What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Defense Streaming*** - Championship Week(s)! (1 Viewer)

Some early week notes. Check your WW. If someone dropped San Fran, go get them. They have struggled with St Louis in the past but this Rams offense is dreadful. Should be a massacre at home.

Cincy also if they've been dropped by their owners in disgust. Jax is the cure all for DST.
Thankfully someone dropped Cincy in my league. No way I'm rolling out Indy again. Ugh.
Put in my No. 1 claim for Minnesota, but Indy is my backup option. Maybe it's just because I didn't own them this week and therefore wasn't scarred by their putrid performance, but if you take a step back Indy has been very solid in all five of its wins this year, and atrocious in all of its losses. My theory (and I fully admit I'm grasping at some straws here) is that they're likely to beat NYG, so that should theoretically make them startable.

What are we doing with Indy? Dropped Seattle for them last week and they burned me Sunday. Cincy D and Texans are available, and I'm tempted to drop them for either.

I would feel comfortable rolling with any of these...

Cincy vs. Jags---because, well, they're the Jags

49ers vs. Rams---Loss of Brian Quick, 3-headed RBC going nowhere for St. Louis

KC vs. Jets---Geno sucks, and Vick isn't much better

Minnesota vs. Washington---If McCoy gets the nod, I expect a letdown. If RGIII starts, I anticipate rust

Minnesota vs. Washington---If McCoy gets the nod, I expect a letdown. If RGIII starts, I anticipate rust
:goodposting:

I can't decide if I"m going to hang on to Detroit or let them go during their bye. The Chiefs are available on my wire, so I'll likely try to grab them for the bye week. The big question is whether I'm willing to carry both.
Im going for Chiefs to and I have MIAMI D who put up 30 but that was against mr Bortles who has the most pick sixes. I think KC is a sneaky nice play against turnover machine VICK/GENO.

If you want to hold one of these longer than this week, I think the play is Cincy. They follow up with the Browns. San Fran goes to New Orleans. KC plays buffalo, and Minnesota goes to Chicago.

Last edited by a moderator:
VikingFrog said:
tunamelt warrior said:

If you want to hold one of these longer than this week, I think the play is Cincy. They follow up with the Browns. San Fran goes to New Orleans. KC plays buffalo, and Minnesota goes to Chicago.
Chicago has been pretty error prone no? I think that Zimmer D is finally rounding into form in MIN.

Am I crazy to stick with ne def vs denver this week over streaming options like Washington or sd? I really can't drop anyone right now and hold 2 def. We do get -10 for 35 pts given up but doesnt ne usually hold peyton down in Foxborough?

Am I crazy to stick with ne def vs denver this week over streaming options like Washington or sd? I really can't drop anyone right now and hold 2 def. We do get -10 for 35 pts given up but doesnt ne usually hold peyton down in Foxborough?
Ooh man, that's risky. I like Washington of the 2 you mentioned better.

yeah that's crazy talk. I have the Pats Def as well and Washington suddenly looks good to me. Even if they score just 5-8 points, I'll take that over the negative 3-5 points I take with the Patriots. I'd sooner start a bye week def over the pats.

Am I crazy to stick with ne def vs denver this week over streaming options like Washington or sd? I really can't drop anyone right now and hold 2 def. We do get -10 for 35 pts given up but doesnt ne usually ho

ld peyton down in Foxborough?
Seriously who would you drop? .5 ppr get rtn points. Start qb, 2 rb, 3 wr , te, k, def

Bench: Ryan, harvin, vjax, davis, randle, hyde. My starters are eli, maclin, djax, baldwin, murray, lynch, ertz, tucker, ne def

Hate dropping harvin or hyde at this point. Harvin got 10 pts last week just on rtns...

Sry I know this doesn't belong here. .

Am I crazy to stick with ne def vs denver this week over streaming options like Washington or sd? I really can't drop anyone right now and hold 2 def. We do get -10 for 35 pts given up but doesnt ne usually ho

Seriously who would you drop? .5 ppr get rtn points. Start qb, 2 rb, 3 wr , te, k, def

Bench: Ryan, harvin, vjax, davis, randle, hyde. My starters are eli, maclin, djax, baldwin, murray, lynch, ertz, tucker, ne def

Hate dropping harvin or hyde at this point. Harvin got 10 pts last week just on rtns...

20 or 25 yards per point for QB?

20 or 25 yards per point for QB?

I have Buffalo right now and have no chance at carrying two D's so I'm dropping them unfortunately. My targets in order are KC, MIN, ARZ.

Thin at RB2/Flex, and a likely shot at the playoffs, so used the wire this week to stock up on some potential depth down the stretch. Had to jettison DAL to do so, so I'm looking at streaming from here on out and reviewed this thread, which has been awesome.

Have the choice this week of:

STL (playing on the road in SF, who have been middling against Ds but always a potential for racking up points against you)

PIT (at home vs BAL -- Ravens usually put points on the board, but it's going to be a hard-fought division battle. Then again, PIT D is middling at best in both run and pass phases)

CAR (at home vs NO -- drafted CAR thinking they would be a solid unit this year, but that's really not been the case, and though it's at home, Brees & Co. look to be firing on all cylinders)

NO (on road vs CAR -- seems like the best matchup so far, and NO has been fairly good against the run but horrid against the pass. And it's a TNF game.)

TB (on road vs CLE) -- can I really trust TB?

Leaning towards NO and PIT, which aren't the best of options. Any guidance?

Thin at RB2/Flex, and a likely shot at the playoffs, so used the wire this week to stock up on some potential depth down the stretch. Had to jettison DAL to do so, so I'm looking at streaming from here on out and reviewed this thread, which has been awesome.

STL (playing on the road in SF, who have been middling against Ds but always a potential for racking up points against you)

PIT (at home vs BAL -- Ravens usually put points on the board, but it's going to be a hard-fought division battle. Then again, PIT D is middling at best in both run and pass phases)

CAR (at home vs NO -- drafted CAR thinking they would be a solid unit this year, but that's really not been the case, and though it's at home, Brees & Co. look to be firing on all cylinders)

NO (on road vs CAR -- seems like the best matchup so far, and NO has been fairly good against the run but horrid against the pass. And it's a TNF game.)

Around The NFL ‏@AroundTheNFL Starting left tackle Byron Bell and both starting guards have been ruled out for Panthers vs. Saints.

VikingFrog said:
tunamelt warrior said:

Chicago has been pretty error prone no? I think that Zimmer D is finally rounding into form in MIN.
I agree, and I think Minnesota is also likely a very good two week play here. I just take the home team for defense any chance I can get and Cincy has two home games against two pretty weak offenses, and Minny has a home and then away. Might be the wrong pick, but that's how I got there.

Around The NFL ‏@AroundTheNFL Starting left tackle Byron Bell and both starting guards have been ruled out for Panthers vs. Saints.
Thanks, gb, I think this just locked my decision up. Hopefully Saints D doesn't become victims, as so many have, to the Thursday Night cr@p-the-bed syndrome.

Thanks, gb, I think this just locked my decision up. Hopefully Saints D doesn't become victims, as so many have, to the Thursday Night cr@p-the-bed syndrome.
NO has had some good matchups this year and has yet to score more than 7 points in any of them, including a 2 point effort against the Browns. Trust them at your own peril.

Am I crazy to start Houston against the Eagles? Eagles obviously have a good offense and don't allow a ton of defensive fantasy points but they haven't faced many decent defenses on the road. I don't really have any other options except SD @ MIA which makes me nervous since Miami is playing better and I don't like a west coast team on the east coast at 1 PM... Chargers are banged up.

Thoughts? Pretty much all other options have been scooped up, there are multiple people streaming defenses in my league this year.

Am I crazy to start Houston against the Eagles? Eagles obviously have a good offense and don't allow a ton of defensive fantasy points but they haven't faced many decent defenses on the road. I don't really have any other options except SD @ MIA which makes me nervous since Miami is playing better and I don't like a west coast team on the east coast at 1 PM... Chargers are banged up.

Thoughts? Pretty much all other options have been scooped up, there are multiple people streaming defenses in my league this year.
I dropped Houston for Cincinnati, but it was my only claim. Had I not gotten Cincinnati, I'd probably have just stayed with Houston. I'd have considered Minnesota, too, but not via waiver claim. So, no, I don't think it's crazy at all.

I'm planning on holding Cincy for the next two weeks and then scooping up Houston for the stretch run after their bye.

I'm riding Hou this week and picked up DEN for WK10,11,12. They have a good combined sch up thru week 14. I plan to swap out DEN after week 12 game for GB or BAL for weeks 15 & 16. The saving grace is both GB and BAL have poor matchups in wk13 so I hope one of them will be there for me to pick up for 15 & 16 as I am riding Hou week 13 & 14.

Wk09 HOU (PHI)

WK10 DEN (@OAK)

WK11 DEN (@STL)

WK12 DEN (MIA)

WK13 HOU (TEN)

WK14 HOU (@JAX)

WK15 BAL (JAX) > GB (@BUF) both good matchups

WK16 GB (@TB)> BAL (@HOU) both good matchups

Ideally, I would pickup BAL during week 13 waivers when they play SD to play them in WK15 and GB after WK14 to play WK16, but even if I only get BAL or GB who plays NE during wk13 its fine. Of course things could change by playoff time but this is the plan.

KC should not be a FA anywhere (even 10-team leagues) and MIN has been fantastic of late. Both have great matchups at home this week. Both should be top-10 defenses this week, KC top-3 potential..

RG3 tore up Minn pretty good last year if memory serves. I hope it's different this year, I had to pick them up. Someone else got KC in my league.

RG3 tore up Minn pretty good last year if memory serves. I hope it's different this year, I had to pick them up. Someone else got KC in my league.
I don't want to jinx this, at all, but MIN looks very good. I had picked up KC last week and tried to pick up MIN this week to hoard but someone else used their first waiver pick on them.

NO has had some good matchups this year and has yet to score more than 7 points in any of them, including a 2 point effort against the Browns. Trust them at your own peril.
Thanks, good info. I just don't think the other options are any better, unfortunately, and the situational match up looks to shift in their favor.

Someone snatched Minny in the free for all just before me. Looking at what was left I decided upon Philly. Now Houston has a decent running game but they're averaging 4 sacks and 2+ turnovers a game over the last 3. The Eagles defense was a little flat last game but they should be playing with a lead. Fitzpatrick is mistake prone and the Eagles could capitalize into TDs.

Better option then some.

:hifive:

4 sacks, 1 fumble rec, 1 pick, held under 13 points and 299 yards. 18 points in my league scoring.

Hope others were able to take advantage of the fact of the CAR o-line being in tatters.

4 sacks, 1 fumble rec, 1 pick, held under 13 points and 299 yards. 18 points in my league scoring.

Hope others were able to take advantage of the fact of the CAR o-line being in tatters.
woot!

SF off a bye against Stl who lost a lot on offense. I like it more than Chiefs vs a Vick led Jets team that may have a little more juice.

Agree with the consensus that the Chiefs are the likely best play this weekend. As to the 9ers/Rams, looks like a great opportunity but a divisional game, even on the road, can be surprising.

Agree with the consensus that the Chiefs are the likely best play this weekend. As to the 9ers/Rams, looks like a great opportunity but a divisional game, even on the road, can be surprising.
I'm playing both in different leagues. I grabbed KC in all 3 of my leagues last week and that worked out well. I liked SF a little more this week, but they aren't what I would consider a streaming D. I drafted them and they haven't been on waivers in any of the 3 leagues IIRC.

Had Washington but some jamoke dropped the Chiefs the other day. I put in a claim and got them. Very surprised add I was like 10th oit of 12 on the order. Hope I don't regret the move but kc looks like easy money to me

#FWP is right- the thread here is guys choosing between KC, SF or MIN Free Agent streams? Crazy quality prospects. Never draft a DST.

Very nice call on NO.

Users who are viewing this thread