What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2014 In Season Dynasty Trade Thread** (1 Viewer)

PPR. 10 team dynasty. Today.

Team A gave: Martavis Bryant

Team B gave: 2015 rookie slotted draft pick #15-#24
What does this mean?
It means it's not defined by the round, It's defined by set numbers. Instead of round three which could be a pick from #21-#30, it is defined by a set of 10 numbers in a different spot, and will be in there, depending on how the team finishes. It can give a higher floor to a picks value, or lower it's ceiling to satisfy both trading partners.
Ok - so it's either a (late) second or (early) third round pick depending on where B ultimately finishes in the standings. Interesting.

What does this mean?
It means it's not defined by the round, It's defined by set numbers. Instead of round three which could be a pick from #21-#30, it is defined by a set of 10 numbers in a different spot, and will be in there, depending on how the team finishes. It can give a higher floor to a picks value, or lower it's ceiling to satisfy both trading partners.
Ok - so it's either a (late) second or (early) third round pick depending on where B ultimately finishes in the standings. Interesting.
AKA a conditional pick then? I've wondered if leagues use them much. It's something I wouldn't mind using myself.

What does this mean?
Yeah. Haha. I'm laughing about the nerd reference. It just locks it into a different range.

Just pulled a doozy of a trade.

32 team, IDP league with basically PPR scoring.

Team A:

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Quinn, Robert STL DE

Team B:

Robinson, Denard JAC RB

Street, Devin DAL WR

Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from Raiders, 3-5 record

Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from Bills, 2-6 record

Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from Chargers, 4-4 record

Team A is 0-8. Essentially it's going to net Green/Quinn for 3 picks in the top 15, 2 likely in the top 5 range and some flyers.
32 teams makes this difficult IMO. Is each player only available once?

Not so sure I'd bet on a 3-5 team having a top 5 pick or 4-4 being top 15, but you know your league and those rosters.

Best case those picks look like maybe (assuming his own pick is Mariota) Cooper, Winston, and a top LB? Along with Denard the group should help him rebuild. Tight but I think I'd take those guys in a rebuild even though Green isn't old.
Would make a huge difference to me if there is one copy or one in each conference.Hard to say on draft picks unless it goes by record...ours usually are determined by potential points.

I like the team getting AJG/Quinn but that is a great haul for those players to rebuild quickly.
Sorry, yes 1 version of each player for the entire league.

12 team PPR, TE premium, q,r,r,w,w,t,flex

Give:

OBJ, Hill, Bridgewater, Rudolph, likely late 1st

Get:

Marshall, Charles, Brees

Wish I were joking (or involved):

Team A gives: 2015 1st (currently top 4)

Team B gives: Brandon LaFell
Impossible.
Belongs in the worst offer thread.

Or maybe we need a couple trade threads. One called "realistic trades made in serious leagues" and "stupid idiotic trades.........example, Lafell for a 1st".
Some of us who LaFell in love ages ago, have no issue w this trade.

Actually, this week.. looked genius, didnt it? 11 targets. Eleven. That'd make him NE's WR1

averaging 7 targets a game over the last 5 weeks. I suspect that increases after yesterday
No. Still looks pretty horrific

Non-PPR league.

Gave: 2015 3rd round pick

Got: Jeremy Hill

I'm playing for the future but somehow still 2nd in the division at 4-4. My RBs pre-trade: Ellington, Mason, Hyde, Crowell, Randle, Stepfan Taylor, Charles Sims.

I need a RB to play this year and Bernard keeps getting hurt. Hoping I can use Hill as a plug and play for the rest of this year and if Murray goes down or Sims turns it around might be ok at RB.
That makes no sense. That is why some owners are just bad, bad owners.

The dude had to have taken Hill in the 1st round, or early 2nd at worst, and Hill has done absolutely NOTHING to lose that same value. So what was the point in even drafting him???

Thought Id plop this in here, it's a trade i took part in (and initiated) over a week ago.

1PPR dynasty. 12 team. I took over a team, so Im rebuilding to MY liking

Gave: Dez Bryant

Got: Brandin Cooks, Isaiah Crowell, 2015 1st rounder (will prob be a top 5 pick)
Dez easily for me

Give:

Get:

Marshall, Charles, Brees
Awfully bad.
I bet all the other owners in contention just LOVED that one.

My guess is the team getting Charles, Brees, and Marshall was one of the top 3-4 teams already.
Yup. My lineup now is:

Brees/Ryan

Charles

Bush/JBell/Ivory/TRich

ABrown

Nelson

Olsen

Flex = Gates/Marshall (probably still Gates since it's TE premium)

Give:

Get:

Marshall, Charles, Brees
Awfully bad.

My guess is the team getting Charles, Brees, and Marshall was one of the top 3-4 teams already.
Yup. My lineup now is:Brees/Ryan

Charles

Bush/JBell/Ivory/TRich

ABrown

Nelson

Olsen

What was the other owners record? Did he even shop these guys?

Give:

Get:

Marshall, Charles, Brees
Awfully bad.

Yup. My lineup now is:Brees/Ryan

Charles

Bush/JBell/Ivory/TRich

ABrown

Nelson

Olsen

What was the other owners record? Did he even shop these guys?
2-6 and in need of a rebuild. Yeah, I know he had at least shopped Charles. I'd been after him for a couple weeks.

Wish I were joking (or involved):

Team A gives: 2015 1st (currently top 4)

Team B gives: Brandon LaFell
Impossible.
Belongs in the worst offer thread.

Or maybe we need a couple trade threads. One called "realistic trades made in serious leagues" and "stupid idiotic trades.........example, Lafell for a 1st".
Some of us who LaFell in love ages ago, have no issue w this trade.

Actually, this week.. looked genius, didnt it? 11 targets. Eleven. That'd make him NE's WR1

averaging 7 targets a game over the last 5 weeks. I suspect that increases after yesterday
No. Still looks pretty horrific
...and it will look worse when it is LaFell for Amari Cooper

Amari cooper goes no1 in probably 99.8% of drafts next year.

So ya, if it's the no1 pick, he traded Cooper for lafell

Funny thing is, one has never played an NFL snap and one MIGHT be the new no1 receiver on one of the most monsterous offenses in the league.

Sure, we can 'laugh' at the trade now, and I wasnt being totally sincere when I called the trade 'fair value' but in a few weeks, if Lafell's upward trend continues... It COULD be a very good trade.

We'll see

Funny thing is, one has never played an NFL snap and one MIGHT be the new no1 receiver on one of the most monsterous offenses in the league.

Sure, we can 'laugh' at the trade now, and I wasnt being totally sincere when I called the trade 'fair value' but in a few weeks, if Lafell's upward trend continues... It COULD be a very good trade.

We'll see
Cooper probably won't go #1 in any of my leagues. He is likely to be the 1st WR that goes but I doubt that is #1. I sort of figured #3 or #4 overall.

Anyway I think its 50-50 that LaFell isn't even a Patriot next year but even if he stays he is only on a 60-922-8 pace. 200 points in PPR which would have been good for Wr28/29 last year. Pretty steep price for a WR2/3

We'll see
Huh? Cooper is probably 3 as best. Gurley is going 1 and Gordon is going 2. Maybe Cooper sneaks in there for a couple PPR leagues but even then it's nothing close to 90% of the time.

We'll see
Huh? Cooper is probably 3 as best. Gurley is going 1 and Gordon is going 2. Maybe Cooper sneaks in there for a couple PPR leagues but even then it's nothing close to 90% of the time.
Its 2015 by then. People still take RBs w their no1/2 pick? Really? I LOOOOOVE gordon and gurley. Freaks.

Wouldnt even contemplate taking either before Cooper or white.

We'll see
Its 2015 by then. People still take RBs w their no1/2 pick? Really? I LOOOOOVE gordon and gurley. Freaks. Wouldnt even contemplate taking either before Cooper or white.
In dynasty leagues I'm in I know teams have somewhat been selling the farm the past year or so trying to get #1 picks and secure Gurley. I just did the same and secured 4 #1s. Gurley is a special talent that hasn't come around in a while. I'm sure there are those out there who will prefer Gordon (small group) and even those who prefer Cooper (some just love building around WR). They will be the minority, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Non-PPR league.

Gave: 2015 3rd round pick

Got: Jeremy Hill

I'm playing for the future but somehow still 2nd in the division at 4-4. My RBs pre-trade: Ellington, Mason, Hyde, Crowell, Randle, Stepfan Taylor, Charles Sims.

I need a RB to play this year and Bernard keeps getting hurt. Hoping I can use Hill as a plug and play for the rest of this year and if Murray goes down or Sims turns it around might be ok at RB.
That makes no sense. That is why some owners are just bad, bad owners.

The dude had to have taken Hill in the 1st round, or early 2nd at worst, and Hill has done absolutely NOTHING to lose that same value. So what was the point in even drafting him???
It's the first year in a startup league so he was drafted in the 8-10th round area. But yeah, I feel great about grabbing him for a 3rd, especially with how often Giovanni gets hurt. Hill should see an uptick in touches.

We'll see
Its 2015 by then. People still take RBs w their no1/2 pick? Really? I LOOOOOVE gordon and gurley. Freaks. Wouldnt even contemplate taking either before Cooper or white.
In dynasty leagues I'm in I know teams have somewhat been selling the farm the past year or so trying to get #1 picks and secure Gurley. I just did the same and secured 4 #1s. Gurley is a special talent that hasn't come around in a while. I'm sure there are those out there who will prefer Gordon (small group) and even those who prefer Cooper (some just love building around WR). They will be the minority, though.
I would love to have Gurley... And odds are, if I was pick 4-5 hed be mine

But RB is too devalued. Short shelf life. And the burn of TRich still runs deep.

Gimme the longer shelflife and higher upside of a guy like Cooper/white. No questions asked

Also, I am under the impression that most dynasties are PPR. Maybe Im wrong

This I couldn't tell you. I play in both. I can tell you in one of my PPR leagues Gurley is most definitely going #1 unless somethig catastrophic happens between now and drafts.

This I couldn't tell you. I play in both. I can tell you in one of my PPR leagues Gurley is most definitely going #1 unless somethig catastrophic happens between now and drafts.
This really just depends on the league and the owner. I have a good chance at picking #1 in a 32 team league - Cooper or Mariota are probably my picks there. Obviously that's a unique situation though. If Gurley lands in a prime spot while Cooper goes to Oakland, that may change things. too early to tell and completely irrelevant to whether the Lafell is worth the pick.

We'll see
Its 2015 by then. People still take RBs w their no1/2 pick? Really? I LOOOOOVE gordon and gurley. Freaks.

Very very few 3 down rbs that are young and do goal line work. Maybe only Bell, shady, Murray. Cooper is good, not great though and wr position is deep. Ppr works in favor of gurley easily and maybe for Gordon too.

Gurley is averaging 8.2 ypc...in the SEC. No other top rb prospect out of the sec has been close to that. Not Bo, Herschel, Hearst, trich, DMC, Ingram or even AP.

We'll see
Very very few 3 down rbs that are young and do goal line work. Maybe only Bell, shady, Murray. Cooper is good, not great though and wr position is deep. Ppr works in favor of gurley easily and maybe for Gordon too.Gurley is averaging 8.2 ypc...in the SEC. No other top rb prospect out of the sec has been close to that. Not Bo, Herschel, Hearst, trich, DMC, Ingram or even AP.
Peterson went to Oklahoma.

We'll see
Its 2015 by then. People still take RBs w their no1/2 pick? Really? I LOOOOOVE gordon and gurley. Freaks.Wouldnt even contemplate taking either before Cooper or white.
I would love to have Gurley... And odds are, if I was pick 4-5 hed be mine

But RB is too devalued. Short shelf life. And the burn of TRich still runs deep.

Gimme the longer shelflife and higher upside of a guy like Cooper/white. No questions asked

As someone who picked T.Austin over Gio a couple of years ago at #1, I wouldn't treat that as a hard and fast rule.

We'll see
Very very few 3 down rbs that are young and do goal line work. Maybe only Bell, shady, Murray. Cooper is good, not great though and wr position is deep. Ppr works in favor of gurley easily and maybe for Gordon too.Gurley is averaging 8.2 ypc...in the SEC. No other top rb prospect out of the sec has been close to that. Not Bo, Herschel, Hearst, trich, DMC, Ingram or even AP.
Peterson went to Oklahoma.
If I knew the stats of all those players, then I'm sure I knew where he went to college.

We'll see

There's a lot more young WRs in the league then young RBs, so yes I fully expect Gurley and Gordon to go before Cooper or White (obviously its early in the process right now).

LaFell being the No. 1 WR in New England is misleading, as Gronk is the first look and Edelman gets (too) much love as well from Brady. LaFell has never show enough consistency to take serious enough in a dynasty league that anyone could justify moving a top 5 pick for him - you could do much better if you were so inclined to move that pick.

Non-PPR league

Team 1 gave: Michael Floyd

Team 2 gave: 2015 1st round pick (Top 5)

Team 1 owner was scared of Floyd's inuries, fluky QB play, and targets to Brown/Fitz/Ellington in the future.

There's a lot more young WRs in the league then young RBs, so yes I fully expect Gurley and Gordon to go before Cooper or White (obviously its early in the process right now).
LaFell being the No. 1 WR in New England is misleading, as Gronk is the first look and Edelman gets (too) much love as well from Brady. LaFell has never show enough consistency to take serious enough in a dynasty league that anyone could justify moving a top 5 pick for him - you could do much better if you were so inclined to move that pick.
What about Ameer Abdullah?

Last edited by a moderator:
What about Ameer Abdullah?
He should be a top 3 consideration as well.

Give:

Get:

Marshall, Charles, Brees
Awfully bad.

I disagree here. I would rather have OBJ over Marshall.

Hill and a 1st is a little light for Charles

Bridgewater and Rudolph for Bree's might be a little light too, but it isn't horrible. Also a TE premium league.

Give:

Get:

Marshall, Charles, Brees
Awfully bad.

I disagree here. I would rather have OBJ over Marshall.

Hill and a 1st is a little light for Charles

Bridgewater and Rudolph for Bree's might be a little light too, but it isn't horrible. Also a TE premium league.
rebuilding, maybe OBJ over Marshall but that's putting a huge priority on youth

late 1st and Hill is a "little light" for Charles? really disagree there. 1.01 and Hill, maybe.

If I knew the stats of all those players, then I'm sure I knew where he went to college.
Then you probably knew that Oklahoma isn't in the SEC.
Which is why the sentence lists a bunch of Sec rbs and then says "or even AP" which is changing direction in the list. If I had stated "and AP" then you would have a valid point.

This is the kind of petty crap that makes the shark pool a waste of time. Congrats on pulling out tiny facts trying to be witty or feel better about yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread