What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Michigan Football*** (2 Viewers)

I'm supposed to fly to DC tomorrow and go to the Michigan/Maryland on Saturday night. But this hurricane may dampen those plans.

Game has been moved to noon.

"We’ve been told it’s our responsibility to get there and be there and God willing and the creek don’t rise, we’ll be there” - Jim Harbaugh

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's only been 5 weeks, but I think this team can play with Ohio, this week against NW will give us an idea of where they stand I believe.

Anyone got a good scouting report on Northwestern? I skipped the game last year because it was during my boycott after the Morris concussion debacle. Looking at their schedule the last two years, I don't think I've watched them since 2013, so I don't know anything about them.

I am wondering if it ever occurred to Hoke and company to put the CBs on an island and let them defend :oldunsure: And I haven't watched any NW games this year. I saw a few possessions against Duke. Their offense didn't look all that good in the limited time I watched....YMMV

I am wondering if it ever occurred to Hoke and company to put the CBs on an island and let them defend :oldunsure: And I haven't watched any NW games this year. I saw a few possessions against Duke. Their offense didn't look all that good in the limited time I watched....YMMV
From what I've read it's strength against strength re NW's offensive game plan and our defense. We should have success running the ball, but they are tough to throw on. If Rudock finally connects on a deep ball or two and doesn't turn the ball over then we win easily. If he doesn't and he does then coin flip.

Very impressive what UM has been doing - it amazes me that a coaching change could mean that much.

Also - how impressive is what Utah did now?

I am a Michigan hater and I certainly had my fun over the last few years watching them implode. I will admit they look really good right now. The Utah loss does not even look bad at this point, it looks good because they played them tough.

If they run the table they will for sure be in the playoff.

I am a Michigan hater and I certainly had my fun over the last few years watching them implode. I will admit they look really good right now. The Utah loss does not even look bad at this point, it looks good because they played them tough.

The fact that this conversation can be had and not be a complete joke is amazing right now.

The fact that this conversation can be had and not be a complete joke is amazing right now.
JH obviously has the 'it' factor. Despite the poor years, you are still sitting on a crapload of 4 and 5 star talent. A great leader should be able to to figure out how to give that kind of talent some direction.

I still don't think they've played a really good team yet.

Color me skeptical until next Saturday night when we figure out what really is going on here.

Color me skeptical until next Saturday night when we figure out what really is going on here.
This is sorta where I'm at, but I'm not sure MSU is even in the "really good" category at this point. Seems like they've also taken a step back with 90% of the rest of the country.

This is sorta where I'm at, but I'm not sure MSU is even in the "really good" category at this point. Seems like they've also taken a step back with 90% of the rest of the country.
Only a matter of time before Sparty puts it together. Just hope it's not next week.

If Utah isn't good, I don't know who is.
Three ranked teams, even though two are borderline. But still played two decent teams and one really good team. Michigan's D has sucked against every level of teams the last decade and it is nice to see them being capable of dominating on that side of the ball. Really don't know how good this team is yet, but I am not seeing 10 better teams out there.

If Utah isn't good, I don't know who is.
I should have said beaten not played.

Utah should have beaten them by three scores though, that game was not as close as the score indicated. It being the first game does matter here though, I sorta just throw that one out because this is not the same team that played in week one.

I'm hoping they keep winning, in part because my BIL scored a couple of tix to the OSU game and offered to take me. :excited:

I thought Harbaugh would make a huge difference in a couple of years. Really hard to believe the impact he is having so soon.

So what have been the keys to the defensive success? Is Peppers a big part of it?
I think Willie Henry and the guys up front are getting pressure without having to blitz, but when they do it's hard for teams to protect. Jourdan Lewis is playing like a first round pick and locking people down. I have watched the replay of his pick 6 many times and still don't see how he pulled it off.

So what have been the keys to the defensive success? Is Peppers a big part of it?
He is. But everyone is just playing really well. The DL is shutting down the opponent's running game without need for too much help from the back 7. The DBs are playing tight man coverage - and doing it very well. Jourdan Lewis is playing like a first team All American.

And Peppers is a hybrid safety/LB who blows up all bubble screens.

As a unit, they are playing great.

But this will be the toughest test so far. MSU is really good. Great QB. Great WRs.

Hoping the line goes to double digits. The hype for UM is already off the charts. Love it. Going to be a good game. Cant wait.

GO GREEN

Last edited by a moderator:

JH obviously has the 'it' factor. Despite the poor years, you are still sitting on a crapload of 4 and 5 star talent. A great leader should be able to to figure out how to give that kind of talent some direction.
The DC D.J. Durkin has to get a lot of credit as well as the huge upgrade to an NFL caliber HC, from a guy in Hoke who might be a decent small college coach.

Have you "reserving judgment" guys seen MSU play? We're awful and you're going to kill us.
I see what you did here :thumbup: You're certainly taking a different approach than most I've run into...they're trying to drum up that "disrespect" card to get "angry". It's been pretty funny to watch.

The Commish said:
Have you "reserving judgment" guys seen MSU play? We're awful and you're going to kill us.
I see what you did here :thumbup: You're certainly taking a different approach than most I've run into...they're trying to drum up that "disrespect" card to get "angry". It's been pretty funny to watch.
It is a big rivalry game, so I fully expect MSU to get their act together and play their best game of the season. It is good to see Michigan having a respectable program again where they can be competitive against top ranked teams.

Users who are viewing this thread