What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (12 Viewers)

Curious if those in the camp that think Cooper > 1.01 also think that Cooper > Gurley. 

Gurley > Cooper > Zeke for me.
Very understandable position, and seems to reflect a majority of the folks responding. Now, if Zeke out performs Gurley’s rookie season would you consider Zeke > Gurley?

For reference, Gurley’s avg per game: 85 rush yds,  .8 TD rush td, 1.6 rec, 14 rec yds

Those numbers seem reasonably achievable, particularly the rec / yds. My only point is that it isn’t a slam dunk that any of these three players are significantly more elite than the other. I could go either way on the RBs over Coop, depending on my roster . In one league I hold the 1.01 and would trade it for Cooper, but primarily because I am more comfortable with my current rb depth than my wr depth. The complete opposite is true in my other dyno league.

Why would you compare Elliot's rookie year to Gurley's?  Especially with averages??  Gurley came off an ACL and wasn't "right" at the start of the season. 

Gurley looks incredibly legit in actual NFL games, and came off a major injury doing it.  Elliot could still be a complete total failure bust. 

Cooper also legit.  I take both over Zeke pretty easily straight up.

So for me, pick 2 is free.

PPR.

I just traded:

FOR 

TY Hilton

Deal was while on the clock.  Was going to take Michael Thomas, instead flipped it for Hilton.  

16 team idp dynasty/32 picks per rd  - double players

team a gives:

2016   3.01 rookie

2017 rd 1 rookie

2017 rd 2 rookie

team b gives

2016 1.15

2016 2.28 rookie

team a came in last place last year and their future doesn't look too bright for 2016.
I can see rolling the dice on 2017 for 1.16.

I find it hilarious that the move up this year from 33 to 28 was considered meaningful enough to be negotiated into the deal.

wow to me Cooper > 1.1 so 1.2 for free. Rookie fever has set in
I agree with this as well.  If your dynasty draft was starting from scratch, Cooper is a consensus top 12 pick overall.  I have never seen Elliot go before pick 11 (and that is way too early BTW).  In most he is ranked about 18 overall and Cooper around 8th.

The market for Elliot is getting ridiculous.  Even if he lives up to his billing as a stud RB, Stud RBs are simply not equal to stud WR in dynasty.  Their careers are way too short and their injury risk is too great.

Look at the top selections in most dynasty drafts :  OBJ, Brown, Nuke, Bryant, Julio, Gronk, and so on... what is missing?  NO RBs!

I guess I am in the minority, but I actually think you made a good move here.  I am assuming that you have large rosters and potentially even large starting requirements.  You will get the best WR most likely in the draft and you still have at least one viable starting RB out of this group, possibly more.  And it is quite possible that over the next two years, your RB will be better than Zeke.   I think you have a lower floor with this deal and just as high of a ceiling.   Seems like a decent deal to me.
I agree.  Geez I wish I had pick 1.1... people are really paying through the nose for it.  History says in one year that there is less than a 1 in 3 chance that Elliot will be worth what folks are paying for him right now.

What next?  Are we going to see a trade of David Johnson + a 1st to get Elliot?  

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree.  Geez I wish I had pick 1.1... people are really paying through the nose for it.  History says in one year that there is less than a 1 in 3 chance that Elliot will be worth what folks are paying for him right now.

Cooper and 1.2 above surpasses David Johnson and a 1st. 

I own both, and much prefer Elliott over Johnson. That wouldn't be an unreasonable offer at all IMO.

I traded Allen Robinson and received the 1.04 and a 2017 1st.  A little gamble but hoping to get either Doctson or Coleman with the 1.04.   FFPC league.

I think the other guy got the better deal, but I have Hurns and Yeldon on my team.  Been putting out feelers on all three for months and getting no bites, so I figured to diversify, I would get value when I could.  I think A Robinson's value is as high as it will ever be, although, I do expect it to stay there for a couple years.  All in all, I am satisfied with the trade.  I still have Hurns, and hopefully Yeldon can benefit from those two being awesome.

if you hit on both picks it might end up being a good deal, but I think id pass on that as a Robinson owner in one league. Would have to be very confident the '17 would be top 3, maybe 4

Pwingles said:
if you hit on both picks it might end up being a good deal, but I think id pass on that as a Robinson owner in one league. Would have to be very confident the '17 would be top 3, maybe 4
Agree with you.  its actually a pretty strong league, so I don't see him moving up too far, if at all.  I lost first round of the playoffs, and get back Jamaal Charles and Jordy Nelson this year.  If I get any production out of the 1.04, I think I am still in a good position, plus setting up for next year.  

Last year I traded away Leveon Bell after week 4 along with my 2016 2nd (ended up being 2.03) and got back 4 2016 first round picks .  Its too bad this years' draft class is kinda weak.  I am hoping to trade out a couple for next years' first rounders where I expect the talent will be better overall.  

So, yeah, didn't quite get full value on Robinson.  Still, I am satisfied with the deal. 

SayWhat? said:
I own both, and much prefer Elliott over Johnson. That wouldn't be an unreasonable offer at all IMO.
Depends on what "a 1st" means.  People say that a lot and don't qualify it.  Pick 2 is a 1st.  Pick 12 is a 1st.  Huge difference.

But frankly, I could see pick 1 go for Johnson and pick 2 and not think it was NEARLY as bad as Cooper and pick 2.  Hell, pick 2 wasn't even free, he was PAID to take pick 2.

Caesar said:
I traded Allen Robinson and received the 1.04 and a 2017 1st.  A little gamble but hoping to get either Doctson or Coleman with the 1.04.   FFPC league.

I think the other guy got the better deal, but I have Hurns and Yeldon on my team.  Been putting out feelers on all three for months and getting no bites, so I figured to diversify, I would get value when I could.  I think A Robinson's value is as high as it will ever be, although, I do expect it to stay there for a couple years.  All in all, I am satisfied with the trade.  I still have Hurns, and hopefully Yeldon can benefit from those two being awesome.
Ouch.  Ouch on the trade and ouch on your reasoning.

Natural Disasters

a risky move for me, but I need an elite running back more than another WR

Above was the guy give away the 1.2 for frees chat comment regarding this trade. Hilarious. It wasn't risky it was just plain stupid.

That trade was a natural disaster for him.

Not to derail, but how many (and who) WRs would you take 1:1 for the 1.1 pick right now?
I got offered 1.1 for Hopkins yesterday and got me thinking a similar thought.

I'd take Beckham, Hopkins, Brown over 1.1. Cooper is close to me, lean him in general but it could depend on team makeup. Same for Julio, it's close and would boil down to team makeup.

That's it. I'd take Elliot over every other WR.

12 team PPR

Start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 2flex

Gave: 1.06 and 2017 3rd

Got: Carlos Hyde and 2017 2nd

You think David Johnson has a better chance of being worth what people are paying?

These 2nd year guys that break out at some point in their rookie year probably have an even worse history of massively busting than top 5 NFL draft picks at RB.  And they're generally more expensive (though not in this case) to boot.  Jeremy Hill, Montee Ball, CJ Anderson, Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, and on and on all the way back to that Kevin Jones/Julius Jones season where they were both top 5/10 startup dynasty picks off of strong performances during the back half of their rookie years.

12 TEAM dynasty ppr

Team A gets Pick 1.1

Team B gets Pick 1.2 plus Amari Cooper
First trade I've seen I'd move EZE for.  And I would do it FAST.

I like the 1.1 as well. Before the draft if this had gone down I believe most anyone (including myself) would be on your side. 

It would have played out like this. Zeke is going to be special but who knows where he lands. With this move you pick up your choice of the tier 1 receivers, top 10 dyno back in Rawls, a guy in Langford who if he survives the draft will be an easy flip (if you want) and Forte/Foster are just gravy.
But it's not before the draft.  We now know where he's at, and it's the best situation he could go to aside from perhaps Oakland ( :homer: ).  It's not blast-worthy, but it's certainly not the kind of move I would make in any league.  5 dice rolls/plugins aren't getting me off EZE.

First trade I've seen I'd move EZE for.  And I would do it FAST.

But it's not before the draft.  We now know where he's at, and it's the best situation he could go to aside from perhaps Oakland ( :homer: ).  It's not blast-worthy, but it's certainly not the kind of move I would make in any league.  5 dice rolls/plugins aren't getting me off EZE.
I don't think I would make the move either at this point but you do realize you are saying 5 dice rolls won't get you off one dice roll, right?

12 team PPR

CJ Prosise, 2.04 (used on Jordan Howard) 

for 

Forte, 2017 first (likely mid) 

12 team dynasty (large rosters).  Here is an example of a bad owner

Devante Parker and Jay Ajayi

for

Pick 6, pick 10, and Scott Chandler

I was not part of the deal, and would have blown picks 6 and 10 out of the water on a trade if I had any idea he was willing to deal those guys.  Note to fantasy owners, it helps to mention you are thinking about dealing a player or two on the message board.  This guy easily gets almost double this return if he does that.

12 team dynasty (large rosters).  Here is an example of a bad owner

Devante Parker and Jay Ajayi

for

Pick 6, pick 10, and Scott Chandler

I was not part of the deal, and would have blown picks 6 and 10 out of the water on a trade if I had any idea he was willing to deal those guys.  Note to fantasy owners, it helps to mention you are thinking about dealing a player or two on the message board.  This guy easily gets almost double this return if he does that.
Lol at Scott chandler being included. Didn't he retire?

Chandler represents negative value.  He has a salary and can not be cut till next year, and the team trading him away was having salary cap problems.  So silly

Users who are viewing this thread