What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Europe (1 Viewer)

Roger Robinson for the Cards is doing rrrrrrrrrrreal well

253 yards rushing after 2 weeks, next highest is like 150

Seattle's Hamdan is the only QB his coach is letting air it out with 455 yards 2 TDs but 3 INTs

Seattle's Fulton also leads NFLE in receiving with 236 yards

This guy Ferri is an interesting story switching from RB to S to RB again

http://www.nfleurope.com/teams/story/AMS/9344713

oh and as always Scott McCready is "up there" among the receivers. 6th? 7th? year as the best(or one of) WR in NFLE

Drew Henson report:

he's now 4-0 and they let him air it out a little bit this week.

15/23 192 2 TDs 0 Ints

Zona RB (Roger?)Robinson is tearing it up and Seahawk Gibran Hamdan is again doing very very well

Hamdan's team beat Henson's, they play again next week

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands — Gibran Hamdan threw for 244 yards and three touchdowns Saturday, and the Amsterdam Admirals beat the Rhein Fire 35-31 in NFL Europe.

Trailing 31-28 with 6:20 to play, Hamdan threw a 42-yard touchdown pass to Skylar Fulton for the game-winner. Hamdan and Fulton were allocated from the Seattle Seahawks.

Drew Henson, of the Dallas Cowboys, was 17-of-28 for 187 yards with two touchdown passes for the Fire.

Both teams are 4-1 and meet next weekend in Dusseldorf.

Just got back from the Frankfurt Galaxy/Rhein Fire game. I can compare the atmosphere of these to that of a medium size college game except with 10,000 whistles which is a great effect, only very annoying.

The game was boring until the end when Craig Ochs (Buffalo Bills) lead the Galaxy to the victory on the final possession. But Frankfurt got the rock back after the Fire threw the ball on second and third down with just over two minutes left up one, with the Galaxy having no timeouts. WTF is that?

Anyway Drew Henson looked atrocious. He threw a ton of three yard TE pops and WR outs and when he threw deep he overthrew his target. Just terrible. Timmy Chang (Eagles) looked much better, much more composed.

The only guy I saw that I think could be a nice NFL player is the Galaxy back Roger Robinson (Arizona). He hits holes well and he knows how to accelerate in open space. He's too small to be an everydown back but I think he could definitely serve in a Maurice Morris type role in Arizona. If he has good hands which is not evident by his stats (11 catches all year) he would be a nice change of pace guy.

All in all I got hammered and hung out with some really nice 20 year old German chicks and it cost me $75 total. :thumbup:

thanks for posting that. Wish I could see a game someday. I know it's NFL EUROPE but still I wish they'd play a game or two here.

I'd bet Robinson+the end for Shipp. Wouldn't have taken much but he's the nail in Shipp's coffin w/ Arizona.

BTW You're like the tenth person I've heard very unimpressed with Henson. I'm wonderring if he might be done.

thanks for posting that. Wish I could see a game someday. I know it's NFL EUROPE but still I wish they'd play a game or two here.

I'd bet Robinson+the end for Shipp. Wouldn't have taken much but he's the nail in Shipp's coffin w/ Arizona.

BTW You're like the tenth person I've heard very unimpressed with Henson. I'm wonderring if he might be done.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And that comes from a very rabid Michigan fan who once thought the world and stars of Henson. He just looked terrible today.

Just got back from the Frankfurt Galaxy/Rhein Fire game.  I can compare the atmosphere of these to that of a medium size college game except with 10,000 whistles which is a great effect, only very annoying. 

The game was boring until the end when Craig Ochs (Buffalo Bills) lead the Galaxy to the victory on the final possession.  But Frankfurt got the rock back after the Fire threw the ball on second and third down with just over two minutes left up one, with the Galaxy having no timeouts.  WTF is that? 

Anyway Drew Henson looked atrocious.  He threw a ton of three yard TE pops and WR outs and when he threw deep he overthrew his target.  Just terrible.  Timmy Chang (Eagles) looked much better, much more composed. 

The only guy I saw that I think could be a nice NFL player is the Galaxy back Roger Robinson (Arizona).  He hits holes well and he knows how to accelerate in open space.  He's too small to be an everydown back but I think he could definitely serve in a Maurice Morris type role in Arizona.  If he has good hands which is not evident by his stats (11 catches all year) he would be a nice change of pace guy. 

All in all I got hammered and hung out with some really nice 20 year old German chicks and it cost me $75 total.  :thumbup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dr. D, how did Fred Russell look (I thought I read he was on the Cologne team)? The kid tore it up at Romulus High School back in the day.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And that comes from a very rabid Michigan fan who once thought the world and stars of Henson. He just looked terrible today.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have TIVOed all the games Henson has played. If he looked horrible it was his first game looking that way. He has looked poised in the pocket and he has made some great throws in the other games I have seen. I TIVOed this game too but I haven't watched it yet. A lot of times guys look a lot worse in person than when you go back and watch it on film. I have liked what I have seen of Henson so far this season.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have TIVOed all the games Henson has played. If he looked horrible it was his first game looking that way. He has looked poised in the pocket and he has made some great throws in the other games I have seen. I TIVOed this game too but I haven't watched it yet. A lot of times guys look a lot worse in person than when you go back and watch it on film. I have liked what I have seen of Henson so far this season.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you'll find I am correct. I think bad play calling definitely contributed but he still looked bad.

I have tried several different days to watch this slop. Just can't do it. The quality of play is well below D-1 college football, IMO. I always put it on thinking "Well.... it IS football, and any football is better than no football."

I was wrong. :no:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you'll find I am correct. I think bad play calling definitely contributed but he still looked bad.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He looked all right to me before he got hurt. When he came back after hurting his knee, he was obviously still in pain. Chang looked a little better in this game but anyone who thinks Chang is outplaying Henson is smoking something. The guy is so erratic.

I just think it was a bad game for Henson. Like I said, I have watched him play all his games this season. This was the first bad game he has had. His numbers haven't been that impressive but his decision making has been good and he hasn't made many mistakes.

He did seem to have the happy feet but it was early in the game, then he got hurt. Hard to judge anything based on this game.

I just think it was a bad game for Henson. Like I said, I have watched him play all his games this season. This was the first bad game he has had. His numbers haven't been that impressive but his decision making has been good and he hasn't made many mistakes.

He did seem to have the happy feet but it was early in the game, then he got hurt. Hard to judge anything based on this game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about based on the fact he is playing in NFL Europe? That says enough to me. I once thought the Cowboys made a nice move by getting him and now I just look at him as no more than a backup.

Chang was 15 for 19 that's pretty darn accurate.

Seems Hamdan got hurt last weekend for the second year in a row. He broke his ankle and is done in NFLE for 2006. Not sure how long the recovery is as far as training camp and the Hawks.

Robinson ran for 144 yards

little blurb from cards site

Robinson became only the third running back to record five or more 100-yard games in NFL Europe. The record of six was set in 2005 by Joe Smith of the Rhein Fire.

Robinson rushed for 144 yards on 20 carries in the Galaxy win. Robinson leads NFL Europe with 833 yards on 157 carries for four touchdowns. The single-season record for rushing yards in a season stands at 1,057, set by Mike Green of Barcelona in 2001. Robinson needs 224 yards in the next two weeks to tie the record.

Is Will Svitek the eventual successor to Willie Roaf at the left tackle position on the Chiefs’ offensive line?

I say yes. Many Chiefs fans were confused when the Chiefs picked a defensive line prospect out of Stanford in the sixth round of the 2005 NFL Draft, later to find out he would be moved to offensive tackle in Kansas City. How does a college defensive lineman project to offensive tackle in the NFL?

Svitek may have had his doubters early on, but since then he has done nothing but prove them wrong with his play in NFL Europe.

At 6'6" and 300 pounds, Svitek is the same undersized offensive lineman that ran a 4.93 40-yard dash time and had 33 reps of 225 pounds at his pro day workout in 2005. But he also has the nasty streak that many Chiefs players and fans discovered from his constant fighting in training camp last season. When you take all that athleticism and combine it with his nasty attitude you have a heck of an offensive line prospect.

But maybe he’s not just a prospect anymore. Svitek is currently starting at left tackle for NFL Europe’s Frankfurt Galaxy. Svitek’s team leads the league in first downs, rushing yards and total offense as well as boasting the best red zone offense in the league. He's the best lineman on a line that's blocked for Roger Robinson, NFL Europe’s leading rusher with 954 yards (almost 400 yards more than the No. 2 rusher). Svitek has displayed great pass-protection and run-blocking skills in the NFL Europe games I have watched. He’s clearly been a "man amongst boys".

One NFL Europe analyst said he's the best offensive lineman in the history of the league. That’s high praise, even if it is NFL Europe instead of the NFL. The thing that separates Svitek from any other offensive lineman in NFL Europe is he is excelling while still learning his position.

He's been playing offensive tackle for a total of one year. Most of the offensive linemen in Europe have been playing on the offensive line their whole lives. With just one year under his belt, Svitek is head and shoulders above the rest. When you look at Willie Roaf's size and athletic ability, Svitek comes about as close as you can get, and Svitek is already on the Chiefs’ roster and only 24 years old. If his development continues, Svitek could be the Chiefs starting left tackle as early as 2007 and on his way to a great NFL career.

Worried about Svitek’s status as a low-round draft pick changing his position? There’s no reason he can’t become the next Brian Waters. The Chiefs pro-bowl left guard was an un-drafted fullback signed by Dallas and later picked up by the Chiefs and sent to NFL Europe. Waters shined overseas and eventually moved into the starting lineup in Kansas City. Now he is one of the best offensive linemen in the NFL.

The Chiefs’ offensive line of the future will be set up perfectly if Svitek can fulfill his potential and line up next to Waters.

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/531949.html?refid=3652

ALOT of linemen have come from NFLE that's really high praise

Last edited by a moderator:
He looked all right to me before he got hurt. When he came back after hurting his knee, he was obviously still in pain.

Chang looked a little better in this game but anyone who thinks Chang is outplaying Henson is smoking something. The guy is so erratic.

:confused:

COACH OF THE YEAR

Mike Jones (Frankfurt Galaxy)

OFFENSIVE MVP (Selected by the NFL Europe head coaches)

Gibran Hamdan (QB, Amsterdam Admirals)

CO-DEFENSIVE MVPs (Selected by the NFL Europe head coaches)

Tony Brown (DT, Amsterdam Admirals)

Philippe Gardent (LB, Cologne Centurions)

ALL-NFL EUROPE LEAGUE TEAM

(Selected by the NFLEL coaching staffs, media and by fans voting online at NFLeurope.com)

OFFENSE DEFENSE

QB Gibran Hamdan (Amsterdam) DE Scott Scharff (Hamburg)

RB Roger Robinson (Frankfurt) DT Jerome Nichols (Frankfurt)

WR Skyler Fulton (Amsterdam) DT Bryan Save (Cologne)

WR Chad Lucas (Amsterdam) DE Derrick Strong (Rhein)

WR Aaron Hosack (Frankfurt) LB Terrence Robinson (Rhein)

TE Aaron Halterman (Rhein) LB Derrick Ballard (Amsterdam)

T Will Svitek (Frankfurt) LB Philippe Gardent (Cologne)

G Erik Pears (Cologne) CB Rayshun Reed (Hamburg)

C Tyler Lenda (Amsterdam) S Brandon Haw (Frankfurt)

G Chad Beasley (Berlin) S Anthony Floyd (Berlin)

T Jeff Roehl (Amsterdam) CB Ronyell Whitaker (Rhein)

Nat. Scott McCready (Hamburg) * Nat. Christian Mohr (Berlin) **

K Ryan Killeen (Amsterdam) P Gabe Lindstrom (Cologne)

ST Noriaki Kino####a (Amsterdam)

(Nat – National player; ST – Special Teams player)

* Selected in 2002, 2004, 2005

** Selected in 2005

FYI(some mentioned above)

Robinson is a Card, Hamdan is a seahawk, DT Brown is a panther, and Mike Jones is the former Cowboy LBer

Users who are viewing this thread