What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Big Brother 17 Thread***no spoilers (1 Viewer)

I was a big fan of Steve's, he's the first player in 3 seasons that I really got behind and hoped would win. My brother's a lot like him so it was just personal bias. (And I relate to the Superfans in general better because I'm also a live feeder).

That said, I can't really argue anything being said about him. His social game was so bad it made him a target. His awareness was so bad that he thought he had a F2 with Vanessa the whole way. He was kinda a competition beast (4 HOHs ties Van and the all-time record), and he knew BB strategy like the back of his hand, and that's all he really had going for himself. Execution was terrible.

I agree that Austin had game, I liked the duo of he and Van early on, they could have run this house all season long. Then he threw it all out for love and stopped thinking for himself and probably threw away a great shot at 500k. Hope Liz is worth that to him :shrug:
We thoroughly discussed this last night on Clash of Clans. Would have been something you found interesting I think.
I'll take "Things I'd never thought I'd read" for $1000 Alex.

I was a big fan of Steve's, he's the first player in 3 seasons that I really got behind and hoped would win. My brother's a lot like him so it was just personal bias. (And I relate to the Superfans in general better because I'm also a live feeder).

That said, I can't really argue anything being said about him. His social game was so bad it made him a target. His awareness was so bad that he thought he had a F2 with Vanessa the whole way. He was kinda a competition beast (4 HOHs ties Van and the all-time record), and he knew BB strategy like the back of his hand, and that's all he really had going for himself. Execution was terrible.

I agree that Austin had game, I liked the duo of he and Van early on, they could have run this house all season long. Then he threw it all out for love and stopped thinking for himself and probably threw away a great shot at 500k. Hope Liz is worth that to him :shrug:
We thoroughly discussed this last night on Clash of Clans. Would have been something you found interesting I think.
:lmao: well damn, if I'd known that...

(I do still have the app on my phone, almost have the urge to start playing again..)

:lmao: well damn, if I'd known that...

(I do still have the app on my phone, almost have the urge to start playing again..)
I could put in a good word for you. Pull some strings. You'd probably have to sit out a few wars until you prove yourself. :)

No respect for Vanessa being all pissy and throwing her vote to Liz.

I hope that over-emotional sobbing mess never darkens my tv again.

Last edited by a moderator:
They need to do a season of winners only. No one has an advantage, no one is an early target because they won already. Let's see who has game and was really just a floater.

I didn't think Vanessa seemed pissy. Austin on the other hand...
Yeah he's still holding a major grudge. Obviously he's going to vote for the love of his life but get over the fact that you got voted out.

Liz is going to be forced to live in a locked room in his house unless she escapes now.

seemed like Johnny Mac was the most bitter overall to me. Vanessa was more depressed it looked like to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Austin was definitely butt hurt.

You could tell Vanessa was salty. Just walked out without really acknowledging the solid game move by Steve.

Then throwing vote to Liz?

You kidding me? No way to explain that vote. Austin in love, Julia sister...and there's Vanessa. She's the gamer...the expert on all things strategy...able to somehow give her vote to Liz over Steve?

Turrible.

You could tell Vanessa was salty. Just walked out without really acknowledging the solid game move by Steve.

You kidding me? No way to explain that vote. Austin in love, Julia sister...and there's Vanessa. She's the gamer...the expert on all things strategy...able to somehow give her vote to Liz over Steve?

Turrible.
Meh, she was voted out 20 minutes earlier. Lots of things to dislike about her I guess, but that isnt a big deal to me.

Turrible.
She told Steve no hard feelings, and she didn't make a stink about it. Vanessa was aligned with both Liz and Steve, but longer with Liz. Maybe she threw her vote to Liz because she was actually friends with her and honored the alliance in the end. Maybe she threw the vote Liz's way in an attempt to take away some of the bitterness from Austin. Maybe she was hurt by Steve evicting her, and that played a part. She really didn't have time to think about things. She may have voted differently if she had more time to think about it. She went straight from being evicted by Steve, to having to vote on the winner. The vote really didn't make a difference, and she probably knew that Liz wouldn't have enough votes compared to Steve. Anyway, I didn't find her behavior anywhere near as "pissy" as Austin.

Hu-Tang Clan said:
They need to do a season of winners only. No one has an advantage, no one is an early target because they won already. Let's see who has game and was really just a floater.
Love this idea.

Here's something that may not have made it to the show. Steve was usually the last to go to sleep and almost every night would talk to the live feeders about his awareness of the house in general, and his thoughts on what his next move should be. That was another thing that endeared him to me, since you can never really trust anything anybody in the house says to another. Really helpful for me since I miss most of the TV shows and their DR sessions.

The origin of the nickname "Sneaky Steve" was that early on he would try to eavesdrop on conversations from nearby rooms. Apparently sound travels pretty well in this house, and what seems like a private conversation up in the HOH room might be completely audible to someone downstairs. Made me wonder how often someone overhears information they weren't supposed to.

What was confusing for me was the "confession" that Vanessa was a poker player.Having watched the feeds I could have sworn she told this to quite a few but maybe I'm wrong here.
No, that was known early on by at least Austin (the week Jeff was evicted). Or maybe only Austin/twins knew throughout the season? I don't think they knew she won millions playing poker though.
I could have sworn that Day(the poker dealer) told Jason and Meg about it as well.I clearly remember Van telling Austin and Liz about it though but agree she didn't go into detail as to how good she was.Funny thing was they didn't even bother to find out.
I'm guessing it;s the fact that she was so successful and how much money she won.

Here's something that may not have made it to the show. Steve was usually the last to go to sleep and almost every night would talk to the live feeders about his awareness of the house in general, and his thoughts on what his next move should be. That was another thing that endeared him to me, since you can never really trust anything anybody in the house says to another. Really helpful for me since I miss most of the TV shows and their DR sessions.
Steve was barely even shown on the live shows for the first 6 weeks at all. In one episode they showed him ironing a shirt and trying to put the board back because they had to manufacture ways to let everyone know he's actually still in the house. So maybe he did have strategy and a game plan but on the live shows he wasn't even acknowledged until well into this season.

Steve was barely even shown on the live shows for the first 6 weeks at all. In one episode they showed him ironing a shirt and trying to put the board back because they had to manufacture ways to let everyone know he's actually still in the house. So maybe he did have strategy and a game plan but on the live shows he wasn't even acknowledged until well into this season.
That is on CBS and the producers of the show then.As a live feed watcher myself I found myself liking the guy more and more as he talked to the audience and how he was playing the game.It doesn't make for good television but it also doesn't show he was fully into the game and playing it every second which is a lot more than I can say for 3/4's of the cast who got tons more airtime on the show.

Just watched the finale and it confirmed what I thought all season. Becky was the hottest houseguest this season, that dress killed me. Face isn't so bad considering it was hit by a freaking train and flew 20 feet.

http://tinyurl.com/ohrbhx9

First Look at the picture - don't read url title

Can you name her?

Former "Big Brother" star Krista Stegall -- who had some infamous drunken escapades -- got busted by cops for a major beef with her ex-husband.

Stegall was arrested in Louisiana on Wednesday afternoon when cops spotted her and realized there was a warrant out for her in a neighboring town. Law enforcement sources tell us she allegedly filed a false police report against her ex-husband, claiming his house was unfit for their children.

We're told her ex's pad was fine when cops checked, and that's when the warrant was issued. Police booked Stegall for criminal mischief and unlawful entry -- she allegedly tried to get into his crib at some point.

Back in Season 2 of 'BB' ... Krista got wasted and made out with housemate Justin, who then held a knife to her throat, and got booted from the show. Good times.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz3pzSrl95M

Users who are viewing this thread