What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (25 Viewers)

A doozy just went down...

12 team, ppr

Team A receives J Jefferson, D Hilliard Deon Jackson, Brock Wright

Team B receives DJ Moore, D Pierce, C Watson, C Kirk.

Team A in the hunt, Team B rebuilding.

Time to blow up my team that could not get it done the last few years and get younger while looking to position myself for a top 2 rookie pick.

Trade 1
Give- A. Jones, K. Allen
Get- Mid 1st, Mid 3rd, Gallup, Kyren Williams

Trade 2
Give- Monty, Late 3rd
Get- Mid 2nd, Elijah Moore

Time to blow up my team that could not get it done the last few years and get younger while looking to position myself for a top 2 rookie pick.

Trade 1
Give- A. Jones, K. Allen

Trade 2
Give- Monty, Late 3rd
I like them both for a rebuild.

12 team, ppr

Lots of pieces for team B
I'm team B, and might have sold light. I'm a believer in Pierce and Watson. Moore just needs a competent qb, and Kirk is an underrated wr2. Imo, of course.

12 team, ppr

12 team, ppr

I'm team B, and might have sold light. I'm a believer in Pierce and Watson. Moore just needs a competent qb, and Kirk is an underrated wr2. Imo, of course.
It could work out for you, but trading arguably the best young WR since Randy Moss is really tough. The guys you got back could be decent starters for you, but I’d rather start JJ and waiver fodder in a rebuild.

12 team, ppr

Wanting a few players like DPierce & CWatson are fine. They have shown enough to convey upper status.
JJ is elite. There are very few “elite” FF players and if you elect to trade one of them, you should receive a premium in return. You got fair value but no premium. Nothing wrong with that but did you shop around? Or was this the only trade partner due to targeted players you wanted? Did you trap yourself?
If you are happy, that is what matters
Details IMO:
DPierce can & likely replaced in 2024. RB draft & FA will be crazy next year. RBBC is likely in Hou also.
DJ Moore is “just a QB away” is true but if they draft said QB in 2023 then 2-3 years to learn & develop while DJ will be 28-29 and looking for a new team & QB so very little ROI gained.
CWatson has ARodgers this year but what happens 2023?? Will JLove connect with Watson?
You got back decent returns but nothing to “Build your foundation” on in the future.

Trade 1
Give- A. Jones, K. Allen

Trade 2
Give- Monty, Late 3rd

Not to be a pain but not a big fan of these deals...Jones is not a youngster but still a high-end RB who should have a few more good years in him, Allen still has value and Monty while nothing too special is young and solid...now, I totally get why you are moving these players because you are in rebuild mode but I really don't like the players you are getting back...Gallup does zero for me, Moore still has upside but has huge questions marks and while Williams is intriguing, he is not a guy I would be targeting in a rebuild...the #1 is a nice get but other than that you got a #2 and a #3 but you also gave back a #3 so that is a wash...outside of the #1 I don't think you did too much to help yourself for the future.

12 team, ppr

I will focus on something here...I really dislike the fact you dealt a player of the level of JJ and did not get at least one #1 in a draft that appears to have some very high-end talent...that really bothers me.

Overall, it is an interesting deal...no doubt you made your roster deeper but what makes me nervous is the fact that you did not get back any definites or draft picks...Moore is the one piece I really don't like...it is now year 5 and while there are many excuses, he just may be what he is which is a solid WR who has never had more than 4 TDs in a season (although that could change this year)...Pierce is a nice get but being a Texan does not make me feel warm and fuzzy...Watson is a good player to be targeting but if Rodgers retires or Green Bay goes all in on WRs this offseason to make Rodgers happy he could take a hit...Kirk is a nice addition as well but while I really like what he is doing this year I still don't totally trust him, but I do like him as part of this deal...that brings me back to Moore...if instead of Moore it was some form of draft picks which included a #1 or a young player I liked better I would be far more onboard with this deal...all that being said I definitely see how this deal could end up being a real good one for you, the pathway is there and overall as a rebuilding team there is no doubt youth was added...but again, not getting any picks back...sorry to bring that up again.

12 team, ppr

I’d want some safer/better pieces in any deal where Jefferson is moved. I think this deal hinges way too much on a two game sample size from Watson - and with Rodgers possibly retiring that’s scary.

12 team, ppr

Jefferson. The rest of those guys are not guys I would even try to go after, and certainly not at the house expense of JJ
Even worse if smaller rosters

12 team, ppr

Wanting a few players like DPierce & CWatson are fine. They have shown enough to convey upper status.
JJ is elite. There are very few “elite” FF players and if you elect to trade one of them, you should receive a premium in return. You got fair value but no premium. Nothing wrong with that but did you shop around? Or was this the only trade partner due to targeted players you wanted? Did you trap yourself?
Details IMO:
DPierce can & likely replaced in 2024. RB draft & FA will be crazy next year. RBBC is likely in Hou also.
DJ Moore is “just a QB away” is true but if they draft said QB in 2023 then 2-3 years to learn & develop while DJ will be 28-29 and looking for a new team & QB so very little ROI gained.
CWatson has ARodgers this year but what happens 2023?? Will JLove connect with Watson?
You got back decent returns but nothing to “Build your foundation” on in the future.

Yep, agree on those assessments... priority on the elite player(s) is the consensus here... The is nothing better than an elite, foundational piece you can plug into your line-up every week.

I understand team B's intention and as someone else mentioned, it's all good if you're happy with the deal. I do really like DJ Moore; he is my textbook example of a player held back by poor QB play. I'm happy with Pierce too, took him at 1.10 this season.

If I were rebuilding at this moment, I would keep a player like JJ and focus on acquiring draft picks over the next two years. Of course, that takes a bit more patience.

12 team, ppr

Details IMO:
I appreciate your feedback, and yes, am having sellers remorse. It is what it is. I've been playing this game for over 25 years and still make rookie mistakes.

There was another offer on the table, Jefferson and Okerfee (lb IND) for Waddle/ETN. That is the deal I should have taken.

12 team, ppr

Details IMO:
I appreciate your feedback, and yes, am having sellers remorse. It is what it is. I've been playing this game for over 25 years and still make rookie mistakes.

There was another offer on the table, Jefferson and Okerfee (lb IND) for Waddle/ETN. That is the deal I should have taken.
We all make an occasional bad trade ... My 12 Team 1 QB PPR, mine was last year acquiring CMC ... gave up DJ Moore, Marquis Brown & mid 1st & high 2nd
Then I moved CMC this year since I am in full rebuild. After 25 trades, I now hold 5 x 1st + 3 x 2nd in 2023 and 2 x 1st & 3 x 2nd in 2024

I think the ETN/Waddle deal is still a little light, maybe a high 2nd.

My advice... Trade the new assets for draft picks. Try to get a 1st for DJ Moore, etc and see how you can build for the future.

FFPC SuperFlex

I gave 2023 3rd (late not mine)
I got Foreman

need RB help this week and possibly ROS. Zeke and Fournette fading but I'm in the thick of the hunt right now.

Fantastic trade...you got a guy who can be a difference-maker this year and gotta believe will still have some value next year and only gave up a third...not sure what the other guy is thinking but it works out very well for you.

FFPC SuperFlex

I got Foreman

need RB help this week and possibly ROS. Zeke and Fournette fading but I'm in the thick of the hunt right now.

Fantastic trade...you got a guy who can be a difference-maker this year and gotta believe will still have some value next year and only gave up a third...not sure what the other guy is thinking but it works out very well for you.
His team is 2nd to last and just wanted some draft capital I assume. Maybe he doesn't think Foreman does hold any value beyond.

FFPC SuperFlex

I got Foreman

His team is 2nd to last and just wanted some draft capital I assume. Maybe he doesn't think Foreman does hold any value beyond.

I get the thinking...just not for a late 3rd...gotta get more creative than that with a guy who has just rushed for over 115 yards in 3 of the last 4 games.

Trade 1
Give- A. Jones, K. Allen

Trade 2
Give- Monty, Late 3rd

Not to be a pain but not a big fan of these deals...Jones is not a youngster but still a high-end RB who should have a few more good years in him, Allen still has value and Monty while nothing too special is young and solid...now, I totally get why you are moving these players because you are in rebuild mode but I really don't like the players you are getting back...Gallup does zero for me, Moore still has upside but has huge questions marks and while Williams is intriguing, he is not a guy I would be targeting in a rebuild...the #1 is a nice get but other than that you got a #2 and a #3 but you also gave back a #3 so that is a wash...outside of the #1 I don't think you did too much to help yourself for the future.
I hear what your saying and initially was hoping for a little more especially involving Jones but I think looking at the big picture it will be a positive move. Looking at it in stages.
2022- these moves should make the difference in my pick being 1.2 vs something like 1.5.
2023- losing Jones and Allen probably hurts me for this season but I also have a group of players returning for me next year- Ridley, Jamo, Penny, Hunt (in a better situation) Michael Thomas (if he ever returns) and a fully healthy Gallup
2024 and beyond- Allen, Jones and Monty likely very little value and having 4 top 17 picks from the 2023 draft should have me in a much better situation in 2024 and beyond.

Trade 1
Give- A. Jones, K. Allen

Trade 2
Give- Monty, Late 3rd

I hear what your saying and initially was hoping for a little more especially involving Jones but I think looking at the big picture it will be a positive move. Looking at it in stages.
2022- these moves should make the difference in my pick being 1.2 vs something like 1.5.
2023- losing Jones and Allen probably hurts me for this season but I also have a group of players returning for me next year- Ridley, Jamo, Penny, Hunt (in a better situation) Michael Thomas (if he ever returns) and a fully healthy Gallup
2024 and beyond- Allen, Jones and Monty likely very little value and having 4 top 17 picks from the 2023 draft should have me in a much better situation in 2024 and beyond.
Error

FFPC SuperFlex

I got Foreman

I get the thinking...just not for a late 3rd...gotta get more creative than that with a guy who has just rushed for over 115 yards in 3 of the last 4 games.
Yeah it's a terrible trade any way anyone tries to rationalize it. Barring horrible injury Foreman is clearly going to be worth more than a late 3rd in the offseason, let alone his value to the rest of this season.

Two different FFPC SuperFlex leagues, not involved

Team A gave London, Goff, B Robinson, McBride, 2023 1st&2nd (is in the 6 seed currently with healthy lead over the 7 seed so *probably* late)
Team B gave Hurts, Mostert, Granson

Team X gave D Cook, Willis, 2023 1st (6 seed currently and lots of close competitors right on their tail)
Team Z gave Amon-Ra, Gibson, D Harris, 2023 2nd (from team not involved but is 5 seed, also precariously)

So yeah I like both trades super fair to me, depends on what you need. Expensive price for Hurts but he is an elite asset in SF for sure.

Two different FFPC SuperFlex leagues, not involved

Team A gave London, Goff, B Robinson, McBride, 2023 1st&2nd (is in the 6 seed currently with healthy lead over the 7 seed so *probably* late)
Team B gave Hurts, Mostert, Granson

Team X gave D Cook, Willis, 2023 1st (6 seed currently and lots of close competitors right on their tail)
Team Z gave Amon-Ra, Gibson, D Harris, 2023 2nd (from team not involved but is 5 seed, also precariously)

So yeah I like both trades super fair to me, depends on what you need. Expensive price for Hurts but he is an elite asset in SF for sure.

Love what the new Hurts Owner did here...they really did not hit too much of the meat of their roster and they got one of the absolute biggest assets in SF...London is a quality pick-up but he is not in a great fantasy situation (at least for now)...Goff is on his way to being a journeyman QB...I like Robinson but he not enough to move the needle too much for me when dealing Hurts...McBride is a prospect but there are plenty of guys like him...the #1 and #2 are nice additions...so, while the Owner dealing Hurts gave up some legit assets in London, Robinson and the two picks my guess is he won't care at all a year from now as Hurts puts up big points.

12 Team PPR

Team A receives C Kirk

Team B receives '25 1st

This is my rebuilding Team B, from the thread above, trying to flip players from trade to picks where the value makes sense.
Great work getting high value now for a WR who might see fewer targets in 2023 when (if) Ridley plays along side him

12 Team PPR

Team A receives C Kirk

Team B receives '25 1st

This is my rebuilding Team B, from the thread above, trying to flip players from trade to picks where the value makes sense.
Kirk for a first ugh. Double ugh
It is off a few years …2025 so aged pick?
3 drafts away. Can probably say that 25 pick is worth a mid to late 2nd. Seems more than fair value for Kirk in my opinion.

FFPC SuperFlex not competing:

I gave Carr
I got Dulcich, Ridder, 2023 2nd (early)

FFPC SF not involved:

Team A gave Dotson, 2023 1st (late)
Team B gave Amon-Ra, 2023 2nd(late)

ETA I had the picks switched on this Amon-Ra trade is fixed now

Last edited:

I gave Carr
The team acquiring Carr (calling them X) made a second trade at the same moment with a different partner:

Team X gave Higgins, Diontae, Jeff WIlson
Team Z gave T Marshall, M Thomas, D Foreman, 2023 1st (late from the 1 seed)

not sure I understand either trade TBH. Imma look and see if they wanna sell anything else

I gave Carr

FFPC SF not involved:

Team A gave Dotson, 2023 2nd (late)
Team B gave Amon-Ra, 2023 1st (late)
I like the 1st trade for the team getting Dulcich. Seems like picks are flipped in the 2nd trade. Why give up a Amon and a 1st for Dotson?

I gave Carr

FFPC SF not involved:

I like the 1st trade for the team getting Dulcich. Seems like picks are flipped in the 2nd trade. Why give up a Amon and a 1st for Dotson?
That was my reaction too. Amon-Ra should be worth more than Dotson.

Deadline deals - 12 tm PPR 1QB - not involved in any:

Team A gets Kamara
Team B gets Hollywood Brown

Team A is top contender, Team B is currently in last.

Team B (same as above) gets Najee
Team C gets Lockett, Singletary, and Everett

Team C is middle of the pack and apparently wanted off the Najee train. I'm kicking myself for not making an offer of my own.

Team C gets Knox and 2023 1st (late)
Team D gets 2024 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

Team D is gobbling up as many picks as he can across the next two drafts, full on tank mode.

Team D gets '24 5th and $10 FAAB
Team E gets '24 4th

Team B gets '23 3rd (late)
Team F gets '23 5th (early) and $20 FAAB

Never see any FAAB trades in this thread so figured I'd throw a couple out there just as data points. These are out of $100 yearly budget. 12 team with 25 man rosters + 2 IR.

I gave Carr

FFPC SF not involved:

I gave Carr

FFPC SF not involved:

That was my reaction too. Amon-Ra should be worth more than Dotson.
Yeah I messed that up, the picks were the other way as you would have expected. I edited the post.

12 Team PPR

Team A receives C Kirk

Team B receives '25 1st

Yeah, but I have to wait a few years for that first. The upside is his aging team will be even worse by then.
Kirk isn't worth a first IMO. I don't care if it's 2030.

12 Team 1 QB; 0.5 PPR / Not involved (Premium 1.0 PPR TE)
Team A (7-5) Gave up Phil WR Devonta Smith
Team B (6-6) Gave up LAR TE Tyler Higbee

Team A lost Pitts
Team B has Cotton, Freiermuth, Kmet & Hooper still at TE

12 Team PPR

Team A receives C Kirk

Team B receives '25 1st

Yeah, but I have to wait a few years for that first. The upside is his aging team will be even worse by then.

kirk is WR15 in my PPR league. I don’t see how a 1st 3 years away is anything but a fair trade for a top 15 WR. You might not value Kirk as highly, but this trade wouldn’t even put a blip on my radar as being out of balance. Especially if the team receiving Kirk is a WR2 away from a deep run. Totally fair imo.

12 Team PPR

Team A receives C Kirk

Team B receives '25 1st

kirk is WR15 in my PPR league. I don’t see how a 1st 3 years away is anything but a fair trade for a top 15 WR. You might not value Kirk as highly, but this trade wouldn’t even put a blip on my radar as being out of balance. Especially if the team receiving Kirk is a WR2 away from a deep run. Totally fair imo.
DLF trade analyzer says Kirk is worth the 2025 #1 plus by a significant margin....So whoever got Kirk in that deal seems to have gotten a bargain.

12 Team PPR

Team A receives C Kirk

Team B receives '25 1st

I never said it would be a blip on anyone's radar as being out of balance, but I wouldn't waste a 1st rd pick on him in a trade. I would rather wait and see what else I could do with the pick.

Users who are viewing this thread