What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Draft Expert Rob Rang to chat here (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
Folks,

It gives us great pleasure to announce that NFL Draft Expert Rob Rang will make a guest appearance on the Footballguys.com message board Tuesday, April 11th at 8pm ET. He is scheduled to take questions for 60 to 90 minutes.

We anticipate a lot of people to be part of this as we will be sending out an announcement to our 67,000 people on our mailing list later tonight.

If you want to know about your team's needs or simply have draft related questions, stop by. For those not able to take part in the event, we will summarize the questions and answers and post them on our website.

For those unfamiliar with Rob, here is a quick bio:

Rob Rang, one of the foremost Draft Experts in the country, is the Senior Draft analyst for NFLDraftScout.com. Prior to that, Rob was the Owner and Editor of Westcoastdraft.com for many years. First recognized by SportsTALK.com (now a component of ESPN Insider), Rob's work has been featured in print, radio, internet, and television networks across the country. USA Today, ESPN, FOX, The Sporting News, MSNBC, AOL, and CBS Sportsline are among those who have all featured elements of Rob's work in the past.

Based in Gig Harbor, Washington, Rob has quickly become a fixture at the elite

scouting events held all over the country each year - including the East-West Shrine Game, Senior Bowl, NFL Combine, and numerous Pro Day workouts.

----------------------------------

Special thanks to Bri from the boards who facilitated this for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has an ID on our message board and will show up and chat within the correct Shark Pool topic. Just post questions like any other time and he will do his best to answer a lot of them.

He has an ID on our message board and will show up and chat within the correct Shark Pool topic. Just post questions like any other time and he will do his best to answer a lot of them.
Oh, alright. Thats what I assumed, but I guess I just saw the thread quickly growing to 10+ pages with Rob having 3-4 answers in there. You might think about doing two seperate threads, one with questions for Rang, and one for Rang to post in himself, where he can quote questions from the other thread and consolidate his answers there. Would also make it alot easier to archive his answers.

Just a thought.

Thanks for this opportunity. Can I ask him if I should start Patrick Pass or Sammy Morris in week 14 next year? Seriously, I'm looking forward to this and am curious to see what he has to say because I'm sure there won't be a shortage of quality questions.

Oh, alright. Thats what I assumed, but I guess I just saw the thread quickly growing to 10+ pages with Rob having 3-4 answers in there. You might think about doing two seperate threads, one with questions for Rang, and one for Rang to post in himself, where he can quote questions from the other thread and consolidate his answers there. Would also make it alot easier to archive his answers. Just a thought.
That does make a lot of sense. I think we will do it that way.

Oh, alright. Thats what I assumed, but I guess I just saw the thread quickly growing to 10+ pages with Rob having 3-4 answers in there. You might think about doing two seperate threads, one with questions for Rang, and one for Rang to post in himself, where he can quote questions from the other thread and consolidate his answers there. Would also make it alot easier to archive his answers.

Just a thought.
Good idea, otherwise it is going to be a mess.Looking forward to Rob, didn't really know much about him until someone posted one of his articles the other day. Was a very good read with lots of solid info.

Just make sure you don't blindside him with the whole quoting-posts-from-another-thread thing. Sometimes it takes a couple tries before people get it. It would be a shame to organize this, then waste his time figuring out the message board software.

Just make sure you don't blindside him with the whole quoting-posts-from-another-thread thing. Sometimes it takes a couple tries before people get it. It would be a shame to organize this, then waste his time figuring out the message board software.
he used to post at seahawks.net so it shouldn't take much for him to be comfy here.

Last year I subscribed to NFL Draft Scout .com where Rang hangs his hat. Pretty impressive. He had a Q and A section in their message boards where he answered questions directly. I was very surprised at the lack of activity in that forum. Pretty much if you posted you got a response. He answered some of my questions. I'm not sure if that's still a feature of their site but if you're leaning one way or another on getting a subscription there's a little nugget for you to chew on.

This is cool. I've caught a few of his message board stints after the fact. Always good reading. Buuuut...

Mr. Dodds, far be it from me to advise you (well not that far obviously), but you should lay some ground rules.

When Rang does these at team sites it generally stays topical to that team. This is a fantasy site. We should focus on that somewhat.

Questions should be brief. Don't splice two or more questions into one. Don't give us 150 words of your opinion on a prospect in order to ask his. Be brief and just ask. Keep it simple and we'll all get more information.

I think we could get Reggie, Matt, Vince and Jay out of the way early, so not to spend too much of his time on the stuff he's talked about openly several times.

Personally, I have two requests. I only mention it, because one question per person seems only fair.

A) Bloom and I (and even Matt Waldman) have all drank the Brandon Marshall koolaid. I'd like Rang's opinion on Marshall-- a realistic projection that includes what those of us so high on him are missing.

B) Jerious Norwood. Better YPC than Addai with a lesser line and the same schedule. Great speed, good size, great hands, great kid, good burst up the middle, dangerous outside-- Why no love for this guy?

So, who wants to waste their question to help me get one of those answered? I think they both have major fantasy implications, so we need to know anyway.

:popcorn:

A) Bloom and I (and even Matt Waldman) have all drank the Brandon Marshall koolaid. I'd like Rang's opinion on Marshall-- a realistic projection that includes what those of us so high on him are missing.B) Jerious Norwood. Better YPC than Addai with a lesser line and the same schedule. Great speed, good size, great hands, great kid, good burst up the middle, dangerous outside-- Why no love for this guy?
reposted in other thread for ya

Users who are viewing this thread