What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2008 Cin-Day-Tucky FFL Thread*** (3 Viewers)

This is going to be great! (Full Animal House interpretation)With Homer down for this, we were thinking of golfing either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. Anyone else interested?
Several points:I'll be rolling in on Thursday night, yo. Not sure if I'm staying at your place that night though. :shock:Since the Casa de Wampus is in NKY, I'm thinking Lassing Pointe ( :wub: ) around 1...we should roll in to the draft around 5:30-6:00 and I'll already be drunk. Perfect!The fact that you suggest anything on Saturday morning other than me lounging by your pool tells me that you don't really know me at all. As far as catering goes, I think we can get Shuke's broad from last year to deliver whatever the hell we want to wherever the hell we want. She was smitten. :wub:And finally, the naming of the league really needs to reflect my level of commitment here. Last year I came down from Columbus and it was the Cin-Day-Tucky League...and I was okay with that...no big deal. But this time around I need some representation up in this mofo. Youngstown to Cincy is a friggin' haul. I think the Cin-Day-Tucky-Young League is appropriate. I was going to suggest Cin-Day-Young-Tucky but that just makes me think of teenage hillbilly chicks, so we'll back off of that one. No one wants me thinking about teenage hillbilly chicks. :confused:

Homer J Simpson said:
Big Papi said:
WampusCat43 said:
Everybody check your email. The league website is up and running.
Got it! Probably should start doing some research or something at some point :unsure:
You're fine. I just found out today that Donte Stallworth is a Brown. Who knew?
This is the first I've heard of that... ;)

Homer J Simpson said:
Big Papi said:
WampusCat43 said:
Everybody check your email. The league website is up and running.
Got it! Probably should start doing some research or something at some point :lmao:
You're fine. I just found out today that Donte Stallworth is a Brown. Who knew?
This is the first I've heard of that... :confused:
Who is this Donte Stallworth you people keep talking about? Would you rank him higher or lower than Chicago's D? Should we start using the league message board for this or just keep making all the other "uncool" FBGs jealous?

Homer J Simpson said:
This is going to be great! (Full Animal House interpretation)With Homer down for this, we were thinking of golfing either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. Anyone else interested?
Since the Casa de Wampus is in NKY, I'm thinking Lassing Pointe ( :clap: ) around 1...we should roll in to the draft around 5:30-6:00 and I'll already be drunk. Perfect!
I never get bored with your intimate geographic knowledge of the N. Ky area. Wampus lives in NKY? That's close to Lassing Pointe isn't it? We should play there.

Homer J Simpson said:
Since the Casa de Wampus is in NKY, I'm thinking Lassing Pointe ( :wub: ) around 1...we should roll in to the draft around 5:30-6:00 and I'll already be drunk. Perfect!
I never get bored with your intimate geographic knowledge of the N. Ky area. Wampus lives in NKY? That's close to Lassing Pointe isn't it? We should play there.
Ummmm...so it's not close? :lmao:

23 miles, although the route described is not the one I would take.

California, over near Coney Island, might be the closest public course. At least, I assume it's public :nongolfer: You can actually see it on that map, just east of Ft. Thomas, across the river.

Last edited by a moderator:
We may be better off over at the Vineyard or Legendary Run. Only be about 15-20 minutes from Casa de Wampus.

How's the website look? I shrunk everyone's avatar (didn't help Mooseknuckle much :X ) in order to get the entire set of standings on even the smallest monitor. Most of the other modules are on the left. Note that you can open and close each of the modules to clean up the appearance. Let me know if there's other information you would typically use - there's dozens more modules that could be added.

And Homer followed up with an 89. Or was that a golf score?

You guys better hurry - this thing is running out of high numbers.

WampusCat43 said:
shuke said:
Found a new dice server: http://www.rpglibrary.org/software/securedice/

It only goes up to a 100-sided die, but if we have any ties we can do a roll-off.

Keith, let me know if you want to coordinate this or if you need help.
Everybody check your emails to get directions on how to use this. Good luck!I just changed it so the high number goes first, and promptly rolled a 20 :thumbup:
I won't be able to check my email until I get home, and that site is blocked at my work. You can roll for me.

Currently:

Verbal 100

Homer 89

Shuke 63

Bigfun 39

Trogg 33 (sorry dude)

Wampus 20

Just drew last position in the Golden Ticket draft as well: :bag: :unsure: :lmao: I wanted to use these same options (3RR (third round reversal) and KDS (Kentucky Derby Seeding)) in our league, but forgot to mention it before now.

Hi all,First off, congrats on being in the 2008 Golden Ticket League. Here are a few notes on the league make-up: The league will have 22 roster spots and be a best-ball, play-all format. It will span weeks 1 through 16. In best-ball, you do not pick your starters. Rather, the best possible line-up is automatically started for you. In play-all, you play every other team every week. The highest scoring team gets an 11-0 record for the week, the second-highest scoring team gets a 10-1 record for the week, on down to the lowest scoring team receiving an 0-11 record for the week. The draft will be NFFC format. That includes 3RR (third round reversal) and KDS (Kentucky Derby Seeding). In 3RR, the draft is a modified serpentine as follows:Round 1 - 1-12Round 2 - 12-1Round 3 - 12-1Round 4 - 1-12Round 5 - 12-1Round 6 - 1-12and continuing in serpentine fashion.In KDS, you pick the draft position you want. Here is the order that will be used:Jesse AguilarJared CornellLyle HittAmar DesaiJason MathenyBrian GarnerMichael LaramieJoseph MortellaroBob JonesKenneth MerriganPhillip HoffmanKeith Hays Remember that this league will compete for $1,000 cash ($500 first, $300 second, $125 third, $75 fourth). ... Thanks,Clayton

Just drew last position in the Golden Ticket draft as well: :thumbup: :wall: :wall: I wanted to use these same options (3RR (third round reversal) and KDS (Kentucky Derby Seeding)) in our league, but forgot to mention it before now.

Hi all,First off, congrats on being in the 2008 Golden Ticket League. Here are a few notes on the league make-up: The league will have 22 roster spots and be a best-ball, play-all format. It will span weeks 1 through 16. In best-ball, you do not pick your starters. Rather, the best possible line-up is automatically started for you. In play-all, you play every other team every week. The highest scoring team gets an 11-0 record for the week, the second-highest scoring team gets a 10-1 record for the week, on down to the lowest scoring team receiving an 0-11 record for the week. The draft will be NFFC format. That includes 3RR (third round reversal) and KDS (Kentucky Derby Seeding). In 3RR, the draft is a modified serpentine as follows:Round 1 - 1-12Round 2 - 12-1Round 3 - 12-1Round 4 - 1-12Round 5 - 12-1Round 6 - 1-12and continuing in serpentine fashion.In KDS, you pick the draft position you want. Here is the order that will be used:Jesse AguilarJared CornellLyle HittAmar DesaiJason MathenyBrian GarnerMichael LaramieJoseph MortellaroBob JonesKenneth MerriganPhillip HoffmanKeith Hays Remember that this league will compete for $1,000 cash ($500 first, $300 second, $125 third, $75 fourth). ... Thanks,Clayton
Oh sure, after you roll a 20, you want to switch to 3RR. :moneybag:

Awesome idea. Actually, I think 39 sucks coming or going. I'm taking Chicago's D even earlier. That'll show you people.

Currently:

Verbal 100

Cheese 96

Homer 89

Big Papi 76

Shuke 63

Bigfun 39

Trogg 33

Wampus 20

Jebus. All the work I do for you knuckleheads and this is the thanks I get. :thumbup:

Currently:

Verbal 100

Cheese 96

Homer 89

Big Papi, Patriot John 76

Shuke 63

Jafo 44

Bigfun 39

Trogg 33

Big John 29

Wampus 20

Justin should be adding his today, and we'll be good to go.

Currently:Verbal 100Cheese 96Homer 89Big Papi, Patriot John 76Shuke 63Jafo 44Bigfun 39Trogg 33 Big John 29Wampus 20Justin should be adding his today, and we'll be good to go.
Man, I'm keeping my fingers crossed on staying at #9, moving to 8 would totally ruin my plans.

Verbal 100

Cheese 96

Homer 89

Patriot John 76.43,

Big Papi 76.39,

Shuke 63

Jafo 44

Bigfun 39

Trogg 33

Big John 29

Wampus 20

WampusCat43 said:
Verbal 100Cheese 96Homer 89Patriot John 76.43,Big Papi 76.39, Shuke 63Jafo 44Bigfun 39Trogg 33 Big John 29Wampus 20
Who else are we waiting on?

I know your league is full, but if you have a last minute vacancy for for some reason, please keep me in mind.

Steve O.

spo4675@yahoo.com

The final:

Verbal 100

Cheese 96

Homer 89

Patriot John 76.43

Big Papi 76.39

Justin 72

Shuke 63

Jafo 44

Bigfun 39

Trogg 33

Big John 29

Wampus 20

We will NOT be using this dice server next year.

Users who are viewing this thread