What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Defense Streaming*** - Championship Week(s)! (1 Viewer)

Wait, you guys actually plot this stuff out weeks in advance and agonize over it?

I look at which teams are available every week (there are always at least 16 of them on the wire) and then just choose the best one. :shrug:
I think you can go a couple weeks ahead planning Defense, things change quickly so I typically only roster 1 D unless I see Jax on the schedule.
So if you only roster 1, how do you go a couple weeks ahead?
Hence my reason to carry 1, I look for a decent stretch then drop that D, pick up, repeat...
He said "you guys actually plot this stuff out weeks in advance", which I took to mean you pick up a D before you are going to use them. If you wait until they have a decent stretch, there's a pretty good chance that they won't be available.

I am kinda liking CHI this week, Miami is giving up a ton of fantasy points to opposing DEF and no Knowshon. Tannehill has not been very good either.

Looks like it could be a bit Boom or Bust but I think I will roll with Da Bears at home.

DET is available on my FA list

Right now I have CHI against MIA - thinking Miami gives it up enough and they are a warm weather team going to a cooler climate.

Kinda scared the saints will come out of their bye ready for DET.

Still have TEN v WAS in the battle of suck. I don't feel great about it but Was has been turning it over...

Last edited by a moderator:

Right now I have CHI against MIA - thinking Miami gives it up enough and they are a warm weather team going to a cooler climate.

DET shouldn't be available. You could pick them up and be set for the rest of the year.

DET shouldn't be available. You could pick them up and be set for the rest of the year.
No defense is set for the year. Detroit is solid though and should help you most weeks. Definitely need to jump on that.

I'm playing buff d.

Buff d and kc d are a sweet rest of year combo. That's called defense by committee....a lot of you guys are confusing that and streaming.
:rolleyes:
7 MIN

8 STL 9 NYJ 10 KC 11 @MIA 12 @OAK 13 CLE 14 @Ari 15 @OAK 16 OAK

championship. Unless you play in non-competitive leagues. Im sure you can add who you want in your yahoo local league.

No defense is set for the year. Detroit is solid though and should help you most weeks. Definitely need to jump on that.
Right now I have philly def on the bench due to the bye - they have been really hot.

I'm playing buff d.

Buff d and kc d are a sweet rest of year combo. That's called defense by committee....a lot of you guys are confusing that and streaming.
:rolleyes:
7 MIN

8 STL 9 NYJ 10 KC 11 @MIA 12 @OAK 13 CLE 14 @Ari 15 @OAK 16 OAK

championship. Unless you play in non-competitive leagues. Im sure you can add who you want in your yahoo local league.
LOL @ ITS and his my league is better than your league schtick. You are, if anything, predictable.

Baltimore at home against the Falcons and their faltering defence and most offensive line TYVM.

Right now I have philly def on the bench due to the bye - they have been really hot.
Yes they have. But they're not a really "good" defense. They're oppostunistic. I worry about what happens when the TDs and turnovers stop coming. Believe me I hope they keep coming but it's hard to bank on it.

Yes they have. But they're not a really "good" defense. They're oppostunistic. I worry about what happens when the TDs and turnovers stop coming. Believe me I hope they keep coming but it's hard to bank on it.
Yes but remember KC last year - no one believed until about week 6 or 7 - #1 DEF last year.

I think Philly is this year's KC.

I dropped CHI and will play DET this week.

Yes but remember KC last year - no one believed until about week 6 or 7 - #1 DEF last year.

You may be right and I think my fandom clouds my judgment on the Eagles sometimes.

I think the Chargers are way over-rated. I had a great run with them until they screwed me last week. But even during the awesome weeks it was just the fact that they were playing bad teams and their offense dominates time of poss. They don't get sacks or turnovers regularly so if a team can move the ball and put up points you're basically screwed.

I'm paying $10 a pickup so I key on 1-2 DSTs that can help me over an extended period. Right now I have the Bills and the Colts DST is available.

That would give me:

7: Bills vs. MINN

8: Bills @ Jets

9: Colts @ Giants

10: Colts vs. KC

11: Bills @ Miami

12: Colts vs. Jax

13: Colts vs. Wash

14: Colts @ Browns

15: Colts vs. Houston

16: Bills @ Oakland

All available DSTs:

Colts, Packers, Chargers, Vikings, Rams, Skins, Saints, Jax, Oakland, Panthers, Falcons, Jets, Rams

The problem with Philly is they won't keep scoring TDs. THey have 7..... blew up early but if you missed out on that then you are SOL.

Insein said:
Jack White said:
Macdaddy_2004 said:

Detroit owner for some reason cut them this week. I'm putting in a claim (dropping SD; so if I don't get them I'm not too bummed).

Of the teams that were available in most of my leagues, I'm liking DAL (vs NYG) the most. To a lesser extent, I like WAS (vs TEN), MIA (@CHI), CLE (@JAC), and IND (vs CIN). Obviously, it depends somewhat on scoring formats. And, in the leagues where I could get them, I grabbed BUF (vs MIN) and SD (vs KC). If I had to rank those seven, I would probably go:

BUF (Detroit shut down the Vikings at MIN... I think the Bills can do even more damage with MIN traveling to NY)

DAL (divisional game scares me a bit, as well as the unpredictability of the NFC East, but the Giants were an absolute mess last week)

SD (I think the Chargers defense is better than what we saw last week)

WAS (I like WAS at home against the relatively weak TEN offense)

MIA (I think this is a defense that can be dominating at home, but still good enough on the road to force a few turnovers/sacks)

CLE (Underrated defense against a below average offense with a rookie QB... There are worse options out there)

IND (Cincy is struggling a bit, and IND defense is playing well... I like them to wreak havoc at home)

Long-term, I'm liking Dallas over the next six weeks (next 5 games are decent matchups... NYG, WAS, ARI, @JAC, BYE, @NYG). Again, there's something about the NFC East (anybody beats anybody when you least expect it) that makes me slightly wary. I like how they're playing, though, and in leagues where there isn't much else available, I think they're worth taking a chance on.

I know SF has historically been a good D. And this year they've been pretty streaky. That being said they got DEN this week. Is anyone holding onto them or just cutting bait for the likes of CLE?

When this season began, never in a million years did I anticipate picking up the Dallas defense. Well, I just did.
Yea, slim pickens in my one league and I had to do the same. I don't feel good about it because this has trap game written all over it. Either Giants bounce back and make this an awful pick up, or they really do suck and Dallas rolls like Philly did.
100% smells like a trap to me. Vegas pretty much thinks DAL would only be 3 point favorites on neutral ground and we just saw arguably the worst effort of the season from NYG and the best effort of the season from DAL last week.
looked at the stats from last year, and DAL scored 3 D tds vs. NYG last season. maybe we'll get some of that mojo.

the only other decent option on the ww is IND, and i'm leery of SD vs. KC. count me in and go cowboys.

Plays of the week

We'll start with the obvious.

Cleveland at Jacksonville (51%): Jax is on a historic pace of points allowed to opposing defenses. They're allowing nearly 25 pts in my league and the next closest is St Louis with 18. From here on out, start anyone vs Jax.

Baltimore vs Atlanta (46%): The Falcons on the road are not the same as at home. The Ravens have also quietly put together a decent NFL defense that plays well at home. Should be a good day in Baltimore.

Dallas vs NY Giants (19%): There is a risk here. Cowboys defense has been a product of their offense. They are still giving up they same yards per play as last years awful unit. The only difference is that they are playing about 12 less plays a game. If he Giants have any pride, they could bounce back and make this a game. But if last weeks drubbing was the sign of the real GMen shining through, expect a good day down in Jerry World.

Cleveland scares me. The matchup screams pick them up but the stats do not.

They are letting up 409 yards per game, 23 pts per game and are only collecting 2 sacks and 1 turnover. Now granted the offenses they've faced were all ranked in the top 15 but it's still alarming. Even last week with a supposedly dominate game, they only netted 10 points in my league.

I'd probably buy in for the Jax game but I wouldn't stay on for more than that.
Thankfully I played against Cleveland today. Should not have made them one of my plays though. Just felt wrong.

Is Indy's DEF as good as they appear? Thinking if dropping Seattle for them. Seattle is just a pathetic FF DEF this year.

They are letting up 409 yards per game, 23 pts per game and are only collecting 2 sacks and 1 turnover. Now granted the offenses they've faced were all ranked in the top 15 but it's still alarming. Even last week with a supposedly dominate game, they only netted 10 points in my league.

Thankfully I played against Cleveland today. Should not have made them one of my plays though. Just felt wrong.
Played them in one league, faced them in another. How many points did they get in your leagye? In FFPC they got 8.

Played them in one league, faced them in another. How many points did they get in your leagye? In FFPC they got 8.
You're right. They still got 12

Insein said:
Plays of the week

Cleveland at Jacksonville (51%): Jax is on a historic pace of points allowed to opposing defenses. They're allowing nearly 25 pts in my league and the next closest is St Louis with 18. From here on out, start anyone vs Jax.

Baltimore vs Atlanta (46%): The Falcons on the road are not the same as at home. The Ravens have also quietly put together a decent NFL defense that plays well at home. Should be a good day in Baltimore.

Dallas vs NY Giants (19%): There is a risk here. Cowboys defense has been a product of their offense. They are still giving up they same yards per play as last years awful unit. The only difference is that they are playing about 12 less plays a game. If he Giants have any pride, they could bounce back and make this a game. But if last weeks drubbing was the sign of the real GMen shining through, expect a good day down in Jerry World.
Cleveland :thumbup: (Despite how ugly the score looks)Baltimore :thumbup: :thumbup:

Dallas :thumbdown:

Streamed TEN today. We get 1 pt per TFL and 25 return yards and they produce there and got some turnovers. Good performance overall...TEN gets Jax next week, but I think we are seeing Jax turn the corner, riskier now.

Streamed TEN today. We get 1 pt per TFL and 25 return yards and they produce there and got some turnovers. Good performance overall...TEN gets Jax next week, but I think we are seeing Jax turn the corner, riskier now.
miami vs jax next week. Theyre a must start

cle was an ok play. they got killed by their own offense. their d played well, getting sacks and turnovers. but 2 super short fields killed em.

Insein said:
Plays of the week

Cleveland :thumbup: (Despite how ugly the score looks)Baltimore :thumbup: :thumbup:

I know this is an informal review, but just curious what you're using to decide whether it was a good play or not.

Insein said:
Plays of the week

I know this is an informal review, but just curious what you're using to decide whether it was a good play or not.
Probably varies by scoring system as well. My one redraft Bal and Cle scored 9 and 8 points placing them tied for 6th and 8th for the week (with a game tonight). Minny, Jax and Indy led with 14 points.

Insein said:
Plays of the week

If they scored more than 10 in my league (league average is 8.8 right now). Cleveland got 12, Balt 26 and Dallas 4.
RULES FOR DEF

EVENT RANGE (LOW-HIGH) POINTS TEST?

Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) 0-10 2 points each Test

Interceptions Caught 0-10 2 points each Test

Sacked a QB 0-25 2 points each Test

Safeties 0-10 5 points each Test

Total Points Allowed 0-0 12 Test

Total Points Allowed 1-6 8 Test

Total Points Allowed 7-13 6 Test

Total Points Allowed 14-20 4 Test

Total Points Allowed 21-27 2 Test

Total Points Allowed 28-34 0 Test

Total Points Allowed 35-41 -2 Test

Total Points Allowed 42-48 -4 Test

Total Points Allowed 49-55 -6 Test

Total Points Allowed 56-62 -8 Test

Total Points Allowed 63-69 -10 Test

Total Points Allowed 70-1000 -12 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 0-49 12 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 50-99 8 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 100-149 6 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 150-199 4 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 200-249 2 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 250-349 0 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 350-399 -2 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 400-449 -4 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 450-499 -6 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 500-549 -8 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 550-599 -10 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 600-1000 -12 Test

Number of Defensive & Special Teams TDs 0-10 6 points each Test

I preemptively grabbed MIA in a couple places for the JAC match-up and I'm kind of pissed I should have started them over ARI this week in the leagues I owned both. OAK continued the trend where they just don't allow Carr to take sacks, OAK really isn't a plus match-up. I don't trust CLE.

I also like KC vs. STL this week.

Plays of the week

If they scored more than 10 in my league (league average is 8.8 right now). Cleveland got 12, Balt 26 and Dallas 4.
RULES FOR DEF

Okay. IMO, if they finish behind half a dozen other teams you probably could have grabbed, it wasn't really a good call.

Also, is that league average the average of all teams all season, or just those who were started in your league each week?

Plays of the week

RULES FOR DEF

Okay. IMO, if they finish behind half a dozen other teams you probably could have grabbed, it wasn't really a good call.Also, is that league average the average of all teams all season, or just those who were started in your league each week?

All good points that I will look at later. I started it week 1 and forgot what I used.

ETA: So yes that is the league average for all teams. It has jumped up to 9.1 after this week's results and may possibly adjust depending on tonights game but probably not by much.

I preemptively grabbed MIA in a couple places for the JAC match-up and I'm kind of pissed I should have started them over ARI this week in the leagues I owned both. OAK continued the trend where they just don't allow Carr to take sacks, OAK really isn't a plus match-up. I don't trust CLE.

I also like KC vs. STL this week.
Same here, but my choice was MIA or SD. I think we can say pretty conclusively that Miami has a good D this year (except of course the one time I started them, in Week 2), so the fact that they have a plus match-up is gravy.

Not sure if I'll hold them past this week, but for now, I'm feeling pretty good rolling them out there.

I picked up Dallas last week to start against stinky Eli (didn't work out too good) and am thinking of leaving them in this week against the Redskins at home. With McCoy starting I like this match up.

Buffalo served me reasonably well last week with ten points and they have the Jets now
I picked up Buffalo a few weeks back, and they have been decent.

They continue to get a fair amount of sacks, INTs and fumble recoveries, enough to make me think about keeping them the rest of season.

In fact, the only 2 weeks I will avoid with them are likely week 14 vs Denver, and week 15 vs Green Bay.

If you make it to championship/week 16, then you have Oakland. :)

TZM

Users who are viewing this thread