What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Defense Streaming*** - Championship Week(s)! (2 Viewers)

So much for OAK staying under 300 yards when they get 90 on one play.

Sorry guys :bag:
A disappointing night for the Kansas City defense to be sure. I knew that Oakland didn't give up a bunch of sacks, but damn.

Next week I am considering either St. Louis vs. Oakland or Cincinnati vs. Tampa Bay. What say you defensive streamers?

So torn with so many good options. I can't see playing DET this week against NE. Some site has DET #1...silly. But DET does have a few good matchups left this year. Would have to drop them and hope to get them back. Considering:

BUF at home team against NYJ in Detroit. Perhaps the fast surface helps Vick a tad?

GB on the road against the Vikings

IND at home against the JAGS who seem to be a feast. I think they will play pissed off this week. IND looks like it has a good remaining schedule. Kind of quiet on the D/ST front recently...

SF at home against WAS. RGIII meltdown?

It's soooo dicey with points meaning sooo much right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
So torn with so many good options. I can't see playing DET this week against NE. Some site has DET #1...silly. But DET does have a few good matchups left this year. Would have to drop them and hope to get them back. Considering:

BUF at home team against NYJ in Detroit. Perhaps the fast surface helps Vick a tad?

IND at home against the JAGS who seem to be a feast. I think they will play pissed off this week. IND looks like it has a good remaining schedule. Kind of quiet on the D/ST front recently...

I'd have SF as the #1 D this week.

At the last minute I junked KC and picked up Indy. I prefer them to GB or Buff. FWIW

I'd have SF as the #1 D this week.

At the last minute I junked KC and picked up Indy. I prefer them to GB or Buff. FWIW
Something tells me that IND will be all over the JAGS this week. Big lead. Luck will get his. Who catches the TD's? I can see the D/ST feasting and licking their chops.

Likely Running with GB/Giants

GB @ Min

NYG @ Jax

NYG @ Ten

GB @ Buf

GB @ Tampa
Can we really play the Giants d? Maybe vs Jax but not at Tennesse Im thinking
Wondering about this too. Looks good on paper for the playoffs -- @ JAX, @ TEN, WAS. But let's not kid ourselves, the NYG D is bad. As in 22nd overall in passing YA, and are turnstile, seive-like, rock bottom last in rush YA. They get some INTs but generate no rush on opposing QBs.

And maybe this is overstating the case base on last game or two played, but here is what I see:

JAX -- outside of Shoelace, still a great matchup for any D

TEN -- they are relatively soft, but Mettenberger lookes pretty efficient and poised, and are succeeding with giving Sankey more carries

WAS is picking up their run game, and it seems likely RG3 won't suddenly break out, but it is possible he shines in a divisional matchup with nothing to lose but pride.

Decent opposing schedule for even a middling D, but NYG is not even a middling D.

So badly want to trust them, as I need someone to pair with IND out of NYG, TEN, CLE, CAR, DAL, MIN, PIT, and some other bottom dwellers, but not sure NYG is the D to trust.

Anyone else concerned about Buffalo now? With the choices I had, they were easy to keep active (they were decent enough against Miami). They reported on ESPN that they might not be able to have all 53 players in Detroit and they haven't been able to practice.

Anyone else concerned about Buffalo now? With the choices I had, they were easy to keep active (they were decent enough against Miami). They reported on ESPN that they might not be able to have all 53 players in Detroit and they haven't been able to practice.
I'd avoid all Bills players. Hard enough to compete in this league but not practicing and having their personal lives thrown upside down has got to have an affect.

I'd avoid all Bills players. Hard enough to compete in this league but not practicing and having their personal lives thrown upside down has got to have an affect.
Yeah, starting to get worried. Just wondering if they'll play with more emotion or have a total letdown. San Diego is really the only other useful D left, but like the others on waivers none of them have been as consistent as the Bills lately.

I am rolling out the Bucs @ Chicago in a couple leagues. Cutler is good for at least 2 turnovers and a couple sacks and is overdue for a pick 6 (and I'm a Bears fan). Couple this with Lovie coming back to town and Its like the perfect storm. Plus its gonna be a wet and sloppy field.

KC was disappointing but they should have had two INTS and one could have been a pick 6 plus they nearly had a special teams TD. Could have easily been a 20 point night.

Have hou/det. Was going for bal, got outbid. Can't beleive the guy that outbid me dropped det so I picked em up for free. Nice sch. Combo

Seattle was just dropped in my league. FBG seem to like them this week vs ARI but would you start them over NE (vs DET)? And rest of season schedule for SEA doesn't look good. @SF @PHI SF @ARI

Have GB and Miami and just picked up Bmore for wk 15 vs Jags (and/or more)-- gonna roll with that -- still, sometimes these match-ups dont shape up like think -but that's why at 7-4 I'm willing to hold onto 3 DST to see how the weeks shake out and provide options.
That Ravens v Jax matchup in week 15 is pretty nice but you do have to pretty much carry them a few weeks given the intervening schedule, @NO/SD/@Mia.

Someone dropped Seahawks and although their matchups aren't the best and they are no longer a dominant real life d I may scoop them up and roll with them. Got burnt two weeks in a row with Chiefs this week and Browns last week. Me thinks mediocre teams may be too dicey going forward

would anyone play the giants @ jax over stl at home against the raiders? nyg are available, but they're the giants. buuuuuuut, it's jax. lol

Yeah, starting to get worried. Just wondering if they'll play with more emotion or have a total letdown. San Diego is really the only other useful D left, but like the others on waivers none of them have been as consistent as the Bills lately.
Went with San Diego right before games started. It worked out well with the TD and turnovers, but man giving up 14 of the 24 points on a 99 yard INT and a fake punt because St. Louis still had a chance is annoying. If Rivers doesn't throw the pick and SD scores, the San Diego defense probably would have had a great game. That said, butterfly effect, so maybe no D TD. Either way, glad I switched them in based on other folks doubt. Bills may do well, but it just seemed like I'd rather take some safer points.

Waivers closes for my league following this week so I'm putting in for my playoff bench. I have HOU and IND, but I'm going to put in for MIA (dropped last minute over the weekend) and TEN to end up with HOU, MIA, TEN.

I think I can afford the bench slot and this gives me the following schedule:

MIA@NYJ

HOU@JAX

NYJ@TEN

TEN@JAX

JAX@HOU or NYJ@MIA (week 17 which sucks to play).

The only thing that makes me nervous is holding only 1 slot for a backup WR (I'm holding 3 RBs) and no backup TE. chasing the few extra points from streaming and then losing in the championship because my TE goes down would be the dumbest way to lose a league. But that schedule looks kind of ridiculous.

Incredibly, both MIA and BUF are on my WW. (Dolphins I get because of the Denver match-up, but Bills made no sense.)

I'd put in claims for both except that they don't pair very well together. Great match-ups this week, unusable in Weeks 14-15, and then great in Week 16.

So I put my claims in for Miami first, then Buffalo, based on the stronger Week 13 match-up (need to win to lock up my playoff spot.) Whichever one I get, I'll pair them with Indy the rest of the way. If I don't get either, I'll just stick with Indy, which is a so-so D with some plus match-ups.

Briefly considered NYG because of the Jax match-up, but I don't know if I trust them even in that spot.

Thoughts on NYG? I have Indy and Cincy rostered. NYG are the only one on the WW that looks goods. They play (with points allowed to DEF in my league) - Jags (1), Titans (6), Skins (7) and Rams (2). Fools gold over Indy/Cincy?

Thoughts on NYG? I have Indy and Cincy rostered. NYG are the only one on the WW that looks goods. They play (with points allowed to DEF in my league) - Jags (1), Titans (6), Skins (7) and Rams (2). Fools gold over Indy/Cincy?
NYG just lost their 6th in a row after having the cowboys dead to rights. I think the fight might go out of them soon. Can't trust that in the playoffs unless you have no choice.

This was the week I planned on using the Bills, but IND at home v. JAX is very tempting.
Chickened out due to the disruption of Snomageddon. IND netted me 16 points, not bad. Would have picked up 24 last night had I stuck with BUF.

Somebody dropped HOU on their bye and nobody wanted to pick them up for the Bengals game. Putting a claim in tonight; dropping Colts, we'll see if I land them.

Would love to roll with them for a couple weeks (TEN and @ JAX), then plug in ARI - my other DST - for week 15 versus StL. I'll probably drop HOU for BUF after Week 14 for their Week 16 v. OAK.

Short benches, can't drop anyone to pick up a third DST. Week 15 is problematic for DST matchups so I am loathe to drop ARI now for the pre-emptive pickup of BUF (would also have to wait until waivers process since I dropped them Saturday.

For weeks 14 &15, would you take KC or Tennessee?

KC @ Ariz in week 14...who will the AZ QB be? Will Stanton be back?

KC vs. Oak in week 15...they didn't look too good at the Black Hole...will they be better at home?

Tenn vs. NYG in week 14...which Eli will show up?

Tenn vs. NYJ in week 15...should be a bonanza (or perhaps not as good as Balt vs. Jax the same week).

Miami covers me in weeks 13 (@ NYJ) and 16 (vs. Minn)

Of course, Tenn is @ Jax in week 16, so they might be good for weeks 14-16.

KC vs. Oak in week 15...they didn't look too good at the Black Hole...will they be better at home?

Tenn vs. NYJ in week 15...should be a bonanza (or perhaps not as good as Balt vs. Jax the same week).

I don't trust TN's D enough to play them in the playoffs.

Earlier in the year, folks singled out NYG for their schedule. From here on out, I believe it's JAX, Tenn, Wash, ST.L.

Is that schedule still enough to entice you or is it just too much of a reach to play NYG Def in playoffs...

I've been rolling with Bills the last 2-3 weeks but as their playoff schedule is not good, I'm scrambling to see who is out there.

KC just became available on my WW. Any thoughts on them ROS? I initially figured they were elite, but they actually haven't put up such great numbers this year.

Don't need them this week, but I like them in their Week 15 rematch with Oakland. Question is what to make of them Week 14 @ Arizona.

I think Oakland has proven that they are not a viable offense to go against for fantasy defenses. They gave up big games against Miami and Cleveland but otherwise have been middle of the road to unusuable. I don't know if I could roll against them in the playoffs if other options were there.

drfeelgood said:
davidwb said:

I don't trust TN's D enough to play them in the playoffs.
I'm looking at picking up TN for weeks 15/16 (vs. NYJ/JAX). I have HOU already for weeks 14, 17 (JAX x2 - we play through week 17). Might be putting too much emphasis on playing against JAX, but that said, I don't really want to rely on HOU week 15 against IND, they have been giving up some points recently.

MikeApf said:
Earlier in the year, folks singled out NYG for their schedule. From here on out, I believe it's JAX, Tenn, Wash, ST.L.

Is that schedule still enough to entice you or is it just too much of a reach to play NYG Def in playoffs...

I've been rolling with Bills the last 2-3 weeks but as their playoff schedule is not good, I'm scrambling to see who is out there.
I'm not convinced that the Giants D will do anything against the "easy portion of their sched" with the POSSIBLE exception of this week and Week 17 against the Rams... and, even then, they'll underachieve compared to their projection/what other teams have done against them.

Giants or Titans for week 15? Both are on my WW and I'm torn. Certainly one of you experts has an opinion.

I don't trust either of them, but I like their match ups a bit better than the Packers vs Buffalo.

Giants or Titans for week 15? Both are on my WE and I'm torn. Certainly one of you experts has an opinion.

I don't trust either of them, but I like their match ups a bit better than the Packers vs Buffalo.
So much can change between now and then, and it's better to take the team with more momentum going into that week. But understand that you can't wait unit then.

Gun to the head, I say Giants. Even though it's on the road, I think they have more all around talent. But I do think this could be a coin flip either way.

I have 4 defenses rostered in a 15 roster league. They are the biggest wild card in point production in my major league. Can score 4 or 24. Cant leave sweet matchups anywhere with playoffs approaching, keeping them out of other hands can be a difference in 10 points.

Hous vs Ten for the start in Week 13 and start week 14 against Jags.

NYG vs Jax this week for the block, my opponent has NE and a thin wire, had to scoop them.

SF against Oak in week 14 for the block, cant let someone have that.

Baltimore, hoping to get to start them week 15 against Jax.

Strategy and preparation in the sum of 30% of my roster.

I have 4 defenses rostered in a 15 roster league. They are the biggest wild card in point production in my major league. Can score 4 or 24. Cant leave sweet matchups anywhere with playoffs approaching, keeping them out of other hands can be a difference in 10 points.
I'm in the same boat. I was holding Miami and Indy for their great pairing. Someone dropped Detroit last week for their matchup against NE so I put in a waiver claim and dropped my bye week qb. I only have 5 bench spots and 2 are defenses, but with playoffs starting and 3 solid bench depth players, it starts to become a solid move to snag defenses.

Whos the better play this week?

Clv @ buf

Or

Min vs car
I picked up Min for this and next. They've been decent to great when playing OK to bad offenses. They are under the radar a bit because they played GB twice, NE, NO, CHI and ATL (week 4 before they lost their entire OL). Against the weaker OLs they gotten lots of sacks and pressure so Carolina is a good matchup. I already have my division/slot set so I'm looking forward to pressure against Vick/Smith to get sacks and INTs.

• Week 13 HOU (Ten)
  • Week 14 HOU (@ Jax)
  • Week 15 ARI (@ StL)
Those are the two I'm holding right now. Not keen on either one for Week 16 Championship Week, but that's a long ways off.

I'm hoping to grab BUF (I dropped last weekend for IND v. Jax) after Week 14 for their sweet Week 16 matchup @ Oak.

Actually contemplated dropping some serviceable depth talent now to make a preemptive move, but I think I better sit tight.

Users who are viewing this thread