What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Defense Streaming*** - Championship Week(s)! (1 Viewer)

CAR Panthers are surprisingly high ranked in FBG Top 200 forward. I get that they have a lot of talent, but they have been far from reliable this year, and more often than not a defensive disaster. But I imagine they are on many wires out there.

CIN is also another D that is surprisingly ineffective based on talent on the roster.

Any thoughts about either of these Ds returning to some semblance of form, or are they lost causes?
Carolina is a lost cause. Not enough talent in the secondary to overcome the losses to the Dline.

Clorox said:
Like BobbyLayne, I'm on the Titans D/ST bandwagon. They play a bunch of teams that are sack/turnover prone.
FTR I'm not actually doing this, just thought it was a viable option.I had the Chiefs but dropped them to pounce on Cards tasty matchup v. STL.

ARI - DET @SEA @ATL KC @STL SEA

I've been mulling over who to pair them with all week.

BUF - @MIA NYJ CLE @DEN GB @OAK

I like this pairing best; may only use them wks 12 & 16, but they get sacks, TOs and don't yield too many points. Solid both IRL & FF.

CLE - HOU @ATL @BUF IND CIN @CAR

Pretty consistent, 12 turnovers last 4 weeks, 2-3 sacks six straight games. After 105 PA first 4 games, only 67 the last 5. Good schedule with 4-5 plus matchups. I think people have slept on how good of a DST option this is. Pairs well with ARI

HOU - @CLE CIN TEN @JAX @IND BAL

21 TOs is the best of the five options and great stretch wks 11-14. Can't trust them for the FF playoffs, and can't count on them duplucating the four D TDs they have. Given up 30 or more in four losses.

IND - NE JAC WAS @CLE HOU @DAL

Good schedule wks 12-15 but middling DST. 5 times given up 24 or more. 10th sacks, 14th TO, 23th in our scoring system.

KC - SEA @OAK DEN @ARI OAK @PIT

Lots of sacks and VG points allowed, but don't generate TOs. OAK doesn't actually give up a ton of FF points to DSTs despite being an awful team IRL.

Ended up dropping pit for min in one league and am starting them over ne.

Also dropped kc for clv in another and also playing over ne this week.

Any thoughts on best combo with Dolphins?
If Indy is still available, they're definitely the play. They were gone in my league, so I grabbed Cleveland. The two weeks you need to sit Miami are 12 (Denver) and 15 (NE). Cleveland has Atlanta in Week 12, which is a great play, and the Cinci rematch in Week 15. I'll probably roll with them that week if I don't have any better options, but I don't necessarily see a repeat of last Thursday.

I'm probably going with Indy and Houston after I stream in Washington this weekend. Their combined schedule after this week gives: Jax, Ten, @Jax, Hou, Bal, Jax (if you play week 17). Besides the Baltimore game that's a lot of offensive ineptitude. If you're cocky or have a lot of bench space, you could even grab Tennessee for their week 16 game at Jax.

I was torn between Minn and Clev, but I'm going with the latter. Right now, I am pairing GB with Clev.

Week 11 - Clev v. Hou

Week 12 - GB @ Min or Clev @ Atl

Week 13 - Clev @ Buf

Week 14 - GB @ Atl

Week 15 - Clev v. Cin

Week 16 - GB @ TB or Clev @ Car

Tenn is also on the WW so I am tempted to take them because of their Week 14-16 matchups (NYG, Jets, @ Jax)

I'm going Waahington's this week. Then probably some combo of Indy, GB and TN the rest of the year. TN looks enticing with Jets and Jax.

Last edited by a moderator:
SD or BUF for the next 2 weeks

SD: vs OAK, vs StL

BUF: @MIA, vs NYJ
Buff is a better defense. SD has the better matchups.
BUF is not just better, they're really good! Also, SD may well be in free fall (this is a team that lost 37-0 to a Miami offense that is competent but hardly a juggernaut).

This isn't even close. Pick up Buffalo and ride them the rest of the season.

I was torn between Minn and Clev, but I'm going with the latter. Right now, I am pairing GB with Clev.

Week 11 - Clev v. Hou

Week 13 - Clev @ Buf

Week 14 - GB @ Atl

Week 15 - Clev v. Cin

Tenn is also on the WW so I am tempted to take them because of their Week 14-16 matchups (NYG, Jets, @ Jax)
Interesting. Grabbed CLE off waivers as well and I like the potential you laid out with either GB or TEN. Is TEN really a D you can trust even against poor offenses?

Week 11 - CLE v. HOU

Week 12 - CLE @ ATL; IND v JAX

Week 13 - ICLE @ BUF; IND v WAS

Week 14 - IND @ CLE; CLE v IND

Week 15 - CLE v. CIN; IND v HOU

Week 16 - CLE @ CAR

As crazy as it sounds, NYG mIght be a good pairing too:

Week 11 - CLE v. HOU

Week 12 - CLE @ ATL

Week 13 - CLE @ BUF / NYG A JAX

Week 14 - NYG @ TEN

Week 15 - CLE v. CIN; NYG v WAS

Week 16 - NYG @ STL

Here CLE is with BUF, though not as strong given the 13-15 stretch:

Week 11 - CLE v. HOU

Week 12 - CLE @ ATL; BUF v NYJ

Week 13 - CLE @ BUF / BUF v CLE

Week 14 - CLE v IND

Week 15 - CLE v. CIN

Week 16 - BUF @ OAK

NYG has a nice schedule weeks 13-15 but I don't like their matchup @ Stl in week 16. In regard to your Tenn question, I was looking at their performances those year and they've done pretty well. So they should come through in weeks 15-16

NYG has a nice schedule weeks 13-15 but I don't like their matchup @ Stl in week 16. In regard to your Tenn question, I was looking at their performances those year and they've done pretty well. So they should come through in weeks 15-16
Stl is giving up the 3rd most pts to opposing fantasy defenses right now. Why wouldn't you like that?

Week 11 - Clev v. Hou

Week 13 - Clev @ Buf

Week 14 - GB @ Atl

Week 15 - Clev v. Cin

Interesting. Grabbed CLE off waivers as well and I like the potential you laid out with either GB or TEN. Is TEN really a D you can trust even against poor offenses?

Week 11 - CLE v. HOU

Week 12 - CLE @ ATL; IND v JAX

Week 13 - ICLE @ BUF; IND v WAS

Week 14 - IND @ CLE; CLE v IND

Week 15 - CLE v. CIN; IND v HOU

Week 16 - CLE @ CAR

As crazy as it sounds, NYG mIght be a good pairing too:

Week 11 - CLE v. HOU

Week 12 - CLE @ ATL

Week 13 - CLE @ BUF / NYG A JAX

Week 14 - NYG @ TEN

Week 15 - CLE v. CIN; NYG v WAS

Week 16 - NYG @ STL

Here CLE is with BUF, though not as strong given the 13-15 stretch:

Week 11 - CLE v. HOU

Week 12 - CLE @ ATL; BUF v NYJ

Week 13 - CLE @ BUF / BUF v CLE

Week 14 - CLE v IND

Week 15 - CLE v. CIN

Week 16 - BUF @ OAK
I wouldn't trust ten. They are in a lose as many games as possible mode

White Lightning said:

Week 11 - Clev v. Hou

Week 13 - Clev @ Buf

Week 14 - GB @ Atl

Week 15 - Clev v. Cin

This is the exact pairing I'm going with in both of my leagues. May it win us a championship.

Don't trust Ten, they're horrible! Just go with Clev vs. Cin or GB @ Buf in week 15 and GB @ TB or Clev @ Car in week 16.

Insein said:
White Lightning said:
Stl is giving up the 3rd most pts to opposing fantasy defenses right now. Why wouldn't you like that?
I didn't know that. I was basing it on Stl warming up and beating Seatle and San Fran. I also don't like NYG defense, but I didn't know they were giving up so many pts

I have Buffalo paired up with Baltimore. Pretty sure I make the play offs this season, so I am mostly concerned about playoffs. Does this look good you think? KC, SF, MIN, GB, IND, CLE still on the wire.

BAL @ JAX WEEK 15

BUF @ OAK WEEK 16

Have DEN this week and plan on picking up GB/CLE combo as well. I'll probably snag GB this week and hope I can drop DEN for CLE next.

Tasty combo.

White Lightning said:

Week 11 - Clev v. Hou

Week 13 - Clev @ Buf

Week 14 - GB @ Atl

Week 15 - Clev v. Cin

This is the exact pairing I'm going with in both of my leagues. May it win us a championship.Don't trust Ten, they're horrible! Just go with Clev vs. Cin or GB @ Buf in week 15 and GB @ TB or Clev @ Car in week 16.
God speed brother!

Insein said:
White Lightning said:
While this is true, the guy largely responsible for giving opposing defenses the 3rd most points just got benched.

Have DEN this week and plan on picking up GB/CLE combo as well. I'll probably snag GB this week and hope I can drop DEN for CLE next.

Tasty combo.
I have DEN as well, but considering using CLE instead. Trying to weigh Hill vs DEN or Mallett at CLE. Really leaning towards CLE this week.

Starting Jacksonville (bye week) with confidence (zero) over my Patriots defense. Is there any chance the Pats could still do well against the Colts? I don't want to take any chances.

zftcg said:
Insein said:
Shockizzle said:

BUF is not just better, they're really good! Also, SD may well be in free fall (this is a team that lost 37-0 to a Miami offense that is competent but hardly a juggernaut).

SD is coming off a bye at home vs oak and has gotten back 4 starters of Defense during the bye

zftcg said:
Insein said:
Shockizzle said:

SD is coming off a bye at home vs oak and has gotten back 4 starters of Defense during the bye
That doesn't change the fact that the Bills D is much better than SD. Also, Miami has been more generous to opposing defenses in fantasy than Oakland has this year. Anything can happen, but I'd take Buffalo easily here.

zftcg said:
Insein said:
Shockizzle said:

That doesn't change the fact that the Bills D is much better than SD. Also, Miami has been more generous to opposing defenses in fantasy than Oakland has this year. Anything can happen, but I'd take Buffalo easily here.
+1

Add on the fact that its a short week, and everyone and their mother knows that you fade Thursday night players, and ride good defenses. Buffalo against a gimpy Dolphin offense sounds like money. I see a 16-13 game tonight.

I certainly am not using a SD defense that just got torched for 37 points, no matter if they are coming off a bye week.

Car @ Phi - Under-performing defense meets Sanchize.

ETA: QB's the Panthers have faced the past four weeks - Dalton, Rodgers, Russell, Brees.

I think they are better than their numbers show due to the quality QB's they've faced.
I just saw this....pretty funny in hindsight.

Grabbed Indy and paired them with Houston. Still have Philly too, lol.

11 - Hou at Clev, Indy vs NE, Philly at GB

12 - Indy vs Jax, Phi vs Tenn, Hou vs Cincy

13 - Hou vs Tenn, Indy vs Wash, Phi at Dal

14 - Hou at Jax, Indy at Clev, Phi vs Sea

15 - Indy vs Hou, Phi vs Dal

16 - Phi at Wash, Hou vs Balt, Indy at Dal

In one of my leagues, I have hoarded the following 6 defenses, there's nothing else of value on the wire and I like to play keep away from the other owners.

San Diego: Wk 11: vs OAK, Wk 12: vs STL, Wk 13: at BAL, Wk 14: at NEP, Wk 15: vs DEN, Wk 16 at SF

San Fran: Wk 11: at NYG, Wk 12: vs WAS, Wk 13: vs SEA, Wk 14: at OAK, Wk 15: at SEA, Wk 16 vs SD

Indy: Wk 11: vs NEP, Wk 12: vs JAX, Wk 13: vs WAS, Wk 14: at CLE, Wk 15: vs HOU, Wk 16 at DAL

Houston: Wk 11: at CLE, Wk 12: vs CIN, Wk 13 vs TEN, Wk 14 at JAX, Wk 15: at IND, Wk 16 vs BAL

Green Bay: Wk 11: at PHI, Wk 12: at MIN, Wk 13 vs NEP, Wk 14 vs ATL, Wk 15 at BUF, Wk 16 at TBB

New Eng: Wk 11: at IND, Wk 12: vs DET, Wk 13 at GBP, Wk 14 at SD, Wk 15 vs MIA, Wk 16 at NYJ

CIN is also another D that is surprisingly ineffective based on talent on the roster.

Any thoughts about either of these Ds returning to some semblance of form, or are they lost causes?
CIN seems to have some decent match-ups Weeks 12 and 13. I'm thinking about using them against HOU and TB.

anyone considering the rams for the oak, wash weeks? i currently have cle for this week
Oakland - despite something like 19 TOs - doesn't actually yield more than mid-range FF points to DSTs. To get an elite matchup you need a pick six machine like Austin or Bortles so you can that 8 point burst instead of picking up single pionts for sacks/4th down stops or twosies from turnovers/blocked kicks. The 'skins were more attractive when they had the sucktitude of Cousins.

Roll with the Browns, bro - solid IRL and FF.

I own Browns & am really hoping DT Phil Taylor is good to go this week. They are a much better unit when he's on the field.

I'm going with buffalo tonight... tannehill is something like 1-6 against them and MIA just lost their left tackle last week. Also, MIA has yielded big numbers (in my scoring system) to BUF and DET already this year... two if the better real NFL D they have played.

Currently sitting on Detroit and Cleveland. Feel like I hit the lotto, though a roster crunch has me considering dropping one to fix the issue (would probably cut Cleveland of the two if forced).

Miami at home on a short week vs Kyle Orton? Even with the suspect OLine and Buf's stellar DLine play this year, I'm thinking of rolling the Fins out there tonight. Of course, my alternative is KC vs SEA. If I didn't have Wilson and Lynch and wasn't terrified at the idea of starting Eli on a must-win week for me it would be a different decision.

####

ETA: FBG has Miami #1 this week? Interesting.

Miami at home on a short week vs Kyle Orton? Even with the suspect OLine and Buf's stellar DLine play this year, I'm thinking of rolling the Fins out there tonight. Of course, my alternative is KC vs SEA. If I didn't have Wilson and Lynch and wasn't terrified at the idea of starting Eli on a must-win week for me it would be a different decision.

####

ETA: FBG has Miami #1 this week? Interesting.
I'm rolling with Miami also. The Finnegan injury has me a little concerned, but that Dline is beasting right now.

I'm going with buffalo tonight... tannehill is something like 1-6 against them and MIA just lost their left tackle last week. Also, MIA has yielded big numbers (in my scoring system) to BUF and DET already this year... two if the better real NFL D they have played.
Mulling this over. Other option is ARI @ home v. DET.

This has all the makings of a Thursday night feasting. Miami at home against a rival that beat them good earlier in the year.

Add in that I'm facing Miami DST and need to play Orton in another league and you can rest assured they will get 30 pts tonight.

Anyone besides me like Green Bay as a sneaky start this weekend? Supposed to be frigid and Sanchez is mistake prone.

CLE becomes a really good play if foster is it out. I was considering them before the foster news so if he is really out the play become that much better.

(HULK) said:
Anyone besides me like Green Bay as a sneaky start this weekend? Supposed to be frigid and Sanchez is mistake prone.
Eagles will run, run and run some more. No chance. Teams you don't stream against: Denver, Indy, Philly, New England, Green Bay, Saints (@ home).

Steeler said:
CLE becomes a really good play if foster is it out. I was considering them before the foster news so if he is really out the play become that much better.
Came here to post this same thing. Was going to go with Vikings at Bears, which is still a decent option, but the thought of Cleveland at home in the cold facing Ryan Mallet and Alfred Blue has me salivating. I think they're going to have a HUGE game.

Users who are viewing this thread