What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Big Brother 18 Thread*** No Spoilers (6 Viewers)

I just don't understand putting your ally up...pawns this early?

You're taking away a vote.

Just put up the freaking newbie messiah and his best friend Victor or Beardsley and move on.
Agreed, but the messiah thing is ticking me off.  It kind of makes me think of how most people get their news.
The idiot said he was the messiah of this group of people, a stupid thing to say, but did not say he was the Messiah.  The one chick keeps ranting on him calling himself the Messiah and telling people that.  Context!  That's not what he said.

The greatest myth on these reality shows, where previous seasons' players return, is that those returning players are somehow experts or have some sort of extreme advantage.

It's just not true.
I don't think its true, but the vets do have the upper hand in that they don't get too emotional right from the start, imo.

Its almost like they set up the game to put the vets at a major disadvantage, but the the noob crew is just ####### stupid(Jozea and Victor, plus the spygirls)...it kind of evened out really quick. 

BB Road Kill > Battle of the Block. 

Is it that same comp every week though?  I missed the explanation. 

Agreed, but the messiah thing is ticking me off.  It kind of makes me think of how most people get their news.
The idiot said he was the messiah of this group of people, a stupid thing to say, but did not say he was the Messiah.  The one chick keeps ranting on him calling himself the Messiah and telling people that.  Context!  That's not what he said.
The context doesn't matter. The fact he even used the word messiah to describe himself shows what an arrogant tool he is.

The context doesn't matter. The fact he even used the word messiah to describe himself shows what an arrogant tool he is
Agreed he is an arrogant tool, but context does matter. 

"this group of people look at me as their messiah" - tool

"I am The Messiah" (as promised in the Bible) - tool and sacrilegious.  She's acting like he said the second.  He didn't.

Different levels of indignation.

I don't think its true, but the vets do have the upper hand in that they don't get too emotional right from the start, imo.

Its almost like they set up the game to put the vets at a major disadvantage, but the the noob crew is just ####### stupid(Jozea and Victor, plus the spygirls)...it kind of evened out really quick. 

BB Road Kill > Battle of the Block. 

Is it that same comp every week though?  I missed the explanation. 
What I don't like about BB Road Kill is just like Battle of the Block it diminishes the power of the HoH. Going to make it hard for power shifts to happen 

Seems that the producers are officially requiring for groups to name their alliances. Dumb as hell.

Also, I don't want to be  :tinfoilhat: this early into the season, but the Road Kill stuff appears to be an easy way for the producers to rig the game and help certain people/groups. If they're not going to put it on the feeds or air the competitions in their entirety, what's the keep the producers from gifting "wins" to whoever they want? There's no accountability.

EYLive said:
Seems that the producers are officially requiring for groups to name their alliances. Dumb as hell.

Also, I don't want to be  :tinfoilhat: this early into the season, but the Road Kill stuff appears to be an easy way for the producers to rig the game and help certain people/groups. If they're not going to put it on the feeds or air the competitions in their entirety, what's the keep the producers from gifting "wins" to whoever they want? There's no accountability.
I thought the same thing.  The producers have been caught meddling in the show before, and I wouldn't put it past them to have a player in mind that they wanted to win the competition come away victorious whether they won or not.  The whole thing seemed sketchy.

It was a pretty cool game changer though.  Really shakes things up if it's legit.

Oh, and the "name you group" thing is horrific.  "Want to hang out on the hammock for a bit?  Cool, let's think of a name.  We're the SWING SQUAD!"

EYLive said:

Oh, that's exactly what's going to happen. But to the extent that it's a fair fight, the Road Kill is a pretty cool wrinkle. I'd rather have that than HOH. It seems like most of the well thought of players have shied away from winning competitions, especially HOH, to avoid becoming a target. The anonymous feature is cool. 

Remind me of how the producers meddled before. I have to assume that would go against the Communications Act and would be illegal. 

Not sure why I am addicted this show every summer.   I am not sure who I am rooting for at this point but I can tell you who I want gone.  Josea, Paul, and Davonne are awful.  Hoping they are 1st 3 gone.  I hope Natalie can go very far for the eye candy factor alone.

But,

That’s the way some choose to play BB and it can be semi effective when trying to get rid of someone,  especially this early in the game. 

Agreed he is an arrogant tool, but context does matter. 

"this group of people look at me as their messiah" - tool

"I am The Messiah" (as promised in the Bible) - tool and sacrilegious.  She's acting like he said the second.  He didn't.

Different levels of indignation.
I didn't get that at all from her. I think she's acting like he said the first. Which he did.

I didn't get that at all from her. I think she's acting like he said the first. Which he did.
Exactly...I didn't read her intentions as him being blasphemous...she even mentions that he acts like he runs the house/newbies.

Remind me of how the producers meddled before. I have to assume that would go against the Communications Act and would be illegal. 
There have always been accusations that they provide leading questions in the diary room "how would you feel if someone in the house had a twin?" "How would you react if you found out someone lied about their job?"

As far as direct gameplay, season 13 it was pretty obvious that they tilted the game to keep Rachel around.  She was going home and then out of the blue....Pandoras Box!  Then a veto comp that played to her skill set!  Which she won!  Lots of "coincidental" stuff seems to happen when certain players are in danger.

Other small stuff like the producers calling in Derrick to change his batteries so he couldn't talk Cody out of nominating Caleb happen way too often. 

There have always been accusations that they provide leading questions in the diary room "how would you feel if someone in the house had a twin?" "How would you react if you found out someone lied about their job?"

As far as direct gameplay, season 13 it was pretty obvious that they tilted the game to keep Rachel around.  She was going home and then out of the blue....Pandoras Box!  Then a veto comp that played to her skill set!  Which she won!  Lots of "coincidental" stuff seems to happen when certain players are in danger.

Other small stuff like the producers calling in Derrick to change his batteries so he couldn't talk Cody out of nominating Caleb happen way too often. 
The same Pandora's box that was used in seasons 11 and 12? 

Overall, you may be right, but Id be surprised that CBS would take that kind of legality risk for such little gain. Id wager that a huge majority of people that watch the show dont drop out midway through the season because someone was eliminated. 

The same Pandora's box that was used in seasons 11 and 12? 

Overall, you may be right, but Id be surprised that CBS would take that kind of legality risk for such little gain. Id wager that a huge majority of people that watch the show dont drop out midway through the season because someone was eliminated. 
Anything that keeps us from having another nerd herd season is fine with me.

So Paulie isn't even part of the eight person alliance?  I guess Nicole had no allegiance to him after all.  

Do they know Corey is gay?  He is gay, right?
I thought he was from his diary room comments during the opening round table.  He made some comments on the Sunday episode also that would lead me to believe so.  

So Paulie isn't even part of the eight person alliance?  I guess Nicole had no allegiance to him after all.  
Yeah I was surprised by that too.  There were 4 vets in the room and Paulie but now they can't get him into their big alliance?  Maybe they want to make sure he doesn't go home this week and then bring him in.

I assume we're still seeing Jozea getting sent packing tonight right?  When the 7 people that get to vote from the 8pack alliance are the rest of the people going to figure out that the vets have allies?

I assume we're still seeing Jozea getting sent packing tonight right?  When the 7 people that get to vote from the 8pack alliance are the rest of the people going to figure out that the vets have allies?
I sure hope so just for the entertainment factor of the reaction.  Hopefully he doesn't catch wind ahead of time.

What an ######## Jozea is.  Just so clueless.  It will be entertaining watching his reaction tonight.

Frank seems to be playing a good game so far, actually all the vets are playing well. Can't wait for Jozea to hit the road, what a tool.  Hopefully beardface is next.

Frank seems to be playing a good game so far, actually all the vets are playing well. Can't wait for Jozea to hit the road, what a tool.  Hopefully beardface is next.
I really thought I was going to like Beardy McBeardface at first.  Boy, was I wrong.

I recognize one chick as a vet...who are the others?  Obviously, I haven't paid close attention to this show in a few years.

I really thought I was going to like Beardy McBeardface at first.  Boy, was I wrong.
I saw pictures online of him without the beard and he looks completely normal.  In fact, he has a smoking hot wife/girlfriend?   Not sure he is going with the James Harden look.

The Commish said:
I recognize one chick as a vet...who are the others?  Obviously, I haven't paid close attention to this show in a few years.
Frank, Nicole, James, and Da'Vonne.

Henry Ford said:
Yeah there isn't much to like about that shirtless bro club. bunch of idiots.

I think Frank is in a very good spot right now.  Hope beardie is gone this week.  It was great watching Josea get blindsided.  

Jozie has to be one of the most clueless and arrogant players they have ever let in the house.  He's the type of person who will watch those first few episodes and won't even see how terrible and stupid he looked.

It will be fun watching beardface, victor and the other couple clueless girls in the house react, weed out those 4-5 idiots and I think we will have some good gamers.

Jozie has to be one of the most clueless and arrogant players they have ever let in the house.  He's the type of person who will watch those first few episodes and won't even see how terrible and stupid he looked.

It will be fun watching beardface, victor and the other couple clueless girls in the house react, weed out those 4-5 idiots and I think we will have some good gamers.
Did you notice how his voice was deeper when talking to Julie after eviction?  Which one is the put on?

Is there a spoilers/after dark thread for this season?  I haven't seen one.

I think Frank is in a very good spot right now.  Hope beardie is gone this week.  It was great watching Josea get blindsided.  
Franks playing both sides, and if he's not careful, he'll get burned. But right now, he is playing a good game.

Mr.Pack said:
Franks playing both sides, and if he's not careful, he'll get burned. But right now, he is playing a good game.
The newbie side is a bunch of idiots, and he can just tell the vets he's doing recon like all of them are.  If the newbies were smarter he might be in trouble.

Quick Question.  I dont watch the feeds.  But if i watch after dark, will that spoiler things for the weekly shows?  Anyone watch it like this?  Was thinking of expanding from just the cbs shows but also dont want to have to watch the feeds all the time so was going to dvr the after dark show. 

Quick Question.  I dont watch the feeds.  But if i watch after dark, will that spoiler things for the weekly shows?  Anyone watch it like this?  Was thinking of expanding from just the cbs shows but also dont want to have to watch the feeds all the time so was going to dvr the after dark show. 
I don't believe the after dark feeds tell you any spoiler info.  People may talk about strategy and you hear who is hoh, etc.  They also will show the hoh room so you can figure it out.   However,  they don't put who the nominees are in the bottom of the screen or anything. 

If you watch you'll know who the nominations are, the roadkill winner and veto winner, before they are shown on CBS.

Jozea has to place top 5 in my least favorite people in BB history, and he was only there like a week.  That's pretty steller work.  I see he has a chance to come back.  His return would be quite a spectacle.  

What's the read you're getting on Bronte?  Nerdy spaz with nice cans?  She kinda scares me sometimes, not sure what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread