What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (23 Viewers)

That's not really what's being said. It started as a simple discussion of Gibson versus the 1.1.

Which to me is a discussion of, if we assume a RB at that spot, then it's a discussion of Gibson vs Harris. To me, that's not remotely close. I don't think Gibson has anywhere near the same upside as Harris. 
Yea that how I thought this all started. First thing I thought was I would rather have Harris than Gibson. TE flip doesn't really move the needle that much to me. 

I guess I am with @FreeBaGeL in thinking the upside for Gibson is absolutely there.  In fact, I think the cards were stacked against him, which has been mentioned: Covid season, position change, awful QB play versus now.  He has a QB, extra WR to stretch the field and an entire offseason to work his way into the position.  It seems silly to sell a young RB to draft - another young RB.  If Gibson isn't a top 3 to 5 RB - I don't think one exists here either.  

I guess I am with @FreeBaGeL in thinking the upside for Gibson is absolutely there.  In fact, I think the cards were stacked against him, which has been mentioned: Covid season, position change, awful QB play versus now.  He has a QB, extra WR to stretch the field and an entire offseason to work his way into the position.  It seems silly to sell a young RB to draft - another young RB.  If Gibson isn't a top 3 to 5 RB - I don't think one exists here either.  
@FreeBaGeL is right in that there are multiple discussions going on. I wasn’t directly comparing Harris vs Gibson. In the initial post I bolded I questioned why the 1.1 will give you fantasy MVP upside like CMC Zeke Saquon Gurley when that level of prospect isn’t what we’re looking at with Harris. Got caught up in the weeds a bit with someone after that.

Andy Dufresne said:
Gibson's not worth the 1.1.

Unless DFWC somehow stands for "weird scoring format". 
DFWC is Dynasty Fantasy World Championship.  It's a site just like the FFPC except there is also an overall along with trying to win your league title.  There is a $10,000 grand prize if you can beat the 700+ teams (it grows every year).  I joined in 2014 and won the overall my first year (288 teams in 2014).  I also finished 4th overall and 5th overall in a couple of years after once with the same team and with a monster great team I built with a friend of mine menobrown we finished 4th overall a few years back.

It's your basic league format 1 PPR all positions the only main difference is there is an extra flex along with 3 WR's.

Start 11 guys 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 K, 1 DF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy Dufresne said:
This is gonna sound way more aggressive than I intend it to but...it seems like people either don't watch college football or forget what they've seen. :shrug:

I do agree, though, that Pittsburgh is a less than ideal spot. 
Don't worry about sounding aggressive, I'm far from the type to get bent out of shape about disagreement.

I won't disagree that Harris was a better college RB, but Gibson is basically the same age, in a likely better offense, and is FAR more physically talented. Gibson showed he can play at well in the NFL, and it stands to reason he'll only get better as he's learning the position. 2020 feels like Gibson's floor to me. I think there is a reasonable case for him as 2020's best RB. I'd take Taylor over him I guess, but nobody else.

I actually don't even think Harris is the best RB in this class. I'm not sure his lack of speed will play all that well, and for a 230 pounder, he isn't all that powerful. Beyond his college production, I don't see what people love about this guy. Feels like just a decent prospect, who highways of space to run through.

For me, Harris isn't a candidate at 1.1, unless he ends in a perfect situation, and a bunch of other guys both at RB and elsewhere in up in bad ones.

Don't worry about sounding aggressive, I'm far from the type to get bent out of shape about disagreement.

I won't disagree that Harris was a better college RB, but Gibson is basically the same age, in a likely better offense, and is FAR more physically talented. Gibson showed he can play at well in the NFL, and it stands to reason he'll only get better as he's learning the position. 2020 feels like Gibson's floor to me. I think there is a reasonable case for him as 2020's best RB. I'd take Taylor over him I guess, but nobody else.

I actually don't even think Harris is the best RB in this class. I'm not sure his lack of speed will play all that well, and for a 230 pounder, he isn't all that powerful. Beyond his college production, I don't see what people love about this guy. Feels like just a decent prospect, who highways of space to run through.

For me, Harris isn't a candidate at 1.1, unless he ends in a perfect situation, and a bunch of other guys both at RB and elsewhere in up in bad ones.
I totally understand this argument and everyone values new talent differently.  Part of the reason I wouldn't trade a top 3 pick for Gibson honestly.  Just doesn't pass my eye test for that type of value for me.

I will say that I did say he should still be valued as a RB1 which isn't like I'm dogging him hard or anything.  Just think he is getting a little too much love.

12 Team SF 

give 2.02

get Jared Goff

I am not saying Goff is a savior, but he has proven a capable NFL QB and getting that for pick 14 in a rookie draft seemed a good move to make for my team which is weak at qb and has no 1st round picks this year.

12 Team SF 

give 2.02

get Jared Goff

I am not saying Goff is a savior, but he has proven a capable NFL QB and getting that for pick 14 in a rookie draft seemed a good move to make for my team which is weak at qb and has no 1st round picks this year.
Excellent move for SF...can never have enough QBs in that format and getting a starter at that price is great value.

12tm SF PPC TE Prem

CEH, 2.01

FOR

Akers, 2.04
I like CEH over Akers personally but purely from a value standpoint Akers >> CEH.

Obviously I am a proponent of getting your guy but it feels like the team getting CEH left a lot of value on the table here.  Akers typically a top 10 overall startup pick and CEH a 3rd rounder which is a massive gulf.

14 team PPR SF

Gave: Russell Wilson, Chubb, Juju

Got: 1.02, 1.09, Dobbins

My team was and is still in rough shape with depth and needs to rebuild. Picks seemed like they would be easier to parlay into depth than the players

14 team PPR SF

My team was and is still in rough shape with depth and needs to rebuild. Picks seemed like they would be easier to parlay into depth than the players

10 tm, ppr

team A got: 2.06, 23 first, zack moss

Team B got: dobbins

Team A offered the trade. I think dobbins is currently overvalued but still this price still feels pretty low.

14 team PPR SF

Nice trade. I can see it either way. I have Dobbins over Chubb and 1.09 over Juju in SF, but Wilson is worth a bit more than 1.02. Fair. 

14 team PPR SF

I like what you got for a rebuild. I think the other side is good for a contender. I’m a dobbins backer though, he’s probably one of the more polarizing rbs this year forward though.

14 team PPR SF

I think this isn't a bad move at all depending on roster.  Seems like an argument could be made both ways.  I like Chubb over Dobbins personally just because of Lamar capping him a bit but Chubb has Hunt.  Juju could fall off the map next year and Russ is aging a little.  I think this is a decent return for a rebuild.

10 tm, ppr

team A got: 2.06, 23 first, zack moss

Team B got: dobbins

Team A offered the trade. I think dobbins is currently overvalued but still this price still feels pretty low.
Totally agree that this feels light for Dobbins.  Moss does nothing for me.  10 team makes the 2.6 better at 16 than in deeper leagues but I would think that should be another 1st for this to be a more even trade.

12 team SF ppr

Gave Davante Adams and 3.05 this year

got Michael Thomas and 2022 1st round pick

I am banking on a healthy Thomas being back to what his track record shows he is and while that may not be quite Adams levels to get a guy who I think can be similar to Adams and get a future 1st from a team that is not a definite contender seemed like a solid move.

ppr

A got Deebo Samuel, Ronald Jones

B got James Robinson
I do think selling high J-Rob isn't a bad idea with a new regime that isn't tied to him along with no draft capital or money wrapped up in him.  Plus, I don't see any way that he gets the same workload moving forward that he got this year.  With that being said, this isn't selling high and isn't enough for a RB that did what he did last year.  I'd ride him out at that price.

Can you unpack this one for me?
We saw him not be good without Ben and I don't see Ben sticking around after this year (he wasn't even great last year but not bad).  He could also be going to another team as he only signed a 1 year contract. 

Plus, I have never been as high on Juju as others.  He seems like he needs the perfect spot and that was with Ben performing at a very high level with AB on the other side.  He will never have that again.  He could be nothing but a depth piece after this year.

Just my take.  I could see a world where he isn't bad but him being a WR1 or close I think are done and that gets even more out of reach as time goes on for me.

His ADP is WR21, nobody is expecting him to vault back up to the WR4 (or whatever he was) after his rookie season. 

He was WR16 last year (highest of any Pittsburgh WR).  By falling off the map, are you predicting he's somewhere in the WR30 range this season?

His ADP is WR21, nobody is expecting him to vault back up to the WR4 (or whatever he was) after his rookie season. 

He was WR16 last year (highest of any Pittsburgh WR).  By falling off the map, are you predicting he's somewhere in the WR30 range this season?
I said after this season.  I expect an OK season for him this year with Ben there along with Diontae Johnson and Claypool there.  After this year, I could see him as a WR3 yes.

We see lots of guys follow this path from next superstar to mediocre WR2 where we think they've hit their floor and sitting there for a year or two before they totally disappear off the radar.  Think of someone like Braylon Edwards or Lee Evans among others.

I could pretty easily see a future a year or two from now where JuJu is basically considered an irrelevant fantasy player that is nothing more than an end of draft 18th round hail marry in startup drafts.  If anything I think that is the more common path for these breakout WRs that fail to follow through than maintaining a long career of sustained WR2 success is.

We see lots of guys follow this path from next superstar to mediocre WR2 where we think we've hit their floor and sitting there for a year or two before they totally disappear off the radar.  Think of someone like Braylon Edwards or Lee Evans among others.

I could pretty easily see a future a year or two from now where JuJu is basically considered an irrelevant fantasy player that is nothing more than an end of draft 18th round hail marry in startup drafts.  If anything I think that is the more common path for these breakout WRs that fail to follow through than maintaining a long career of sustained WR2 success is.
Good points here.  I totally agree and maybe that was the better way to say what I was trying to when I said I could see him "fall off the map" after this season.  I see him in that same mold you just described.

Jonesin For Some Football said:
I really like this move.  I think Ridley could be a stud for years to come.  I think Chark gave us his best season 2 years ago and I think the Monty hate is a little too high but like this move a lot if you aren't relying on him at RB.
Got rid of two players that are hard to trade for what owners think they are worth (fallacy) and got a player that is in hot demand.  Good job.

gabes1919 said:
14 team PPR SF

I would say that is even. 

Users who are viewing this thread