What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** 2018 Cakeleeg Thread - 28th round is "touch and go" (1 Viewer)

22.09 -- Brad Boxberger, rp ARI
PHOENIX -- D-backs manager Torey Lovullo ended the suspense Tuesday when he announced that right-hander Brad Boxberger would be the team's closer to start the season.

Boxberger had been competing for the role along with Archie Bradley and Yoshihisa Hirano.

"I'm excited," Boxberger said. "I'm excited for the opportunity. I'm definitely honored to have the opportunity to be able to close here and I'm looking forward to it."

The D-backs acquired Boxberger from the Rays during the offseason in exchange for Minor League pitcher Curtis Taylor.

:bowtie:

don’t worry, jeebus isn’t passing over my first born, he is killing everyone......

knebel

cruz

suarez

more to follow.....

I don’t get the waivers this year.  Trying try drop a guy but it’s telling me im not allowed to since he already played today?

seems dumb

I don’t get the waivers this year.  Trying try drop a guy but it’s telling me im not allowed to since he already played today?

seems dumb
Looks like we went from 2 day wait to real time.  So you can pick up a guy and play him say day, but you have to drop someone who hasn't played yet.  Similar to how most fantasy football free agents work.

Looks like we went from 2 day wait to real time.  So you can pick up a guy and play him say day, but you have to drop someone who hasn't played yet.  Similar to how most fantasy football free agents work.
Seems like I should at least be able to submit a waiver claim or something then and not have to remember to pick the guy up in the morning or have someone else beat me to it

We could all stop being so cheap and kick in like an extra 5 bucks per team and just go to a customizable site too. No point to complaining about yahoo anymore. It’s fine for what it is but will never be able to handle multiple settings. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We could all stop being so cheap and kick in like an extra 5 bucks per team and just go to a customizable site too. No point to complaining about yahoo anymore. It’s fine for what it is but will never be able to handle multiple settings. 
You'd just complain about something else then

Doctor Detroit said:
That’s the same as it has always been in Yahoo, in every sport. I think the only way to fix is having every player on waivers. 
Nope.  Before last year, this league had a system where you could add a guy who you could start the next day.  Your drop could be anyone regardless if they played that day or not.  Waivers were only applicable to new callups or players who were dropped by another owner. 

And then we had that fiasco last year where we had to wait two days.

And then real time this year.  

I'm fine with whatever, as long as we don't return to the Capella experiment of last  year.

Nope.  Before last year, this league had a system where you could add a guy who you could start the next day.  Your drop could be anyone regardless if they played that day or not.  Waivers were only applicable to new callups or players who were dropped by another owner. 

And then we had that fiasco last year where we had to wait two days.

And then real time this year.  

I'm fine with whatever, as long as we don't return to the Capella experiment of last  year.
You can pick up a player now and play him the same day.  You just can't pick them up until after the the league updates.  As long as I've used Yahoo it's been the same.  THe only way to get around the not picking up players after they've played that night, is to run daily waivers. 

You can pick up a player now and play him the same day.  You just can't pick them up until after the the league updates.  As long as I've used Yahoo it's been the same.  THe only way to get around the not picking up players after they've played that night, is to run daily waivers. 
I'm just telling you how things were from 2007-2016.  :shrug:  

In the past, I could drop a player if they were still playing.  It gave me great joy to fire a pitcher who was busy crapping all over the mound.  Like, right now, I'd like to drop Alex Cobb.  :hot:
Go to tomorrows lineup and you can drop him there. 

eta- you still get all of today's stats either way

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread