What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (28 Viewers)

I had picks 6 and 10 in a league and would have loved to get a haul like Parker/Ajayi.  Bad trade for the guy giving them up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had picks 6 and 10 in a league and would have loved to get a haul like Parker/Ajayi.  Bad trade for the guy giving them up.
I have both Parker and Ajayi sitting on the end of my bench. There's no way I give them up that cheaply.

Tex

I have both Parker and Ajayi sitting on the end of my bench. There's no way I give them up that cheaply.

Tex
Yeah, makes no sense.  At all.  Most every other team in the league would have beat that deal for him.  I already told him I would have given picks 4,9,21 for sure. 

Boggles my mind.  Classic bad trade.  He gave those two players to the league's best team and winner of half the titles since the league started. 

Ouch.  Ouch on the trade and ouch on your reasoning.

1.  I offered virtually the same trade to both the 1.02 and 1.03 holder.  It was refused by both.  If you ask me, this year, there is very little difference in the crapshoot that is 2-4 in the rookie draft.  In my rankings, they all have questions, and they could all turn into studs.  So, any of those trades would be about the same to me, other than being able to choose my WR vs having it chosen for me.

2.  I believe Hurns has a ton of value because of Robinson.  If Robinson were to go down, it hurts TWO WRs on my team, and probably the RB.  I don't like laying that much on one player.  So, I diversify.  I don't ever want to have 3 parts in any offense unless (maybe) one is the QB.  Its cool if you disagree with that, but it seems like legitimate concern I have read on these boards for years.

As with all trades.  Time will tell. 

12 team dynasty (large rosters).  Here is an example of a bad owner

Devante Parker and Jay Ajayi

for

Pick 6, pick 10, and Scott Chandler

I was not part of the deal, and would have blown picks 6 and 10 out of the water on a trade if I had any idea he was willing to deal those guys.  Note to fantasy owners, it helps to mention you are thinking about dealing a player or two on the message board.  This guy easily gets almost double this return if he does that.
Close one but picks side for me

Team A gave:
Jay Ajayi
Stephon Diggs

Team B gave:
2017 1st (pretty random, playoff team but older/risk guys like Big Ben/AP/Marshall he could drop quick).

Team A gave:
Jay Ajayi
Stephon Diggs

Team B gave:
2017 1st (pretty random, playoff team but older/risk guys like Big Ben/AP/Marshall he could drop quick).
I'll take the picks. Though I could see Ajayis value rising enough this year for it to work out for the other team.

Team A gave:
Jay Ajayi
Stephon Diggs

Team B gave:
I take Ajayi and Diggs...2 players that are underrated, but will get you better production than 2.10 and a late 1st next year

12 TEAM dynasty ppr

Team A gets Pick 1.1

Team B gets Pick 1.2 plus Amari Cooper
This might be reasonable if team A is loaded at WR and desparate for a RB, while Team B is set at RB and weak at WR...

Personally, I think its too much but it does demonstrate the value of the 1.1 and the steep drop after that this year.

It's one of the reasons I advocated making a strong offer (1.2 & 1.09) for the 1.01 rather than a weaker one (1.4 & 1.09) earlier in the thread. 

This might be reasonable if team A is loaded at WR and desparate for a RB, while Team B is set at RB and weak at WR...

Personally, I think its too much but it does demonstrate the value of the 1.1 and the steep drop after that this year.

It's one of the reasons I advocated making a strong offer (1.2 & 1.09) for the 1.01 rather than a weaker one (1.4 & 1.09) earlier in the thread. 
It demonstrates a bad trade

1.  I offered virtually the same trade to both the 1.02 and 1.03 holder.  It was refused by both.  If you ask me, this year, there is very little difference in the crapshoot that is 2-4 in the rookie draft.  In my rankings, they all have questions, and they could all turn into studs.  So, any of those trades would be about the same to me, other than being able to choose my WR vs having it chosen for me.

2.  I believe Hurns has a ton of value because of Robinson.  If Robinson were to go down, it hurts TWO WRs on my team, and probably the RB.  I don't like laying that much on one player.  So, I diversify.  I don't ever want to have 3 parts in any offense unless (maybe) one is the QB.  Its cool if you disagree with that, but it seems like legitimate concern I have read on these boards for years.

As with all trades.  Time will tell. 
I would have moved Hurns then.

12 team dynasty (large rosters).  Here is an example of a bad owner

Devante Parker and Jay Ajayi

for

Pick 6, pick 10, and Scott Chandler

I was not part of the deal, and would have blown picks 6 and 10 out of the water on a trade if I had any idea he was willing to deal those guys.  Note to fantasy owners, it helps to mention you are thinking about dealing a player or two on the message board.  This guy easily gets almost double this return if he does that.
I agree with the consensus in preferring Parker/Ajayi but can see the other side.

Reading these forums, Parker's stock has been inexplicably plummeting since the draft, and Ajayi has yet to prove he can carry a full load.  Let's presume 1.6 is Fuller/Shepard/Thomas...is it wildly out of line to prefer one of these to Parker?

1.10...your choice of the tier 2 rook RBs.  If someone is high on Dixon/Booker and scared off of Ajayi's knee and Miami's general offensive malaise I could see this.

They ought to have been able to get something useful on top rather than absorbing Chandler though.

• Smile
Reactions: Dez
14 team non-ppr.  Start 1 RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 RB/WR/TE Flex.

A- gave up David Johnson, Ingram, Eifert, and Green-Beckham

B- gave up Elliott, S. Watkins and Cooks

I would not go that far but easily like that side
I will.  It is Watkis for Free.

Ellliot is close to David Johnson and Ingram maybe

Cooks is close to Eifert and DGB (unless it is TE premium which it does not say.

I would say Cooks for free, but I think if that side only had Elliot and Watkins it would be a clear win by a good amount

start up dynasty 5 points for passing touchdowns 6 for all the others, ppr for all 1.25 for tight ends. start 1qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 superflex(qb,rb,wr,te), 2 regular flex, kicker and defense.

Team A gets Dez, and 2 end of the draft pick (27th, and 28th round)

Team B gets 1.07 in the rookie/devy draft, 9.10, and 10.03

Dez and 1.07 were already drafted. 9.10 was traded, and 10.03 turned in Jimmy Graham

I would not go that far but easily like that side
I was going to say the same. I'm pretty high on Johnson and Eifert, so maybe others are not. I see the upside in DGB and I think Ingram is a more than solid option.

The other side clearly wins the deal though.

Cooks is close to Eifert and DGB (unless it is TE premium which it does not say.

I would say Cooks for free, but I think if that side only had Elliot and Watkins it would be a clear win by a good amount
I'm sure many rank Johnson above Elliot (and in that case you'd be saying Ingram is worthless). I think they are pretty close after watching Johnson last season.

Did you guys see that it's non-ppr?  I agree that the Elliott side wins, but I certainly don't see anyone as "free"- seems fairly close to me.

I take David Johson and Ingram over Elliot and I for sure take Eifert and DGB over Cooks in any format so not free Watkins to me but getting close to free Cooks.I'd have viewed Elliot and Watkins for Johnson, Ingram, Eifert and DGB in a non TE premium leagues as closer to an even trade than what went down but unless I had big time roster constraints would take the 4 players but would basically view it as even trade.

But all besides the point, I think we all agree the trade was one sided.

humpback said:
Did you guys see that it's non-ppr?  I agree that the Elliott side wins, but I certainly don't see anyone as "free"- seems fairly close to me.
Even non-ppr it is pretty lopsided. I would say it is about 75 percent of Cooks free. There needs to be something on that other side that is worth around a 2017 first from a borderline playoff team.

In non ppr I think if you look best case scenario it could work out, dgb/eifert are more of a red zone type than cooks/Watkins, and Ingram/Dj could be worth ee. Of course you can't make trades expecting best case scenario.

This one just went down in my league this morning, not involved:
A) 1.2 + Jimmy Graham + Philip Dorsett for
B) Jordan Reed

I had the same offer from A this morning for my Eifert.  Sat on it for a few hours and before I could fully decide, this went through.

Different league
A) 1.7 + Matt Jones
B) Devante Parker

I received Parker in this deal.  Sent that offer out last Thurs night, forgot I did it, and the owner accepted once he saw Caroo get drafted by Miami.  Definitely lost some value on my end, especially with Washington passing on RBs until late.  Had good RB depth and needed the WR help though.

This one just went down in my league this morning, not involved:
A) 1.2 + Jimmy Graham + Philip Dorsett for
B) Jordan Reed

I had the same offer from A this morning for my Eifert.  Sat on it for a few hours and before I could fully decide, this went through.

Different league
A) 1.7 + Matt Jones
B) Devante Parker

I received Parker in this deal.  Sent that offer out last Thurs night, forgot I did it, and the owner accepted once he saw Caroo get drafted by Miami.  Definitely lost some value on my end, especially with Washington passing on RBs until late.  Had good RB depth and needed the WR help though.
Unless there are some key details you didn't post I wouldn't trade the 1.2 straight up for Reed

Second deal seems pretty fair

In non ppr I think if you look best case scenario it could work out, dgb/eifert are more of a red zone type than cooks/Watkins, and Ingram/Dj could be worth ee. Of course you can't make trades expecting best case scenario.
I guess that's the disconnect- I think the Johnson/Ingram combo is worth more than Elliott right now, so "could be" worth Elliott isn't even close to best case scenario IMO.  The rankings I've seen recently have Johnson and Elliott very close (like one is #3 and the other #4), and Ingram is in the RB 8-10 range.

Draft picks only in this one.  First 32 picks are rookies only, then veteran FAs are added in

Team A gets: #3, #17, #47 (15th "veteran" pick)

Team B gets: #1, #50, #98 

Appreciate the quick responses.  I'm "B" and "A" indicated prior to the offer that he's not planning to trade the pick anyway, but I gave him an opening offer in case he reconsiders (and assuming he needs WR or QB more than he needs RB).  

I'll have to look around for additional chips I could have ready.

ETA - this isn't pure dynasty, it's a contract league, so there are 32 veterans returned to the draft every year from expiring contracts, and only a limited number of veteran contracts per team, so #47 isn't worthless.  For example, last year Jordan Reed went at the 50th pick.

Appreciate the quick responses.  I'm "B" and "A" indicated prior to the offer that he's not planning to trade the pick anyway, but I gave him an opening offer in case he reconsiders (and assuming he needs WR or QB more than he needs RB).  

Wrong forum.   :wall:

First...why would someone post bogus trades?

2nd here is the link

http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/26258#0
People frequently use this forum to post "completed" trades when really looking for feedback on offers they are thinking about making/accepting.
Only took 1 page to get a schmuck to validate

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/740089-official-1516-off-season-dynasty-trades/?do=findComment&comment=19083615

A (contender) trades Rodgers

B (rebuilding) trades Luck

Yeah, the team dynamics should be flipped, but they aren't.

ETA - this isn't pure dynasty, it's a contract league, so there are 32 veterans returned to the draft every year from expiring contracts, and only a limited number of veteran contracts per team, so #47 isn't worthless.  For example, last year Jordan Reed went at the 50th pick.
Save the guy the 2 seconds to laugh at and reject your terrible offer and then get outta here you're in the wrong place. 

Users who are viewing this thread