What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL Amazing Race 36 Thread - Mostly South America Edition *** (2 Viewers)

Mr. Mojo said:
I think that Anthony and Spencer looked like one of the strongest AR teams that I can ever remember.

Strong, well traveled, good attitude and very cool under pressure.

It's a shame they couldn't continue.
If the show continues, you gotta figure they’ll be invited back at some point.

dad/daughter and the cops, from i could tell.

what's the speculation on why they didn't come back?  cynical ole me, say the 2 couples broke up.  unsure of the train dudes.
Dad and daughter completely flubbed the barrel challenge, so not sure how I feel about them coming back but I’d rather replace the teams to keep it longer and not give out a cheaper win. If you watched them, she’s taking the rings off by hammering down, which obviously won’t work. They finished well the first episode so it was pretty shocking how bad they were on both challenges.

I was definitely right about the educators, they will continue to be at the bottom and need a big screw up to keep going. Twins looked better, but with dad/daughter and cops back, they’ve got some buffer weeks. Unfortunately, Connie and Sam are gone as I thought they’d be like dad/daughter one week. 

Apparently, Love Island broke up, Connie became pregnant, Anthony got seriously injured, and Isaiah and Taylor had a family member get COVID.
Was reading about this and the stuff I saw was Anthony got a gig doing Finance and couldn't get the time off.

Love Island would have broken up on the show if they didn't have to postpone the season I think  :lol:

Yeah…first team out, get a reprieve and then first team out again, even after someone blew the challenge…

Hope that dad/daughter do better with their second chance.
The cops were done in both times by an inability/refusal to read/discern how to do a challenge. Apparently the clue said to start the “story” at the buckle but they did the opposite anyway.

I like the dad and daughter but they are terrible at navigation. There’s going to be a lot of self-driving and that will likely do them in.

On the re-start, it looked like there were four competitive teams and three hopeless teams. Now that one of the hopeless teams is gone (again) it looks like a repeat of the first few weeks. Then they'll be down to the other four (barring U-turns, if they have them). Too bad that three of the non-returning teams were better than the three hopeless teams.

Pip's Invitation said:
The cops were done in both times by an inability/refusal to read/discern how to do a challenge. Apparently the clue said to start the “story” at the buckle but they did the opposite anyway.

I like the dad and daughter but they are terrible at navigation. There’s going to be a lot of self-driving and that will likely do them in.
Yep, Kevin Hart messed up again and told the Rock to start the wrong way. I just can’t think of a good reason why a belt would start a story at the end and go to the buckle. Pretty sure Kevin was also the one that said they just have the put the pictures up.

It does suck that the teams that didn’t come back were all ok to good teams and we have one decent team and two good teams left. I don’t see the twins winning.

I will let someone else make a comment about how a team of trained police officers rushed into a situation twice, and did not read the clues correctly in order to make a correct observation.

No idea why they had their "handlers" while racing along the cliffs.  I doubt any of then could have stopped the racers had they started to fall down the mountain.

Just saw this explaining why the four teams didn't return. Tldr is that Anthony started a new job and didn't want to take that much time off, Taylor's big brother died from Covid two days before the restart, Connie was seven months pregnant at the restart, and Love Island broke up a couple of month's after the stoppage.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw this explaining why the four teams didn't return. Tldr is that Anthony started a new job and didn't want to take that much time off, Taylor's big brother died from Covid two days before the restart, Connie was seven months pregnant at the restart, and Love Island broke up a couple of month's after the stoppage.  
That's good info, but the link is not working.

JaxBill said:
So it looks like Sheri has to face heights again next week? What are they thinking?
I was somewhat embarrassed as a male that Akbar had Sheri do that mountain climb. He had no right to complain about her performance knowing her fear of heights and lack of conditioning. Still Sheri could have used some of the time off to improve her stamina. Especially, after struggling when competing in the first two legs.

According to Michael and Moe’s exit press, the real reason the previously eliminated teams finished behind Akbar and Sheri is not because the belt challenge took longer than the flag challenge, but that they had to do a “speed bump” that wasn’t aired. And they said the main reason they finished last is that they got lost on the way to the speed bump. 

I was somewhat embarrassed as a male that Akbar had Sheri do that mountain climb. He had no right to complain about her performance knowing her fear of heights and lack of conditioning. Still Sheri could have used some of the time off to improve her stamina. Especially, after struggling when competing in the first two legs.
I like them but he could be a little more supportive. She really did as best as she could on that mountain climb. I was surprised they did the flag one seemingly pretty quickly.

According to Michael and Moe’s exit press, the real reason the previously eliminated teams finished behind Akbar and Sheri is not because the belt challenge took longer than the flag challenge, but that they had to do a “speed bump” that wasn’t aired. And they said the main reason they finished last is that they got lost on the way to the speed bump. 
That makes more sense and I don't like that they don't show that. There was no editing hiding how long Akbar and Sheri took since we saw the clouds come in and knew they were way behind. I had no idea how they caught up.

Apparently, Love Island broke up, Connie became pregnant, Anthony got seriously injured, and Isaiah and Taylor had a family member get COVID.
Heard Love Island wanted to come back, even after breaking up, but she is a German citizen with a German passport and they couldn't ensure that if she left the US during the covid lockdowns that she'd be let back in.

Assuming Arun & Natalia crash out for good again next week, we'd go six episodes, eliminate only two different teams, but have less than half the starting group left :lmao:

I’m not a fan of bunching them up at the beginning of each leg and only having 15 minutes between groups, but I could be convinced I’m wrong.  Thoughts?

I’m not a fan of bunching them up at the beginning of each leg and only having 15 minutes between groups, but I could be convinced I’m wrong.  Thoughts?
Terrible.

Years ago I stopped watching in protest, (didn’t last long🤣🤣🤣) when the good looking couple from Texas, DOMINATED the race. They won seemingly every leg and had HUGE leads. Which the production team kept nullifying with, “the zoo doesn’t open for 12 hours”, “flight is tomorrow” , etc. they lost due to a bad taxi in the finale.  They did bring them back in an all star race. I forget how they did in that. Colin and somebody. I think. 

Terrible.

Years ago I stopped watching in protest, (didn’t last long🤣🤣🤣) when the good looking couple from Texas, DOMINATED the race. They won seemingly every leg and had HUGE leads. Which the production team kept nullifying with, “the zoo doesn’t open for 12 hours”, “flight is tomorrow” , etc. they lost due to a bad taxi in the finale.  They did bring them back in an all star race. I forget how they did in that. Colin and somebody. I think. 
Colin and Christie from season 5?

Colin and Christie from season 5?
Yes, that was what he was talking about. Colin and Christie were dominant after the third leg. They had six first place finishes, two seconds, a third, and a fourth prior to the final leg. Chip and Kim beat them when the cab driver headed down the soft shoulders on the way to the finish. Colin and Christie were invited back for season 31 (the reality teams showdown) and finished in first place. 

Yes, that was what he was talking about. Colin and Christie were dominant after the third leg. They had six first place finishes, two seconds, a third, and a fourth prior to the final leg. Chip and Kim beat them when the cab driver headed down the soft shoulders on the way to the finish. Colin and Christie were invited back for season 31 (the reality teams showdown) and finished in first place. 
yep.  that's them.  and chip and kim live in my area.  boooooooo.  he's a realtor and still plays on his AR "fame"  

This might be the worst batch of teams I have ever seen.
Not all, but the top two are head and shoulders above the rest. The twins finished 2nd only because they picked the right challenge but still they were barely in second. I think the top two teams (jail birds and you tube) will win every leg. The twins have gotten better and the stewardesses are decent, but due to COVID two bad teams were re-added and we’ve already seen one saved yet again. I’m still amazed that the educators are still in it but that’s only because the two re-adds have been so bad/not eliminated.

Not all, but the top two are head and shoulders above the rest. The twins finished 2nd only because they picked the right challenge but still they were barely in second. I think the top two teams (jail birds and you tube) will win every leg. The twins have gotten better and the stewardesses are decent, but due to COVID two bad teams were re-added and we’ve already seen one saved yet again. I’m still amazed that the educators are still in it but that’s only because the two re-adds have been so bad/not eliminated.
It’s unfortunate that of the seven teams who could come back, the four worst were among them. The twins have improved a lot since before the break, but the others have not.

I'm pretty sure that Arun and Natalie were 4 or 5 hours behind everyone else. Maybe more. It wouldn't make for a very interesting leg when they get lost again, and are running 8+ hours behind 2nd to last.

I :lmao: when Phil told them that the greeter had to bail because it took them so long to get there.

It’s unfortunate that of the seven teams who could come back, the four worst were among them. The twins have improved a lot since before the break, but the others have not.
They have. I had them well behind the father/daughter team early but they appeared to have worked on their game. The stewardesses seem to have taken a little step back but yeah, the truly bottom 3 teams were part of the final 7 and after 2 more shows only 1 of the 3 has been eliminated. Maybe one of the top 4 makes a mistake, but it seems like we have two more episodes of no surprise before we get to an actual competition.

I'm pretty sure that Arun and Natalie were 4 or 5 hours behind everyone else. Maybe more. It wouldn't make for a very interesting leg when they get lost again, and are running 8+ hours behind 2nd to last.

I :lmao: when Phil told them that the greeter had to bail because it took them so long to get there.
Yeah, they seemed to finally arrive at Lake Lugano by driving through parts of Poland, Turkey and Russia.

Thankful that they were able to salvage a season despite all the challenges posed by covid. I enjoy this show very much.

The Dusty and Ryan team has all the advantages regarding strength and stamina and youth but give them credit for their preparation. See all the other teams as varying degrees of underdogs. Still part of me is rooting for them because of the wrongful conviction and years lost in prison.

The stewardesses lost their jobs due to covid. They have adopted the strategy of not finishing last which is fine for the time being. I think this helps avoid neglectful, panicky mistakes but they will need to step it up once the weaker teams are eliminated.

If there is karma, there may be a massive fail due for Akbar when he has to do a road block on his own. Have not enjoyed his incessant ragging on Sheri.

You- tubers are a balanced team and are a threat to go all the way. I like how they work together on doing joint tasks.

Twins seem more focused and settled and do not appear to be an easy out.

Dad and daughter seem to have no overall chance but are due to finish ahead of someone on the next leg.

If there is karma, there may be a massive fail due for Akbar when he has to do a road block on his own. Have not enjoyed his incessant ragging on Sheri.
This. They were fortunate to last this long, six legs, given their physical conditions.

That may be the worst leg for Dusty and Ryan and they still powered back to third place.

Can't see anyone but Arun and Natalie finishing last next week.

This. They were fortunate to last this long, six legs, given their physical conditions.

That may be the worst leg for Dusty and Ryan and they still powered back to third place.

There seem to be more physical challenges which benefit Dusty/Ryan.

Arun/Natalie benefited from being chauffeured the last leg so they didn't get lost for a change.

The twins had some mental errors this week after strong performances since the return. They could be at risk if they don’t clean that up, especially if we get another leg that doesn’t have much self-driving.

bring back self driving!!  especially stick shifts.  

the boys have a HUGE physical advantage.  it sucks the race lost teams due to covid.  they were some of the more interesting teams.  rooting for a FA, U tubers, and the dudes in the finale.  very glad the educators are gone.  they've done some amazing things in RL, but were super cringey to watch.

It’s not their fault but this season got killed by COVID. Lost a bunch of the decent teams and you have a leg like this where someone who should have been eliminated or at least forced to do an extra challenge is just 30 minutes behind first place.

Arun and Natalie last again but still racing due to the non-elimination leg. Has any team finished last three times and still been racing?

Looks like it would take a phenomenal screw up for the final three to be an other than this weeks top three.

Arun and Natalie last again but still racing due to the non-elimination leg. Has any team finished last three times and still been racing?

Looks like it would take a phenomenal screw up for the final three to be an other than this weeks top three.
It’s ridiculous to be honest. I get they’d have to be eliminated twice just because they came back but this is silly. Something tells me they added more non-elimination legs to actually get a long enough season.

Covid definitely screwed this season up as the travel is really minimal and teams are so close. Either the boys or the married YouTubers should really win. The twins and flight attendants have had their moments but they aren’t nearly as strong but the legs are so short that I think any team outside of Arun and Natalie could win with a little luck.

With the teams traveling together on the Amazing Race plane and the goofy timed release at the start, it doesn't look like there is much of a chance to change the order of the teams barring a brain-fart (like the twins did this leg). It is certainly surprising that Arun and Natalie are actually in the final four. And I still can't stand Penn. He's a legend in his own mind.

After mulling it over.... one of my main annoyances in prior seasons is that, in an effort to eliminate the chance of another team getting way ahead like in season 1, there is pretty much always forced bunching in every leg. Whether it's the "dreaded hours of operation" or "race to the bus station and pull a tag with your departure time on it" or "there are only three helicopters to take the teams" or whatever. My main gripe is when this happens with only one or two tasks between the bunch and the finish mat. 

Given the alternative, if there is going to be bunching (and there is to keep the finale interesting), I'd rather have the forced bunch happen at the beginning of the leg, where afterwards the strong teams can rise to the top, instead of near the end, which allows weak teams to catch up to the leaders and only need to get lucky with one random task to overtake them. 

I guess it's just they've removed the artifice this season and are calling it for what it is. Instead of making up some weird thing like "this famous tea house is only open during these random hours no sane business would operate that are coincidentally after all your flights land", they're just shrugging and saying "everyone gets bunched, now, Go!"

Users who are viewing this thread