What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Michigan Football*** (2 Viewers)

Those fans are complete #######s and deserve to be shamed. And I wish they weren't Michigan fans.

But what percentage of the fan base do you think was a #### like that? 0.0000001%? Its like 5 #####-bags.
Also could be Sparty/Buckeye trolls.

But yeah, a small percentage. Thing is though, it's a national story not just local :hophead: which makes UM fans look terrible.
Agreed.

My son was sitting right behind O'Neil's parents. He couldn't cheer feeling bad for them. Heartbreaking for that poor kid. Had a great game before that.

Given that the snap was very catchable at his knees, did that punter make the worst play in the history of football? He could have done practically anything else with the ball and his team gets the win in a huge rivalry game.
I would say it's in the discussion. I can't really think of anything worse so maybe it is.I wonder if Baxter went over the scenarios pre snap.....
That's what I was wondering. You don't want the kid to think about the negatives, but ya gotta prepare for all possibilities. Did Michigan have a time out left? You see 11 defenders on the line, take a time out and talk through the risks.
Used their last TO before that. But they should have obviously known they were going to come after it. They certainly weren't going to setup a return.

I have still not fully recovered

BUT

had anyone laid out before the season that our record would be what it is and MSU would have won on a once ina lifetime final play of the game I would have taken it in a heartbeat

this team is going places

Well, I did it....and watched :bag:

Going back to my psyche comment before, there is definitely something wrong with me. I don't feel as bad giving that game away to a higher ranked team as I would have had they been curb stomped (like in years passed). I was sorta surprised at how many busted coverages there were in the secondary. Made the Cook yardage total look a lot different. This team will be much different once they have something other than a game manager under center. That said, that ending couldn't have sucked any more....I felt very similar watching the Colorado game.

All said, this team is going the right direction and I feel bad for the punter, he had a great game til the end. Is EL still standing? I'm pretty sure there isn't a couch left in the city limits.
I turned the TV on this morning to find a cartoon for my kids. The TV happened to be on CBS and even the stupid morning show was talking about it lol.

What a gaffe. Gonna take awhile for this one to wear off.
:goodposting:

It hurts.

Harbaugh said, "Welcome to football. Now we move forward." The moving forward may take a few days on this one.
i do love the way he is handling it

Going back to my psyche comment before, there is definitely something wrong with me. I don't feel as bad giving that game away to a higher ranked team as I would have had they been curb stomped (like in years passed). I was sorta surprised at how many busted coverages there were in the secondary. Made the Cook yardage total look a lot different. This team will be much different once they have something other than a game manager under center. That said, that ending couldn't have sucked any more....I felt very similar watching the Colorado game.

All said, this team is going the right direction and I feel bad for the punter, he had a great game til the end. Is EL still standing? I'm pretty sure there isn't a couch left in the city limits.
I turned the TV on this morning to find a cartoon for my kids. The TV happened to be on CBS and even the stupid morning show was talking about it lol.

It hurts.

Harbaugh said, "Welcome to football. Now we move forward." The moving forward may take a few days on this one.
Drew Sharp is a tool, but still...

It hurts.

unless there were a lot more quotes than he used it hardly seemed like harbaugh was blaming the refs for the loss

i think he is obligated to point out what a ####ty call that targeting call was.

Was at the game.. incredible, just incredible (MSU Fan) ;)

Surrounded by U of M fans obviously.. all celebrating after the stop on 4th & 19.. giving us a hard time, but not in a bad way.. asking us for high fives..

Then the botched punt... It was like a balloon popped..

Walking out of the stadium was like being on the set of TWD.. especially last week's episode where they were trying to lure the hoard of walkers away from the town..

Was at the game.. incredible, just incredible (MSU Fan) ;)

Surrounded by U of M fans obviously.. all celebrating after the stop on 4th & 19.. giving us a hard time, but not in a bad way.. asking us for high fives..

Then the botched punt... It was like a balloon popped..

Walking out of the stadium was like being on the set of TWD.. especially last week's episode where they were trying to lure the hoard of walkers away from the town..
we'll get ya next year ;)

but congrats on the win!

I have still not fully recovered

BUT

had anyone laid out before the season that our record would be what it is and MSU would have won on a once ina lifetime final play of the game I would have taken it in a heartbeat

this team is going places
Yeah....still can't believe this. Gonna take a couple weeks I think :bag:

It hurts.

Wasn't here (in the FFA) for the game, but wasn't the consensus that it was a very poorly officiated game all around? If not, it should have been. Don't really have a problem with it :oldunsure:

It hurts.

Wasn't here (in the FFA) for the game, but wasn't the consensus that it was a very poorly officiated game all around? If not, it should have been. Don't really have a problem with it :oldunsure:
Yes, I would agree that it was.

Got this question at work this morning:

Who is getting the blame? Harbaugh? The Punter?

I asked why harbaugh would get the blame, he said "Well he called the play"

I DIDNT TAKE THE BAIT!!!

I am already over it.

Worst college officiated game Ive ever seen, for both sides. Seemed like whatever you thought the penalty would be, it was canceled out by the stupidity of either the booth review or the field refs. Im just glad the game didn't come down to one of their horrific judgement calls, because it was sure heading in that direction the entire game.

I DIDNT TAKE THE BAIT!!!

I am already over it.
maybe no one is to blame

#### happens

I DIDNT TAKE THE BAIT!!!

I am already over it.
Yeah, that one you gotta give the :shrug: and walk away. Nothing you can say and no way to explain it other than "#### happens". Still sucks though.

It hurts.

Michigan was on the wrong end of some bad calls but if the punter handled the last snap it does not matter. Still try to figure out if that was the right call. Had M ran the ball the options were possibly pick up a first down, if not turn the ball over to MSU at their own 46-47 with around 3 seconds left on the clock. MSU was going into the wind so Cook would have had to throw the hail mary from around his own 38- 40 so I doubt he could have reached the end zone. Odds were very slim at best. The bottom line is QB play. If you put Cook on Michigan and Ruddock on MSU Michigan would have won 38-10. Ruddock just can`t make any kind of plays

Last edited by a moderator:

It hurts.

Michigan was on the wrong end of some bad calls but if the punter handled the last snap it does not matter. Still try to figure out if that was the right call. Had M ran the ball the options were possibly pick up a first down, if not turn the ball over to MSU at their own 46-47 with around 3 seconds left on the clock. MSU was going into the wind so Cook would have had to throw the hail mary from around his own 38- 40 so I doubt he could have reached the end zone. Odds we very slim at best. The bottom line is QB play. If you put Cook on Michigan and Ruddock on MSU Michigan would have won 38-10. Ruddock just can`t make any kind of plays
the punt was the right call

it is a routine play you believe you will execute, if you try and run the ball someone could fumble as easily as the punt could be bobbled

just think

this is all with Brady Hoke's players (for the most part)

how good might they be when #4 gets his own people in there

Worst Michigan losses:

1. App State

2. Last Saturday

3. Cordell Stewart hail mary
App state

Toledo

MSU

Hail Mary
Please refresh my memory; what happened with Toledo?
just a crappy mac team which ended up 3-9 on the season went into the big house and beat Michigan

Toledo had 3 wins that season

1 @ Eastern Michigan a MAC team who went 3-9

1 VS Miami of Ohio a MAC team who went 2-10

and one at the big house vs Michigan

Michigan had been 24-0 vs MAC teams till then

this was 2008

It may stick out to me more to me since Toledo is my school. Plus all the Buckeye fans were relentless after it

That this is necessary pisses me off to no end. More angry about the reaction to Blake than the loss. Idiots.
I find a lot of things they do amusing.
I don't know why you'd find this amusing in any way.
I'll help you out. Using a Dantonio quote to agree with you.
That doesn't help :shrug:

This about sums up Harbaugh - some great advice:

“I’ve tried to advise them [his kids] to get two costumes, to be go-getters,” Harbaugh told Galli on Monday. “You can hit the neighborhood in one costume and better to jog and to run from house to house, then you can get more candy than anybody else. Then you come home and make a quick change into a second costume and go hit those same houses again.”

Harbaugh admitted this was the technique he used during his childhood.

“Hustle, constant hustle, hustling at all times,” he said, laughing.

Worst Michigan losses:

1. App State

2. Last Saturday

3. Cordell Stewart hail mary
App state

Toledo

MSU

Hail Mary
Please refresh my memory; what happened with Toledo?
just a crappy mac team which ended up 3-9 on the season went into the big house and beat Michigan

Toledo had 3 wins that season

1 @ Eastern Michigan a MAC team who went 3-9

1 VS Miami of Ohio a MAC team who went 2-10

and one at the big house vs Michigan

Michigan had been 24-0 vs MAC teams till then

this was 2008
Everyone remembers the App State game, but the Toledo loss that year was so, so much worse. App State was legitimate, Toledo sucked.

Users who are viewing this thread