What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NO MERCY _ GREAT WHITE DRAFT (1 Viewer)

Resistance is Futile!1.12 Jamal Lewis Rb.Balt2.09 Torry Holt Wr/StL3.04 Lamont Jordan Rb/Oak4.01 Darrell Jackson Wr/Sea5.04 Laveranues Coles Wr/NyJ6.01 Rod Smith Wr/Den7.12 Aaron Brooks Qb/NO8.01 Jake Delhomme Qb/Car9.12 Michael Pittman Rb/TB10.01 Buffalo Bills DEF11.12 Chester Taylor Rb/Balt12.01 Mewelde Moore Rb/Minn13.12 Troy Williamson Wr/Minn14.01 David Boston Wr/Mia15.12 Matt Stover K/Balt - dependable and he's a kicker 16.01 Erron Kinney Te/Tenn - With Troupe out for awhile and Mason gone, McNair might just be looking this direction for a security blanket.Qbs-----A Brooks QB1J DelhommeRbs------J Lewis RB1L Jordan RB2M PittmanC TaylorM MooreWrs------T Holt WR1D Jackson WR2L Coles WR3R SmithT WilliamsonD BostonTe------E Kinney K-----M StoverDef-----Buffalo

I like the Booker pick LOD. Can't figure out why McDill took Boston instead of Booker!

1.05 NO RB McAllister

2.08 DEN RB Bell

3.08 GB WR J. Walker

4.08 TEN WR D. Bennett

5.08 SF RB K. Barlow

6.08 OAK QB K. Collins

7.08 NYG WR P. Burress

8.05 MIA TE R. McMichael

9.08 ATL RB T. Duckett

10.08 DEN RB M. Anderson

11.08 NYJ QB C. Pennington

12.05 PIT WR A. Randle El

13.08 TEN WR T. Calico

14.05 DEN RB M. Clarett

15.08 NYJ DEF

Calico is a hedge for my WR2 Bennett and may turn out to be a decent pick anyway. I don't expect anything from Clarett, BUT if I'm wrong about Bell/Anderson he's another hedge. Defenses are crapshoots, IMHO, so I was almost the last to take one - the Jets should suffice.

:boxing: Hurricane

1.11 Domanack Davis, rb Hou

2.02 Julius Jone, rb Dal

3.11 Donovan McNabb, qb Phi

4.02 Reggie Wayne, wr Ind

5.11 Larry Fitzgerald, wr Ari

6.02 Jeremy Shockey, te, NYG

7.11 Lee Suggs, rb, Cle

8.02 Tom Brady, qb NE

9.11 David Givens, wr NE

10.02 Philadelphia Eagles, dt Phi

11.11 Maurice Morris, rb Sea

12.02 Jason Elam, pk Den

13.11 Jeb Putzier, te, Den

14.02 Antonio Bryant, wr Cle

15.11 Vernand Morency rb Hou

16.02 Robert Ferguson wr GB

15.11 Vernand Morency A back up to D. Davis. Nothing more to say about him.

16.02 Robert Ferguson If Walker holds out, he might see a lot of PT. If Walker reports, I wasted a pick. I had four WRs I strongly considered in this spot, and sure enough, two of them:Samie Parker and Eric Parker got taken right away. What the heck - it's my WR5, if Walker returns, I haven't lost much with a 16th round pick anyway.

I was hoping Morancey would fall to me but I knew you would grab him at one of the 2 picks I like him a lot in HOU. Fergeson could actually seem some time so for a 5th wr not bad at all. I was surprised Boston was even picked in the draft 4 game sus and recovering from Knee I like Booker a lot.. Not bad to get a #2 WR this lateNow on with the draft

17.5 Darius Watt WR DEN

So I all ready have lelie, but looking at this point in the draft, this guy has the most potential to score here. Kind of a Handcuff for Lelie LOLOLOLOL but who knows if Smith or lelie go down he could be huge. he is a 17th round pick LOL

15.09 - Jerramy Stevens

I had been looking for a back-up for Heap for a few rounds. I am not 100% convinced that a.) he'll be healthy for the start of the season or b.) he'll be healthy throughout the season. I was looking at E. Johnson and figured he'd be there in the 13th, nope. Putzier in the 14h, nope. Wiggins in the 15th, nope. From wat I've been reading Jerramy has been cleaning up his act and came into the mini camps looking pretty good. With the loss of Robinson plus some new guys that have to learn the system Hasselbeck may have to use him more often.

16.04 - David Patten

I had David last year in a couple of leagues and he came through for me on several occasions. He's moved and we all know what that means but so has Moss and it looks like Gardner may not stick around. Pretty good candidate for a potential 700/5 year IMO. At 16.04 that's what it's all about.

17.09 - Brandon Jacobs

I was trying to insure some of my RB's later in the draft but Betts didn't excite me and now that Henry has moved to Tennessee, Nash is done. So, Jacobs it is. Yeah he's a rookie and if Barber goes down it will most likely be Cloud who takes the majority of the snaps but Jacobs will do the scoring.... or so they tell me.

18.04 - Billy Volek

eta: see I told you it wouldn't be very exciting....

For all practical purposes this draft is finished. My last pick won't be that exciting and really won't help much. I was truly frightened after the third round and I had nothing but RB's. I've never been in that situation before but with these guys you almost have to take what is given to you. I am sure a few of my picks were cause for alarm, also. I like this group as an all around team. They won't put up giant numbers but they should win their share of games and with a little luck who knows............... :banned:

1.09 - Clinton Portis

2.04 - Tiki Barber

3.09 - Chris Brown

4.04 - Michael Clayton

5.09 - Chris Chambers

6.04 - Lee Evans

7.09 - Todd Heap

8.04 - Matt Hasselbeck

9.09 - Pittsburgh D

10.04 - Steve McNair

11.09 - Andre' Davis

12.04 - David Akers

13.09 - Reche Caldwell

14.04 - Frank Gore

15.09 - Jerramy Stevens

16.04 - David Patten

17.09 - Brandon Jacobs

18.04 - Billy Volek

Last edited by a moderator:
1.11 Domanack Davis, rb Hou

2.02 Julius Jones, rb Dal

3.11 Donovan McNabb, qb Phi

4.02 Reggie Wayne, wr Ind

5.11 Larry Fitzgerald, wr Ari

6.02 Jeremy Shockey, te, NYG

7.11 Lee Suggs, rb, Cle

8.02 Tom Brady, qb NE

9.11 David Givens, wr NE

10.02 Philadelphia Eagles, dt Phi

11.11 Maurice Morris, rb Sea

12.02 Jason Elam, pk Den

13.11 Jeb Putzier, te, Den

14.02 Antonio Bryant, wr Cle

15.11 Vernand Morency rb Hou

16.02 Robert Ferguson wr GB

17.11 Kyle Boller, qb Bal

18.02 Denver Broncos DT

17.11 Kyle Boller, qb Bal

Just in case a QB injury bug hits. I woould have rather gone with Garcia, Warner or Bledsoe, but had more pressing needs earlier in the draft (especially when you have McNabb and Brady already on the roster).

18.02 Denver Broncos DT

There were two fliers at WR I considered, but they may be available through blind bid later on. Broncos have stacked up on defensive talent, and may make a good spot starter.

I'm surprised how closely you guys followed ADP for the first 12 rounds.

If the ADP's listed at the start of this thread are correct we weren't all that close. This list is for the first 6 rounds. A minus means they were taken earlier than they should have been. A plus is a good thing....

R. Johnson -9

C. Martin -8

R. Moss +9

T. Bell -8

T. Owens +8

S. Jackson +6

W. Dunn -21

J.J. Arrington -12

D. McNabb +8

R. Brown +9

M. Bulger -7

N. Burleson +10

A. Boldin -15

D. Driver -17

C. Chambers -16

I. Bruce -10

R. Smith -30

J. Shockey -8

D. Mason -11

L. Evans -23

L. Johnson -10

D. Branch -10

T. Green +15

A. Lelie -8

edit to fix grammer

The issue with ADP is that is the ADP for Dynasty or Redraft.. Re draft is a lot different.. Martin would not have gone as high older players would have fell

If the ADP's listed at the start of this thread are correct we weren't all that close. This list is for the first 6 rounds. A minus means they were taken earlier than they should have been. A plus is a good thing....

R. Johnson -9

C. Martin -8

R. Moss +9

T. Bell -8

T. Owens +8

S. Jackson +6

W. Dunn -21

J.J. Arrington -12

D. McNabb +8

R. Brown +9

M. Bulger -7

N. Burleson +10

A. Boldin -15

D. Driver -17

C. Chambers -16

I. Bruce -10

R. Smith -30

J. Shockey -8

D. Mason -11

L. Evans -23

L. Johnson -10

D. Branch -10

T. Green +15

A. Lelie -8

edit to fix grammer
I did this at the office, so I'll double check. Yes, there were SOME variances that seemed large. I'm talking about on the average. Your first 12 rounds were only 2.8 positions from the ADP on average.I used antsports with TE required, HP league.

Last edited:
18.8 Marcus Pollard TE Det

Was looking for backups for the TE K and Def positions and I liked Pollard more for my back up TE. Kickers and Def you can pick during the season when needed and dont need one till at least week 7. Like Pollard here last year the Det TE's had 60 catches if he get 90% of that that would be great.

Great Draft everyone, I know it took some time but it looks like there are solid picks from everyone, which will make for a great season... Send over those trade offers I am ready to deal so lets rock and roll.. See everyone in the regular season

Final Roster Commish Commandos

QB's

Bulger

Big Ben

RB's

Dillon

Martin

Henry

Blaylock

Buckhalter

Davenport

WR's

Ch Johnson

Boldin

Lelie

Porter

Booker

Watts

TE

Clark

Pollard

K

Wilkens

Def

Panthers

Seems to me if a team drafted wildly different than the ADP they'd get crushed - if the league was decent. I don't see drafting generally around the ADP as non-sharkish. What matters is that the players you draft generally do better than expected.

Seems to me if a team drafted wildly different than the ADP they'd get crushed - if the league was decent. I don't see drafting generally around the ADP as non-sharkish. What matters is that the players you draft generally do better than expected.
I can't decide. Anyone can follow an ADP sheet.But, then again, reaching up or down and being right is where the men separate from the boyz, no?

I'm gonna do a little more analysis, maybe look at a team-by-team basis as well. May be some useful info in there.

It started when someone said the Great White guys were way better than the n00bs. Hard to tell, given the n00bs have likely been playing long before this year in No Mercy. In any case, I notice Kestrel's Flight and the Guppies had the widest variances away from the ADP sheet. Given the leagues constitution, maybe that's something.

1.05 NO RB McAllister

2.08 DEN RB Bell

3.08 GB WR J. Walker

4.08 TEN WR D. Bennett

5.08 SF RB K. Barlow

6.08 OAK QB K. Collins

7.08 NYG WR P. Burress

8.05 MIA TE R. McMichael

9.08 ATL RB T. Duckett

10.08 DEN RB M. Anderson

11.08 NYJ QB C. Pennington

12.05 PIT WR A. Randle El

13.08 TEN WR T. Calico

14.05 DEN RB M. Clarett

15.08 NYJ DEF

16.05 NYJ TE D. Jolley

17.08 SEA WR B. Engram

18.05 SD PK N. Kaeding

And the draft is done. TE Jolley in the 16th round--I got Witten late last year--maybe I'll get lucky again. If Engram catches on as WR2 in Seattle my 17th could be sweet. Last to take a kicker--who said starters in the last round are rare?

Overall, I should be competitive. Confident as I can be about my RBs and QBs. The way I see it: if my receivers produce - watch out.

:boxing: Hurricane Browns

With everyone generally drafting close to the ADP it's nearly impossible to snag that unbelievable, eye-popping steal. In my draft above all the deviations are picking players "too early." I started with McAllister about right, Bell a little early, and Walker a little later. Mike Anderson in the tenth?! With Bell he is that important, in my eyes, but to someone else - a 15th rounder-plus. Duckett might be an exception here, though. He's pretty decent in the ninth, right?

I'm sure we all love our teams. Never heard anyone say they hated thgeir teams right after the draft. Everyone has a weakness somewhere.

I can't decide. Anyone can follow an ADP sheet.But, then again, reaching up or down and being right is where the men separate from the boyz, no?

I'm gonna do a little more analysis, maybe look at a team-by-team basis as well. May be some useful info in there.

It started when someone said the Great White guys were way better than the n00bs. Hard to tell, given the n00bs have likely been playing long before this year in No Mercy. In any case, I notice Kestrel's Flight and the Guppies had the widest variances away from the ADP sheet. Given the leagues constitution, maybe that's something.
Most of the No Mercy Boys were members of the original cheatsheets site that had some leagues that started on it.I personally don't claim to be any better than anyone else. I do have some strategies of which I did not follow in this draft that work for me. I know most are 5 year members of this league. I personally have been playing since 1990 when I had to pay by snail mail just to enjoy the sport. Magazines, Sporting News, and USA Today were a big item back then. Internet brought a lot of Parity to this game, and Joe's web site has brought even more.

With everyone generally drafting close to the ADP it's nearly impossible to snag that unbelievable, eye-popping steal. In my draft above all the deviations are picking players "too early." I started with McAllister about right, Bell a little early, and Walker a little later. Mike Anderson in the tenth?! With Bell he is that important, in my eyes, but to someone else - a 15th rounder-plus. Duckett might be an exception here, though. He's pretty decent in the ninth, right?
You have always been tough Hurricane so I will be th last one to question your draft.

First my team:Carr, David HOU QB Vick, Michael ATL QBArrington, J.J. ARI RBGreen, Ahman GBP RBJohnson, Rudi CIN RB Williams, Carnell TBB RB Bruce, Isaac STL WR Gaffney, Jabar HOU WR Houshmandzadeh, T.J. CIN WRMason, Derrick BAL WRStokley, Brandon IND WR Taylor, Travis MIN WR Williams, Mike DET WR Smith, L.J. PHI TEWatson, Ben NEP TE Brown, Josh SEA PK Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def This I think is my weakest draft since I have been in No Mercy. This is the first year where I didn't prepare extensively and it showed. Darn :wall: work. Something always came up to mess up my best laid plans.That said I think this year I will be solid at RB. Last year because of the boneheaded pick of M Bennet in the third round and injuries to P Holmes I was always juggling for a RB starter. So I wanted this postion to be deep. The veterans should be nice and solid and the rookies could take over starting duties late in the season.M Vick could win it or lose it for me. He could explode and make me look like a genius or he could still play to the same level as in prior years. Either way I took him in the 8th round so I see him as good value. I wanted to team him up with another solid choices but unfortunately there was a QB run and the 5 guys I was targeting got scooped up. So I had to grab Carr earlier then intended. I see him only as a spot starter but if Vick is injured during the season I think I am up the creek.No matter what I do I have always been mediocre at drafting WRs. Looking over my draft I see I picked up T.Taylor to early and I regert my pick of Bruce as WR1.Looks like I lack a real WR1 again this year. Solid but not spectacular group.Well pretty happy with my TE's. In addition to Smith I wanted Steven (Sea) but I waited to long. Goes to show being cute can cost you. I think I have solid combo_Overall I am happy with the defenses I have. For some reason TB seem to be flying under most people's radar theses days. I think they'll be a top 5 D to top 8 D. I see the Vikings D improving tremdously this year and creating more turnovers than in prior year.As in prior years it looks like my division will be very tough. Can't wait for the season the begin and see what happens.Cheers

I'll say this about things like ADPs and buckets.The top person in the bucket i'm drsfting out of may not be the top person on most cheatsheets, but most of the time, I'll be drafting him close to his ADP. If I have someone like a Kerry Collins ranked in the bucket that is equivalent to picks 1.10 to 2.11 and his ADP is 6.01, I'll try top grab him in the 5th round, not the second!Drafting is all about maximizing value. That's how you do it. That's what separates the aquarium league from the sharks. I will put forth the proposition here that Great White drafted close to ADP because we are mostly value drafters who consider not only our own projections, but ADP as well.And about our own projections. The first year of No Mercy, I noticed right away that half the league I was in was drafting right off FBG cheatsheets. So basically, I was drafting against Joe and Dave. It meant I had to find a way to be better at prognosticating, better at developing draft tools, etc. because half the teams were essentially being run off FBG cheats. I think many of us who swim in salt water recognize that the level of competition there is a lot tougher than in the Bait Bucket or the fresh water leagues, simply because of the culling process. Having said that, there is an argument for longevity in the league resulting in higher positioning. Of course, people who are in it from the beginning don't have to climb the fish ladders like the Newbies.And the obstacles in the way are formidable. Last year, Guppies had Gatorman, Yudkin and nittanylion - all top competitors. Kestrel had Rudnicki and Maxwell. Piranha had maxxfootball, Reservoir Dogs, boubucarow, and teh Alchemist. Barracuda had Redhots, Prussian, Culcasi and juice. Hammerhead had Cobalt Cruisin, Guppy King Tygeb, ryloth and Cybergeek. Great White had LOD, cj, Tebuckey, kleck, purplehaze, bueno and Maurile Tremblay.Even the Bait Bucket was a tough place. iwannabeacowboy, lhucks, Shick! bts4bkfst, MelvinTScupper, Tick, etc.This is where we recruit, and many of our members are also present or former staff here. To be the best you have to beat the best. But first, you have to earn that shot!Okay, that's my pitch, I'm done!

Users who are viewing this thread