What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (7 Viewers)

This just went down. 12 team PPR.

Team A gave up Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB and Anderson, Robby NYJ WR

Team B gave up Fournette, Leonard JAC RB and Parker, DeVante MIA WR

12 team ppr dynasty

Traded  Foreman and a 2019 second for a 2018 first.  The first was 1.4 this past year but the pick should be somewhere more middle (4-8 let's say).

Denver724 said:
This just went down. 12 team PPR.

Team A gave up Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB and Anderson, Robby NYJ WR

Team B gave up Fournette, Leonard JAC RB and Parker, DeVante MIA WR
I like Fournette a lot but a bird in the hand and all that. Give me Zeke here. 

Team A needs a RB but has QB depth and WR depth

Team B has no QB, weak WRs, and DJ, Howard, Hyde and Henry.  Can only start 2 RB.

Team A gives Mariota and Cobb

Team B gives Howard

Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team PPR

Team A gave up Cam Newton, Joe Mixon

Team B gave up Jared Goff, Ezekiel Elliott

Contract considerations:  Elliott is on a 4 year contract, will cost a boatload of FAAB in the RFA window to keep.

Seems like I have more confidence in both Gurley and the top four rookie RBs, as well as less confidence in the sustained otherworldliness of Elliott than y'all. 
I'm with you but for a different reason that doubting EZE's production.  In dynasty you have to tread much more carefully with top priced assets.  While I believe the likelihood of recurrence of behavior issues by EZE is pretty low, it can't be dismissed entirely and this seems much more like paying full price for him.  I'm a bit slanted here because nearly every draft I have seen has Cook at 1.05 and if it's not him it's Mixon, so this feels more like 1.01-1.02 for me.

Big one. 16 teams, ppr

Michael Thomas, Andrew Luck, Gerald Everett, late 1st

for

Marcus Mariotta and Odell Beckham

I can see wanting luck and Thomas and then having a first as well but Mariota and Odell are so much safer so I'll easily take them
Yeah. That was pretty much my basis on making the trade. Valuewise i think its close, especially if you still view Luck as a top asset. But safety wise its Beckham and Marcus by a mile imo.

Similar blockbuster in my 12 team, Keep 12, non-ppr league...

gave: 3.11

got: Terrance West

RB depth insurance on the cheap. 
I'm not a big supporter of West, but that's dirt cheap and well worth seeing if he can keep the job for a while and produce.

FFPC

Team A gave - Doug Baldwin, Julius Thomas

Team B gave - Kelvin Benjamin, 2018 1st (Team A's 2018 1st which is likely to be one of the top non playoff teams so 1-7 depending on how toilet bowl shakes out)

12 team PPR TE premium - QRRWWTFFDK

Team A gives - McFadden, Maclin, Foreman

Team B gives - Quiz, Meredith, Duke

and this doozie:

Team C gives - Rawls, Perriman, Snead, Dwayne Allen, 2018 1st, another 2018 1st, 2018 2nd, 2018 4th

Team D gives - Cobb, Diggs, Ertz, 2018 3rd

I feel like this is Rawls and Snead for free but I'm not a big Diggs fan (mostly because I just haven't seen him play much). Just my take.  Also I was team A above.  Stoked to finally move on from Maclin.  

12 team PPR TE premium - QRRWWTFFDK

Team A gives - McFadden, Maclin, Foreman

Team B gives - Quiz, Meredith, Duke

and this doozie:

Team C gives - Rawls, Perriman, Snead, Dwayne Allen, 2018 1st, another 2018 1st, 2018 2nd, 2018 4th

Team D gives - Cobb, Diggs, Ertz, 2018 3rd

I feel like this is Rawls and Snead for free but I'm not a big Diggs fan (mostly because I just haven't seen him play much). Just my take.  Also I was team A above.  Stoked to finally move on from Maclin.  
Meredith side pretty easily

Snead side in a landslide.

FFPC

Team A gave - Doug Baldwin, Julius Thomas

Team B gave - Kelvin Benjamin, 2018 1st (Team A's 2018 1st which is likely to be one of the top non playoff teams so 1-7 depending on how toilet bowl shakes out)
I love Baldwin, but a non playoff 1st next year is huge. Give me that side.

You like Perk more than Ingram?  Or is it because 3 darts compared to 1?

Have mad depth at RB already and roster spaces are very valuable to me.  Full IDP and have no wiggle room to play with free agency.  Freed up two spots and like Ingram more than anyone on NYG.  
I like Ingram more this year over just Perkins. I could see the combo of Perkins and Vereen out scoring Ingram a handful of times this year.

What I mean by that is this is best ball and 1 of those backs will outscore Ingram like 4 or 5 times this year. Long term I like Perkins over Ingram. 

I own West in several leagues and it would take a 2018 2nd to move him right now.
Note the Keep 12 part of the league format. 

As we get to this part of the offseason (i.e.  Approaching roster cut down and the draft), players "on the fringe" on teams that have more than 12 keepable players are faced with the decision to take a little less for a player or have to drop him outright. He originally asked for my 2.05 for West a month ago. I said no thanks. Last week, he asked for my 3.05. Knowing he was painted into a corner a bit, I countered with my 3.11 and he accepted. 

Similar trade went down in the same league with the 3.7 garnering Big Ben. Great backup QB on the cheap for the owner to pair with Carr, excellent short term depth, and heck, a streaming or outright started depending on how Carr's season goes. 

League format is key. 

12 team ppr QB - 2 RB - 3WR - TE - FL

Team A gave up Darkwa, Orleans NYG RB;Doyle, Jack IND TE; Year 2018 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team B

Team B gave up Hill, Jeremy CIN RB; Year 2018 Round 4 Draft Pick from Team B

Is this really a trade that went down at this stage of the exhibition season? Looks like somebody (Team A) thinks that RB Hill is going to be comeback player of the year in Cincy! And that the same somebody (Team A) thinks the sole TE in Indy is going to be the bust of the year! These type of definitely imbalanced trades should be overturned by the league commissioner - doesn't the commissioner have an obligation to monitor/maintain the competitive parity when transactions like this occur?

Is this really a trade that went down at this stage of the exhibition season? Looks like somebody (Team A) thinks that RB Hill is going to be comeback player of the year in Cincy! And that the same somebody (Team A) thinks the sole TE in Indy is going to be the bust of the year! These type of definitely imbalanced trades should be overturned by the league commissioner - doesn't the commissioner have an obligation to monitor/maintain the competitive parity when transactions like this occur?
It's a bit much to say the trade should be overturned. It's just a bunch of junk for a bunch of junk.

Are you serious?

For the record I am Team A, and I know what I am doing.

You on the other hand come off a little strange here if you think this deal even remotely affects "competitive parity" or is grossly imbalanced to the point a commissioner should get involved.

For the record I do believe I gave up more value - but it's the only way to trade with this guy. He needs to "win" and while maybe he will I designed this offer to at least create the impression that he will.

In this one league I am in a complete rebuild mode, and while I do like Doyle, TE is by far my deepest position (which is easy to do in a rebuild) and I'm not sure he really is a long term option in Indy. He's a limited talent, but surely good enough to make some impact. I surely do not think Hill will be "comeback player of the year" :lmao:  but I do think Mixon is a little over-rated and I do think Hill could possibly hold him off and earn back some value. My rational is that if he does I can flip him inseason for a better package and on the flip side if he is relegated to the Bengals bench then I will wait and see what happens to him next year in free agency. Hill is a talented back who could land a role next season in a place like GB or Indy if their young backs do not work out. By next year I should be able to at least be back in the mix for a playoff spot and having RB depth would help a lot more than having Doyle imo.

This is way, way off base.  It's not even close to the level you are proposing.

Dr. O - I am always competing, never treat any season as a rebuild one - it costs to play each team, each season - and would rather give up a team and go draft a start-up, then to play around in a league for a year or two "rebuilding". I like your theory & practice as to how to get another owner to agree to trade - but the commissioner in me is more sensitive to all teams becoming competitive since I can't stand by and watch guppies get eaten by the sharks, while the majority of the populace has to just stand by and has zero input.

Obviously, your reasoning is driven by your short-term and long-term objective(s), but isn't obvious in a forum posting where only the assets of a trade are initially posted in a naked fashion - and in this case the 12 team ppr and SLU info really doesn't convey the driving force behind the trade you posted. If you had indicated a "rebuild' effort was underway, maybe it would have soften what was posted. And given that Doyle is basically now the only pass catching TE in Indy, and RB Hill (in your ppr league) is just a RB playing out his rookie contract - without any clear future, NFL-wise and/or fantasy-wise. Doyle might have provided more trade value if you had waited into September's early games, but of course the same could be said for Hill or any other player.

Thanks for replying and adding a lot more explanation than the original posting contained. GL in 2017 and beyond.

Users who are viewing this thread