What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2014 In Season Dynasty Trade Thread** (3 Viewers)

Standard PPR 12 teams.

Contender gave

Te Cameron

for

Gates

How stupid sm I?

I had Cameron, Walker, L Green and Eifert at TE. did I do bad?

Standard PPR 12 teams.

Contender gave

Te Cameron

for

Gates

How stupid sm I?

I certainly wouldn't have done that. To expect that Gates keeps up at this level of TD production seems unreasonable, and in that case then Walker or Cameron (if he gets it going) are comparable options.

Does anybody already think about unloading Forte after this season? He's getting older for a RB and is on pace for a truely outstanding season, especially in PPR.

What kind of trades would you deem fair?

Does anybody already think about unloading Forte after this season? He's getting older for a RB and is on pace for a truely outstanding season, especially in PPR.

There's a forum for this. It's not this one.

Standard PPR 12 teams.

Contender gave

Te Cameron

for

Gates

How stupid sm I?

Assuming Dynasty, I don't like it. Don't know the rest of your roster but Walker would have been fine for the mean time, and Eifert will be back in a few weeks.

Working on this now and I live in Chicago. Obviously have a lot of interest. We keep 6 and I currently have Brees, forte, McCoy, Marshall,Gordon and Graham. Yet I am 3-5 after winning back to back championships.

So it's kind of crazy but I want to get some youth going forward and get some value before the wheels fall off. Already have cooks and moncrief rostered so with Gordon am ok at wr.

I am considering taking sankey one first and at least one other pick.

Interesting trade went down...

10 team QQRRWWWW

Calvin Johnson

For

Brandon Marshall

Brandon Oliver

Donte Moncrief
Cheap for Calvin, especially in a 10 teamer.
Is it though? I know his VBD has been ridiculous the past few years but is no one concerned about the emergence of Tate and the likely effect on his targets going forward as well as the mounting injuries? I wonder if his value is slightly overrated at this point? I realize Marshall has sucked this year but is Calvin really still all that?

10 team QQRRWWWW

Calvin Johnson

For

Brandon Marshall

Brandon Oliver

Donte Moncrief
Is it though? I know his VBD has been ridiculous the past few years but is no one concerned about the emergence of Tate and the likely effect on his targets going forward as well as the mounting injuries? I wonder if his value is slightly overrated at this point? I realize Marshall has sucked this year but is Calvin really still all that?
I agree. People still view him as nearly untouchable but idk. He turns 30 next year, seems to get dinged up pretty frequently, and I can't help but think he's overvalued at times.

Working on this now and I live in Chicago. Obviously have a lot of interest. We keep 6 and I currently have Brees, forte, McCoy, Marshall,Gordon and Graham. Yet I am 3-5 after winning back to back championships. So it's kind of crazy but I want to get some youth going forward and get some value before the wheels fall off. Already have cooks and moncrief rostered so with Gordon am ok at wr.

If you're not a legitimate contender The time to sell is now. Forte is one of those older players whose value is always significantly higher during the season then in the off-season. In the off-season he's just another old rb with a limited shelf life. Right now he's a guy who's scoring at a massive pace. If you're buying, buy the Christine Michaels of the world during the season and the Matt fortes of the world in the off-season. If you're selling, the opposite. It's amazing how predictably these types of players are valued during different times of the year. Sort of like the value of draft picks just before the draft vs. at the start of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

10 team QQRRWWWW

Calvin Johnson

For

Brandon Marshall

Brandon Oliver

Donte Moncrief
Yes he still is all that. And this isn't the trade to try and make that point.

12 team PPR.

Gave: Rob Gronkowski

Got: Randall Cobb / Jordan Reed

Had Julius/Gronk/Bennett, and never really started Gronk due to the fact we can only start 1 TE (flex is RB/WR only).

Working on this now and I live in Chicago. Obviously have a lot of interest. We keep 6 and I currently have Brees, forte, McCoy, Marshall,Gordon and Graham. Yet I am 3-5 after winning back to back championships.

So it's kind of crazy but I want to get some youth going forward and get some value before the wheels fall off. Already have cooks and moncrief rostered so with Gordon am ok at wr.

If you only keep 6, no idea why you are looking to dump Forte for that.

I agree. People still view him as nearly untouchable but idk. He turns 30 next year, seems to get dinged up pretty frequently, and I can't help but think he's overvalued at times.
Everyone who owns him overvalues him. This is common knowledge.

That said, he is still very valuable, and that deal in a 10 team league was a steal for Calvin.

ghostguy123 said:
hostile said:
12 team PPR.

Had Julius/Gronk/Bennett, and never really started Gronk due to the fact we can only start 1 TE (flex is RB/WR only).
Compounded one mistake with another.
He has been injured most of this season, and honestly, I dont trust his health long-term.

Nothing wrong starting Julius over Gronk until the last two weeks.

ghostguy123 said:
hostile said:
12 team PPR.

He has been injured most of this season, and honestly, I dont trust his health long-term.

Hasn't been injured at all this season, he was on a snap count being eased back into the game. Could have predicted exactly when he was back 100% as they mimicked everything they did from 2013 this year in regards to bringing him back.

Feel like you sold low.

Big one in a 14 team ppr, te premium, idp. Start qb/rb/2wr/te/3flex

A gave:

Charles, Jamaal KCC RB

Allen, Keenan SDC WR

Mack, Khalil OAK LB

B gave:

Brown, Bryce BUF RB

Crowell, Isaiah CLE RB

Hyde, Carlos SFO RB

Robinson, Allen JAC WR

Davis, Demario NYJ LB

Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick (late)

Big one in a 14 team ppr, te premium, idp. Start qb/rb/2wr/te/3flex

A gave:

Charles, Jamaal KCC RB

Allen, Keenan SDC WR

Mack, Khalil OAK LB

B gave:

Brown, Bryce BUF RB

Crowell, Isaiah CLE RB

Hyde, Carlos SFO RB

Robinson, Allen JAC WR

Davis, Demario NYJ LB

Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick (late)
Team B wins.

ghostguy123 said:
hostile said:
12 team PPR.

Point is, you traded the wrong TE.

Now, if you were dead set on trading Gronk fine but........you didnt get nearly enough

thriftyrocker said:

10 team QQRRWWWW

Calvin Johnson

For

Brandon Marshall

Brandon Oliver

Donte Moncrief
Yes he still is all that. And this isn't the trade to try and make that point.
And you are basing this on what recent data?

If I knew the stats of all those players, then I'm sure I knew where he went to college.
Then you probably knew that Oklahoma isn't in the SEC.
Which is why the sentence lists a bunch of Sec rbs and then says "or even AP" which is changing direction in the list. If I had stated "and AP" then you would have a valid point.

This is the kind of petty crap that makes the shark pool a waste of time. Congrats on pulling out tiny facts trying to be witty or feel better about yourself.
I in no way intended to bother or insult you with this. Certainly not trying to upset you. There's an actual point to pulling Adrian Peterson out of that list as a result of his playing for Oklahoma - the Big 12 rushing leaders are generally statistically well below the SEC leaders. I misunderstood what you were saying, obviously, but my point is that even this season, the qualified rushing leader in the Big 12 is over 2 ypc lower than the SEC.

I like Gurley a lot - and likely will draft him if I end up with the #1 pick through a trade - but comparing SEC numbers to Peterson's numbers doesn't give as much information as it looks like at first blush. As far as I know, DeMarco Murray is the only running back in the last decade from Oklahoma to average 6 ypc. There's an SEC running back who averages at least 7.0 ypc nearly every year.

Again - not trying to be a jerk, just honestly suggesting that if Peterson had been on, say, Arkansas in 2007 like first round pick Felix Jones was, he may have been closer to the 8.7 ypc that Jones had.
I'll move this stuff to the Gurley thread, so we don't interrupt trades

Working on this now and I live in Chicago. Obviously have a lot of interest. We keep 6 and I currently have Brees, forte, McCoy, Marshall,Gordon and Graham. Yet I am 3-5 after winning back to back championships.So it's kind of crazy but I want to get some youth going forward and get some value before the wheels fall off. Already have cooks and moncrief rostered so with Gordon am ok at wr.

If you only keep 6, no idea why you are looking to dump Forte for that.
Yeah. I reconsidered after more research.

ghostguy123 said:
hostile said:
12 team PPR.

Point is, you traded the wrong TE.

Now, if you were dead set on trading Gronk fine but........you didnt get nearly enough
Agreed.

12 team PPR

All 3 trades happened yesterday. In 2nd in my division. Looking to load up.

I gave:

Tannehill

I got:

Storm Johnson

2015 2nd

I gave:

2015 1st

I got:

McKinnon

I gave:

Patterson

2015 2nd

2015 2nd

I got:

Josh Gordon

12 team PPR

I gave:

Tannehill

I got:

Storm Johnson

2015 2nd

I gave:

2015 1st

I got:

McKinnon

I gave:

Patterson

2015 2nd

2015 2nd

I got:

Josh Gordon
Straight up stealing

10 team QQRRWWWW

Calvin Johnson

For

Brandon Marshall

Brandon Oliver

Donte Moncrief
He dinged his ankle, he'll be fine.

Even if you believe Calvin's value has taken a hit I still don't like the trade. Marshall is still a clear downgrade, who's 1.5 years older to boot.

If this were a 12-14 team league that started 3 RBs I could maybe see doing this, but in a 10 team league that only starts 20 RBs each week Oliver's value is much less. Moncrief is still just a flier.

Within a few weeks there is a very good chance that Oliver will be back in a timeshare and Calvin will be back to his old self, and unless Moncrief becomes a huge breakout this trade will look really bad.

12 team PPR

I gave:

Tannehill

I got:

Storm Johnson

2015 2nd

I gave:

2015 1st

I got:

McKinnon

I gave:

Patterson

2015 2nd

2015 2nd

I got:

Josh Gordon
1) 2015 2nd

2) 2015 1st

3) Gordon

Gordon has shown that he can succeed with terrible QBs, Patterson hasn't.

12 team PPR

I gave:

Tannehill

I got:

Storm Johnson

2015 2nd

I gave:

2015 1st

I got:

McKinnon

I gave:

Patterson

2015 2nd

2015 2nd

I got:

Josh Gordon
1) 2015 2nd

2) 2015 1st

3) Gordon

Gordon has shown that he can succeed with terrible QBs, Patterson hasn't.
Right on. Didn't really want to give a 1st for McKinnon but it will be late and I needed a RB2. Also really believe in him long term.

This one showed up in my inbox this AM.

.5 PPR, .75 TE.

Give: Turbin and Hurns

Get: VJax, Gore, 2015 3 (early)

He's 1-7, I'm 7-1. We can start up to 5 WRs. I've Flexed 3 TEs all year so this gives me some flexibility even though Gore is slowing down and VJax has sucked this year.

10 team non ppr IDP start q rb rb wr wr wr te k 2 dl 2 lb 2 db 40 person rosters

not involved

team A traded LeSean McCoy

Kendall Wright

team B traded Bishop Sankey

Michael Floyd

Peterson is worthless. Wouldn't give a 3rd for him. Have seen him dropped in one dynasty and the bid that picked him up the following week was a low bid.

30 year old child abusers are not going to have a ton of suitors.

I suspect 1 qb league and give my Dalton by a wide margin.

Gave Dalton

Got Patterson, Stills
3qb league?
Patterson is not Peterson
Flipped Patterson and Stills to rebuilding owner for Maclin before game time.

Users who are viewing this thread