What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** Official Aaron Rodgers injury thread ***** (1 Viewer)

Actually I for one hope he heals to 100% rather than risking reinjury or worse. McCown has filled in for me with outstanding success. If I win this week I get a bye the 1st round so I rather him hold out till he feels, and the physicians feel, that he is ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
The collarbone is the only spot in the body where the shoulder connects to the body by joint. A re injury there would be catastrophic

It's not just playing through pain, although he has none. If he re breaks his collarbone now, he would be looking at potentially 6 months of recovery from a rebreak.
How is it catastrophic when he'll have 10 months to heal from a re-break?

The collarbone is the only spot in the body where the shoulder connects to the body by joint. A re injury there would be catastrophic

It's not just playing through pain, although he has none. If he re breaks his collarbone now, he would be looking at potentially 6 months of recovery from a rebreak.
I believe there is some concern that the collar bone could break / splinter in a way as to threaten other internal organs etc including potentially the lung ... That obviously could be catastrophic.

Actually I for one hope he heals to 100% rather than risking reinjury or worse. McCown has filled in for me with outstanding success. If I win this week I get a bye the 1st round so I rather him hold out till he feels, and the physicians feel, that he is ready.
Sweet!

Sweet!
I, too, feel SO much better about not only this situation, but life itself, knowing how this will specifically play out for rjv's team. Don't know what I'd do without such important insight.

If only we knew the full scoring system so we could know JUST how outstanding McCown has really been.

I believe there is some concern that the collar bone could break / splinter in a way as to threaten other internal organs etc including potentially the lung ... That obviously could be catastrophic.
The subclavian artery runs right below the clavicle (sub-clavicle). If the clavicle were to break and puncture this, Rodgers would probably be dead by the time they got the stretcher onto the field

RGIII had 10 months to heal. How's he looking? Rodgers would not be able to even run if he were recovering from and ORIF of the clavicle - open reduction internal fixation for those armchair MDs. You really think he'd be at the top of his game?

Furthermore, it would be catastrophic because it may not revascularize, which means it may not heal at all or heal very brittle which means future for re injury. Re breaking a bone, clavicle in particular, that isn't healed all the way is potentially career threatening to a QB. Even if it is the non throwing arm. QBs get hit a lot. Sure, chances aren't real good for that to happen, but how many of you are playing Russian roulette on a weekly basis thinking the chances of killing yourself is only 1/6?

RGIII had 10 months to heal. How's he looking?Rodgers would not be able to even run if he were recovering from and ORIF of the clavicle - open reduction internal fixation for those armchair MDs. You really think he'd be at the top of his game?

Furthermore, it would be catastrophic because it may not revascularize, which means it may not heal at all or heal very brittle which means future for re injury. Re breaking a bone, clavicle in particular, that isn't healed all the way is potentially career threatening to a QB. Even if it is the non throwing arm. QBs get hit a lot. Sure, chances aren't real good for that to happen, but how many of you are playing Russian roulette on a weekly basis thinking the chances of killing yourself is only 1/6?
You really seem to be full of yourself and your opinion.

RGIII had 10 months to heal. How's he looking?Rodgers would not be able to even run if he were recovering from and ORIF of the clavicle - open reduction internal fixation for those armchair MDs. You really think he'd be at the top of his game?

well he is a Doctor.

Pot, meet kettleReading your posts on this topic clearly you aren't an expert in the field, yet are really full of yourself and your opinions as well

I think you'd appreciate hearing from someone in the medical profession who knows this stuff very well. It might help you from some informed opinions moving forward.

water1 said:
False Start said:
sho nuff said:
water1 said:
Losing here to Detroit just makes Rodgers and even bigger favorite to miss the rest of the year. They are not going to risk his career. He's not coming back.
Yeah...at this point, put Tolzien in the rest of the year...see if you have a capable backup QB for the future.
His career? I think that is a little extreme, he should of played this week.
Do you have any idea how bones heal?
So you are telling me no one has played football with an injury of these sorts? Think hard. I know of a story where a guy named Jack played on a broken leg and a guy named Ronnie had his finger cut off to play in a game. I assure those are more catastrophic than a broken collarbone, I think the heart is what clearly is the difference here. Not playing because of risk of reinjury is no excuse as you always risk injury. I remember when this game was played by tough men.

If a guy can play RB on a separated shoulder, a QB can play with an almost healed collarbone. Stop defending Rodgers recovery and start questioning his heart.

Now tell me more about his non throwing collarbone and risk of reinjury?
Just answering your question, yet you call me full of myself and my opinion?

Pot, meet kettleGrading your posts on this topic clearly don't make you an expert in the field.

I think you'd appreciate hearing from someone in the medical profession who knows this stuff very well. It might help you from some informed opinions moving forward.
Interesting, if doctors are always right why do they need malpractice insurance? Anyone can google the topic and put Dr. in front of their name and other football fans realize some play through injuries regardless of injury. Also you can pull a nose hair out of your nose and die, does that mean it will happen doctor?

Pot, meet kettleGrading your posts on this topic clearly don't make you an expert in the field.

Interesting, if doctors are always right why do they need malpractice insurance? Anyone can google the topic and put Dr. in front of their name and other football fans realize some play through injuries regardless of injury. Also you can pull a nose hair out of your nose and die, does that mean it will happen doctor?
Dude, you need to chill. All that is being said here is Rodgers may have serious complications by returning too early. It isn't a pain issue, it is a legit medical issue. Rodgers has the best actors in the world evaluating him. If he can't go it is because those doctors told him not to.

Dude, you need to chill. All that is being said here is Rodgers may have serious complications by returning too early. It isn't a pain issue, it is a legit medical issue. Rodgers has the best actors in the world evaluating him. If he can't go it is because those doctors told him not to.
:confused: Why did I offend you by having a discussion of sorts?

Like this?

Sweet!
I, too, feel SO much better about not only this situation, but life itself, knowing how this will specifically play out for rjv's team. Don't know what I'd do without such important insight.

If only we knew the full scoring system so we could know JUST how outstanding McCown has really been.
I'm just glad he has a shot at a bye.

Because we know he is the only one who has a fantasy team and has implications for his team this week.

Like this?
Just shocked so many people are doctors in here, I'm gonna call myself Dr. Phenix now.

Does it matter that no one has seen Rodgers XRay who visits this site, I'm still certain he plays in week 14, but I'm not a Dr.

Sweet!
I, too, feel SO much better about not only this situation, but life itself, knowing how this will specifically play out for rjv's team. Don't know what I'd do without such important insight.If only we knew the full scoring system so we could know JUST how outstanding McCown has really been.
:lol: :lol: I'm here to make you feel better about yourself when you can't, so your welcome.

I was only bringing this up because if you have other options for the time he is out, take them. McCown was my choice till Rodgers returns. If you have others like him on your WW jump on it and stop complaining about AR being out.

I don't see him getting rushed back in. I think the sighting is more gamesmanship than anything else. Flynn can handle the Lions.
Outstanding post!
Almost as good as this one.

Seriously. You think it is wise to take Michigan and the points??? Michigan has played like crap most of the season. Certainly might turn it around for the big game, but that is not the way I would bet it. Michigan really sucks.

rjv said:
I also have a first round bye, but I'm hoping he plays that week so we can see if he's back to form before starting him

rjv said:
I also have a first round bye, but I'm hoping he plays that week so we can see if he's back to form before starting him
You have to see if Aaron Rodgers is back to form before you play him?

rjv said:
I would assume "back to form" means his collar bone doesnt snap the first time he is tackled. I am worried about starting him next week for my playoff game.

That said, he SHOULD be healed enough by next week. I would still play him over almost everyone else, but I am at least a LITTLE worried his timing will be off enough for him to not be able to totally blow up for 40 points.

rjv said:
It would be nice.

False Start said:
Dr. Brew said:
False Start said:
Dr. Brew said:
cstu said:

:rolleyes: I don't need to prove a thing to you. I am a doctor. I have my degree. Don't believe me, I really don't care. I'd trust the advise of a doctor over someone who compares a broken clavicle to a separated shoulder. If you want to insult me to try and make my medical expertise less valuable in your mind, make you feel better for being owned by medical evidence, fine by me.

Good luck these playoffs. You seem like you need the $

rjv said:
It would be nice.
Agree. As an owner who traded for him a couple weeks ago, I'd like to see him for a week too. Luckily I have a first round bye. For those who don't, if you don't have the luxury of a good second option, I think he his floor is about the same as an average performance from most peoples' fill ins. Tough call

False Start said:
Dr. Brew said:
False Start said:
Dr. Brew said:
cstu said:

:rolleyes: I don't need to prove a thing to you. I am a doctor. I have my degree. Don't believe me, I really don't care. I'd trust the advise of a doctor over someone who compares a broken clavicle to a separated shoulder. If you want to insult me to try and make my medical expertise less valuable in your mind, make you feel better for being owned by medical evidence, fine by me.

I'm sorry. I stand corrected you do not seem full of yourself after all. You seem like a very reasonable person who many probably come to to seek medical advice from. I wonder how you take it from patients when they ask to seek a second opinion. Do you tell them you are the only doctor that can help them and no one else is as good as you. Thanks for the well wishes in the playoffs you can clearly tell I NEED the money just because I disagree with you. What else could it mean?

False Start said:
Dr. Brew said:
False Start said:
Dr. Brew said:
cstu said:

:rolleyes: I don't need to prove a thing to you. I am a doctor. I have my degree. Don't believe me, I really don't care. I'd trust the advise of a doctor over someone who compares a broken clavicle to a separated shoulder. If you want to insult me to try and make my medical expertise less valuable in your mind, make you feel better for being owned by medical evidence, fine by me.Good luck these playoffs. You seem like you need the $
I'm sorry. I stand corrected you do not seem full of yourself after all. You seem like a very reasonable person who many probably come to to seek medical advice from. I wonder how you take it from patients when they ask to seek a second opinion. Do you tell them you are the only doctor that can help them and no one else is as good as you. Thanks for the well wishes in the playoffs you can clearly tell I NEED the money just because I disagree with you. What else could it mean?
Thank you for your apology and change of heart. :) Glad I could talk some sense into you! Good luck these last few weeks and go pack go.

PLease keep posting. PLease

Please dont encourage the bickering however, Doc seems like his ego can simmer down and FS sarcasm can chill.

When will we know more about Rodgers can anyone provide that info. Maybe the doctor, he seems to be proud of his analysis, what do you got?

rjv said:
It would be nice.
Maybe, but are you really gonna leave Rodgers on the bench if he is able to play?

Seems crazy.

Please dont encourage the bickering however, Doc seems like his ego can simmer down and FS sarcasm can chill.

When will we know more about Rodgers can anyone provide that info. Maybe the doctor, he seems to be proud of his analysis, what do you got?
Nobody here has anything, or CAN have anything, unless they have access to all the medical information, which none of us do.

The only way we will know anything for sure is when they say Rodgers is playing. Until then, I want some more entertainment from this FS fella.

Nobody here has anything, or CAN have anything, unless they have access to all the medical information, which none of us do.

The only way we will know anything for sure is when they say Rodgers is playing. Until then, I want some more entertainment from this FS fella.
Don't quote Phenx please. I like not seeing her posts

The fact he practiced on Tuesday is telling, still with 8 days to go from today.

I guess we may not know anything until Monday at the earliest.

The fact he practiced on Tuesday is telling, still with 8 days to go from today.

Given the injury he has, the fact that he practiced tells me NOTHING.
Yup, guess it means nothing that he practiced. Nothing at all considering he was not on the practice field before Tuesday.

Yup, guess it means nothing that he practiced. Nothing at all.
Right, nothing. It could mean he could play this week, or that it could mean he could play in 3 weeks.

EVen the doctors who are physically in the same room with him that are examining him do not know EXACTLY when he will be cleared to play in an NFL football game.

Practicing means NOTHING. Being cleared to take an NFL hit means EVERYTHING.

Right now he is simply at the point where he can throw and run around to whatever pain he can tolerate, which means NOTHING in terms of getting smashed in an NFL game.

So, yeah, practicing means NOTHING.

Very true. He's practicing, which means he's not taking hits. The only way this gets worse is if he takes a wrong hit or if it's not healed when he takes a hit. Practicing tells us nothing new. We know he doesn't have pain. We know he feels his flexibility and strength are down, which makes sense. What we don't know is how healed his bone is. No amount of practice will tell us this.

Very true. He's practicing, which means he's not taking hits. The only way this gets worse is if he takes a wrong hit or if it's not healed when he takes a hit. Practicing tells us nothing new. We know he doesn't have pain. We know he feels his flexibility and strength are down, which makes sense. What we don't know is how healed his bone is. No amount of practice will tell us this.
Is it any coincidence that the people in the medical profession (myself and apparently you) understand this?

Is it any coincidence that the people in the medical profession (myself and apparently you) understand this?
:tebow:

When he got hurt I pegged him for week 14 at the absolute earliest. I am starting to think he just wont play at all the rest of the year if they lose this week (if he doesnt play week 14, which I put him at 50-50 at best)

When he got hurt I pegged him for week 14 at the absolute earliest. I am starting to think he just wont play at all the rest of the year if they lose this week (if he doesnt play week 14, which I put him at 50-50 at best)
I agree with this... If he doesn't play this week, they'll prob lose, at which point they are basically an extreme longshot - why would they put their franchise out there with nothing to play for fresh off of a broken collarbone?

Thing is, even if you aren't in the medical profession, it doesn't stop you from buying an anatomy/physiology book and educating yourself. Instead, poke fun at those who actually know something about the situation and the medical profession, because they disagree with your wrong opinion

It's like walking into the doctors office with the opinion you need your tonsils removed, and when the doctor tells you that you have the common cold, you make fun of his stethoscope

I thought the same. If the pack played Sunday instead of on thanksgiving, I thought maybe he could have been back, but it would have been extremely early vs a very good d line. If they lose next week and he doesn't suit up he will probably be IRed. I would agree with the 50/50 assessment, just because we really don't know much.

I agree with this... If he doesn't play this week, they'll prob lose, at which point they are basically an extreme longshot - why would they put their franchise out there with nothing to play for fresh off of a broken collarbone?
Yup. Which is why deep down I think he playsI imagine they've had a bone stimulator on that thing 24/7, which can speed things up. Still a risk for week 14, but I think he plays because of how much this means to their season

Well what exactly are you looking for? People to agree with you even though are wrong?

Neither of us are saying anything that takes much more than common sense if you have taken an anatomy class.
I dont want anything, I'm just having a conversation and think he will play.

You and the doc seem to get upset with me and anyone else who thinks that, it has nothing to do with your expert medical opinions.

Well what exactly are you looking for? People to agree with you even though are wrong?

Neither of us are saying anything that takes much more than common sense if you have taken an anatomy class.

You and the doc seem to get upset with me and anyone else who thinks that, it has nothing to do with your expert medical opinions.
It's your REASONING that you think he will play. If you think he will play because he is practicing, you are 100% wrong. This isn't a debate. You are wrong.

He will play when he is medically cleared to take an NFL hit. Based on his injury, this is a fact. It is not up for debate.

They would not risk it then, that would make no sense to do so. Sucks for those who own him if this is the case.

If he does not play this week his season will be over.

False Start said:
Dr. Brew said:
False Start said:
Dr. Brew said:
cstu said:

Do doctors typically spell words like advice incorrectly?

Yup. Which is why deep down I think he playsI imagine they've had a bone stimulator on that thing 24/7, which can speed things up. Still a risk for week 14, but I think he plays because of how much this means to their season
If he sits this week, and they lose, I think they will just IR him even if he is cleared to play. As an overly cautious move.

It's your REASONING than you think he will play. If you think he will play because he is practicing, you are 100% wrong. This isn't a debate. You are wrong.

He will play when he is medically cleared to take an NFL hit. Based on his injury, this is a fact. It is not up for debate.
Crabtree has been practicing for 3 weeks but is just now going to play in a game

We likely won't know if he's playing until the Friday/Saturday before

Users who are viewing this thread