What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Northern Lights (1 Viewer)

Lots of pics south of me (North Port, Port Charlotte, Sebring, etc) but I'm seeing nothing here just outside of Tampa.

Can see it in southern Idaho, but sort of like in black and white. Phone shows a way different color spectrum.

Funny part is my daughter is in Alaska and doesn't know if she will see it because the sun refuses to set.

Could see it from our back yard, faint green/pink with some definite structure/pillars. Headed further out of the city and it got even better! Even caught the milky way with some pink around it which is in the southeastern sky (wrong direction), this thing must have been crazy strong!

Didn't get to shoot for long but took a couple timelapses, gonna work on putting those together later.

5 weeks ago I'd never seen an aurora nor a total solar eclipse. What a month!

Trying to look tonight. For those that saw it Friday, was it constant, or something that came and went?

Trying to look tonight. For those that saw it Friday, was it constant, or something that came and went?

Friday night in Utah it was constant, but the strength of it came and went. Most of the time it was just kind of there as a hazy glow and only the camera could pick up colors/structure, but then during the strong parts you could see some color with your eye and definition of the pillars. Those usually lasted a few minutes.

Last night it only appeared a few times for a few minutes, and otherwise was completely black even to the camera.

Amazing how much more my phone was able to pick up than the naked eye. What I could see was pretty faint but my trusty Samsung got the goods. That was neat.
Let’s see it.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I could have easily strolled down the block to a better viewing spot without powerlines obscuring the view, but at 10:45pm when I saw them, I was ready for bed. :bag:

Anyhow, here's the best shot I got from our backyard....

Users who are viewing this thread