What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NEWZA -- On Covid Siesta til '21 (1 Viewer)

Let's go ahead and do this. These keepers aren't changing unless there's an injury, so why not?

Rendon $26 3B

Ozuna $19 OF

Realmuto $17 C

Merrifield $12 2B/OF

Lamahieu $3 1B/2B/3B

Calhoun $3 OF

Clevinger $11 P 

Corbin $7 P

Giles $6 P

Giolito $2 P

Gallen $1 P

11 @ $107. Anyone interested in trades, I'll listen.

Paid.

Would be open to taking on a big contract top tier guy (and could be cajoled to overpaying a little perhaps), be it offense or pitcher.  Have some good cheap youngins that may appeal to some including Wander Franco and MacKenzie Gore each at a buck.

We are allowed to trade $$, correct? Could throw in a couple to make a deal work (i.e. one of my established but larger contract guys, a rook or veteran low cost, in return for a top tier with top tier).

Paid.

Would be open to taking on a big contract top tier guy (and could be cajoled to overpaying a little perhaps), be it offense or pitcher.  Have some good cheap youngins that may appeal to some including Wander Franco and MacKenzie Gore each at a buck.

We are allowed to trade $$, correct? Could throw in a couple to make a deal work (i.e. one of my established but larger contract guys, a rook or veteran low cost, in return for a top tier with top tier).
No trading of $$.  Just too hard to accomplish with Yahoo.  

Available players($ and Year) :coffee:

Clayton Kershaw LAD - P    $17    2
C. Vzquez Bos - C    $3    2
Andrew Heaney LAA - P    $1    2
Carter Kieboom Was - SS    $1    2
Joc Pederson LAD - OF    $1    2
Luis Urías SD - 2B    $1    2
Miguel Andújar NYY - 3B    $1    2
Salvador Perez KC - C    $1    2

So ah, uh, errr...

Wtf?  Assume we wait for clarity? What a weird time. 

MOST of all, hope everyone good health over the coming weeks.

I go back and forth.  It'd be nice to have the distraction of the draft next Monday and get keepers set this week.  But, is that really the fair thing to do with so many unknowns at the current time?  What say the masses?  Yay or nay on doing keepers/draft as currently scheduled?

Yay.  Everyone-Stay safe in these crazy times. Rodg- The email for you on yahoo is that the paypal email? Thanks.

Can't speak for others, but I'm oot.

For one, #### baseball.  I'm really losing interest with their bs infighting and shenanigans in the midst of literal national upheaval AND a pandemic. #### the rich and the richer #####ing about ####.

Also, no DH? It's no longer baseball. Play offense, play a position.  Man up. 

Hate to say it, but my baseball days may simply be done. :kicksrock:

Will see how that is next season or once games begin, but havent felt this meh about baseball in my entire life. Not after steroids. Not after the strike.

Plus, don't want to worry about a season that could end at any time while football begins to ramp up (only to possibly be halted, at any time).

I'd be up for doing some version of the league this year. I'd go with majority on contracts, and probably want to keep the money low due to volatility of a 60 game season that might now finish even.

I’m on board with half entry fee and keepers not losing an additional year. Salaries will increase as expected this year, just no increases next year in year or price. Basically keep everyone for current value.

I also like adding a couple roster spots and bumping the IL spots by 2. 

I’m on board with half entry fee and keepers not losing an additional year. Salaries will increase as expected this year, just no increases next year in year or price. Basically keep everyone for current value.

I also like adding a couple roster spots and bumping the IL spots by 2. 
No problems with this. 

Could just open a couple roster spots and have waivers run the week prior I guess too?  Rather than a supplemental draft.  That way you're using faab money and no one lucks into something big...  

Now that I think about it, probably what I'll propose for my local.  

Here's what I sent out to my local version of this league:

-Add 3 roster spots
-Add 2 additional IR spots (5 total)
-Add another $20 in FAAB money
-Open up FAAB prior to the season so we get 2-3 runs in to bid on players to fill the 3 extra spots (or more if you have guys out of commission already)
-Contracts.  My proposal for that is players in contract year 2-5 (guys you kept) won't advance a year...you can keep them at the same rate/year as you did prior to auction this year so you don't lose a full year of a keeper.  1st year guys will be treated as normal if you keep them next year.

Can we do the draft next Wednesday evening? Does that work for everyone?

Still haven’t heard from @bananafish, @HellToupee, @JZilla and final word from @Koya
Thankfully, bananafish gave me Power of Attorney before he was remanded to the Bryant Institute for Re-education after questioning the intelligence of a certain Commander in Chief.

By the power vested in me, I declare Wednesday as peachy.

I kinda like the idea of drafting at the last minute with everybody underprepared and the added unknowns of Coronaball. Rewards resourcefulness or something like that.

That's assuming we even have enough teams, of course. I have a guy who might be interested now that I think about it...

We can always have less teams this year. Those that plan on playing in ‘21 but not during “Coronaball” can give us their keepers before the auction and they will be frozen. Just an idea. Also rolling rosters over is fine too.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 definite out. 1 almost certainly out in Zilla. 1 no response in HT. I’m going to just call it. No league this year. Rosters will roll over to 2021 and we’ll start fresh then.

It’s sad, but I think it’s what we have to do. Anyone that paid will be refunded.

sad, but probably the right call.
Yeah, as much as I don't want to I have to agree. My buddy was interested in joining, but once it became clear how much work it would take to properly prepare it became a firm "NO WAY JOSE". The level of intricacy that makes this league so awesome and difficult makes it impossible to pull off on the fly. This is my third year and I'm still figuring things out (and still failing).

Good call, @rodg12. I wouldn't have done the same thing and find it impressive that you did. My first instinct is always to persevere and I'm terrible at throwing in the towel which is one of my most irritating flaws. I don't waste as much money/time/energy chasing lost causes as I once did, but any improvement only came from repeatedly getting kicked in the balls. Thanks for all the hard work you put into herding cats, putting the spreadsheets together, etc.

It's an honor to play with you guys and I'm looking forward to next year so y'all better stay alive :boxing:

I just can’t commish this right now. Work is busy plus a 14 month old at home. Sorry everyone.

I’d still participate if someone else wants to commish.

Users who are viewing this thread