What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (2 Viewers)

I mean, does anyone think we bring him back in a back-up role?  If we bring him back, I predict 83.4% of offensive snaps played. 

I think he plays 80% of the snaps. 80% JP is better then 100% Dillard anyway 
There is talk about him being in a backup role.  And face it, JP never finishes games anyways and always limps off for series'/plays.  I don't think less playing time for JP would be that bad of a thing.  A 50/50 split would be nice if they could figure out a way to make it work chemistry-wise.

There is talk about him being in a backup role.  And face it, JP never finishes games anyways and always limps off for series'/plays.  I don't think less playing time for JP would be that bad of a thing.  A 50/50 split would be nice if they could figure out a way to make it work chemistry-wise.
I hear ya.. The Kempski article meshed with the sacks stats made me feel a different way about Dillard, who is a 1st round pick going into his 2nd year career, compared to a future 1st Ballot HOF. So obviously there is emotion involved, at least for me. And he's a leader. I don't see Dillard ever being a leader, but more the quiet type. Reminds me of that kid that got "bullied" in Miami a bit. To each their own, aside of Peters age and decline in play (somewhat, relatively speaking), sure he limps off a few times. Sure Dillard had to come in a few times (the RT experiment was a dumb coaching decision, but I think they also needed to see that) bc JP wasn't' in the game, but I'm not sure I saw future greatness at all. 

A designed tackle rotation? Never heard of that before, don't think it would work. And lastly, for what its worth JP still ranked considerably high in PFF grades if anyone values that. 

I just hope they really make the correct decision here. Maybe Dillard needs another year. Maybe they need another year to see what he is at the same time. Would suck to burn another 1. 

that 2nd CB slot is kind of a cluster####.  Hopefully Slay can be so good that they can figure out how to manage, but not feeling good about that.
And safety and LBer as well
This breakdown of the snaps T.J. Edwards played last season make me feel a little better about LB. Would feel even better if we had a good coverage LB to compliment him, and maybe Gerry (a former safety) is that guy. 

Lots of rumors we offered Clowney a deal
I saw a breakdown from Over The Cap that the Eagles lead the NFL in current contracts that average $10 million/year. Unless Clowney is signing for a 1-year, prove-it deal, I wouldn't want them committing to him long term for big money. 

This breakdown of the snaps T.J. Edwards played last season make me feel a little better about LB. Would feel even better if we had a good coverage LB to compliment him, and maybe Gerry (a former safety) is that guy. 
Not that high on him for the same reason I’m not down on Dillard. I like them both and think they can get better but I’m very curious to see how they are with a bigger sample size. 

Same guy starting the rumor said we were signing AB, going after AJ Green, Tom Brady and OBJ
Ya I saw this and it seems like maybe this is BS.  Crazy how many other sites and people are picking up that story and running with it though.  Carson did say the other day that he'd be cool with it though.  I really don't want him here.  Didn't he say our fans were the worst in the league??

I hear ya.. The Kempski article meshed with the sacks stats made me feel a different way about Dillard, who is a 1st round pick going into his 2nd year career, compared to a future 1st Ballot HOF. So obviously there is emotion involved, at least for me. And he's a leader. I don't see Dillard ever being a leader, but more the quiet type. Reminds me of that kid that got "bullied" in Miami a bit. To each their own, aside of Peters age and decline in play (somewhat, relatively speaking), sure he limps off a few times. Sure Dillard had to come in a few times (the RT experiment was a dumb coaching decision, but I think they also needed to see that) bc JP wasn't' in the game, but I'm not sure I saw future greatness at all. 

A designed tackle rotation? Never heard of that before, don't think it would work. And lastly, for what its worth JP still ranked considerably high in PFF grades if anyone values that. 

I just hope they really make the correct decision here. Maybe Dillard needs another year. Maybe they need another year to see what he is at the same time. Would suck to burn another 1. 
All good points.  I guess the Tackle rotation was just a pipe dream.  It may actually happen organically anyways without design if JP keeps limping off.  Say what you want about Dillard but he is prob one of if not the best backup LT in the league, and JP probably one of the ones who misses the most snaps in the league so its kind of a perfect situation. 

JP played 80% of snaps in 2018 and only 75% in 2019.  I'd be happy with around 70% and get Dillard in there for 30%.  Dillard played 29% (although some of that was the disastrous RT experiment) last year so don't really want to see his snaps decrease all that much.

Eh, we threw Dillard into service as a RT, when he was interviewed before the game and said he was very uncomfortable with it. Why didn't we put the seasoned vet Peters at RT so the rookie could be more comfortable? I don't put a whole lot of worry into those sack - plus comparing a HOF all time great to a rookie is a bit of a disservice.

Eh, we threw Dillard into service as a RT, when he was interviewed before the game and said he was very uncomfortable with it. Why didn't we put the seasoned vet Peters at RT so the rookie could be more comfortable? I don't put a whole lot of worry into those sack - plus comparing a HOF all time great to a rookie is a bit of a disservice.
I think we did it bc we thought it would work out and we wanted to see if he was versatile. We found out. 

babydemon90 said:
That's a good point... has JP ever played RT?  Could he?  Would he?  Would be nice to have a solid backup plan if Lane got hurt again.

Terpman22 said:
I think we did it bc we thought it would work out and we wanted to see if he was versatile. We found out. 
Which is fine, but I think most LT's aren't asked to be versatile and play on the right so it's not really a knock on him. That said, I don't know if there's analysis on how many snaps he took at left vs right, and the sack numbers on each. Did he play on the left much?

need2know said:
Lots of rumors we offered Clowney a deal
I heard they offer him a deal at the beginning of FA. The dude spreading his rumor is a guy who shouldn't be trusted btw. A lot of info wrong with this guy. He's had some to put it nicely some issues over the years being fired by numerous stations for some racial comments and then at the time placing a bounty on then FSU DT Timmy Jernigan for Miami players on a broadcast. 

Deamon said:
Ya I saw this and it seems like maybe this is BS.  Crazy how many other sites and people are picking up that story and running with it though.  Carson did say the other day that he'd be cool with it though.  I really don't want him here.  Didn't he say our fans were the worst in the league??
This all started after an article from Oregon Live in the last week of April came out where Clowney's own camp said they didn't see him being motivated and performing if someone were to give him a big deal. It wasn't a glowing endorsement from people you'd think want to prop you up at all. The Houston guy who started the Rumored interest last week I'm told is friends with someone in Clowney's camp This whole thing is no different then the BS spread by Washington that we were interested in Trent Williams to drum up more interest in their client. They are doing PR Damage control now. 

And to answer your question he did. Clowney is the type of player this team is trying to not take in anymore. 

Terpman22 said:

Yeah that's exactly who I thought of. That was Jonathan Martin. I'm not saying he wasn't bullied as Richie and some of the guys there crossed the line of hazing and just being ignorant jackasses. However Martin handled the situation in such a poor way. I asked Anthony Betch about this when it happened his professional opinion given he was inside an NFL locker room on this situation. He said these guys crossed the line but heard from a few trusted people that believed Martin lacked the mental toughness to really play the game and let a lot of things go to his head easily. He also despite saying he did (Martin) never went to higher ups in the MIA org. He went straight to his agent and lawyer parents. A lot of players defended Richie/Pouncey and the others from the standpoint that Martin broke an unwritten NFL player rule of airing team personal dirty laundry to the public. Something that should've been handled in house (especially with Team captions, Coach etc) like this should've been handled privately but Martin went to the public about it instead. Many players questioned if they could ever trust a guy like that with sensitive info in a locker room. A lot of players tell other players stuff in confidential it won't be aired out in public. Martin broke that sacred bond with a team. Anthony made it quite clear this is one of the sacred bonds between players. He said theres stuff he wished he could tell me about teammates but the day he signed up for the NFL he signed a contract (Not physical one) where players protect each other and don't air dirty laundry out in public no matter how bad it maybe. Now if some thing happened that was already public go ahead and talk about it. 

For our sake I hope Dillard isn't a Martin who Lacks Mental Toughness though. I was not high on Dillard last year and hoped I was wrong about him but unfortunately right now Im looking like I was right on him. For whatever reason every 5-6 yrs we draft one of these guys for our Offensive line who lacks mental toughness. We really need to start giving these guys a physiological evaluation during the pre draft process. Weed out the mentally weak. 

Which is fine, but I think most LT's aren't asked to be versatile and play on the right so it's not really a knock on him. That said, I don't know if there's analysis on how many snaps he took at left vs right, and the sack numbers on each. Did he play on the left much?
according to this, he was bad at both and mostly played on the left.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-new-player-or-current-player-new-role-series-andre-dillard-edition/
Yeah, the prevailing narrative was that Dillard was really bad when thrown in the fire as  RT, but was decent/pretty-good when he filled in at LT. The tape/facts don't back that up; he didn't look good, period. 

Yeah, the prevailing narrative was that Dillard was really bad when thrown in the fire as  RT, but was decent/pretty-good when he filled in at LT. The tape/facts don't back that up; he didn't look good, period. 
Jimmy does mention he improved against the Bills and Bears but cited weather in the Bills game and an early lead in the Bears game. Seems reluctant to give him any credit though  

Regardless, the kid played 5 games and had 2 good and 3 bad. One he was completely out of position and that was his worst game. If you toss that one out it’s an even split 🤷‍♂️

If you want Peters’ leadership I’m good with that but he’s going to be cooked sooner rather than later. The Dillard bashing feels like Seamolu. Sometimes it takes time and reps for kids to develop. 

The coaching head of this team is a triumvirate. Doug, Schwartz and Stoutland seem to have similar pull. The JP/Dilliard thing is clearly a Stoutland decision. 

Ya I'll admit, I thought generally he was better at LT than RT but I guess I didn't fact check.  Am surprised seeing how bad he was at LT actually. 

Seems like the Eagles don't overly believe in him either.  The rumors of us trading him at the draft (which may have been fake, but who knows), the fact that we want to bring JP back, etc doesn't show a lot of confidence.  Slowly over the week I've gone from wanting Dillard to get 70% of the snaps, to 50%, to 30% and now down to about 25%. 

Whether he benefits from JP's leadership or not, I am now 100% on board with the fact that JP should come back and start.... and Dillard can gain experience, knowledge, and reps and be ready to step in any time JP is hurt.

We are going after Carols Hyde.
Want a laugh?

There's some crazy stuff going in the NFL. First Clowney to the Eagles now Some reddit user on the Seahawks reddit went on a local radio show saying Myles Garret is going to Sea. User is named get this "EveryoneLovezNudez" and he successful reported well in advance that SEA was cutting Justin Britt.

He says to the local radio show that the Browns since the Rudolph incident have not been happy with Garret and there's dysfunction in the org about wanting to keep him or not. I myself heard bits and pieces around the league on Garret over the past several months since this occurred. One thing I (Me Djac) heard was if the Browns had made the playoffs and wasn't suspended the rest of the year he would not even play in the playoffs for them. There was some in the org after this incident who were so embarrassed they wanted Garret outright gone this offseason. This reddit guy even says theres some debating in the Browns org what to do with Myles as well. Half want to keep him other half want him completely gone. I did hear the Browns like every team look into what they can get for players even for research purposes or later on if something were to happen. Garret's name was thrown out there but nothing ever serious was talked about. One reason I'm posting this is if this happens then it's a big news story in the NFL. Other reason is I figured we could all use a nice laugh. Not sure whats more entertaining. This guys SN or saying Garret is going to Sea.

KJ Wright a 2nd and 7th RD pick to to Browns Garret to Sea. was the rumor he reported. Kind of crazy if this happens and given how 2020 has gone nothing will shock me anymore.

Yeah I wouldn’t understand Hyde. Not now anyway. I’d rather take my chances with Lamar Miller it even Peyton Barber over him at the moment. Scott might be smaller but he runs like a bruiser. 

Yeah I wouldn’t understand Hyde. Not now anyway. I’d rather take my chances with Lamar Miller it even Peyton Barber over him at the moment. Scott might be smaller but he runs like a bruiser. 
Might be cheaper then the others but I think we got a Bruiser in Holyfield. Don't think they want Lamar do to injury history. Kind of surprised someone didn't pick up Barber yet 

Might be cheaper then the others but I think we got a Bruiser in Holyfield. Don't think they want Lamar do to injury history. Kind of surprised someone didn't pick up Barber yet 
If speed is the name of the game Holyfield won’t make the team. We’ll see how serious they are about this approach 

If speed is the name of the game Holyfield won’t make the team. We’ll see how serious they are about this approach 
We've seen in the past even SB season the team is way more successful with a good running game and having a big bulldozer of a back to get those short yards

Count me as a hater of potentially signing Hyde for FF purposes. 

But I guess I'd be OK with him for the NFL season as a "hammer"

But Carlos Hyde has never excited me. Even less so at age 29.

agree i would rather them just run holyfield out there
He rushed for 1000 yards last year, I don't think he's a total slouch.  And he could be cheap.  I don't see a ton of downside, even if he's old and not getting it done, we have others who can step into the backup roll.

Jimmy Kempski gave a teaser about the subject for his next deep-dive into the tape: Darius Slay. His tackling attempts in 2019 were "almost comical":

He can cover. That's clear, and it's what matters most. However, I don't know if I've ever seen any player as uninterested in tackling as Slay was last season. It's almost comical. Maybe he just hated his HC and didn't play for him, and he's going to play harder here. I don't know. That's not exactly great either, but it's probably the best they can hope for as far as his tackling goes.

The Noid said:
Jimmy Kempski gave a teaser about the subject for his next deep-dive into the tape: Darius Slay. His tackling attempts in 2019 were "almost comical":
How much worse can it get then Asante Samuel and Deion Sanders lack of interest? 

Really? Thought they would have disappeared after that awful rap video they did. Take the L, move on. 
I mean, playing the "I wonder what if" game is fine and we all do it, but the consistent and absolute conviction many Saints fans have had since then is what's hilarious. And the extra step of beating the Patriots would have been another foregone conclusion is the cherry on top. 

I mean, playing the "I wonder what if" game is fine and we all do it, but the consistent and absolute conviction many Saints fans have had since then is what's hilarious. And the extra step of beating the Patriots would have been another foregone conclusion is the cherry on top. 
Yeah. I mean i have heard so many "if Dez caught it" scenarios over the years, b/c they were going to march in and take out Seattle and also beat Brady in the Super Bowl that year. 

Neither fans' franchises have much room if you ask me w the way the Saints were bountie'ing guys up and the non stop signing of turds in Dallas. 

Ok rant over. Stop crying is all really. 

I can't count how many times I've had to ground a fellow Philly fan for getting too crazy with things like "If Kawhi's shot doesn't drop, the Sixers win the title." We still would have had to win in OT, let alone win another round in the Finals! Or if Alshon catches that pass the next year we beat the Saints and repeat in the Super Bowl. We still had to score a TD! 

Do I wish those things happened and we would have been able to see how things played out, and maybe we do win? Of course. But I'm not delusional enough to think if they were different I know the outcome for sure. 

I can't count how many times I've had to ground a fellow Philly fan for getting too crazy with things like "If Kawhi's shot doesn't drop, the Sixers win the title." We still would have had to win in OT, let alone win another round in the Finals! Or if Alshon catches that pass the next year we beat the Saints and repeat in the Super Bowl. We still had to score a TD! 

Do I wish those things happened and we would have been able to see how things played out, and maybe we do win? Of course. But I'm not delusional enough to think if they were different I know the outcome for sure. 
I still can't believe we were up 14-0 on the Saints and loss. The Foles Faithful seem to brush that performance under the rug some, but man we should have really beat them up. Losing Brooks was the turning point. 

The If Game is always fun.

The late 80’s/early 90’s Eagles are multiple time “I wonder what if” Super Bowl champions

I still can't believe we were up 14-0 on the Saints and loss. The Foles Faithful seem to brush that performance under the rug some, but man we should have really beat them up. Losing Brooks was the turning point. 

The If Game is always fun.
Saints just seem to own us in the playoffs

Two interesting fan-related rankings I saw recently:

Most pre-snap penalties drawn at home, last 5 seasons (per ESPN Stats):

1. Eagles 126
  2. Chiefs 112
  3. TItans 105
  4. Steelers 102
  5. Ravens/Cardinals 100
Forbes's "Most Passionate Sports Fans", across all sports:

1. Packers
  2. Patriots