What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** 25th Amendment Thread (3 Viewers)

I suppose you prefer the Obama alternative, higher taxes AND higher spending and deficits.  I feel like I continue to repeat myself.  I said it above, I'll say it again.  Since neither side seems particularly worried about spending and deficits, I prefer the side that taxes me the least.
Weren't you the one who just said Trump's spending was the same as Obama's?  Meaning Obama's spending was not higher.

I suppose you prefer the Obama alternative, higher taxes AND higher spending and deficits.  I feel like I continue to repeat myself.  I said it above, I'll say it again.  Since neither side seems particularly worried about spending and deficits, I prefer the side that taxes me the least.
:goodposting:

Saying that ignores the situations of spending out of a recession and how things settled on n how 2nd term.  Vs increases in spending and reduction in revenue during good economic times.

Weren't you the one who just said Trump's spending was the same as Obama's?  Meaning Obama's spending was not higher.

Yes.  I said the Trump budget spending was slightly below what Obama spent in 2016, (until COVID).  I also said I wished Trump had pushed to reduced spending more.  I said that neither side seems particularly interest in reducing spending or the deficit.  I also said I prefer to pay less taxes.  Anything else you need to know?

Yes.  I said the Trump budget spending was slightly below what Obama spent in 2016, (until COVID).  I also said I wished Trump had pushed to reduced spending more.  I said that neither side seems particularly interest in reducing spending or the deficit.  I also said I prefer to pay less taxes.  Anything else you need to know?
The bolded in these don't match.  If spending is more or less the same (and I'm not quibbling with your use of spending as a percentage of GDP rather than "spending") and Obama had more revenue then how do you get that the Obama alternative = higher spending and deficits?

The bolded in these don't match.  If spending is more or less the same (and I'm not quibbling with your use of spending as a percentage of GDP rather than "spending") and Obama had more revenue then how do you get that the Obama alternative = higher spending and deficits?

Because I compared the Obama budget in 2016, not the one's that go back to the beginning of his Presidency.  Here is a spending to gdp for a larger time period.  Look at Obama's first 5 years in office.  Crazy spending, bear in mind the recession was over in June 2009.  Look at the Obama spending in 2010, 2011 and 2012.  It wasn't until 2013 that Obama reduced the spending to the level that Trump did in 2018/2019.  

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/FYONGDA188S

Not to someone with memory issues.  I’m being  serious.
I think the totality of the evidence -- not just this one crib sheet, but the general way that Biden's staff "manages" him -- makes it clear that the people closest to him, who interact with him on a daily basis, see him as seriously impaired.

This is the second president in a row that is literally mentally unfit to hold office.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the totality of the evidence -- not just this one crib sheet, but the general way that Biden's staff "manages" him -- makes it clear that the people closest to him, who interact with him on a daily basis, see him as seriously impaired.
I agree.  My mother is in worse shape than Biden, but I see the exact same things she was going thru 4-5 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread