What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (7 Viewers)

In 1 QB 12 team league. Just bought:

R. Rice
for
Lot of folks buying Rice on the dip.

This doesn’t feel like a dip.
I think it's fine.

Look at this way, if Rice was thrown into the draft pool he's probably going 5 at the absolute latest.

Even if he misses half a season, and we are a long way from that, it's a bargain, a significant one.
Agree. While I think Rice deserves a lengthy suspension, I still offered 1.9 for Rice and Conner.

I gave 2.12

I got rashee rice

Could go either way
Could go either way? I guess in the off chance he’s suspended indefinitely.
It depends, a year long suspension would tank his value as well, Ridley was a beast in Atlanta before being suspended. There is a risk that rice regresses after a year off.
I seem to remember Ridley only having ONE thousand yard season before last season in his 5 year career, excluding the year he sat out in 2022.

I gave 2.12

I got rashee rice

Could go either way
It depends, a year long suspension would tank his value as well, Ridley was a beast in Atlanta before being suspended. There is a risk that rice regresses after a year off.
I seem to remember Ridley only having ONE thousand yard season before last season in his 5 year career, excluding the year he sat out in 2022.

He had 10, 7, and 9 tds his first 3 years with Atlanta and had 1300+ yards his last full season before being suspended.

Ridley was a late 2nd round pick the year following his last full year, I guess that is similar to what I hear of rice in best balls.

I gave 2.12

I got rashee rice

Could go either way

He had 10, 7, and 9 tds his first 3 years with Atlanta and had 1300+ yards his last full season before being suspended.

Ridley was a late 2nd round pick the year following his last full year, I guess that is similar to what I hear of rice in best balls.
2.12 is barely a dart throw. It’s ok, sometimes you win one.

Pollard & Barkley might be close enough in on-field value
I hope you’re right but really think not.
Depends if Hurts has 10+ RuTD from the 1.

Am I remembering correctly that the Eagles don’t throw to their RBs that often?

I can see a worst case scenario where Pollard isn’t too far behind in FF scoring.
That is the bigger concern how many passes Barkley will catch he was check down machine in NY.

Pollard has to contend with Spears and it is a big down grade going from Dallas offense to the Tennessee offense and Pollard faltered in Dallas pretty hard compared to where he was being drafted.

There were other things in play in the trade like Pollard only had 1 year left on his contract then he would have become a RFA but I try and not clutter up the trade details with stuff most people wouldn't understand how that affects player value.

Wrongly or not I do tend to scout out ADP and make my trade offers based on that sometimes.

This is very early returns as dynasty season just began Barkley is going at ADP 28 and Pollard 79 in FFPC 1 QB startups right now. You likely can't bridge that gap with a future 1st and 2nd. Also my team was 1st in VP and 1st in pts scored before bombing in the playoffs so 95%+ playoff team.

Also for reference Barkley ADP 16 and Pollard 82 currently in underdog for a 1 year view

FFPC standard one QB, not involved just posting this because it's first trade I've seen seemingly spurred from after effects of the Diggs trade.

Kincaid for Olave, Spears and Chig Okonkwo
Switch Olave and Kincaid, and i'd take the Olave side. He seems too cheap in most of the trades I see him involved in. Or maybe I'm just the only one real high on him.

FFPC standard one QB, not involved just posting this because it's first trade I've seen seemingly spurred from after effects of the Diggs trade.

Switch Olave and Kincaid, and i'd take the Olave side. He seems too cheap in most of the trades I see him involved in. Or maybe I'm just the only one real high on him.
Maybe you have the majority opinion and adding Spears to this trade I figured most people would like that side. I personally don't care much for Chig.

As for me I'm taking Kincaid over Olave in this format, easily. Have long felt Olave is quite good but generally speaking he is what he is, not expecting much of a bump, and Kincaid has more difference making potential in this format.

I like Spears though so that brings it into more of a team specific type thing on which side I'd rather be on but on the whole thought the trade was even.

Maybe you have the majority opinion and adding Spears to this trade I figured most people would like that side. I personally don't care much for Chig.

As for me I'm taking Kincaid over Olave in this format, easily. Have long felt Olave is quite good but generally speaking he is what he is, not expecting much of a bump, and Kincaid has more difference making potential in this format.

I like Spears though so that brings it into more of a team specific type thing on which side I'd rather be on but on the whole thought the trade was even.
I have Kincaid in TE-p (also SF but that’s not relevant here) and would be tempted to trade him straight up for Olave but probably wouldn’t do it. Chig and Spears move the needle little (even as a titans fan).

14 team standard.
for
1.10, 2.07, 5.11, 2025 3rd.

I acquired the 5. Leaves me with 1.01, 1.03, 1.05, 2.03, 2.04. Ready to pull the trigger on those picks now I think.

Gave up 1.09, Shakir and Likely for pick 1.7 in 1 QB, 16 team, full PPR

May haunt me but think 7 is a sweet spot now that Buffalo and KC are likely to go WR

May haunt me but think 7 is a sweet spot now that Buffalo and KC are likely to go WR
Lay out the players in that sweet spot to justify that trade to move up 2 spots.

Lay out the players in that sweet spot to justify that trade to move up 2 spots.
iMO

Caleb in a 16 team league. Thomas and whichever WR(s) go 1st round to Buffalo and/or KC or another heavy passing team. Assuming the big 3 WRs and Bowers as well of course.

iMO

Caleb in a 16 team league. Thomas and whichever WR(s) go 1st round to Buffalo and/or KC or another heavy passing team. Assuming the big 3 WRs and Bowers as well of course.
Who do you have at QB, because you could get stuck with him in that 1QB league. I hate taking QBs early in 1QB leagues, 16 teams or not.

iMO

Who do you have at QB, because you could get stuck with him in that 1QB league. I hate taking QBs early in 1QB leagues, 16 teams or not.
Richardson but not much else. Fields too but leery of going into season with only Richardson who’s a starter at this point. Also have 1.3 and 1.13. Strong team that has won the last two years. May trade down during the draft.

14 team standard.
for

I acquired the 5. Leaves me with 1.01, 1.03, 1.05, 2.03, 2.04. Ready to pull the trigger on those picks now I think.
Easy to me even without having all that extra draft capital.

I got a tier break on player 5 right now but then you also have chance of Bills taking a desired WR in round one or a clear cut RB1 emerging, none of which you can likely get at 10.

12 team SF Dynasty League

Gave: Swift
Got: Geno Smith (I had Howell, wanted to pair them together)

Decent trade or did I lose too much value?

iMO

Richardson but not much else. Fields too but leery of going into season with only Richardson who’s a starter at this point. Also have 1.3 and 1.13. Strong team that has won the last two years. May trade down during the draft.
Trading down isn’t a guarantee. Who are you prepared to take at 7 if you can’t trade down and Caleb Williams is on the board? Say you’re right and one of Buffalo or KC takes a WR, but not both. Let’s say it unfolds as follows. 1) MHjr, 2) Nabers, 3) Odunze, 4) Bowers, 5) Thomas jr, 6) McKonkey (drafted by KC).

FFPC startup draft, draft starts tomorrow. 1 QB

Picks 2.01, 3.12, and a 2025 1st

For

Picks 1.08 and 2.05

So they have 1.01? I like that deal for them adding 1.08 and 2.05. And could still trade down depending how the board goes. Like it a lot.
No, this is startup, not rookie picks

Right that’s what I meant, but now realize I did it backwards. Would be 2.12 and 3.01, not 2.01 and 3.12. Mind playing tricks.

So they had the last pick…hmmmmm. In that case, don’t like it near as much. Probably sit tight.

iMO

Trading down isn’t a guarantee. Who are you prepared to take at 7 if you can’t trade down and Caleb Williams is on the board? Say you’re right and one of Buffalo or KC takes a WR, but not both. Let’s say it unfolds as follows. 1) MHjr, 2) Nabers, 3) Odunze, 4) Bowers, 5) Thomas jr, 6) McKonkey (drafted by KC).
I have no problem taking Caleb there but Mitchell, Franklin or Worthy are options as well depending on landing spot. Plus, chance that somebody overreacts to landing spot and grabs someone early. I just want to be in position to have the option if somebody I really like falls.

I’m aware there’s a chance this bites me but I’ll take the chance.

FFPC Superflex (not involved) CMC for Chase Brown/Addison/25 1st & 25 2nd
Seems about right, even if I don't love Brown or Addison.
Addison is probably a good sell right now. I don’t usually like to trade 2nd year players, but their QBs situation is horrible. That could change quickly however. What do you have against Brown?
Nothing. Just like him less than consensus. Obviously the Moss addition plays a part in that.

14 team standard.
for

If you have even just a few good players on your roster your team should quickly compete this year with those picks. Your league mates must be pissed at you :boxing:

a clear cut RB1 emerging
This is the hope. I'm expecting Brooks to land in Dallas in the 2nd round and I want some of that.
If you have even just a few good players on your roster
I've worked damn hard wheeling and dealing rebuilding this team. 2 miserable seasons win wise where I sold off basically everyone 26 or older (most were much older than this) But this team should challenge.

Mahomes, Breece Hall, Lamb, Garrett Wilson, JSN, Jake Ferguson, Kendre Miller. These are my current playrr assets.

iMO

I have no problem taking Caleb there but Mitchell, Franklin or Worthy are options as well depending on landing spot. Plus, chance that somebody overreacts to landing spot and grabs someone early. I just want to be in position to have the option if somebody I really like falls.

It’s understandable and could work out. These are the types of deals I’d rather make after the NFL draft or during the league’s draft. All it takes is one or two people to draft differently than you expected to change the analysis of this trade big time. Of course that could work against your waiting, so maybe moving to 7 will be a great move.

Very smart trade for a 12-team SF...Swift is what he is at this point...a solid RB that any fantasy team would happily roster, but I think the ship has sailed as far as the upside many thought he had (i.e. he is replaceable)...in return you lock down Seattle's QB position which should give your roster far more flexibility...the x-factor is what does Seattle do in the draft...with the Howell addition you hope that takes them out of the market for one of those second-tier QBs like Nix or Penix but there is that chance...that being said even if that happens Smith will still probably begin the year as a starter and you only gave up Swift so your exposure is pretty limited...this is a quality deal for you.

Very smart trade for a 12-team SF...Swift is what he is at this point...a solid RB that any fantasy team would happily roster, but I think the ship has sailed as far as the upside many thought he had (i.e. he is replaceable)...in return you lock down Seattle's QB position which should give your roster far more flexibility...the x-factor is what does Seattle do in the draft...with the Howell addition you hope that takes them out of the market for one of those second-tier QBs like Nix or Penix but there is that chance...that being said even if that happens Smith will still probably begin the year as a starter and you only gave up Swift so your exposure is pretty limited...this is a quality deal for you.
The thing about Swift is that he's on his 3rd team and he's only 25. Does he wear out his welcome everywhere he goes? Plus, it's not like he doesn't have a lot of competition on his newest team.

The thing about Swift is that he's on his 3rd team and he's only 25. Does he wear out his welcome everywhere he goes? Plus, it's not like he doesn't have a lot of competition on his newest team.

I think he is a good player but it is time for him to commit to being a 3rd down/COP RB like a Kevin Faulk or James White were with the Pats...in that role he could be a very effective real football player...as far as fantasy goes he' simply a solid depth RB.

I'm probably riding CMC to the ground for that return. Would need an actual established RB in return with that package - maybe an Etienne or Walker, downgrade the 2nd rounder if need be. CMC all day for this price.
Sure,but if CMC is all you have and you’re in a rebuild now, getting a 1st and 2nd for an aging RB isn’t a bad thing. Maybe the team doesn’t want to win at all this year to improve their own draft slot next year, and CMC is certainly a weekly winner when he has those explosive games. 2 cents

I think that's fine for CMC. It's a nice idea that you could get more for him but you probably can't, and if you are trying to not win in the immediate future, you don't want him on your team. Price that into the package and I think it's a good return.

iMO

It’s understandable and could work out. These are the types of deals I’d rather make after the NFL draft or during the league’s draft. All it takes is one or two people to draft differently than you expected to change the analysis of this trade big time. Of course that could work against your waiting, so maybe moving to 7 will be a great move.
Agree with the bolded but deal was on the table now so decided to jump. If the NFL draft falls a certain way, not sure they would still be willing to do it, especially during the actual FF draft.

Didn't want to give up Shakier but that was non-negotiable for the other team. I like Shakir and Likely but don't love either one and the rosters are fairly small for a dynasty league, so there was that to consider too.

I'm probably riding CMC to the ground for that return. Would need an actual established RB in return with that package - maybe an Etienne or Walker, downgrade the 2nd rounder if need be. CMC all day for this price.
Sure,but if CMC is all you have and you’re in a rebuild now, getting a 1st and 2nd for an aging RB isn’t a bad thing. Maybe the team doesn’t want to win at all this year to improve their own draft slot next year, and CMC is certainly a weekly winner when he has those explosive games. 2 cents
I get the concept of him 'aging' but is he really? I think general consensus is people try to compete inside a 3 year window, and I don't think there's a player who gives you a better ppg advantage at a very scarce position in that window than him. The return of a coin flip RB prospect (who I myself own and am probably higher on than most) a good WR prospect who is a clearcut WR2 to one of the true alphas in the league and also currently without a long term QB, and then 2025 1st and 2nd's from the new CMC owner which will likely be 9th or later? This IMO has a higher potential of returning 4 roster cloggers for an all time FF great than it truly does rebuilding the team.

I get not needing him on your roster if you don't have much around him, 100%. I would just personally be looking for more...be it more established younger players (Nico Collins type instead of Addison) or more draft capital. Can't imagine his value is going to go down anytime soon, so even doing this trade in April feels like it might have been rushed.

Users who are viewing this thread