What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL pushing for 18 game regular season (1 Viewer)

:lmao: agree with Tony 100%. Put in a reasonable rookie salary range, make their contract for four years - the league already established a fund to enhance the pay of overproducing rookies...there is no doubt that rookie compensation at the top end of the draft is ridiculously high, IMO.
That fund the league established is hardly righting the economic wrongs, here. Most of the guys who get performance pay are looking at five figures.The fact that every team talks about building through the draft, the fact that every expert talks about how important it is to have rookies available as cheap labor, the fact that teams that draft well always outperform teams that do well in free agency... all of this demonstrates pretty clearly that rookies, on the whole, are grossly underpaid. For every one example to the contrary (say, Jamarcus Russell), there are a dozen examples of the rule, ranging from guys like Chris Johnson, Elvis Dumervil, and Vincent Jackson all the way down to the guys who wind up being 45th man on the roster.

Why would players approve it? John Mara the co owner of giants said on wfan that he knew players were saying 18 games was a deal breaker but he says Jerry Jones was trying the hardest to get it.

Mara said he told Jones if you get players to agree to 18 games I will wear a cowboys Jersey for a week in times square

Why would players approve it? John Mara the co owner of giants said on wfan that he knew players were saying 18 games was a deal breaker but he says Jerry Jones was trying the hardest to get it.Mara said he told Jones if you get players to agree to 18 games I will wear a cowboys Jersey for a week in times square
It would be a negotiation. Players would get more money or something out of the deal to play 2 preseason and 18 regular season games.

Why would players approve it? John Mara the co owner of giants said on wfan that he knew players were saying 18 games was a deal breaker but he says Jerry Jones was trying the hardest to get it.Mara said he told Jones if you get players to agree to 18 games I will wear a cowboys Jersey for a week in times square
It would be a negotiation. Players would get more money or something out of the deal to play 2 preseason and 18 regular season games.
The players are guaranteed about half the revenue. More games equals more revenue (all other things constant) and that means a bigger salary cap/floor for the league, which obviously equals more money for the players.That said, I'm not sure the players will think the extra dough is worth the extra beating. 16 + 4 is already brutal.

Users who are viewing this thread