What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Barack Obama FBG campaign headquarters *** (1 Viewer)

Just one serious question.

If/When this Chicago-Machine Politician Obama gets elected President and fails to live up to his commitments, will you all still defend him?

I'm curious to see if your blind devotion to the guy will continue even after he fails to live up to his campaign promises.

edit: because I've seen this play out with Chicago Pols before. He won't be able to do anything in the first four years, so he "just needs 4 more" to really get the job done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just one serious question.If/When this Chicago-Machine Politician Obama gets elected President and fails to live up to his commitments, will you all still defend him?I'm curious to see if your blind devotion to the guy will continue even after he fails to live up to his campaign promises.edit: because I've seen this play out with Chicago Pols before. He won't be able to do anything in the first four years, so he "just needs 4 more" to really get the job done.
What commitments are you thinking he won't live up on?

Just one serious question.If/When this Chicago-Machine Politician Obama gets elected President and fails to live up to his commitments, will you all still defend him?I'm curious to see if your blind devotion to the guy will continue even after he fails to live up to his campaign promises.edit: because I've seen this play out with Chicago Pols before. He won't be able to do anything in the first four years, so he "just needs 4 more" to really get the job done.
What commitments are you thinking he won't live up on?
While not entirely his fault, there's no way he can live up to his commitment for Universal Health Care in our shaky financial environment.I also think there's simply no way he gives a tax break to everyone making under $250K.Just curious to see if all of you are simply in love with the man, or if you actually believe the bull#### he says.

McCain Campaign's Ad Spending Now Nearly 100 Percent Devoted To Attack Ads
Stay classy, John.
Predictable. McCain's a dirt bag, always has been, he'd do anything to get elected. It's the only shot they have left, so it makes sense. Nothing else has worked. They're all easily refutable attacks, the overseas one in particular. I hope the public doesn't get fooled, and that Obama roasts him for this in the next 2 debates.
Guess there's no need to save you a seat on the Straight Talk Express, eh?
Let me know if it ever pulls into the station. That train's been missing for weeks.

Seriously. You want Obama to work miracles with all this crap he is inheriting from W who you probably voted in both times. Give me a break.

Yes. I would hope everyone would support any new President.

Seriously. You want Obama to work miracles with all this crap he is inheriting from W who you probably voted in both times. Give me a break.
So essentially, you have already conceded that he won't do any of the things he says he's going to do.Just great.

So essentially, you have already conceded that he won't do any of the things he says he's going to do.Just great.
No, I just understand it takes time to undo all of this crap from your boy W. Now, you want to hold Obama to this impossible standard of fixing everything in two seconds. Whatever, get your popcorn ready.

I just want him to be a good president, try to do what he said he'd do (he's only 1/3 of our government, he won't be all-powerful), and deal thoughtfully and competently with whatever crisis comes down the road. If he does that, I'll be happy. If he screws up or otherwise acts like the empty suit you guys are calling him, I won't vote for him in the next election unless his opposition is someone like Huckabee.

No, I just understand it takes time to undo all of this crap from your boy W. Now, you want to hold Obama to this impossible standard of fixing everything in two seconds. Whatever, get your popcorn ready.
Great, just another one of the "he needs 4 MORE years" crowd he's counting on.

I just want him to be a good president, try to do what he said he'd do (he's only 1/3 of our government, he won't be all-powerful), and deal thoughtfully and competently with whatever crisis comes down the road. If he does that, I'll be happy. If he screws up or otherwise acts like the empty suit you guys are calling him, I won't vote for him in the next election unless his opposition is someone like Huckabee.
It's the same thing with the "change" thing. Unless Obama is completely different in every way from every politician who ever lived, the he's not really for change.So the first year's tax cuts get pushed to the second year...is that such a bad thing? Will the fiscal conservatives freak out about this?Honestly, I think that pretty much everything he's proposing is going to get pushed back at least a year or two...and I see it as a good thing.

If/When this Chicago-Machine Politician Obama gets elected President and fails to live up to his commitments, will you all still defend him?

I'm curious to see if your blind devotion to the guy will continue even after he fails to live up to his campaign promises.

edit: because I've seen this play out with Chicago Pols before. He won't be able to do anything in the first four years, so he "just needs 4 more" to really get the job done.
It's the same thing with the "change" thing. Unless Obama is completely different in every way from every politician who ever lived, the he's not really for change.So the first year's tax cuts get pushed to the second year...is that such a bad thing? Will the fiscal conservatives freak out about this?

Honestly, I think that pretty much everything he's proposing is going to get pushed back at least a year or two...and I see it as a good thing.
As long as I get my $1,000 energy check I'll be happy.
Obama: I believe we should immediately give every working family in America a $1,000 energy rebate
Trust me, I've got a notebook full of all the things he's promised (that he'll never deliver). I mean, come on, does anyone really expect a $1,000 check in the mail next year? Well, except me of course.

It's the same thing with the "change" thing. Unless Obama is completely different in every way from every politician who ever lived, the he's not really for change.So the first year's tax cuts get pushed to the second year...is that such a bad thing? Will the fiscal conservatives freak out about this?

Honestly, I think that pretty much everything he's proposing is going to get pushed back at least a year or two...and I see it as a good thing.
As long as I get my $1,000 energy check I'll be happy.
Obama: I believe we should immediately give every working family in America a $1,000 energy rebate
Trust me, I've got a notebook full of all the things he's promised (that he'll never deliver). I mean, come on, does anyone really expect a $1,000 check in the mail next year? Well, except me of course.
Hope you are going to hold everyone to thr same standard. But then it sounds like you have conceded the race already.

Today's electoral map from RCP, has it Obama 264, McCain 163, with 111 EVs in toss-up states. Assuming the polling is accurate (huge assumption), McCain would have to sweep the eight toss-up states (NV, CO, OH, FL, MO, IN, VA and NC) to win. If Obama takes just one of the toss-up states, he wins.

Today's electoral map from RCP, has it Obama 264, McCain 163, with 111 EVs in toss-up states. Assuming the polling is accurate (huge assumption), McCain would have to sweep the eight toss-up states (NV, CO, OH, FL, MO, IN, VA and NC) to win. If Obama takes just one of the toss-up states, he wins.
Almost too good to be true.These next 30ish days will take FOREVER!

It looks even better when you look at the current Intrade odds on those toss-up states:NV - 60-37 Obama

CO - 70-30 Obama

OH - 58-45 Obama

FL - 54-45 Obama

MO - 42-60 McCain

IN - 36-66 McCain

VA - 55-46 Obama

NC - 48-53 McCain

Arsenal of Doom said:
adonis said:
bigbottom said:
It looks even better when you look at the current Intrade odds on those toss-up states:NV - 60-37 Obama

CO - 70-30 Obama

OH - 58-45 Obama

FL - 54-45 Obama

MO - 42-60 McCain

IN - 36-66 McCain

VA - 55-46 Obama

NC - 48-53 McCain
Assuming that McCain needs to win all those and that those InTrade odds are accurate, that means that McCain has a .. lessee, hmm ... a 0.22% chance of winning the election.

Arsenal of Doom said:
adonis said:
bigbottom said:

CO - 70-30 Obama

OH - 58-45 Obama

FL - 54-45 Obama

MO - 42-60 McCain

IN - 36-66 McCain

VA - 55-46 Obama

NC - 48-53 McCain
Assuming that McCain needs to win all those and that those InTrade odds are accurate, that means that McCain has a .. lessee, hmm ... a 0.22% chance of winning the election.
A McCain victory would be the single greatest upset of not only our lifetimes, but likely 6,000 years into the future.

Hey, I was wondering if the Obama fans would help me out here.

Lately I've been following McCain's lead and going very negative. I'd rather be the guy presenting the good side of the campaign, you know, being positive.

As an act of bi-partisanship, I'm asking you Obama fans to just reply to a post of mine every now and then if I start getting negative.

There's too much at stake these days to simply make it a vote "against" someone rather than a vote "for" someone.

You know, you guys on the left really seem to like Obama, so I've started taking a look at his site.

Under the "Diplomacy" section of his Official Site I saw this nugget:

Diplomacy: Obama supports tough, direct presidential diplomacy with Iran without preconditions.
Now THAT is the kind of "outside of the box" thinking that we sorely need :goodposting: I might be coming around on this guy :ph34r:

Interesting story: Obama helped total stranger in check-in line get her luggage home by giving her $103. In 1988.

Mary lacked money to fly home to Norway – he saved her love

ÅSGÅRDSTRAND (VG): Mary was a newlywed and ready to move to Norway, but was stopped at the airport because she didn’t have enough money for the trip. Then a stranger turned up and paid for her.

Mary Menth Andersen was 31 years old at the time and had just married Norwegian Dag Andersen. She was looking forward to starting a new life in Åsgårdstrand in Vestfold with him. But first she had to get all of her belongings across to Norway. The date was November 2nd, 1988.

At the airport in Miami things were hectic as usual, with long lines at the check-in counters. When it was finally Mary’s turn and she had placed her luggage on the baggage line, she got the message that would crush her bubbling feeling of happiness.

-You’ll have to pay a 103 dollar surcharge if you want to bring both those suitcases to Norway, the man behind the counter said.

Mary had no money. Her new husband had travelled ahead of her to Norway, and she had no one else to call.

-I was completely desperate and tried to think which of my things I could manage without. But I had already made such a careful selection of my most prized possessions, says Mary.

Although she explained the situation to the man behind the counter, he showed no signs of mercy.

-I started to cry, tears were pouring down my face and I had no idea what to do. Then I heard a gentle and friendly voice behind me saying, That’s OK, I’ll pay for her.

Mary turned around to see a tall man whom she had never seen before.

-He had a gentle and kind voice that was still firm and decisive. The first thing I thought was, Who is this man?

Although this happened 20 years ago, Mary still remembers the authority that radiated from the man.

-He was nicely dressed, fashionably dressed with brown leather shoes, a cotton shirt open at the throat and khaki pants, says Mary.

She was thrilled to be able to bring both her suitcases to Norway and assured the stranger that he would get his money back. The man wrote his name and address on a piece of paper that he gave to Mary. She thanked him repeatedly. When she finally walked off towards the security checkpoint, he waved goodbye to her.

The piece of paper said ‘Barack Obama’ and his address in Kansas, which is the state where his mother comes from. Mary carried the slip of paper around in her wallet for years, before it was thrown out.

-He was my knight in shining armor, says Mary, smiling.

She paid the 103 dollars back to Obama the day after she arrived in Norway. At that time he had just finished his job as a poorly paid community worker* in Chicago, and had started his law studies at prestigious Harvard university.

In the spring of 2006 Mary’s parents had heard that Obama was considering a run for president, but that he had still not decided. They chose to write a letter in which they told him that he would receive their votes. At the same time, they thanked Obama for helping their daughter 18 years earlier.

In a letter to Mary’s parents dated May 4th, 2006 and stamped ‘United States Senate, Washington DC’, Barack Obama writes**:

‘I want to thank you for the lovely things you wrote about me and for reminding me of what happened at Miami airport. I’m happy I could help back then, and I’m delighted to hear that your daughter is happy in Norway. Please send her my best wishes. Sincerely, Barack Obama, United States senator’.

The parents sent the letter on to Mary.

This week VG met her and her husband in the café that she runs with her friend Lisbeth Tollefsrud in Åsgårdstrand.

-It’s amazing to think that the man who helped me 20 years ago may now become the next US president, says Mary delightedly.

She has already voted for Obama. She recently donated 100 dollars to his campaign.

She often tells the story from Miami airport, both when race issues are raised and when the conversation turns to the presidential elections.

-I sincerely hope the Americans will see reason and understand that Obama means change, says Mary.

Interesting story: Obama helped total stranger in check-in line get her luggage home by giving her $103. In 1988.

ÅSGÅRDSTRAND (VG): Mary was a newlywed and ready to move to Norway, but was stopped at the airport because she didn’t have enough money for the trip. Then a stranger turned up and paid for her.

Mary Menth Andersen was 31 years old at the time and had just married Norwegian Dag Andersen. She was looking forward to starting a new life in Åsgårdstrand in Vestfold with him. But first she had to get all of her belongings across to Norway. The date was November 2nd, 1988.

At the airport in Miami things were hectic as usual, with long lines at the check-in counters. When it was finally Mary’s turn and she had placed her luggage on the baggage line, she got the message that would crush her bubbling feeling of happiness.

-You’ll have to pay a 103 dollar surcharge if you want to bring both those suitcases to Norway, the man behind the counter said.

Mary had no money. Her new husband had travelled ahead of her to Norway, and she had no one else to call.

-I was completely desperate and tried to think which of my things I could manage without. But I had already made such a careful selection of my most prized possessions, says Mary.

Although she explained the situation to the man behind the counter, he showed no signs of mercy.

-I started to cry, tears were pouring down my face and I had no idea what to do. Then I heard a gentle and friendly voice behind me saying, That’s OK, I’ll pay for her.

-He had a gentle and kind voice that was still firm and decisive. The first thing I thought was, Who is this man?

Although this happened 20 years ago, Mary still remembers the authority that radiated from the man.

-He was nicely dressed, fashionably dressed with brown leather shoes, a cotton shirt open at the throat and khaki pants, says Mary.

She was thrilled to be able to bring both her suitcases to Norway and assured the stranger that he would get his money back. The man wrote his name and address on a piece of paper that he gave to Mary. She thanked him repeatedly. When she finally walked off towards the security checkpoint, he waved goodbye to her.

The piece of paper said ‘Barack Obama’ and his address in Kansas, which is the state where his mother comes from. Mary carried the slip of paper around in her wallet for years, before it was thrown out.

She paid the 103 dollars back to Obama the day after she arrived in Norway. At that time he had just finished his job as a poorly paid community worker* in Chicago, and had started his law studies at prestigious Harvard university.

In the spring of 2006 Mary’s parents had heard that Obama was considering a run for president, but that he had still not decided. They chose to write a letter in which they told him that he would receive their votes. At the same time, they thanked Obama for helping their daughter 18 years earlier.

In a letter to Mary’s parents dated May 4th, 2006 and stamped ‘United States Senate, Washington DC’, Barack Obama writes**:

‘I want to thank you for the lovely things you wrote about me and for reminding me of what happened at Miami airport. I’m happy I could help back then, and I’m delighted to hear that your daughter is happy in Norway. Please send her my best wishes. Sincerely, Barack Obama, United States senator’.

This week VG met her and her husband in the café that she runs with her friend Lisbeth Tollefsrud in Åsgårdstrand.

-It’s amazing to think that the man who helped me 20 years ago may now become the next US president, says Mary delightedly.

She has already voted for Obama. She recently donated 100 dollars to his campaign.

She often tells the story from Miami airport, both when race issues are raised and when the conversation turns to the presidential elections.

-I sincerely hope the Americans will see reason and understand that Obama means change, says Mary.
:excited: :pickle: :thumbup:

Before September 22nd, 2008, the Humane Society Legislative Fund had never endorsed anyone running for President. Largely due to Palin's record, they have endorsed Obama.

Donated Friday and plan to one more time with next paycheck. One more month to go, would be great to win the $ race again in October.
It's awesome that you are so blessed to have that extra money available during this economy :towelwave:
It's an investment in the future. My country's future, and my family's future.After watching GWB get re-elected somehow, now is not the time for complacency. Gotta see it through to the end.

Before September 22nd, 2008, the Humane Society Legislative Fund had never endorsed anyone running for President. Largely due to Palin's record, they have endorsed Obama.
So?
So it may portend to a majority of pet lovers leaning Baracks way. Especially those who were/are undecided. A demographic of 65+ million.

:( :scared: :lmao:

Great for America!

The stock market is a nightmare - people are worried about their jobs, health care and their retirement. No one is going to care about William Ayres right now except for Fox News fans.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows Barack Obama attracting 52% of the vote while John McCain earns 44%. This is the highest level of support ever recorded for Obama and is his largest lead of the year. It also continues a remarkable twenty-five days in a row where the Democrat’s support has never declined by even a single point. The Democratic candidate has gained six full percentage points of support since Lehman Brothers collapsed to start the Wall Street mess (see trends). ...It is worth noting that Obama’s lead is now bigger than any lead enjoyed at any point by either candidate in Election 2004.

So?
So it may portend to a majority of pet lovers leaning Baracks way. Especially those who were/are undecided. A demographic of 65+ million.

:blackdot: :goodposting: :thumbup:

Great for America!
See how it's done Obama fans?I applaud your positive posting :thumbup:

The stock market is a nightmare - people are worried about their jobs, health care and their retirement. No one is going to care about William Ayres right now except for Fox News fans.
Was just thinking the same thing. Poor Palin gets off the leash a bit and immediately moves to page 4.

Let's all watch Obama take GA this year.
I've been saying he had a real shot in GA for a while, but didnt Obama pull his money and staff from there over a month ago now?
He pulled out about half his staff principally for the reason that he didn't need it to win the Presidency since both VA and NC would turn blue before GA. I don't think he has much of a chance in GA simply because the non-black vote is more conservative than either VA or NC, but who knows. At this point, its a high level problem to have.

Homer J Simpson said:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
:goodposting: to offshoring our trim.

Clayton Gray said:
From the link:
While McCain's positions on animal protection have been lukewarm, his choice of running mate cemented our decision to oppose his ticket. Gov. Sarah Palin's (R-Alaska) retrograde policies on animal welfare and conservation have led to an all-out war on Alaska's wolves and other creatures. Her record is so extreme that she has perhaps done more harm to animals than any other current governor in the United States.

Palin engineered a campaign of shooting predators from airplanes and helicopters, in order to artificially boost the populations of moose and caribou for trophy hunters. She offered a $150 bounty for the left foreleg of each dead wolf as an economic incentive for pilots and aerial gunners to kill more of the animals, even though Alaska voters had twice approved a ban on the practice. This year, the issue was up again for a vote of the people, and Palin led the fight against it -- in fact, she helped to spend $400,000 of public funds to defeat the initiative.

What's more, when the Bush Administration announced its decision to list the polar bear as threatened under the Endangered Species Act, Palin filed a lawsuit to reverse that decision. She said it's the "wrong move" to protect polar bears, even though their habitat is shrinking and ice floes are vanishing due to global warming.

The choice for animals is especially clear now that Palin is in the mix. If Palin is put in a position to succeed McCain, it could mean rolling back decades of progress on animal issues.

Voters who care about protecting wildlife from inhumane and unsporting abuses, enforcing the laws that combat large-scale cruelties like dogfighting and puppy mills, providing humane treatment of animals in agriculture, and addressing other challenges that face animals in our nation, must become active over the next six weeks to elect a president and vice president who share our values. Please spread the word, and tell friends and family members that an honest assessment of the records of the two presidential tickets leads to the inescapable conclusion that Obama-Biden is the choice for humane-minded voters.
Great lady.

Users who are viewing this thread