What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Baseball Forum Pinned Thread (2 Viewers)

Jose Berrios carved up Cleveland. He had that same vibe that Scherzer gets where it is surprising to see a batter square up even one pitch. 
there were some great pitchers and god awful lineups today.  berrios is real good, but that ***** lineup was bad.  the marlins and orioles and making me wonder if i can just stream SP against them all year.  the royals and white sox were bad, tigers terrible, blue jays ick.

there were some great pitchers and god awful lineups today.  berrios is real good, but that ***** lineup was bad.  the marlins and orioles and making me wonder if i can just stream SP against them all year.  the royals and white sox were bad, tigers terrible, blue jays ick.
You forgot the Giants

Remember when Alen Hanson was getting compared to Robby Thompson? 
Not by me.

The tools got  Hanson to replacement level but he was a terrible player to watch day in and day out. It's too early to have an opinion about Zaidi but I like that they've cut bait on Hanson.

Now watch him clear waivers and end up wirh 300 PAs with the Giants.

Encyclopedia Brown said:
Greiner and Jansen both grab some bench after one day. 

That doesn't seem to be a good way to build confidence in these young players. 
In my day, we used to wear out young knees

Just hit his third.  He has seen like 50 pitches tonight and I swear has crushed 20 of them either foul or, well, gone.

SPORTS Ron Darling: Lenny Dykstra’s racist tirade helped Mets win World Series

good lord

Lenny was leading off for us that night, as he did most nights when he was in the lineup, and as Oil Can was taking his final warmups on the mound, Lenny was in the on-deck circle shouting every imaginable and unimaginable insult and expletive in his direction — foul, racist, hateful, hurtful stuff. I don’t want to be too specific here, because I don’t want to commemorate this dark, low moment in Mets history in that way, but I will say that it was the worst collection of taunts and insults I’d ever heard — worse, I’m betting, than anything Jackie Robinson might have heard, his first couple times around the league. Way worse than the Hollywood version of opposing players’ mistreatment of Jackie that was on display in “The Jackie Robinson Story.” Way worse than whatever Kevin Garnett had famously said to get under Carmelo Anthony’s skin the night Melo went looking for K.G. in the locker room after a Celtics-Knicks game in 2013.

And yet whatever Lenny shouted at Oil Can out there on the mound that night might have had the desired effect, because Dennis looked rattled. It’s amazing to me, looking back, that there’s no footage from the game revealing Lenny’s treachery. He was out there shouting this stream-of-unconscionable s–t in plain sight, in earshot of anyone in one of the front rows and certainly in range of the cameras and microphones that had been set up to record the game, but I guess the attention was elsewhere.

Three consecutive errors by the same player with two outs in the 9th. Never seen that before. 
That was some crazy ish for sure.

I was half wondering if Xander would lay down a bunt at him in that last at bat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elvis Luciano comes into the game for the Jays and becomes the first player born in the 2000s to play in MLB. He was the guy who became rule 5 eligible because of some sort of contract issue, which is why he's on the roster despite never pitching above rookie ball and 7.27 spring ERA (but of course Vlad Jr needs more polishing and isn't ready).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yanks injuries keep piling up. Stanton could be out a month and it sounds like Andujar could be out the season.

I didn't really understand why Harper didn't just take the Nats' offer of 10/$300 if he just wanted security and a place to be for his whole career.  Even at only 10 years vs. 13, it seems stable enough.  I always assumed that deal was still on the table.  

But apparently not.  Harper originally was thinking about that offer and considering the market and then:

he got the team’s second offer. The Nationals wanted to give Harper a 12-year, $250 million deal. The deal would have contained deferred money that would have paid Harper until 2072.
So now it makes more sense why he continued to wait and shop and why the Phillies' offer was so much better.

Last night's Diamondbacks win was the first time since the SV was invented in 1969 that both the win and save went to pitchers making their MLB debuts.  So congrats I guess to Merrill Kelly and Jon Duplantier.

Yankees' murderer's row du jour

1. Brett Gardner CF 2. Aaron Judge RF 3. Luke Voit 1B 4. Gleyber Torres SS 5. DJ LeMahieu 3B 6. Mike Tauchman LF 7. Clint Frazier DH 8. Tyler Wade 2B 9. Austin Romine C

I think I said it in last years thread but had to again. Pedro is F'n awesome on MLB network. Watched him a bunch last night, so insightful. :wub:  

This is the weirdest start to a season I can recall.  Good starters pitching poorly.  Bad teams performing great and this 10 day IL is just a killer, so many players seeming are out hurt all the time.

Kenosha is towards right field
This is one of my favorite bits on Twitter ... whenever a media member (as long as I know them) uses a geographic description on a home run, I point out when they're talking about the wrong direction.

I'm a lot of fun at parties too.

Users who are viewing this thread