What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Michigan Football*** (2 Viewers)

Early talk on Twitter us Derrick Green committed. No big thing, just the top ranked RB in the country.

I leave for vacation and recruiting buzz picks up after being virtually dead for two month, plus they have players getting DUIs and breaking into houses? WTF is going on!?!?!

Tamani Carter has left the team per Brady Hoke. Not sure of specifics. Opens another spot in this class. Wish him well in his future endeavors.

If the rumors are true, the loss of Countess is going to be huge. There's really no quality guy to take his place. I'm not sure the season could have gotten off to a worse start. Hopefully it's strained ligaments and not torn.

If the rumors are true, the loss of Countess is going to be huge. There's really no quality guy to take his place. I'm not sure the season could have gotten off to a worse start. Hopefully it's strained ligaments and not torn.
Ya, that is not good....Didnt expect to win or really even compete vs Bama. Just hoping to get out healthy. Almost happened.

Ya, that is not good....

Didnt expect to win or really even compete vs Bama. Just hoping to get out healthy. Almost happened.
I didn't think there was anyone here more pessimistic than me ;) I didn't expect a win, but I did expect them to compete. From the time they got off the bus they all looked lost (coaches included).

Ya, that is not good....

Didnt expect to win or really even compete vs Bama. Just hoping to get out healthy. Almost happened.
I didn't think there was anyone here more pessimistic than me ;) I didn't expect a win, but I did expect them to compete. From the time they got off the bus they all looked lost (coaches included).
Won with a little bit of smoke and mirrors last year. Didnt have the hogs to compete with Alabama.I actually think they would have played a better game against USC or Oregon..Bama's O line was always going to be a major problem.

Torn :angry:
Crap. That's not good at all. This kid is going to be great, but there is NO ONE to back him up. Who they going to put out there in his place? Avery? Not good.

horrible yesterday. no defense whatsoever. offense was inept, except for robinson's typical "weak opponent" game of 200/200. i fear what the ND&conference games will look like.

horrible yesterday. no defense whatsoever. offense was inept, except for robinson's typical "weak opponent" game of 200/200. i fear what the ND&conference games will look like.
I am not too worried about it.Beat up vs Bama and playing a gimmicky offense the next week.Not too many tough teams on the schedule imo. Notre Dame barely handled Purdue.

I'm willing to give them a pass on the gimmicky offense, but I agree they are starting like they did last year. They can't afford to do that.

I'm willing to give them a pass on the gimmicky offense, but I agree they are starting like they did last year. They can't afford to do that.
I don't think Air Force runs a "gimmicky offense" I hate the terminology to describe it. Air Force runs an offense which is particular for the athletes they recruit and they run it to perfection. They scored 19 on TCU and 26 on Boise last year, 24 on OU the year before and they beat Ga Tech in a bowl game. They are one of the best coached teams in CFB and you aren't going to embarrass them very often. I would approach yesterday's game as one you win and move on, when you schedule Air Force I think you are opening yourself up for an upset and getting a win is the only thing that matters. They are a bowl team and will probably be in the 8-4/9-3 range so it's a quality win. :shrug:

I would generally prefer a passer who can run, rather than a runner who can pass, at QB. I don't quite know what it is, but I don't get too thrilled about Denard, despite his ability to put some amazing stats. But nice to get a W!

My Minutemen come to Ann Arbor next week, fresh off yesterday's spanking at the hands of Indiana.

Don't expect to see a 42-37 nailbiter this year, unlike two years ago. I'd be happy to hold Denard under 426 yards per play.

Just not a whole lot of FBS-level talent on the team yet. Any questions about the team, feel free to ask.

I don't think Air Force runs a "gimmicky offense" I hate the terminology to describe it. Air Force runs an offense which is particular for the athletes they recruit and they run it to perfection. They scored 19 on TCU and 26 on Boise last year, 24 on OU the year before and they beat Ga Tech in a bowl game. They are one of the best coached teams in CFB and you aren't going to embarrass them very often. I would approach yesterday's game as one you win and move on, when you schedule Air Force I think you are opening yourself up for an upset and getting a win is the only thing that matters. They are a bowl team and will probably be in the 8-4/9-3 range so it's a quality win. :shrug:
Fair enough. Perspectives are like butt holes ;) I do agree that when you schedule Air Force, nothing good really comes of it. Get in, get the win, get out. FWIW...I'm not saying they are a bad team. I think they are fantastic at what they do. Probably the best in the country.

My Minutemen come to Ann Arbor next week, fresh off yesterday's spanking at the hands of Indiana.Don't expect to see a 42-37 nailbiter this year, unlike two years ago. I'd be happy to hold Denard under 426 yards per play.Just not a whole lot of FBS-level talent on the team yet. Any questions about the team, feel free to ask.
You gonna be at the game?

My Minutemen come to Ann Arbor next week, fresh off yesterday's spanking at the hands of Indiana.Don't expect to see a 42-37 nailbiter this year, unlike two years ago. I'd be happy to hold Denard under 426 yards per play.Just not a whole lot of FBS-level talent on the team yet. Any questions about the team, feel free to ask.
You gonna be at the game?
:no: Went two years ago and had a great time. The Michigan people couldn't have been nicer, the Big House was incredible, and we had a lot of fun in town.Wanted to go this year, but just couldn't pull the trip together. Given how bad UMass has looked the first two weeks, the carnage should be what we expected it to be two years ago. But that team had far more experience than this one, particularly on offense.

I'm sure Drob will have 500 yards of total yards this week. As much as I love to watch him, I will be happy when they go to there regular offense. I would also like to see Rawles get some carries, but I guess he's more pro style as well. I do like they way this team is headed, and have complete faith in Hoke.

I'll be at the game tomorrow, but I don't have a good feeling about it. I swear DRob has gotten worse every season at Michigan. Purdue has a pretty strong defense too. I expect a close game.

I'll be at the game tomorrow, but I don't have a good feeling about it. I swear DRob has gotten worse every season at Michigan. Purdue has a pretty strong defense too. I expect a close game.
Definitely going to be a close game. I thought Borges learned his lesson last year, but I guess he hasn't. Rumor has it, he's gone back over every single call he's made this year in an effort to reevaluate his decision making. We'll see if he saw what we see.

Had a great time at the game. TONS of Michigan fans there which was good to see. I think the less Denard throws the better. Defense played well too.

Had a great time at the game. TONS of Michigan fans there which was good to see. I think the less Denard throws the better. Defense played well too.
Give him those west coast distances and he can succeed. I bury my head in my hands every time he throws the ball deep though.

Looks like a different team today. Hopefully this one stays around a while
Michigan will win the Big Ten this year. I suspect they will win out to the Ohio game. That one will be a tossup.But M is better than every team in the Big Ten - other than maybe Ohio.

Exit: David Dawson

On a positive note the future looks good with Hayes and Rawls. I was impressed with their running against Illinois. Yes, I have to continue to remind myself it was against Illinois, but I liked what I saw.

It's been relatively quiet on the innerwebs this week compared to the last 3-4 years with regard to this game. :popcorn: It's even mellow at rcmb. Lot's of pessimism over there.

Win #900 for the program :thumbup:
:pickle;Loving what I'm seeing from the defense, probably going to be one L before the end of the season because our offense just doesn't have it but a W over Ohio St and a title game appearance would be solid in an otherwise underwhelming season. Really optimistic about next season...

Users who are viewing this thread