What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NEWZA -- On Covid Siesta til '21 (1 Viewer)

If Yahoo can't track the auction values, the only issue would be enforcing maximum dollar value of starter lineups (auction + FAAB). This happened to me once or twice in Fantrax last year but would have a bigger problem for teams that spent their more of their FAAB budget early on a single player.

I don't think that rule is necessary. I think of Auction and FAAB budgets as separate pools anyway.
No, it can track auction values, it can't track the contract year. Which really only comes into play during off-season and estimating trade value and such...

Ok - two of my bestest ifriends in the world quit on me in year 2 of a wonderful keeper/auction league. They broke my heart and I'm crying inside, but we must move on.

Worst case is we carry on with 12 teams, but I think we should be able to fill the spots. If people are interested, I can provide roster info on the quitter teams. It's keep 9-12 players and generally know one sucks so much that they don't have 9 guys worth keeping.

I'll get a doodle up pretty soon for auction availability in March. Let's say by the end of the week.

Let's get some more thoughts on moving to Yahoo. I'm kind of liking this idea.

Pros: Better website, much better app, most people have other leagues on yahoo, FREE, we can auction live and rosters are populated/done (last year we auctioned on yahoo and then moved to fantrax and loaded rosters manually -- not sure if fantrax lets you do a live auction now)

Cons: We would have to track contract years on a google doc, which you may have to review when considering trades/keepers, etc., it hurts my stock in Fantrax

I have two questions:

1. How much to get in?

2. Do you set lineups once a week?

3. Cool!

4. Is it possible to just get really lucky and win like FF?

5x5 OBP leeg, with 1 catcher, 2 ut (c,1b,2b,3b,ss,mi,ci,ut,ut,9 pitchers) 7 man bench, 3 DL slots

14 teams assuming we fill back up. Keep between 9-12 each year with auction/faab value being the contract value (5 year contract max, years 3,4,5 carry a $5 bump). Faab is twice a week, daily lineups, $260 auction day cap with a $320 in-season cap for trades/faab.

I think that about covers it...let me know if you other questions.

Are there weekly winners, or are the scoring categories cumulative? In the early days of Roto, stats were cumulative and often leagues would turn into a boat race. I am assuming this is not the case in newZilla.

Mike Trout said he would take a 10% pay cut for me. Please adjust accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Notorious T.R.E. said:
Treynwreck3 said:
Are there weekly winners, or are the scoring categories cumulative? In the early days of Roto, stats were cumulative and often leagues would turn into a boat race. I am assuming this is not the case in newZilla.
Cumulative, its a normal roto league.
Out. Thanks.

Holding out for two more owners. I think PIK showed interest...not sure if SLB is interested anymore. I do owe an email to the league about available auction dates.

Didn't get a lot of feedback about going to Yahoo permanently, but I'm pretty sold on the idea at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread