What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Bates Motel TV Series thread (1 Viewer)

The last episode "Norma Louise" was incredible. Awesome jobs by Farmiga and Highmore.

This has been a great season so far.

This show is pretty great. I think they do a good job with the sexual tension between Norman and his mom.

No word as to whether it's cancelled or renewed, and they say on the preview "the final 2 episodes" so not sure if they mean of the season or series. Would be a shame to end now but Norman is certainly near the edge.

I love this show. I hope it gets renewed. I read an interview with one of the exec producers a couple weeks ago, and this was the last question:

So, now that we've seen that awakening and Norman physically acting as Norma, do you feel this story is closer to its end than its beginning?
Ehrin: Yeah. Carlton [Cuse] and I have always felt it was a five-year story. The funny thing about this episode is it's almost exactly halfway through the series, which was not intended at all. It's just sort of funny that it happened that way. As for where it's headed, I can't say when certain things are going to happen, but it wouldn't necessarily be what you would think given the movie.

Didn't know Freddie/Norman was a Brit.
Yeah, it was weird the first time I heard him on some talk show, and this British accent came out. A few others I was surprised were faking American accents on TV are Matthew Rhys who is Welsh, and plays Phillip on The Americans, Rose Byrne who is an Aussie, and played Ellen on Damages, and Rachel Griffiths who is an Aussie, and played Brenda on Six Feet Under.

Didn't know Freddie/Norman was a Brit.
Yeah, it was weird the first time I heard him on some talk show, and this British accent came out. A few others I was surprised were faking American accents on TV are Matthew Rhys who is Welsh, and plays Phillip on The Americans, Rose Byrne who is an Aussie, and played Ellen on Damages, and Rachel Griffiths who is an Aussie, and played Brenda on Six Feet Under.
Emma is a Brit as well. The accent plus those big brown eyes. :wub:

No word as to whether it's cancelled or renewed, and they say on the preview "the final 2 episodes" so not sure if they mean of the season or series. Would be a shame to end now but Norman is certainly near the edge.
I love this show. i hope it gets renewed.

Renewed for season 4 AND 5...

http://tvline.com/2015/06/15/bates-motel-renewed-season-4-and-5/

A&E clearly has no reservations about keeping Bates Motel in business: The cabler has renewed the Vera Farmiga-Freddie Highmore drama for Seasons 4 and 5.

The move amounts to a 20-episode pickup, and ensures that co-creators Kerry Ehrin and Carlton Cuse will get to finish out what they have long billed as a five-season tale. However, A&E’s announcement stopped short of declaring Season 5 the show’s last.

“The vision of our incredible creative team has exposed the steady breakdown of the relationship between Norman and Norma Bates,” said Rob Sharenow, Executive Vice President and General Manager of A&E. “We are thrilled to bring fans two more seasons to witness the next stages of Norman’s transformation into the most notorious psychopath in cinematic history.”

Bates Motel‘s fourth season is slated to air in early 2016, followed by Season 5 in early 2017.

Enjoy this show. 

At some point you gotta figure he's gotta curtail the killing. 

Can you give cliff notes of what I've missed? Last month I was so immersed in my health insurance dropping me mid-treatment that I forgot about a lot of things. :/

I'll type of some cliffs notes in a little bit. You sure you're not going to watch the season?
I watched last night and will try to remember the following Mons. Wasn't Emma the one who needed to lug an oxygen canister? I don't know the story about her mother and father so I was lost there last night. I think I can piece together other stuff, but anything important to note would be appreciated. Thanks. Can't believe I've forgotten about one of my favorite shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched last night and will try to remember the following Mons. Wasn't Emma the one who needed to lug an oxygen canister? I don't know the story about her mother and father so I was lost there last night. I think I can piece together other stuff, but anything important to note would be appreciated. Thanks. Can't believe I've forgotten about one of my favorite shows.
not sure what TV option (cable, apps) you have but it is available on demand IIRC.

Haven't watched any of this season but my GF and I are big fans and looking forward to binging this some time in the future.

Okay, so this season the two main plot lines have been the Romero/Norma love story and Norman going to the Pine View mental hospital.  A minor plot line has been Emma. 

1. Emma - this is pretty straightforward.  Dylan's money got her to the top of the lung list.  She got a new lung.  Her and Dylan are now together.  Things are good, except that her mom showed up trying to see her.  Her dad turned her mom away and mom went to the Bates Motel... where the encountered Norman.  Norman killed her and took the heartfelt letter she had prepared for Emma.  Dylan later found the letter and suspects Norman of killing Emma's mom.  However, Emma and her Dad believe her mom just flaked out like usual.  Emma is sad that her mom flaked again.  Dylan and Emma are on the verge of banging finally. They're all moving to Seattle. 

2. Romero/Norma - Romero got a bunch of cash from the bad guy he killed last season.  Norma went to him for help with Norman because she's realized he needs to be given 24/7 care.  He helped her with cash but, when they realized how expensive the super nice place was, they got married to get Norman under Romero's good state health insurance.  The marriage was initially just a business arrangement but the two (awkwardly) actually fell in love (or at least lust) and he moved in and they're both super happy.  With Norman at Pine View Norma could actually lead a normal life and Romero is treating her very well.  He actually just gave her a ton of cash.  A minor subplot to this storyline is that Romero had an ex-girlfriend/ex f-buddy who got her hands on a ton of dirty money too.  There was significant tension between her and Romero bc she's pissed that Romero got married and they can't hook up anymore.  Romero helped her get her hands on the laundered, hidden money though (different cash from the money Romero has in his possession) so that made her happy.  She indicated she's leaving for Indiana so seemingly she's gone, but the DEA is investigating her so she could pop back up and cause issues for Romero if she's caught and rats on him.  

3. Norman - After Norman killed Blakely at the end of last season he was found in a crazy state and taken out by some random passerby.  He was initially committed to the state hospital, which had bad conditions, but Norma got him out with the plan to get him into Pine View (the nice facility).  Norma was able to get the financing lined up for Pine View (see above storyline) and convinced Norman to self admit.  Once inside Norman initially resisted treatment but through one on one session with the doctor his "mother" personality actually came out.  However, he wasnt taking his medications and he did run off with a buddy/another mental patient inside at some point and was about to kill a stripper when police arrest and concluded it was all the other patient's fault.  Norman returned to Pine View and continued to make good progress with his "mother" personality coming out often during sessions.  However, it all went to hell this past episode when he incidentally saw a news clipping indicated Norma got married to Romero.  This set off his jealousy and, since he was only voluntarily committed, he went through the proper channels to get out.  He also convinced both the doctor and Norma that he needs to come home.  Norma gave in and let him -- even though he's obviously not better.  He's also very pissed.  So, it's only a matter of time before he starts killing again and he's super pissed at Norma and Romero.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay me! I'm very tired from radiation tx today but managed to sit up to see this! Bummed the season is ending in a couple of epis? Could have sworn this series went on longer? :( Oh well. Bed time now. 

I don't think we will get a Norma-Norman sex scene now.
I have loved this season. Last night's episode could have been the season finale, but it wasn't! Next weeks finale should be fun. The acting in this show is so good. The showrunners said this about next year's final season "The events of Season 4 are really seismic and pivotal and long-planned, and they set up Season 5, which brings Norman ever closer to a version of the character that we saw in Psycho. We’re not remaking Psycho. That would be uninteresting. But we will be sort of crossing through some of the events of the original movie."

I have loved this season. Last night's episode could have been the season finale, but it wasn't! Next weeks finale should be fun. The acting in this show is so good. The showrunners said this about next year's final season "The events of Season 4 are really seismic and pivotal and long-planned, and they set up Season 5, which brings Norman ever closer to a version of the character that we saw in Psycho. We’re not remaking Psycho. That would be uninteresting. But we will be sort of crossing through some of the events of the original movie."
Well be interesting to see the transition to fill blown wack job next season.

Gotta figure Romero and Dylan at least are out of the picture by the end, right? 

Well be interesting to see the transition to full blown wack job next season.

Gotta figure Romero and Dylan at least are out of the picture by the end, right? 
You would think, but since they are loosely using the real Psycho as a blueprint for the final season, who knows what the ending will be. 

You would think, but since they are loosely using the real Psycho as a blueprint for the final season, who knows what the ending will be. 
If the first two episodes are some random mod girl stealing cash from her employer in Seattle then taking it on the lam, that would be uber annoying.

I think it would be best if you leave. I don't want to have to call the police.

Romero: I am the police #######.

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread