What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** 2024 Cakeboy League - I guess the draft has started. (1 Viewer)

I feel like some of you guys have an issue with how early we drafted. I'm not sure though. I may be misinterpreting.
To be fair, we have had years where the draft drug out until almost Opening Day with huge gaps of no picks.
I can’t remember any time when we weren’t done 3 weeks before the draft. Are you speaking about 10 years ago or more?

Last year we got done March 5th lmao
you are right. Was probably pre COVID at least.
Yea I remember it being a drag in the 00s when everybody was in that chat which probably created our current draft in February insanity but I don’t believe that’s been the case for a while. Oh well.

I feel like some of you guys have an issue with how early we drafted. I'm not sure though. I may be misinterpreting.
To be fair, we have had years where the draft drug out until almost Opening Day with huge gaps of no picks.
I can’t remember any time when we weren’t done 3 weeks before the draft. Are you speaking about 10 years ago or more?

Yea I remember it being a drag in the 00s when everybody was in that chat which probably created our current draft in February insanity but I don’t believe that’s been the case for a while. Oh well.
we also used to have cosjobs and snorecal in this leeg. damon simply disappeared for days on end and we could never quite reach the nurse’s station to get snorecal’s pics. they added at least a month to the draft. i am still baffled at how snorecal won this leeg postmortem. that’s simply our miracle on ice moment.

we also used to have cosjobs and snorecal in this leeg. damon simply disappeared for days on end and we could never quite reach the nurse’s station to get snorecal’s pics. they added at least a month to the draft. i am still baffled at how snorecal won this leeg postmortem. that’s simply our miracle on ice moment.
:lmao: probably the funniest thing that’s ever happened in a fantasy league. That honestly should have made the nightly news.

I might also consider another baseball league of one comes about.

And, I think I might try and get a women's ncaa tourney bracket contest going. Hmu.
Would anyone have any interest in starting a dynasty league with a draft starting ASAP? Could we get 12 guys between Cake and Pie and Serious Biz?

And, I think I might try and get a women's ncaa tourney bracket contest going. Hmu.
Would anyone have any interest in starting a dynasty league with a draft starting ASAP? Could we get 12 guys between Cake and Pie and Serious Biz?
i’m up for something, not dynasty. i would like some alternate scoring cats. interested. maybe total bases, wins minus losses, net steals, ops….yadda

I have a small amount of interest which means if you get close and peer pressure me i'll give in and join.

Ehhh I dont know, I did one in the past it’s too much minor league watching for me. I barely pay attention at the MLB level

I’d maybe take over someone’s team next year

I do think we need to shut waivers off entirely until the season starts if we continue to draft a month before the season starts. Guys scooping up new closers absent any sort of orderly fashion is complete ********.

I do think we need to shut waivers off entirely until the season starts if we continue to draft a month before the season starts. Guys scooping up new closers absent any sort of orderly fashion is complete ********.

There's been a total of like 8 transactions so far. I'm not sure what you mean about "orderly fashion". This has always been a free-for-all league except for guys that are actually on waivers (recently dropped or called up and not already in Yahoo database). Everyone has the same access to all players right now.

Also, the season started today.

going to saves plus holds kind of eliminates the closer run. closers have no more value than other relief turds now. if someone wants to pick up a ninth inning pitcher on the off chance they get a save, let them knock themselves out. but, i wish we had IR+ spots, lord knows everyone is DTD.

going to saves plus holds kind of eliminates the closer run. closers have no more value than other relief turds now. if someone wants to pick up a ninth inning pitcher on the off chance they get a save, let them knock themselves out. but, i wish we had IR+ spots, lord knows everyone is DTD.
Rud added NA spots to the hockey league and that might also be worth considering for baseball.

There's been a total of like 8 transactions so far. I'm not sure what you mean about "orderly fashion". This has always been a free-for-all league except for guys that are actually on waivers (recently dropped or called up and not already in Yahoo database). Everyone has the same access to all players right now.

Also, the season started today.

If this were fantasy football and we completed our draft on August 10th, I hope that you would agree that any free agent/waiver transactions be restricted until right before the season starts and followed an orderly process reverse of the draft.

We've only had 8 transactions? It should be zero. I don't know how to account for these Korean games, got me there.

I don't really care. I suck regardless.

Can we overreact to results yet? All pitching seems awful, or dead. Awful or dead. Brutal Next year, let's just have 10 offencive cats.

If this were fantasy football and we completed our draft on August 10th, I hope that you would agree that any free agent/waiver transactions be restricted until right before the season starts and followed an orderly process reverse of the draft.

All shticking aside, I'm honestly not sure what it is you have an issue with. We've always had an open transaction period in this league. We all have access to the same players. I wouldn't expect anyone to ignore baseball news between the draft and start of the season.

All shticking aside, I'm honestly not sure what it is you have an issue with. We've always had an open transaction period in this league. We all have access to the same players. I wouldn't expect anyone to ignore baseball news between the draft and start of the season.

Sometimes, I just like to complain.

Well, give it a break please.

Would be nice if Yahoo would put guys on the IL that are on the IL.

Who? I don't think it's up to Yahoo, it's up to the teams. Typically they wait until needed right before first game. I'm sure there is a financial reason for it but don't know.

I vote for MORE complaining

I vote for MORE complaining
can we bring this to a vote and get it changed to allow complaining? kind of like holds and saves….

Who? I don't think it's up to Yahoo, it's up to the teams. Typically they wait until needed right before first game. I'm sure there is a financial reason for it but don't know.
Ok, then specifically I need the reigning, defending World Champion Texas Rangers to put DeGrom on the IL, so I can have my mascot for the season.

Ok, then specifically I need the reigning, defending World Champion Texas Rangers to put DeGrom on the IL, so I can have my mascot for the season.
Got that IL tag on DeGrom, and about to get the NA tag removed from Langford as he has made the Opening Day roster. Good little day for #buttstuff.

My favorite time of year when I look at a random "6 DEEP sleepers you MUST pick up NOW" article and I look at the list, and none of the guys made it to round 18 in this stupid league.
both Pie and Cake drafts were quite remarkable on the deep sleepers in the draft

also, is it time for an mlb rule change that a SP qualifies for a win if they throw 3 or 4 innings. making anyone pitch 5 innings nowadays is futile.

Users who are viewing this thread