What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Not Feeling Bad About a Loss (1 Viewer)

drunken slob

Footballguy
Not going to lay out the roster, the team is not bad.

In fact, here's the (12) team league: http://www53.myfantasyleague.com/2019/home/39716#0

My team is Drunk Monks. 4th in points-for (PF), 1st in Points Against (PA). Have a 6-6 record, but, had a crappy Thanksgiving Day (magic football wise), and looking at a loss here in Week 13.

Six playoff teams in one division, Six non-playoff teams in the other. Promotion/Relegation, in other words. The "Lower" division is, well I don't want to be mean, but, it's the "Lower" division.

If I lose this week, I will be relegated down. We have a playoff for the #1 Pick. I have a good shot at beating all the teams that will end up in that bracket. 

For the second time in my life, I won't feel bad. This happened to me when Zeke was a rookie. Got him in both of my dynasty leagues. The return hasn't been bad. 

I don't like losing. Sometimes a season just doesn't work out. I still give 100% on my Commish work during my time as a non-participant in the playoffs.  

So if I take an "L" this weekend, oh well. I'll keep my footballguys.com subscription, and come back better next season.

Every once in a while, you end up in "Purgatory" and it's a good reminder that sitting still, is going backwards.

:banned:

We have a rule of winner of consolation gets 1.13. I have a oretty strong team, was a favorite on paper to start the season. I already own 1.2, 1.3, and my own 1.6... so 1.13 would be icing on the cake.

Similar situation- my opponent had a great Thanksgiving Day

I don't feel bad at all about losing this week. If I win, I like my chances. If I lose I am set up well for 2020 

#longgame

We have a rule of winner of consolation gets 1.13. I have a oretty strong team, was a favorite on paper to start the season. I already own 1.2, 1.3, and my own 1.6... so 1.13 would be icing on the cake.

Similar situation- my opponent had a great Thanksgiving Day

I don't feel bad at all about losing this week. If I win, I like my chances. If I lose I am set up well for 2020 

#longgame
What do people in auction leagues do? We just switched to one last year and it's been great. But I've been curious if there was some comparable way to reward those who still field strong teams but don't make it into the playoffs.

What do people in auction leagues do? We just switched to one last year and it's been great. But I've been curious if there was some comparable way to reward those who still field strong teams but don't make it into the playoffs.
I'd be curious to hear this. Most dynasty leagues dont do an auction rookie draft

We are switching to PP for the draft for 2021. if we had it this year I'd still be at 1.6 horrible luck and some big busts this year (barkley to name one). 

Users who are viewing this thread