What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official - 2024 Major League Baseball Thread - It's a Holliday In Baltimodia, Where People Dress in Orange*** (4 Viewers)

Congrats to the Phillies fans. Maybe a magical run nobody expects like the Braves last year.

Braves pitching was garbage all series but credit Phillies bats - felt like Atlanta put all their eggs in the winning the division basket and just were flat.
Pitching being off and the bats being ice cold are not a good combination. Kind of crazy, but the only team that had a bye and is cruising is the Astros. Gotta wonder if the time off actually ended up being a net negative.

But at same time, Phillies totally earned it. They just seemed to want it more overall. The pitching was fantastic and they put together patient at bats mixed with timely home runs.

Congrats to the Phillies fans. Maybe a magical run nobody expects like the Braves last year.

Braves pitching was garbage all series but credit Phillies bats - felt like Atlanta put all their eggs in the winning the division basket and just were flat.
Pitching being off and the bats being ice cold are not a good combination. Kind of crazy, but the only team that had a bye and is cruising is the Astros. Gotta wonder if the time off actually ended up being a net negative.

But at same time, Phillies totally earned it. They just seemed to want it more overall. The pitching was fantastic and they put together patient at bats mixed with timely home runs.

The Astros definitely aren't cruising. They may be up 2-0 but it could easily be 0-2 without the Alvarez heroics.

Zero runs through 16 innings in Seattle. What a day at the park for those fans.
with some of the worst air quality imaginable

I walked 1/2 mile outside today and thought my lungs were going to explode. What a miserable time to play a game.

ETA: I guess two games, in total.
I golfed and walked the course and didn’t really notice. But probably was the equivalent of smoking a couple pacs of Camels :lol:

I golfed and walked the course and didn’t really notice. But probably was the equivalent of smoking a couple pacs of Camels :lol:

I'm sure it depends upon where in the area you are. I think you're right in the city? I'm a ferry ride across the Sound, and it could be worse here. Or perhaps I'm just in worse shape. I can't testify as to a couple packs of Camels, though. :lol:

I'm sure it depends upon where in the area you are. I think you're right in the city? I'm a ferry ride across the Sound, and it could be worse here. Or perhaps I'm just in worse shape. I can't testify as to a couple packs of Camels, though. :lol:

Just looked up our air quality here, and it is at 162 right now. That's...ungood considering it would have been much higher earlier in the day.

Yep. A few miles north of downtown and golfed up in Mukilteo. Def was smokey looking. We walked slow, I zig zagged my way across quite a few holes.

SEATTLE—In a shocking revelation that carries grim echoes of the team’s sign stealing in the 2017 and 2018 seasons, multiple players on the Houston Astros were caught Saturday politely asking the Seattle Mariners’ catcher for a little heads-up on the pitch selection. “Hey, man, if you wouldn’t mind letting me know whether he’s going to throw a fastball or curveball, I’d really appreciate it,” Astros second baseman Jose Altuve was heard to utter to Mariners catcher Cal Raleigh in audio provided by a whistleblowing T-Mobile Park staff member. The release of audio conclusively exposing the Astros’ asking-nicely program comes on the heels of several prior allegations made by opposing teams that they’d heard the Astros asking catchers to at least tell them where in the strike zone the pitch was going to be. Anonymous MLB sources have claimed the scandal encompasses multiple Astros staff members, including bench coach Joe Espada, who was seen giving signs to hitters reminding them to say “please.” At press time, an MLB investigation revealed that multiple Astros players had also attempted to unfairly influence the game’s outcome by respectfully informing the first base umpire that it would mean the world to them if he called them safe.

This might be the worst playoff game Ive ever seen. This game is a prime example of why baseball sucks. Nobody can shorten their swing and put the ball in play. This game may last ‘Til Tuesday.

It ain't over til the skinny blonde lady sings

The New York Yankees were 167-0 in MLB #PostseasonMLB_Postseason_Postseason_2022.png history when leading by multiple runs entering the ninth inning… until tonight.

my kid had been sending me videos all night, that noise in the 7th was nuts as was it in the 9th. I guess he’s going tuesday to see the padres and phillies. he’s gonna be hung over as **** tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread