What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2022 PGA Tour Thread - Memorial Tournament, LIV list leaked- It's all Paulina's Fault **** (3 Viewers)

Poor Rory hits one ball in the wiregrass and gets a 5x worse lie than Bryson has gotten hitting it there almost every single hole.

Dumbest rule in professional sports - forcing players to keep their own score…
Actually the other guy keeps score
But the golfer has to have his own score - since he is the one signing the scorecard.
You sign the scorecard the other guy fills out.

You can keep track of yours to make sure what you sign is accurate but you don't have too.

Not sure you can rely on the walking scorer to be official, not sure how to modernize it tbh

Is there a pending ‘Bryson’s redemption similar to Payne’s’ story coming?

I haven't been following LIV but has Bryson shed weight or trimmed down? He doesn't look as Hulkish.

I think he's going to win. Feel like he embraces this challenge and is built to sustain the weekend. I've got a couple futures bets on him and backed those bets at +400 this morning.

Paid for my entire Father's day expenses feeding 15 tonight with elk and bison. Thanks Bryson!!!!

Is there a pending ‘Bryson’s redemption similar to Payne’s’ story coming?

I haven't been following LIV but has Bryson shed weight or trimmed down? He doesn't look as Hulkish.

I think he's going to win. Feel like he embraces this challenge and is built to sustain the weekend. I've got a couple futures bets on him and backed those bets at +400 this morning.

Paid for my entire Father's day expenses feeding 15 tonight with elk and bison. Thanks Bryson!!!!
Bryson and Joe Rogan would be proud of your menu choices. :thumbup:

Over the first 69 holes of the Championship, Rory McIlroy 49-for-49 this week from inside 5'. He finished 50-for-52.

He was 496-for-496 putting inside 3 feet this season before the miss on 16.

That first miss by Rory was brutal. The second was a much tougher downhill left to right slider. One of the harder putts to have. But he dead yanked that first one. Thought Bryson’s shot on 18 was superhuman until I saw Johnson Wagner hit it even closer post round from the same spot. Though not major pressure

That first miss by Rory was brutal. The second was a much tougher downhill left to right slider. One of the harder putts to have. But he dead yanked that first one. Thought Bryson’s shot on 18 was superhuman until I saw Johnson Wagner hit it even closer post round from the same spot. Though not major pressure
Second time

Second time
And after Bryson explained how he hit his to Johnson. Still pretty cool to see.

Social media for public figures is not for the faint of heart, but I feel sorry for Rory. He should not be taking the abuse he is on social media.
It's too easy to say things on social media. Rory is bringing some of it on himself though by not answering questions. Phil talked to the media after his disastrous Winged Foot #18 double bogey. Norman talked to the media after his Masters meltdown in 96.

The moment was difficult, but fans expected to see Rory humbly offer his congrats to Bryson and then answer the tough questions he was gonna get. Not doing it is a REAL bad look.

Have to say... Rory.... head down, ignoring everything hyper focused on winning contrasted to Bryson, stopping to sign a handicapped kid's hat and then high fiving all the fans on the same walk between holes 3 minutes apart is gonna stick with some folks.

Social media for public figures is not for the faint of heart, but I feel sorry for Rory. He should not be taking the abuse he is on social media.
It's too easy to say things on social media. Rory is bringing some of it on himself though by not answering questions. Phil talked to the media after his disastrous Winged Foot #18 double bogey. Norman talked to the media after his Masters meltdown in 96.

The moment was difficult, but fans expected to see Rory humbly offer his congrats to Bryson and then answer the tough questions he was gonna get. Not doing it is a REAL bad look.

Have to say... Rory.... head down, ignoring everything hyper focused on winning contrasted to Bryson, stopping to sign a handicapped kid's hat and then high fiving all the fans on the same walk between holes 3 minutes apart is gonna stick with some folks.
I’m a Rory hater but he did high five the young man in the wheelchair before walking to the next tee.
The media hammered koepka when he skipped out on questions a few days ago so Rory should expect the same treatment. That said, this is still their job and I’m sure just like me they can’t wait to gtfo of there as soon as their done.

Fwiw, Rory stopped and shook hands with the same kid in the wheelchair.

If that's the same kid, he trys to go to every tournament

This is true. You either gotta go all in on it and take the good and the bad, or avoid it entirely. Problem is so many stars of all varieties want all the praise and good from it, but think they should be exempt from the bad. 95% of these guys do great things for charities, the game, etc. Rory should have sucked it up and interviewed, then we would all feel sympathetic for his collapse.

I for one am surprised Greg Norman has been so quiet. DeChambeau is top 4 in the world right now (Scheffler, Rory and Xander IMO the others). Yet Dechambeau is 6 spots behind Wyndham Clark in the OWGR despite finished T6 in Master, 2 in PGA, and winning the US Open. Norman jack *** that he is should be all over that. To me that mean Norman has been cast aside by the Saudis

Dechambeau has also only played in 10 points events to achieve that ranking. Meanwhile, Brian Harman in 11th, has needed 54 events to "earn" his OWGR ranking.

Last edited:
DeChambeau is by far the most entertaining player to watch. Sure he crushes the ball of the tee, but the guy has total game. Great touch around and on the greens. And he appears to be playing faster than in the past. Him signing the cap of the kid in wheelchair in between holes was total class. Quite a turnaround from the days where he clashed with Koepka and was being heckled by the fans.

Yeah, whoever is handling Bryson's PR deserves a MAJOR raise.

I've never thought he was a BAD guy. (compared to say Patrick Reed...who is a genuinely crappy person) His whole persona was just really tough to take between the slow play.....the constant crying for free drops (although plenty of other players obviously do that as well. The fact that I have to hit out of a fairway divot but they can get "line of sight" relief from an 8 inch wide TV tower 75 yards in front of them is fairly hilarious) and his general "I'm smarter than everyone" vibe. And then he obviously went to LIV, which didn't help.

He's mostly really good on Youtube and seems to genuinely enjoy interacting with the fans, so good for him (and good for the game). I think he's trying to step in and capture that "man of the people" role that Phil had (And unlike Phil, its not 100% phony) and use it for momentum going forward. But of course.....most of us will only see him play 5x a year (the majors and the Ryder/Pres cups)

Users who are viewing this thread