What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Oakland at San Diego (1 Viewer)

So misleading to call 16 points a "two possession game" Odds of converting TWO two pt conversions are less than 25%...so logically a coach should absolutely consider that a three possession difference

How do they change a penalty after the play to a penalty DURING the play? It's not like they picked up a flag after a conference. This one was initially ruled after the play. How do you then decide after the fact that it happened earlier in time?!?

I know they told the refs to call more OPI...but that's about the third God-awful OPI call I've seen today. Not even close to it there

When you go back to that 3rd down play in the 1st quarter, where the Oakland db pulled Stevie Johnson's shoulder from behind before the ball arrived, but there was no call...it makes that phantom OPI on a nice TD even uglier.

There isn't an officiating crew worse than a Jerome Boger crew, I can only think of one reason the NFL keeps this crew around....

That OPI plus the refs inexplicably changing 4th and 19 to 3rd and 19 cost the Chargers a lot of time. Ryvera makes it moot though.

Absolutely no way to blame this game on officiating, as the Chargers positively stunk in the 1st half. But this has been the most one-sided officiating I can remember. No call when Johnson gets mugged before the ball arrives. PI against Flowers for barely *touching* the shoulder of a receiver on the opposite side of the play, and it may have even been within 5 yards, phantom OPI against Keenan...this has been very one sided. Again, not an excuse. Chargers deserved to lose. But that doesn't excuse the horrible officiating.

That OPI plus the refs inexplicably changing 4th and 19 to 3rd and 19 cost the Chargers a lot of time. Ryvera makes it moot though.
The explanation (finally) on the 3rd and 19 makes sense. The penalty was for slamming Ingram to the ground, which happened during the play, not the pushing and shoving that happened after. Although, you could argue they should have thrown another flag for the pushing and shoving.

The explanation (finally) on the 3rd and 19 makes sense. The penalty was for slamming Ingram to the ground, which happened during the play, not the pushing and shoving that happened after. Although, you could argue they should have thrown another flag for the pushing and shoving.
I muted it after that play, but if that's what they say happened then the refs botched their initial announcement. Just a confusing series of events that shouldn't have been that hard. If only the Chargers could've merely been bad in the first half rather than atrocious, but like you said they deserved to lose. If only the refs could take a loss as well.

Ugh....checking across my leagues (10) that Keenan Allen phantom OPI cost me at least 2 and probably 3 wins :(

Users who are viewing this thread