What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official - 2024 Major League Baseball Thread - Mahomes is Better At Baseball Than Jose Abreu*** (3 Viewers)

The Bartolo Colon body isn't for everybody...

IMHO, Bartolo Colon's body might have kept him out of the HoF. He had devastating stuff when he was with Cleveland. He pitched in the teeth of the steroid era and had some pretty good stats considering everybody in the league was juiced or on amphetamines, and we've seen how the absence of the combination of both of those has been affecting hitting.

Last edited:
The Bartolo Colon body isn't for everybody...

IMHO, Bartolo Colon's body might have kept him out of the HoF. He had devastating stuff when he was with Cleveland. He pitched in the teeth of the steroid era and had some pretty good stats considering everybody in the league was juiced or on amphetamines, and we've seen how the absence of the combination of both of those has affecting hitting.
Colon was suspended for PEDs

Has he considered or has anybody suggested weight loss? The Bartolo Colon body isn't for everybody.....
I haven't checked or compared but I don't think he is much different size wise than he has been the past couple years. But slimmer will likely be a benefit regardless.

This from Feb SI....

MLB analyst Anthony Recker criticized Blue Jays pitcher Alek Manoah for his level of conditioning, and the Toronto ace responded … emphatically.

On MLB Tonight on Wednesday, Recker said “Alek Manoah. I love you, Alek … just show me you’re willing to put a little more time in the gym and you’re gonna be there consistently for a bit longer. I still love you.”

Recker might love Manoah, but the feeling apparently isn’t mutual. The comments from Recker didn’t sit well with the 6’ 6”, 285-pound Manoah, who is the odds-on favorite to be Toronto’s Opening Day starter this spring. Manoah took Recker to task on Twitter, which sparked a back-and-forth exchange between the two.

“Hey [Anthony Recker], my job isn’t to please you,” Manoah wrote. “You are an outsider. You don’t know me or my work ethic. What I do in the gym has clearly worked. Check the numbers…sucks you can’t say the same for yourself.”

Recker tried to diffuse the situation in a response to the tweet, but things only got worse.

“Don’t let someone throw a video out of context at you and get you upset,” Recker tweeted back. “You’re an incredible talent man and I’d love to see you make the most of that. I hope I see you continue to get better and be great for a long time. I wish I had even a tiny speck of the talent you do. This was never meant to be shade…obviously someone wanted to make it seem that way.”

Manoah fired back once again, as he clearly thought Recker’s response was insincere.

“You’re just like everyone else. Love to talk and then wanna say sorry when you get called out. If you wanna see an All-Star, First-Team All-MLB and Cy Young finalist trains, come meet me at Manoah Driven.”

Manoah Driven is a Miami gym owned by Manoah and his brother Eric where Manoah trains in the offseason. Manoah Driven made sure to tweet out a video of Manoah training to have its say in the Twitter feud.

Optioned just now.

Manoah was optioned to the Blue Jays' Florida Complex League affiliate Tuesday, Rob Longley of the Toronto Sun reports.

Advice: The move comes one day after Manoah was pummeled for six runs while recording just one out in a loss to the Astros to push his ERA on the season to 6.85. The Blue Jays sending Manoah all the way down to their FCL affiliate figures to mean he won't be pitching in any games right away and instead will be working on mechanics and other things in hopes of regaining his old form. He'll likely be put into the Triple-A Buffalo rotation once he's deemed ready, with the hope that he'll eventually return to Toronto.

(Rotowire.com)

Name a starting pitcher worse than fat *** Alek Manoah. 7 walks tonight. :lmao:
Update: Manoah still sucks. 0.1 innings, 7 hits, 1 BB, 6 ER tonight.
At this point, don’t the Jays just need to send the guy down to the minors? They’re a playoff team and cannot afford to keep wasting games every fifth day.
They're pitching situation below the big club is a disaster. They probably waited because they truly have no reasonable options to replace him. Not sure how their minor leagues got so gutted but it's pretty ugly.

He's lost mentally now. Glad they optioned him today. Leave him down there for a long time to figure it out.

Colon was suspended for PEDs

I wasn't aware of that. Probably torpedoes his candidacy before it was ever even considered.

But my general point was about how he would have been even more otherworldly if he had just taken care of his body to the degree that it was possible to do so.

Rays v Rangers... :popcorn:
You going at all? I think I’ll go Sunday for Shane.
Going tomorrow! First game of the year…really excited. Used to go to 25+ a year so I miss it. Will also be 2nd game for our 5 yr old…and he’s fired up.
Went Tuesday night when they beat the Twins 7-0. Very lively outfield atmosphere. Finished before 9:00 pm also with the early start time and new rules.

It's Elly time in Cinci
On his double, which has an exit velo of 112, he made it to second in 7.74 seconds.

The Reds could be really fun to watch.
Yeah I think they’re on the cusp.
I forget what poster is, pretty sure it's cappella, but he deserves this, that fella has been rooting for the real red stockings for some time now. I too, find myself rooting for him and his team.

GO CAPELLAR AND CINCI!

It's Elly time in Cinci
On his double, which has an exit velo of 112, he made it to second in 7.74 seconds.

I forget what poster is, pretty sure it's cappella, but he deserves this, that fella has been rooting for the real red stockings for some time now. I too, find myself rooting for him and his team.

GO CAPELLAR AND CINCI!
@shuke

It's Elly time in Cinci

GO CAPELLAR AND CINCI!

:lmao: at the thought of @Capella rooting for the Reds.

The orioles seem to have a loaded farm system.

Well, when you're bad for 20 years, it'll happen. See Astros, Houston.
It hasn't worked for the Tigers. :cry:

Man, I thought the Tigers were on the cusp of greatness with Verlander and Scherzer. I watched Verlander pitch the season he won MVP and was convinced the Tigers were going to win the World Series. Wife's family are all Tiger fans, so I know the anguish of late.

Manoah allowed 11 runs in less than 3 innings in a rookie ball game. The guy is officially toast. Can’t recall seeing someone so talented fall this hard and fast overnight.

I was born in 75; babe ruth was done by 1935, when was the last freak like Ohtani played? Bo was awesome but even he wasn’t Ohtani. man I hope he goes the route of Ichiro and stays one team. He just threw a 100 mph fast ball then a 65 mph change up in the 4th inning…. oh yeah after homering in the first inning

Manoah allowed 11 runs in less than 3 innings in a rookie ball game. The guy is officially toast. Can’t recall seeing someone so talented fall this hard and fast overnight.
This was treated like a spring training game. There is potential that he was working on something very specific and wasn't trying to get outs necessarily. Maybe just trying to spot his fastball.

Don't get me wrong it's not a good sign however it might not be as bad as it seems.

This was treated like a spring training game. There is potential that he was working on something very specific and wasn't trying to get outs necessarily. Maybe just trying to spot his fastball.

Don't get me wrong it's not a good sign however it might not be as bad as it seems.

Has he lost any weight?

Yeah I think the manager alluded to this. But damn that’s a lot of runs to give up to a bunch of teenagers. I mean this guy was 3rd in line for the cy young last year.

Users who are viewing this thread