What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 5th Pick in 12 team league (1 Viewer)

JAK Straw

Footballguy
Would like to hear thoughts on this spot. I currently like taking whichever of the top 5 RBs is available here, but that may change if Foster's hamstring doesn't improve or CJ continues his holdout. Assuming RB taken in 1st, ADP would suggest Nicks, Jennings or possibly Fitz will be there in 2nd. Then 3rd to me is something like Austin or Bradshaw. If you go for Austin, 4th doesn't seem to offer much at RB, so would be best to take another WR (Dez, Marshall or Welker?) and take Ingram if he's there, or one of Felix Jones or Ryan Grant in 5th. Then go QB (Big Ben perhaps?) in 6th.

Alternately if taking Bradshaw in the 3rd, would still go WR in 4th, and again in 5th, choosing from say Lloyd or Stevie Johnson.

What are others sitting at #5 thinking?

I have the 5th pick in my league this year. I have mock drafted at least once day for the last week. I usually get rice or charles sitting at 5. In the second I have never seen Nicks or Fitz there. Jennings is there as well as V Jackson. I usually take V jack or the best running back available.

My league is a little bit different because we only start 2 WR (no flex). It is the first year we have expanded to 12 teams after more than 10 years of 10 teams, so I am very interested to see what others are looking at doing from this spot. Additionally, we are doing third round flip so it adds a few selections before my pick in the 3rd round.

At the 5, I am definitely going to take the 5th RB. I think value falls off a cliff after the top 5 so I want to make sure I'm in on that. It looks like it will be Charles but could change with Foster's injury or CJ's holdout.

In the 2nd round, in the mocks I've done (which are all 3WR), one of Fitz or Nicks gets there about 60% of the time. If one is there, I plan to grab one. If not, the choice gets tougher. I do not like any receivers outside of the top 5 enough to grab one here, so this may be the toughest pick of the entire draft.

With only 2 WR, the VBD of WR falls quite a bit but people still seem to grab their starting 2 at around the same spots. I usually like to have 1 "stud" and then grab 2 fringe guys hoping one of them rises to the top. Does Anyone else play in a 2 WR league?

I have the 5th pick in our league, and after drafting one of the big 5 running backs, if Nicks is there in the 2nd, Im running to the draft board to get him.

We start QB, RB, 2WR, TE, K, Def 2 Flex (RB.WR.TE)

I think V. Jack will be a beast this year. Playing for a new contract. I have no problem taking him there in the second. It just depends on the rbs left on the board.

Standard 12 team non-ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/K/D league draft results from the 5th slot this afternoon. A lot of guys I wanted got taken a couple of picks before mine and I reached on a couple of players, but overall I am pretty satisfied with my team. WR could use a little bit more depth but I'm hoping Harvin/Collie outperform their ADP.

4.08- Ben Roethlisberger, QB

12.08- Joe Flacco, QB

1.05- Ray Rice, RB

3.05- Matt Forte, RB

7.05- Ryan Grant, RB

8.08- Fred Jackson, RB

15.05 Javon Ringer, RB

2.08- Hakeem Nicks, WR

5.05- Percy Harvin, WR

6.08- Austin Collie, WR

11.05- Lance Moore, WR

14.08- Denarius Moore, WR

10.08- Rob Gronkowski, TE

13.05- Greg Olsen, TE

16.08 Alex Henery, PK

9.05- Green Bay, ST/DEF

Got the 5th in a 12 team non-ppr. In the mocks I've done, I've gone RB/WR almost every time except in one fluke mock where McFadden dropped to me in the 2nd. I don't expect that to happen in a real draft. In the 2nd I'm usually faced with one of VJax/Jennings/sometimes Nicks or Gore/SJax. Temper to go with Gore at that spot but usually go WR since I like the RBs I see in the 4th (Grant, Ingram).

I've been going bcd and forth between picking another WR in the 3rd but also tried a stud QB like Brees as well. Both turned out pretty well since the RB and WR value in the 4th through 6th is pretty high IMO.

But the wait-on-a-QB side of me prefers to go WR in the 3rd (TB Mike, DeShaun, Wallace, Bowe), best available RB in the 4th, and in the 5th I like the WRs and RBs I'm seeing, so I usually wait til the 6th to grab Big Ben, Ryan or Freeman. I'll go Romo in the 5th if he's there but not Ewing that often.

I'm in a non-TE-mandatory league, to the FFC mock does skew things a bit by letting some players drop a hair further thatn they would in my leagues. W also start 3WRs but I'm definitely leaning towards having 4RBs in the first 7 rounds, with 2 WRs ( if I go WR in rounds 2 and 3 and they're 2nd tier guys) and my QB. I'll grab a few WRs in the next few rounds to find my WR3. I like to avoid RB situations like Washington so going RB more often earlier in the draft (Addai screams value to me this year, for instance) I can mostly ignore RB for the next few rounds and go WR and backup QB.

All that said, I have no freakin' clue how my real draft will go next week and will probably throw this all away :)

I think the 5th spot gets tougher in the 1st round the longer CJ holds out. As each day passes, it gets more and more likely that the owner in the 5 spot will have to decide on whether or not they take CJ or let him slip past and go with your favorite of McCoy, Mendenhall or AJ (but, man, going WR in a non-ppr in the 5 spot makes my stomach turn)

I think the 5th spot gets tougher in the 1st round the longer CJ holds out. As each day passes, it gets more and more likely that the owner in the 5 spot will have to decide on whether or not they take CJ or let him slip past and go with your favorite of McCoy, Mendenhall or AJ (but, man, going WR in a non-ppr in the 5 spot makes my stomach turn)
WR does seem like a stretch, but anyone at the 5 spot considering a QB? (6pt/passing TD leagues) I'm big on finding a low-risk consistent point scorer in the first round and QBs fly off the board in my 14-team league, so if I pass on a QB, it's likely Rodgers, Vick, Brady, Brees, Manning, Rivers, and possibly even Romo will be gone by the 2nd round. Also curious when folks in the 5 spot who are looking to draft an elite TE are planning on pulling the trigger. The TE run usually begins early in the 4th round in our league.Upside-down drafting is feeling more and more like reaching from this draft slot. Thoughts?

Any actual draft results from the past week from the 5 slot that anyone would like to share?

I drafted last night from the 5 spot. We start 1qb,1rb,2wrs,1def,1k with 2 flex(rb/wr/te). Standard scoring with 4pt pass td. Here is what I got.

1.05 Rashard Mendenhall(wanted Rice he went 3rd, could not bring myself to take CJ)

2.06 Vincent Jackson( I went with him over Nicks, debated on Forte)

3.05 Felix Jones( I wanted him this year, but new with 2 Cowboy fans drafting after me he would not make it back)

4.06 Dwayne Bowe( Debated on taking Lloyd)

5.05 Shone Greene

6.06 Mario Manningham

7.05 Matt Schaub (last team to take a qb, was gonna wait one more round, but got nervous)

8.06 C.J. Spiiler

9.05 Willis Mcgahee

10.06 Joe Flacco

11.05 New England( I know early but 7 were already off the board)

12.06 Greg Little

13.05 Jacoby Ford

14.06 Colt Mccoy

15.05 Delony Carter

16.06 Isaac Redman

17.05 Jason Hanson

18.06 Vince Young( there wasn't much left, so I took a flyer that if Vick gets hurt I could deal with the Vick owner)

I drafted last night from the 5 spot. We start 1qb,1rb,2wrs,1def,1k with 2 flex(rb/wr/te). Standard scoring with 4pt pass td. Here is what I got.1.05 Rashard Mendenhall(wanted Rice he went 3rd, could not bring myself to take CJ)2.06 Vincent Jackson( I went with him over Nicks, debated on Forte)3.05 Felix Jones( I wanted him this year, but new with 2 Cowboy fans drafting after me he would not make it back)4.06 Dwayne Bowe( Debated on taking Lloyd)5.05 Shone Greene6.06 Mario Manningham7.05 Matt Schaub (last team to take a qb, was gonna wait one more round, but got nervous)8.06 C.J. Spiiler9.05 Willis Mcgahee10.06 Joe Flacco11.05 New England( I know early but 7 were already off the board)12.06 Greg Little13.05 Jacoby Ford14.06 Colt Mccoy15.05 Delony Carter16.06 Isaac Redman17.05 Jason Hanson18.06 Vince Young( there wasn't much left, so I took a flyer that if Vick gets hurt I could deal with the Vick owner)
I like that team. I think I'm going to do the same thing at 1.5 and go Mendenhall if CJ is the only one of the Big 5 RBs remaining. I'll take a safe RB who finished rb7 in my league last year at the 5 spot. The rest of your first 8 or 9 rounds looks a lot like many of the mocks I've done.I need to lock down what my cut off is going to be for drafting a RB in round 3. I usually end up going WR there but need to get some WR and RB tiers together to see which one makes more sense in my draft. Green in the 5th is surprising this year. Not totally sold on him but to get a guy that the team claims will be the workhorse bck in the 5th looks like great value to me. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are slightly different, than OP, but thought I'd still put down 5th pick in 10 team league. PPR (.5RB,.75WR,1.0TE), pretty standard scoring otherwise, 6TD. We start 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 3 OFF Flex (incl TEs), 1K, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 1 Def Flex. We also have to roster 6 defenders

My results:

1.05 - J Charles

2.06 - L Fitzgerald (Rogers went @ 1.04, Vick 1.07, Brady 2.01, Rivers 2.02, Brees 2.03

3.05 - J Witten

4.06 - T Romo

5.05 - M Williams (TB)

6.06 - P Harvin

7.05 - C Benson

8.06 - G Olson

9.05 - B Green Ellis

10.06 - J Stewart

11.05 - B Edwards

12.06 - L Evans

13.05 - D Thomas

14.06 - N Burleson

15.05 - E Manning

Rd 16 - 22 defense and kicker

Gives a team of

QB - Romo, E Manning

RB - Charles, Benson, Green-Ellis, Steward, D Thomas

WR - Fitzgerald, M Williams, Harvin, Evans, Edwards

TE - Witten, Olson

K - J Brown

I was pretty happy with this. While teams were filling out rosters on defenders as early as round 7 (Patrick Willis), I decided to grab depth at WR. I didn't have a choice for depth at RB, since I don't really like Benson at RB#2. I almost plan to go Charles as my lone RB most of the season, unless Benson has a good matchup (which may not be very often)...

Just drafted from the 5th spot:

QB: Romo, Newton

RB: Rice, Ingram, Matthews, Lynch, Carter

WR: Nicks, Austin, Green, Ford, Sims-Walker, Benn

TE: Keller

D/ST: Patriots

K: Gostkowski

Was hoping for Graham or Gronk at TE, but teams started taking a second TE before I had even picked my first.

My plan at 5:

1st- Take whoever's left between Charles & McCoy (not a big fan of Mendy, hes too blah & Im passing on Johnson).

2nd- Take a WR1. Hopefully Nicks or VJax are there

3rd- FJones- I have to have him this year. This may be reaching but no chance he slips back down to me in the 4th.

4th- bap @ WR or RB

5th- If Big Ben is still here take him otherwise BAP

6th- Guys like Hightower & Wells interest me

7th- if I still dont have a QB take Ryan, Eli, or maybe even wait more for Stafford

TE- Planning on waiting late and taking 2 of Cook, Olsen, Gronkowski, Hernandez & hoping one sticks. I dont mind taking TEs back to back with this strategy

Basically my plan this year is to take as many RBs as possible and wait on QB & TE.

Picked #5 yesterday

Roethlesberger- 4.7 (qb's flew and I reached a little maybe

Stafford- 9.5

Rice 1.5- Vick went in top 4.

F. Jones 5.5

B. Jacobs 8.7

Mcgahee 10.7

J. Harper 15.5

Nicks 2.7

Fitzgerald 3.5

S. Johnson 6.7

S. Moss 7.5

B. Edwards 11.5

J. Ford 12.7

Suisham

Giants

12 team league, drafting from the 5 hole..

QB-

Romo

Orton

RB-

McCoy

Ingram

F. Jackson

Moreno

Hardesty

WR-

Fitz

D. Jackson

Garcon

Ford

R. Williams

TE-

Daniels

Cook

K-

Suisham

Def-

New England

Will only run through the first ten round of my FBG FFPC draft (12 team league, PPR - 1.5 for TE's - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, K, Def). Will try to give ppl an idea of who else was around at each pick.

1.05 - LeSean McCoy RB, PHI - top four picks as expected with CJ3 falling all the way to 1.11

2.08 - Frank Gore RB, SFO - a few subscribers to upside down drafting saw 7 receivers off the board already with Gore being BPA

3.05 - Michael Vick QB, PHI - had hoped to hold off a QB but Vick here was too good to pass up vs. other options of Bowe, Austin or Finley at TE

4.08 - Brandon Lloyd WR, DEN - choice of D-Jax, Welker, Holmes, Colston but chose Lloyd with Orton at QB

5.05 - DeAngelo Williams RB, CAR - hoped to go WR but felt it was too early for my next best WR (Santana Moss) other RB's left on the board included Hightower, Wells and Moreno

6.08 - Jeremy Maclin WR, PHI - and another Eagles.......killing myself come bye week but at this point Maclin's upside too good to ignore. Amendola the next WR off the board followed by Ocho.

7.05 - A.J. Green WR, CIN - should see plenty of targets with the Bengals forced to throw more than they'd like. Collie another strong consideration but with ?'s around Maclin went for the safer choice. Jacobs, Daniel Thomas and Tolbert all off the board before the end of the round.

8.08 - Davone Bess WR, MIA - Amendola lite and always catches plenty of footballs for PPR purposes. Next three WR's to go are Braylon, Knox and Sidney Rice

9.05 - Darren Sproles RB, NOR - PPR monster that always seems to be overlooked, even in NO a solid flex starter

10.08 - Green Bay Packers Def/ST, GNB - Steeler DEF off the board two picks earlier. Other nice options here include Jacoby Ford and Jermaine Gresham

After 20 rounds the team ended up being:

QB - Vick, Cutler

RB - McCoy, Gore, D-Will, Sproles, Ronnie Brown

WR - Lloyd, Maclin, Green, Bess, Ward, Royal, Hill

TE - Cooley, Kendricks, Boss

K - Henery, Bironas (no roster moves before week 2 so common sense means drafting 2 x kickers in case of injury)

DEF - Packers

Have to say I was pretty pleased with my team after 20 round, despite a few concerns along the way. General observation is that the calibre of WR left late (at least in this draft) was a challenging......alternative may have been to go WR in round 1 or 2 as I think round 5 offers a potential starter if you have some level of confidence about either DeAngelo, Wells, Hightower or Moreno.

WR does seem like a stretch, but anyone at the 5 spot considering a QB? (6pt/passing TD leagues) I'm big on finding a low-risk consistent point scorer in the first round and QBs fly off the board in my 14-team league, so if I pass on a QB, it's likely Rodgers, Vick, Brady, Brees, Manning, Rivers, and possibly even Romo will be gone by the 2nd round. Also curious when folks in the 5 spot who are looking to draft an elite TE are planning on pulling the trigger. The TE run usually begins early in the 4th round in our league.Upside-down drafting is feeling more and more like reaching from this draft slot. Thoughts?
I drafted #4 on Friday in a low performance league (1 point per 50 yards passing, 1 pt per 20 yds rushing, 1 pt per 15 yards receiving for WR/TE, 1 pt per 20 yards receiving for RBs, no PPR, all TDs 6 points) and was all set to take Rice until he went #3 overall after Foster and Peterson. I waffled a bit and then took Aaron Rodgers. Mendenhall and Turner went #5 and #6. Here's the team I ended up with..1.4 - Aaron Rodgers12.9 - Kyle Orton3.4 - Peyton Hillis4.9 - Mark Ingram7.4 - Brandon Jacobs8.9 - Daniel Thomas2.9 - Hakeem Nicks5.4 - Dez Bryant6.9 - Austin Collie9.4 - Jacoby Ford10.9 - A.J. Green11.4 - Rob Gronkowski (no TE required)13.4 - Giants DST14.9 - Cowboys DST15.4 - Jason Hanson16.9 - Shaun Suisham

My plan at 5:1st- Take whoever's left between Charles & McCoy (not a big fan of Mendy, hes too blah & Im passing on Johnson).2nd- Take a WR1. Hopefully Nicks or VJax are there3rd- FJones- I have to have him this year. This may be reaching but no chance he slips back down to me in the 4th.4th- bap @ WR or RB5th- If Big Ben is still here take him otherwise BAP6th- Guys like Hightower & Wells interest me7th- if I still dont have a QB take Ryan, Eli, or maybe even wait more for StaffordTE- Planning on waiting late and taking 2 of Cook, Olsen, Gronkowski, Hernandez & hoping one sticks. I don't mind taking TEs back to back with this strategyBasically my plan this year is to take as many RBs as possible and wait on QB & TE.
Reading this and others (good strategy BTW) and wondering if any of you are in keeper leagues or dynasty leagues? many years ago I talked about the virtue of taking Manning at QB and having a top 3 QB for 5+ years compared to a RB who rarely gets you that much longevity. I also used VBD as "proof" that Manning should go in the top half of the 1st round. I was criticized, yet won my leagues using the VBD. Now in talking about the 5 spot, I wonder where Rodgers falls? He is the elite QB and is the youngest of at least the next 5 ranked QB's. I think he would be a great pick in the 5 spot. I would not take any other QB there, but I think Rodgers is worthy and would rather have him for the next 5+ years than Ray Rice as an example. I think the differential of the drop at QB will be much greater than at RB for that long of a period. So in a keeper dynasty format would you agree that a QB makes a little more sense compared to a redraft where it still may have some validity, but not as much.BTW, I would like to see the DD or the VBD excel take into account a keeper league or dynasty league as redraft leagues bore me and get too many people disinterested later in the year.

When did you get DJax? can you go in order?
1.5 McCoy (Passed on CJ2K, 6th pick took him)2.8 Fitz (5th WR taken after AJ, CJ, Vincent Jackson, Roddy White)3.5 DJax (Big run on WRs, could have take Wayne, Dez, or Mike Williams TB here)4.8 Romo (last of the elites to go. He is elite in my mind I have him in every league this year)5.5 Ingram (Not much left by round 5. I could have went with Lynch or Grant but I like Ingrams upside better)6.8 F. Jackson (Insurance if Ingram doesnt pan out)7.5 Moreno (Need depth at RB)8.8 Garcon (Best WR available)9.5 Daniels (Targeted Graham but he went in Rd 7 so I waited. Passed on Pettigrew, Winslow, and Gronk)10.8 Pats D (Run on D's and I wanted to secure a top 5)11.5 Ford (Like his upside but droppable if he doesn't pan out)12.8 R. Williams (Droppable)13.5 Orton (Good matchup with SD on Romo's bye)14.8 Cook (Potential sleeper)15.5 Hardesty (Sleeper)16.8 Suisham (Needed a kicker)

When did you get DJax? can you go in order?
1.5 McCoy (Passed on CJ2K, 6th pick took him)2.8 Fitz (5th WR taken after AJ, CJ, Vincent Jackson, Roddy White)3.5 DJax (Big run on WRs, could have take Wayne, Dez, or Mike Williams TB here)4.8 Romo (last of the elites to go. He is elite in my mind I have him in every league this year)5.5 Ingram (Not much left by round 5. I could have went with Lynch or Grant but I like Ingrams upside better)6.8 F. Jackson (Insurance if Ingram doesnt pan out)7.5 Moreno (Need depth at RB)8.8 Garcon (Best WR available)9.5 Daniels (Targeted Graham but he went in Rd 7 so I waited. Passed on Pettigrew, Winslow, and Gronk)10.8 Pats D (Run on D's and I wanted to secure a top 5)11.5 Ford (Like his upside but droppable if he doesn't pan out)12.8 R. Williams (Droppable)13.5 Orton (Good matchup with SD on Romo's bye)14.8 Cook (Potential sleeper)15.5 Hardesty (Sleeper)16.8 Suisham (Needed a kicker)
Thanks; this helps a lot! If I could ask one more question. When did Lynch, Grant and Starks go? Thanks again

The more I think about this dilemma the more I'm settling down to taking Mendenhall with the #5 pick. My league is a standard 12 team touchdown league and Mende just looks like the safest bet after the first 4 RB go off the board.

I will be flexible if anything interesting falls to me but I'm thinking safety with my first 2 picks with Mendenhall and the next top receiver left (crossing fingers for Nicks, Fitz, VJax) and then leaning heavy upside after that.

here's my 5th slot draft in non-ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 d, 1 k... never done WR-WR-WR... It was a bit scary but I think I like my team... love my wr's, like my qb's, not real happy w/ rb's, but think it could be worse...

5 Andre Johnson, Hou WR

20 Calvin Johnson, Det WR

29 Hakeem Nicks, NYG WR

44 Felix Jones, Dal RB

53 Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB

68 Mark Ingram, NO RB

77 Cedric Benson, Cin RB

92 Reggie Bush, Mia RB

101 Matthew Stafford, Det QB

116 Jacoby Ford, Oak WR

125 Patriots D/ST D/ST

140 Rob Gronkowski, NE TE

149 Bernard Scott, Cin RB

164 Jason Hanson, Det K

here's my 5th slot draft in non-ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 d, 1 k... never done WR-WR-WR... It was a bit scary but I think I like my team... love my wr's, like my qb's, not real happy w/ rb's, but think it could be worse...5 Andre Johnson, Hou WR 20 Calvin Johnson, Det WR 29 Hakeem Nicks, NYG WR 44 Felix Jones, Dal RB 53 Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB 68 Mark Ingram, NO RB 77 Cedric Benson, Cin RB 92 Reggie Bush, Mia RB 101 Matthew Stafford, Det QB 116 Jacoby Ford, Oak WR 125 Patriots D/ST D/ST 140 Rob Gronkowski, NE TE 149 Bernard Scott, Cin RB 164 Jason Hanson, Det K
How many teams in this league? Insane you have 3 top 5 WRs...

here's my 5th slot draft in non-ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 d, 1 k... never done WR-WR-WR... It was a bit scary but I think I like my team... love my wr's, like my qb's, not real happy w/ rb's, but think it could be worse...5 Andre Johnson, Hou WR 20 Calvin Johnson, Det WR 29 Hakeem Nicks, NYG WR 44 Felix Jones, Dal RB 53 Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB 68 Mark Ingram, NO RB 77 Cedric Benson, Cin RB 92 Reggie Bush, Mia RB 101 Matthew Stafford, Det QB 116 Jacoby Ford, Oak WR 125 Patriots D/ST D/ST 140 Rob Gronkowski, NE TE 149 Bernard Scott, Cin RB 164 Jason Hanson, Det K
12 team league... and that's why I had to take Nicks, I didn't want to but it only cost me missing out on Knowshon Moreno, Shone Green, L. Blount... then grabbed felix jones and missed out on bradshaw, law-firm, Ryan Mathews, Beanie, Best, Stewart before I picked up Ingram... think it worked out ok, but who knows...

I absolutely love this team, but I'm very skeptical that I could get Felix Jones in Round 4 or Ingram in Round 6. Those two picks are really what made the WR-WR-WR start work so well. Good luck!

just did my 15+ year, work re-draft league tonight.

12 teams, non-ppr, 14 roster spots, start 1QB/2RB/3Rec/1K/1DEF

here's how it went down...

1. Rice RB BAL (someone zigged at the 4 pick so Rice fell to me. Foster went 1st overall still and CJ went 11th!)

2. VJax WR SD (was between him, Nicks and Fitz. couldn't go wrong with any of those imo. best RB remaining fell to me at the next pick...)

3. Gore RB SF (after all the mocks, I was planning on going WR here but couldn't pass up Gore. SJax went right before me and Hillis right after)

4. Williams WR TB (best available WR imo)

5. Ingram RB NO (this is the guy I've been targeting as my 2nd RB in the 4th round but, after going Gore in the 3rd, I felt so lucky that he was still there in the 5th).

6. Manningham WR NYG (yes, I'm waiting on QB and loving this start to my draft. All 4 teams ahead of me already had QBs so I waited til the 7th to take...)

7. Big Ben QB PIT (wow. in the 7th round?! He was the 11th QB taken! 7 QBs went in the first 27 picks. LOVED waiting on QB this year just because of this value)

8. P Thomas RB NO (RBs drying up and felt I needed to handcuff Ingram. I got a weird vibe about being bit by the Ryan Mathews 2010 Rookie RB overhype)

9. Spiller RB BUF (yes, I go a bit RB crazy in this league. I usually only draft 4 WRs and no more since the waiver wire is pretty stocked with ok WRs with only 14 roster spots)

10. Ford WR OAK (decent value imo for my backup WR)

11. Carter RB IND (stupid pick for not going with Hunter here to handcuff Gore. Also, I had my first dynasty draft 2 days ago and had Carter on the brain. Interesting how dynasty rankings effected me in this redraft league :) )

12. NYJ D

13. Gronkowski TE NE (bye week "receiver" fill in cuz I spaced the fact that Ford and Williams WR TB had the same bye week)

14. Cundiff K BAL (sometimes I don't even take a kicker in this league until right before the season starts. I didn't want to tip my hand about a few of the undrafted players that I liked at this last spot so I just didn't draft any of them and took a kicker instead)

And, YES, you're reading that right. I didn't take a backup QB at all. Probably nuts but what the hell. Big Ben has been a very healthy dude, his bye week isn't until week 11, and the backup QBs were flying off the board (9 QBs taken in rounds 7-thru-9) so I feel like I can grab a fill in off the waiver wire (McNabb, Garrard, Mia QB, Wash QB) when the time comes. If Big Ben gets hurt, I'm screwed. (but I could probably trade one of my RBs for a solid QB I'd think).

roster:

QB: Big Ben

RB: Rice, Gore, Ingram, P Thomas, Spiller, Carter

WR: VJax, Williams TB, Manningham, Ford, Gronk

K: Cundiff

D: Jets

I'm personally loving this roster, though I know I did some odd things along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
you don't ever want to get caught up in "the run". it's actually much more practical to go against the run and pick from the best available at other positions while the lemmings follow the person in front of them off the cliff QB, QB, QB, QB,....

Work League. 5th pick, 12 teams, .5 ppr 6pt passing TD, 2 pts for plays 40+.. QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, D, K

1. Jamaal Charles

2. Hakeem Nicks

3. Mike Wallace

4. Jason Witten

5 DeAngelo Williams

6. Marshawn Lynch

7. Stevie Johnson

8. Jonathan Stewart

9. Sam Bradford

10. James Starks

11. Mike Sims-Walker

12. Michael Crabtree

13. Ronnie Brown

14. Jacoby Ford

15. Cowboys

16. Some kicker that I don't care about

Stacked with trade bait, if I do say so myself.

'PrinceofDarkness said:
'verratti said:
here's my 5th slot draft in non-ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 d, 1 k... never done WR-WR-WR... It was a bit scary but I think I like my team... love my wr's, like my qb's, not real happy w/ rb's, but think it could be worse...

5 Andre Johnson, Hou WR

20 Calvin Johnson, Det WR

29 Hakeem Nicks, NYG WR

44 Felix Jones, Dal RB

53 Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB

68 Mark Ingram, NO RB

77 Cedric Benson, Cin RB

92 Reggie Bush, Mia RB

101 Matthew Stafford, Det QB

116 Jacoby Ford, Oak WR

125 Patriots D/ST D/ST

140 Rob Gronkowski, NE TE

149 Bernard Scott, Cin RB

164 Jason Hanson, Det K
I absolutely love this team, but I'm very skeptical that I could get Felix Jones in Round 4 or Ingram in Round 6. Those two picks are really what made the WR-WR-WR start work so well. Good luck!
or Calvin Johnson at 2.8 or Hakeem Nicks at 3.5 - this draft does not seem typical.

'verratti said:
Must be a league full of newbs. Nicks in the third? Ingram in the sixth?

'verratti said:
Must be a league full of newbs. Nicks in the third? Ingram in the sixth?
3/4 existing and 1/4 newbs... I'll take the comments as a compliment thanks... btw already getting trade offers for WR...

Given the Foster news, there is a good chance he falls to the 5 spot. Is he worth the risk there? If so, after who is off the board?

Just had my draft. Passed on Foster @ the 5 spot. Ill probably regret it but Im very nervous about hammy injuries and the chances of reaggravation. Plus I have a man crush on Charles. My draft:

1- Charles (I have a man-crush & passed up on Foster)

2- Nicks (thought about Felix here but was hoping hed slip to the third. Was between him and VJax and took Nicks)

3- Wallace (unfortunately Felix went at the turn. I was very disappointed. All the other good RBs were gone so I took BPA available. Passed on Brady)

4- Ingram (not high on him but best RB available at this point. Should be a TD monster)

5- Mathews (not high on him but preferred a RB @ flex)

6- Big Ben (cant believe he slipped this far. The last of my 2nd tier QBs)

7- Jacobs (great RB4 IMO)

8- Stafford (never thought Id take a QB so soon but his upside was too good to pass up plus all the WRs sucked)

9- Thomas (needed a backup WR and hes their #1 WR. Obviously nothing special)

10- Gronkowski (I was the last one to take a starting TE. Was targeting Cook who actually went 2 rounds earlier but cant be too upset about Gronk)

11- Little (sleeper)

12- Kendricks (another sleeper TE)

Not really crazy about my draft because I lost out on Felix. If I took Felix in the 2nd I couldve had Wallace as my WR1, Ingram as my flex RB, and Britt in the 5th as my WR2. Well see what turns out better.

Users who are viewing this thread