What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

No Thursday Game (1 Viewer)

tjnc09

Footballguy
Thursday games have been annoying all season with regards to fantasy decisions. Now that there isn't one this week, do you miss it?

From a fantasy perspective, I'm happy to not have it. I don't like to have to sit around for 3 days after the first game to be upset about a bad start or be happy about a good start and watch it all piss away on Sunday. From a football perspective, I'll definitely miss it. Thursday nights are the beginning to my weekend and nothing better than sitting down with a beer and watching football.

Yes. Also, they haven't been annoying at all. A minor inconvenience, at best, and that's only if you have a Sunday/Monday player that's questionable and your best option for a replacement goes Thursday. I don't think that happened to me more than once or twice across 6 leagues this year.

More chances to watch games is a good thing.

While I do enjoy watching more football, the quality of games on TNF are usually pretty terrible.
Agree. Its not that TNF is horrible in idea, just the quality of materials they toss out there. You always get the "Tennessee vs. Cleveland game" it seems.

If I am being honest with myself, if I did not play ff, I would probably watch about 2...maybe 3 games a year on TNF (the opener, the game where my favorit team plays its game on TNF, and then there is always one that sneaks up as being a good one).

No Thursday game is awesome. I could do without the SNF and MNF game too. Put all the games on Sunday during the day, sit back and enjoy Sunday Ticket or whatever and for those itching for more, subscribe to that package NFL offers to watch past games.

Our fantasy games wouldn't have stupid intermissions. We could have that much more time with the family.

While I do enjoy watching more football, the quality of games on TNF are usually pretty terrible.
Agree. Its not that TNF is horrible in idea, just the quality of materials they toss out there. You always get the "Tennessee vs. Cleveland game" it seems.
well, unlike other primetime games I think they try to get different teams every week to showcase that team and that city, so there are most likely a lot more teams you don't care to see than teams you're interested in.

if you hate thursday night football you hate america

Last edited by a moderator:
well, unlike other primetime games I think they try to get different teams every week to showcase that team and that city, so there are most likely a lot more teams you don't care to see than teams you're interested in.

if you hate thursday night football you hate america
That and you can't give the "elite" teams short weeks all the time - doesn't work in the NFL.

Even if they could, it's almost impossible outside a handful of teams to predict who will be good. Before the start of the season, would anyone guess, for example, a Miami KC Thurs game would have more playoff implications than Atlanta Houston.

I would be more interested in an extra night game if it were on Tuesday. People are more likely to watch for fantasy purposes even if its a bad matchup and it gives the players an extra day rest on short week.

Re: Tuesday - I mean run the NFL week Sunday to Tuesday, not Thursday-Monday. If your opponent has Chris Johnson in a Tenn Cle game, you are probably going to watch Tues more so than Thurs

Users who are viewing this thread