What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2012 MINNESOTA TWINS THREAD*** (1 Viewer)

I'm still catching up, does Target Field really sap power? numbers sure seem it.
Yea, takes a pretty large blast to get over the center-right field wall. Its 23 feet high from center to the right field foul pole.

Rotation Set

Looks like the rotation is set and Nathan is coming along just fine. But may not be closer opening day.

Nish looking solid in spring training with a nice hitting streak.

Any more news from the locals? This thread has taken a bit of break of late.

Go Twins!!

I continue to be encouraged by Delmon. A hot spring after a blistering 2nd half last season. If he keeps this up the "superstar" projections for him might start up again. Although defensively he'll never be considered even good. At this point I'll settle for average. Took awhile but the Garza deal looks ok now.

I continue to be encouraged by Delmon. A hot spring after a blistering 2nd half last season. If he keeps this up the "superstar" projections for him might start up again. Although defensively he'll never be considered even good. At this point I'll settle for average. Took awhile but the Garza deal looks ok now.
Good to hear. I just had my draft and Delmon was my token Twin I got on my team. I did see him make a hell of a catch the other day against the Red Sox.

'Funkley said:
O

Nice comeback. Delmon continues to be clutch.
:lmao:
And? I take it you havent looked at his numbers the last 80 games or so going back to last year. :shrug:
And..... I'm not too concerned about last year. When you posted this, he hit one off of the fists that blooped into shallow right between 3 guys and it happened to plate 3. He looked fooled by the pitch and making contact with it, let alone it resulting in something positive, was hardly clutch. It was luck.

That was one of his 3 hits this year in 21 ABs and it resulted in his RBI total for the year. I've watched a good portion of those ABs, he doesn't look good right now. I'm high on him for the year and think he can put up numbers on par with last year, but there's been nothing clutch about him in the first week of the this season.

Love this.....the ol' "I've seen him play" shtick. Whatever. Either you get it done or you dont and for much of the last several months hes been one of the only guys they can rely on.

Love this.....the ol' "I've seen him play" shtick. Whatever. Either you get it done or you dont and for much of the last several months hes been one of the only guys they can rely on.
Again.... last year is last year. Not too worried about it anymore, but you go ahead and dwell in the past. He's on one of my teams and on my player watch for MLB.TV. I'm informed each time he steps to the plate and I have watched the majority of his ABs. There's nothing to suggest that he's on, or 'clutch', right now. I'm not trying to slight the guy, just stating my opinion based on what I've seen

Of course last year matters in the progression of a player. He went into last season as one of the least productive regulars in the major leagues to being talked about as a borderline all star by the end. So how will he follow it up? There's nothing to then compare to without last year. Those 3 hot months in 2010 will either help define his emergence or prove he's a fluke. Doesn't just go away. And I see nothing wrong with being jammed and still being able to bloop a ball into short right. He may miss that pitch entirely a year ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Twins: Slide that broke Nishioka's leg was not dirty

Joe Christensen

. NEW YORK -- Twins second baseman Tsuyoshi Nishioka suffered a fractured left fibula Thursday on a take-out slide by the Yankees Nick Swisher.

X-Rays taken at Yankee Stadium showed the fracture just below Nishioka’s left knee, according to Twins manager Ron Gardenhire, who added that the team won’t have an estimate for how much time Nishioka will miss until team doctors can evaluate him in Minnesota.

The Twins placed Nishioka on the 15-day disabled list, with infielder Luke Hughes promoted from Class AAA Rochester to take his roster spot. Hughes is expected to be in uniform for Friday's home opener at Target Field.

“I wanted to show my play in front of the Minnesota fans, and it’s unfortunate that I won’t be able to do that," Nishioka said through a translator.

Nishioka, Gardenhire and other Twins said they felt Swisher made a clean slide into second base, trying to break up a potential double play ball hit by Mark Teixeira in the seventh inning.

“He was just breaking up the double play; no issues there,” Gardenhire said. “[Nishioka] just got caught a little flat-footed. Swisher’s a clean player. That’s just a good baseball slide, trying to break up a double play. There’s no intent there.”

Swisher went to the X-Ray room to apologize to Nishioka.

“The first thing I said was, ‘I’m sorry, man. I thought you were going to jump,” Swisher said. “And he said, ‘It was my fault. I should have gotten out of the way.’ I was just trying to break up a double play. I didn't mean to do that. Especially with a guy like that, just trying to make his mark over here.”

Nishioka, 26, who won a Japanese Pacific League batting title last year for the Chiba Lotte Marines, signed a three-year, $9.25 million deal with the Twins this offseason. In six games, he has batted .208 (5-for-24) with one double, two RBI, two walks and eight RBI.

Gardenhire said it’s too early to say how the Twins will replace Nishioka at second base or in the No. 2 spot of the batting order. Matt Tolbert entered as Nishioka’s replacement at second base on Thursday.

“I don’t think there’s ever a good time for injuries,” Gardenhire said. “I would love to see him back out there playing; that’s why we signed him, he’s going to be a really good player. This is a minor setback. We’ll get him well and go from here.”

older post

I really wish they would enforce the rule about sliding out of the basepath to take someone out. It wasn't super egregious, but still, that is a slide that should result in the automatic DP. And a pitch to Swishers back next at bat.

I really wish they would enforce the rule about sliding out of the basepath to take someone out. It wasn't super egregious, but still, that is a slide that should result in the automatic DP. And a pitch to Swishers back next at bat.
REALLY?http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/media/photo/2011-04/342571380-07144133.jpg

Might be a game or two high but lets say you need 90 wins to win the division. Twins would need to go 81-54 the rest of the way. Glllllllll

Might be a game or two high but lets say you need 90 wins to win the division. Twins would need to go 81-54 the rest of the way. Glllllllll
Seriously though...does any team in this division scare anyone? I have doubts about the Indians maintaining this for even another month and the Twins, Sox and Kitties have been mediocre at best. This division is still wide open. Disclaimer: Not necessarily wide open for the Twins though, especially if their pitching/defense continues to blow.

Anyone want to buy some tickets to games? I have a 20 game pack. :X
I may be interested. I will be in the cities Tuesday August 9th. First time seeing Target field so pretty excited for that. Not sure how many I need 2-5 I would think. Let me know if you would like to sell some tickets. Go Twins

Awesome no-hitter. Nice to have one bright spot in this season.

Anyone going to catch the Twins in AZ in a couple weeks? Taking a roadie there with some friends and looking forward to seeing some other Twins fans in the stands.

Also any recommendations for some good night life in Phx?

Users who are viewing this thread