What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2012 San Diego Chargers **** (1 Viewer)

hey Boltbacker, I think we have to accept that this team is kind of mini-rebuilding, especially in the trenches. Unfortunately I dont think SD makes the playoffs again, but the silver lining is that Norv will be gone, so will AJ (not sure if that is good or bad, he was money early in his career in SD but now I think he lost his touch).

Window is closed
:no: Window is never closed when you have a HOF quarterback. If we've learned anything the past few years, it's that anyone can get hot at the right time and make a SB run. See the Giants, Cardinals, Seahawks, Panthers, Bucs, etc.
Lost in all the HOF talk, I think tommyGunZ makes a very valid point. About 90% of the league would kill to have a QB as good as Rivers, just look what WAS gave up for a lottery ticket at a franchise QB. The window we should be talking about is the window of Rivers in his prime. Running backs come and go, you can make up for the lack of a HOF WR by having a group of very capable WR's(look at the NO passing game last year) but in today's pass happy NFL you really need the QB to drive the entire thing(unless you have a historic defense like those Bears/Ravens/Bucs teams).

hey Boltbacker, I think we have to accept that this team is kind of mini-rebuilding, especially in the trenches. Unfortunately I dont think SD makes the playoffs again, but the silver lining is that Norv will be gone, so will AJ (not sure if that is good or bad, he was money early in his career in SD but now I think he lost his touch).

Window is closed
:no: Window is never closed when you have a HOF quarterback. If we've learned anything the past few years, it's that anyone can get hot at the right time and make a SB run. See the Giants, Cardinals, Seahawks, Panthers, Bucs, etc.
Lost in all the HOF talk, I think tommyGunZ makes a very valid point. About 90% of the league would kill to have a QB as good as Rivers, just look what WAS gave up for a lottery ticket at a franchise QB. The window we should be talking about is the window of Rivers in his prime. Running backs come and go, you can make up for the lack of a HOF WR by having a group of very capable WR's(look at the NO passing game last year) but in today's pass happy NFL you really need the QB to drive the entire thing(unless you have a historic defense like those Bears/Ravens/Bucs teams).
Indeed, but our defense is terrible, worst since before bobby ross ( :excited: ) I see 0 playmakers on D, couple that with a bad oline, this team cant even win the worst division in football.

I for one look forward to Norv being let go, one day

Chargers | Roscoe Parrish added Tue Apr 3, 07:48 PM

The San Diego Chargers signed free-agent WR Roscoe Parrish (Bills) to a one-year deal Tuesday, April 3. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Parrish and Royal are ok return men.

Luis Castillo agrees to terms Wed Apr 4, 04:03 PM

The San Diego Chargers have agreed to terms with free-agent DE Luis A. Castillo (Chargers) on a one-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Heard the Castillo deal was for $1M. I like it. Guy is glass joe, but provides depth and knows the system.

Chargers | Micheal Spurlock signs Wed Apr 4, 08:16 PM

The San Diego Chargers signed free-agent WR Micheal Spurlock (Buccaneers) to a one-year deal Wednesday, April 4. Financial terms weren't given.

So are we going to keep stockpiling receivers or are we actually going to address our biggest weakness (defense) at some point?

'TS Garp said:
So are we going to keep stockpiling receivers or are we actually going to address our biggest weakness (defense) at some point?
Probably not in Free agency. Im hoping that these WRs can help on special teams. But really who knows.

'TS Garp said:
For a GM/Coach that don't have time for a rookie WR to develop the moves make a lot of sense. The good news is I would be shocked if the team wastes a pick in the draft on WR(or QB). The team needs help at just about every other position so now no matter who they take you could argue they are drafting for need.It does make you wonder if perhaps there are plans in the works to play more 4 WR sets a la GB. Floyd/Meachem/Brown/Royal/Parrish is a pretty solid group if the OL can give Rivers enough time to throw. At the conclusion of the season I was hoping they'd add a quality TE or two, run more 2-TE sets and become a more run oriented team(keeping the defense off the field) but maybe they are planning to swing the other way. If anyone in your FF league is dumb enough to think Rivers is going to be killed by the loss of VJ this might be a good time to buy low.

Draft team needs: San Diego Chargers

By Clark Judge | CBSSports.com Senior NFL Columnist

It's now or never for Norv Turner and the San Diego Chargers.

The club missed the playoffs the past two seasons and another failure almost surely will cost Turner his job. Turner knows the drill, but he also knows his team isn't the favorite in the AFC West anymore.

Defending champion Denver is, and let me explain in two words: Peyton Manning. The assumption is that he makes the Broncos better, much better, than they were a year ago, but I would be careful He's 36, coming off four neck surgeries, hasn't played in over a year and is in the same division with Turner and the Chargers.

So what? So Turner has won four of his past five vs. Manning, and the Chargers have won five of their past six. Manning's Colts were better than Manning's Broncos, which means San Diego could ... and should ... be a playoff contender.

Hey, they would've won the division last season if Philip Rivers hadn't fumbled a snap in the last minute vs. Kansas City. The Chargers are capable of returning to the top of the division. They're just not as capable as they were when Turner first took over.

QB: Rivers is coming off one of his most disappointing seasons in a while, and it's not because the Bolts were 8-8; it's because Rivers made so many atypical mistakes. Untimely interceptions, fumbles, dumb plays, you name it, Rivers was in the middle of it. His interceptions were up while his TDs, completion percentage and passer rating were down. Sorry, Joe Flacco, but Rivers is the best quarterback in today's game never to have gone to a Super Bowl, and there is nothing wrong with him that a good offensive line, solid receivers or a capable defense can't solve. Nevertheless, the guy is 17-16 over his past 33 starts, including the playoffs, and that must change.

RB: Ryan Mathews is the unchallenged starter, with the Chargers saying they see him having a big season. Well, it's about time. He was the 12th pick of the draft two years ago, and the club spent most of the past two seasons waiting on him to emerge as a premier back. With Mike Tolbert out of the picture, he has his chance. The question, of course, is: Who takes Tolbert's spot? My guess: Fullback Le'Ron McClain, who could have a raft of fourth-quarter carries if the situation demands it. The Chargers think he was underused as a back in previous stops and plan to give him more carries, particularly between the tackles. Curtis Brinkley could be an option, too. He didn't play much last season, but when he did he was effective.

WR: The loss of Vincent Jackson hurts, but the Chargers recovered quickly by signing free agents Robert Meachem and Eddie Royal. Turner believes Meachem can have 1,000 yards, while Royal is a perfect slot receiver who can double as a return man. Meachem never had an opportunity to emerge in New Orleans because of the raft of targets available to Drew Brees, but he proved he could be a deep threat -- something San Diego needs. Malcom Floyd has star potential, if he can ever stay healthy, while coaches are high on second-year pro Vincent Brown. The only problem: He's 5-feet-11. The addition of Roscoe Parrish was smart. The guy is a terrific return man and ideal off the bench -- provided he stays healthy. If nothing else, there is depth at a position where there has been little in the past -- with injuries depleting Rivers' choice of targets so completely two years ago that 17 players had receptions. There's also more speed. A lot more.

TE: Antonio Gates isn't the premier player he once was, but he's still better than almost anyone at this position. Beset by injuries the past two years, Gates nevertheless was the team's leading receiver and second-best in scoring receptions. Re-signing Randy McMichael was a good idea. He's a decent second option to Gates and can block.

OL: It won't be easy to overcome the loss of left guard Kris Dielman, but Tyronne Green did a more than adequate job in his place last season. Another surprise was the play of left tackle Jared Gaither, acquired after Kansas City released him in midseason. The Chargers thought so much of the guy they released Marcus McNeill and re-signed Gaither after he became a free agent. They also re-signed center Nick Hardwick, guaranteeing continuity to an offensive line that has been a revolving door over the years. With the left side intact, the Chargers return the same five starting offensive linemen they had down the stretch in 2011, and never underestimate the importance of that comfort zone for Rivers. Depth might be a question, however, with tackle Brandyn Dombrowski the most experienced of the backups.

DL: Surprise, surprise, surprise. Luis Castillo is back, with the Chargers re-signing him this week to a one-year contract. He missed all but one game last season with a broken leg, and his replacements were so ineffective they put pressure on the team's linebackers. Corey Liuget could take over for Castillo, and coaches are high on him. They should be. He was last year's first-round draft pick. But look for competition at the position, a welcome relief for a club that in recent years was handicapped by crippling injuries to its defense. Antonio Garay is steady in the middle, and re-signing him was important for continuity. Cam Thomas is a suitable backup, while defensive end Vaughn Martin has shown flashes and backup Jacques Cesaire provides depth.

LB: Once a pressure unit, San Diego's linebackers didn't command sacks from people they expected -- like outside linebacker Shaun Phillips, who missed four games because of injuries. Phillips was more effective when Shawne Merriman was a force, and the numbers speak for themselves, with Phillips reduced to a career-low 3½ sacks. Fortunately, Antwan Barnes was there to step in, with his 11 sacks leading the club. Barnes' value, however, is not as an every-down player, and that became apparent as the season wore on. Importing Jarret Johnson to take over at one outside linebacker position is significant for two reasons: 1) It allows Phillips more freedom to operate as an all-out pass rusher; and 2) It frees the Chargers to spot Barnes, making him more effective as he rests. Donald Butler and Takeo Spikes are fine inside, with Spikes producing another 100-tackle season. But the guy is 35, and his range is limited. Demorrio Williams adds depth at the position, but the Chargers' hole isn't inside; it's outside, where they must get a push. Of course, that's why they drafted Larry English, but he hasn't been able to avoid debilitating injuries.

DB: The biggest change here is at safety where free agent Atari Bigby replaces Steve Gregory, who signed with New England. Bigby is a big hitter who is injury prone. Keeping him on the field will be a priority. Eric Weddle is coming off an All-Pro season, and is solid, but cornerbacks Antoine Cason and Quentin Jammer are not. They're OK, but nothing special and an upgrade at cornerback is always a possibility. Neither Neither Marcus Gilchrist nor Shareece Wright would appear to be that guy. Wright and Cason traded spots atone point last season, but each was beaten too often. Jammer's game declined as the season wore on, and a bounce back is needed.

AFC West draft needs

San Diego Chargers Excerpt:

Overview: After back-to-back seasons without reaching the playoffs, the pressure is on Chargers head coach Norv Turner and GM A.J. Smith to win in 2012. The team was active in free agency after losing WR Vincent Jackson to the Buccaneers, re-signing some key offensive linemen, adding several weapons for QB Philip Rivers and upgrading important spots on defense. Smith now looks to acquire some impact rookies in the draft, something he has struggled to do in recent years.

Need No. 1: Offensive guard

Last season, the Chargers faced major injuries on their offensive line, resulting in Rivers being sacked 30 times, though only five sacks came in the final seven games. Two of the unit’s top blockers — OLT Marcus McNeill (cut) and OLG Kris Dielman (retired) — are no longer with the team because of the injuries they suffered in 2011. By re-signing OT Jared Gaither, the team has a fill-in for McNeill, but the void left by Dielman is glaring. San Diego must address the interior of its O-line in the draft with multiple picks, one of whom must be able to come in and compete for a starting job. Both in pass protection and run blocking, the Chargers' line needs to improve if they want to return to the playoffs for the first time since 2009.

Need No. 2: Pass rusher (outside linebacker or defensive end)

With the exception of OLB Antwan Barnes, a third-down pass rusher who finished with a team-high 11 sacks a year ago, the Chargers had major issues getting to the quarterback. No other player on the roster had more than four sacks, and there are concerns the team will be ill-equipped to play new coordinator John Pagano’s attacking style without another pass rusher. Starting OLB Shaun Phillips is expected to return from the calf injury that bothered him much of the season and limited him to 12 games, but more help either at linebacker or on the defensive line is necessary. The Chargers have failed to add a complement to Phillips previously.

Need No. 3: Running back

Outside of Jackson, whom the Chargers replaced with free-agent WRs Robert Meachem and Eddie Royal, the team's biggest loss in free agency was RB Mike Tolbert, who signed with the Panthers. A solid third-down back who could run for tough yards, catch the ball out of the backfield and make an impact on special teams, Tolbert was the perfect fit for Norv Turner’s offense. In his place, FB Le’Ron McClain was signed, but he’s more of a blocker and occasional goal-line ballcarrier. RB Ryan Mathews made the Pro Bowl in his second NFL season in ’11, but adding a backup who can take some of Mathews' carries and also catch the ball out of the backfield will be sought.

'tommyGunZ said:
Fluff piece? Maybe. But it sure as hell makes me feel better about Green manning Dielman's G spot.
Before I read the article I thought Green just wasn't very talented. After reading it I've come away with the impression that he's not talented, is completely lazy(unless he's entering his contract year coincidentally), and simply not that bright..."Talking about the exercise later, Green said that halfway through each time pulling the truck, 'It starts to feel like a ton.'

In fact, the truck weighs 2½ tons."

Yeah, that sounds like the guy I saw trying to pick up blitzes last season.

If you ignore everything that Acee and Green have to say and just focus on Bentley's comments, he never really has anything complimentary to say about Green. He instead focuses on just how awful and out of shape Green was when he arrived in CLE in early February (only a month after the season ended) and what a disappointment he would have been this year trying to replace Dielman. Reading between the lines does that speak to how he thought Green played in replacement of Dielman last season?

I will admit this though, if Green proves me wrong and actually is able to perform like a starting caliber NFL guard this season I do think SD should break out the checkbook and spend whatever it takes... to add Bentley to the coaching staff. He will have done in a few months what the SD coaching staff hasn't been able to do in several years of working with Green.

With all those talented FA G's on the market this offseason I'm left hoping that SD burns its 1st round draft pick on a guard(DeCastro/Glenn?). It certainly would have been nice to focus that pick on a position that's generally tougher to fill through FA like T(Adams/Martin?) or edge rusher (Mercilus/Coples/Ingram/Upshaw/Branch?) but the weakest starter on the team is Green and you have to protect the franchise QB.

Chargers | Three players signed Fri Apr 13, 02:47 PM

The San Diego Chargers have signed free-agent OT Mario Henderson (Raiders) to a one-year deal and re-signed restricted free-agent OL Brandyn Dombrowski and exclusive rights free-agent LS Mike Windt to one-year deals. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Link to story

Chargers | Jacob Hester re-signs Fri Apr 13, 08:32 PM

The San Diego Chargers re-signed FB Jacob Hester to a one-year deal Friday, April 13. Financial terms were not disclosed.

I can't believe nobody has signed Kareem McKenzie yet. He'd be an instant upgrade to the OL. My wishlist for the FA's still available;

1. McKenzie(T/G) - I'd like to see them draft OL in the first round of the draft but both Green/Clary need to be replaced as starters.

2. Andre Carter(OLB/DE) - I've been a big fan since he was in SF. Perfect situation player to compliment a guy like Jarret Johnson. Call him a OLB, or a DE doesn't really matter.... he's a guy to rush the passer on third downs. BONUS - they wouldn't have to spend their first round pick to improve the pass rush and could focus on OL in the first round.

3. Andre Goodman - DEN released him to go younger but I thought he played pretty well last year. He plays with all the intangibles that Cason lacks. I don't think you can ever have too many quality CB's the way the NFL game is right now. I'd like to see SD draft a guy but Goodman could certainly serve as a solid stop-gap while you are grooming a younger player(and expecting Cason/Gilchrist improve).

4. Cedric Benson - There really aren't many jobs for RB's around the league right now and there will be even less in a couple of weeks. He's not nearly as versatile as Tolbert was but he could be a nice compliment to Mathews imo. This is another pick that alleviates need to draft a RB(except for maybe the last couple of rounds).

5. Dallas Clark - I'd much rather have him on the SD roster than seeing the SD LB's try to cover him when they play DEN. He may have lost a step but would fit in nicely in a smaller role on a team that spreads the ball around quite a bit. Gates won't play every game this season and I'd take Clark at 80% over Rosario at 110% in the games when Gates is out.

I can't believe nobody has signed Kareem McKenzie yet. He'd be an instant upgrade to the OL. My wishlist for the FA's still available;1. McKenzie(T/G) - I'd like to see them draft OL in the first round of the draft but both Green/Clary need to be replaced as starters.2. Andre Carter(OLB/DE) - I've been a big fan since he was in SF. Perfect situation player to compliment a guy like Jarret Johnson. Call him a OLB, or a DE doesn't really matter.... he's a guy to rush the passer on third downs. BONUS - they wouldn't have to spend their first round pick to improve the pass rush and could focus on OL in the first round.3. Andre Goodman - DEN released him to go younger but I thought he played pretty well last year. He plays with all the intangibles that Cason lacks. I don't think you can ever have too many quality CB's the way the NFL game is right now. I'd like to see SD draft a guy but Goodman could certainly serve as a solid stop-gap while you are grooming a younger player(and expecting Cason/Gilchrist improve).4. Cedric Benson - There really aren't many jobs for RB's around the league right now and there will be even less in a couple of weeks. He's not nearly as versatile as Tolbert was but he could be a nice compliment to Mathews imo. This is another pick that alleviates need to draft a RB(except for maybe the last couple of rounds).5. Dallas Clark - I'd much rather have him on the SD roster than seeing the SD LB's try to cover him when they play DEN. He may have lost a step but would fit in nicely in a smaller role on a team that spreads the ball around quite a bit. Gates won't play every game this season and I'd take Clark at 80% over Rosario at 110% in the games when Gates is out.
Good list, but I think Dallas Clark is done, I think Denver would of signed him already if they were going to, but they Opted for Tamme and Dressen instead.I think Benson would rather go to a Detroit where he would have a better chance of more playing time. Either way I dont think Benson signs till after the draft.

I'm intrigued by Fleener, the TE out of Stanford. NE showed last year just how dominant an offense can be centered around two stud TEs. Any chance AJ follows that model and targets Fleener in round 2, both to contribute immediately as well as be groomed as the focal point of the passing game when Antonio leaves in a few years?

:popcorn:

Really don't want Mercilus tonight..haven't we had enough of Illinois based college players the last 2 years (Liuget and English)...

Rather see Upshaw or Barron.....

Then O line in second round...

ETA...we also really need a cover corner...Jammer looked like a mess end of last year...SLOW recovery speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
:popcorn: Really don't want Mercilus tonight..haven't we had enough of Illinois based college players the last 2 years (Liuget and English)...Rather see Upshaw or Barron.....Then O line in second round...ETA...we also really need a cover corner...Jammer looked like a mess end of last year...SLOW recovery speed.
Wonder if Green looked good enough in the recent team workouts to convince the FO to go DB or DE/OLB with the 1st rounder?I've seen a couple mocks have us taking James (Oregon RB) in the 3rd. I would really rather us use that pick elsewhere and pick up a veteran RB this summer to spell Mathews. That being said, I wouldn't be pissed if we took David Wilson in the 3rd - I think he's going to be a very good NFL player.

Well lets see what AJ does this year. Probably trade up in round2 for some Jacob Hester type player
I'm afraid you might be right.Let's hope someone falls in love with a player that drops to #18 and SD can trade down. They need more picks. Maybe a high upside player like a Coples/Floyd/Barron type could draw interest if they are there at #18. I can see a team falling in love with that type of player and having a willingness to move up to get them. The buzz is there will be a lot of trades in this draft.

I've seen a couple mocks have us taking James (Oregon RB) in the 3rd. I would really rather us use that pick elsewhere and pick up a veteran RB this summer to spell Mathews.
I'll be very disappointed if they take any RB/WR/QB/ST before the 6th round no matter who it is. There are just so many needs at.... everywhere else.

I'm hoping Reilly Reif or David DeCastro is available when the Chargers draft. We know that AJ is willing to move up to go after the guy he wants, so I wouldn't be opposed to him jumping a few slots if Barron was in reach. I think there are some pass-rushing LBs and tweeners that might be good grabs around pick 18, but I'd sure be happier with a promising offensive lineman.

I'm hoping Reilly Reif or David DeCastro is available when the Chargers draft. We know that AJ is willing to move up to go after the guy he wants, so I wouldn't be opposed to him jumping a few slots if Barron was in reach. I think there are some pass-rushing LBs and tweeners that might be good grabs around pick 18, but I'd sure be happier with a promising offensive lineman.
I agree with everything except Barron(although it seems like he would be a nice compliment to Weddle). If they trade up for anyone I hope it's only if Kalil drops like some people suggest. I don't think there's anyway he makes it past #10 UNLESS BUF trades out of #10.Reif/DeCastro/Glenn would all be fine with me. Really, I wouldn't mind if they took Adams or Martin as long as they improved that offensive line.

If they trade up for anyone I hope it's only if Kalil drops like some people suggest. I don't think there's anyway he makes it past #10 UNLESS BUF trades out of #10.
I think it's very possible Kalil will drop if MIN can get a trade partner, but I don't envision him dropping within ten picks of the Chargers' slot. When you move up more than ten, the other team is almost definitely going to demand next year's first, and I wouldn't want to give that up.

He looks a little short for d-line and the commish called him a linebacker but his highlight reel was nice. I like his speed.

So I guess they'll be sticking with the 3-4. Hope they can get some help at DT/DE. I also hope they don't baby this guy like they have the last few linebackers they've drafted (well the ones who didn't just get injured for the year right off the bat), they need to have this guy taking a majority of the snaps on D as soon as possible.

Also, he basically plays Phillips's position - I assume he gets moved to the other side and Phillips stays put?

I am super excited about Ingram. He looks like he might be the real deal in terms of pass rushing. Which can only make the secondary look that much better!

Now maybe trade up into top of second and try to grab Stanford OT Martin....can't believe he's still there...

'DanFouts said:
I am super excited about Ingram. He looks like he might be the real deal in terms of pass rushing. Which can only make the secondary look that much better!Now maybe trade up into top of second and try to grab Stanford OT Martin....can't believe he's still there...
I couldn't believe Ingram was still there. I was hoping for Decastro but it's unbelievable that they could get a player as good as Ingram at a huge need position.

I'm so happy we went defense in the first. Hopefully this year I won't be cursing at the TV as much, while the other team is converting 3rd and long every single freaking time!
Yep. The inability to get off the field on 3rd down was absolutely the Chargers biggest weakness last year. I have never been more frustrated - all of the good plays the defense made to put opponents in 3rd and longs were wasted over and over and over and over and over again.

Another boost for the defense - Kendall Reyes, DT.

Looks like the defense is starting to look pretty good. :thumbup:

UCONN season ticket holder here, I have watched every single snap of Kendall Reyes' career, live, and on replay after games.

I was absolutely shocked that he fell to the mid second round. And I was even more shocked when Mel Kiper said he lacked consistency. Kendall Reyes was a dominant player on a consistent basis the last two years for UCONN.

He came to UCONN as a 235 pound defensive end after playing all over the place in high school in New Hampshire (including safety, qb, and returning kicks). Gradually bulked up and has played at a consistent 295-300 the last two seasons. In 2010, Kendall played DT in UCONN's 4-3. And he dominated. He was the constant focus of opposing offense, rarely seeing one on one blocking. He was stout against the run, and would push the pocket in the pass. This year, UCONN so a coaching change, and Don Brown incorporated the 3-4 a lot. Kendall played out at end a lot (while also playing DT in 4-3 looks). He was the best defender on the field, every game.

San Diego fans, you got a steal. He is going to anchor one of the end spots for you guys, and will be an absolute force against the run. At this point he can push the pocket in the passing game, but he needs to develop more pass rush moves.

Is Mike Adams(Ohio St)T still available?
Yes, would love him here.
####PIT drafts later than SD and rebuilds their line with two talented new starters in DeCastro/Adams. It's like a completely different culture.... they've drafted 8 OLmen in the first round since '86 while SD has drafted 1. Seems to be working out pretty well for them.I'll admit Ingram isn't an easy pick to criticize but to me it just snaps into focus what a huge mistake drafting English over Oher was in '09. I can only assume English is already on the roster bubble with Phillips, Ingram, Barnes, Johnson, Butler, Spikes, Williams all locked into roster spots. With the money they spent on Johnson to be a part time LB they could have complimented him with a guy like Andre Carter that's still floating around there in FA(apparently NE hasn't shown much interest as they are drafting heavy on defense).My hope is Rivers survives the season without a major injury so that the new GM can give him some help besides overpaid deep threats on a team that can't protect long enough to let deep patterns develop in the first place. Why did SD miss the playoffs last season? Home loss to oak where they scored 17 points and a home loss to den where they scored 13 points.

I just want a defense that for once puts the opposing QB on the ground in key situations.
Andre Carter did that ten times last year. I'm not saying Ingram doesn't look like a good prospect but I'm not sure he breaks double digits and Carter doesn't cost a first rounder. I would have been all for Ingram if AJ had simply signed one(or maybe two) of the FA guards that were on the market.

Did AJ attend LSU? Four out of the past six years he drafts an LSU player... Davis, Hester, Byrd, and now Taylor. Not only does he draft them, he trades up for them.

So with two pass-rushers and a defensive back, it certainly appears that this draft is all about Peyton Manning. Those positions needed to be upgraded, but not as much as the offensive line. Does AJ feel the mid-rounds are ripe with quality blockers? Does he think the guys they have are studs waiting to emerge? Or does he just not give a crap what happens with that unit? I used to be the biggest AJ disciple around, but his insistence to hang on to Norv and his failure to acknowledge the offensive line is causing me to lose faith. An injured, declining QB that you will face twice in sixteen games shouldn't get into your head this badly.

Users who are viewing this thread