What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (12 Viewers)

12 team SF 5 point passing TD

Gave: Fields
Got: B. Young, ‘24 1st
I like the Young side. Young seems to be a bit polarizing due to the size, but he just seems to have "it".
By “it” do you mean shortcomings?
Sorry. Joking but I agree he has the mental skill and talent to do well but I just don’t see him being a viable QB for more than 2-3 seasons

I like the Young side. Young seems to be a bit polarizing due to the size, but he just seems to have "it".
Sorry. Joking but I agree he has the mental skill and talent to do well but I just don’t see him being a viable QB for more than 2-3 seasons
Not to derail, but that is the concern I just don't share. The height concerns me a bit, but there are examples of similar height working in the NFL. The weight, he could very well add mass while in the NFL. Their size isn't necessarily static. And even if he didn't add a lot, or any, I wonder if there is any scientific reason his size would make him more susceptible to injury. I know intuitively it feels like it, but I would suspect that flexibility, body conditioning, hell... genetics, could help offset that issue.
It's going to be interesting to watch, because I do think if he were just 6'2" 215 we would be talking about him as a sure fire franchise QB for the next decade.

if he were just 6'2" 215 we would be talking about him as a sure fire franchise QB for the next decade.
And if my aunt had 🥜 she’d be my uncle.
I get it, If & buts....
My point is more that if the size/durability issues don't manifest in the way the naysayers believe they will... then we likely are talking about a sure fire franchise QB. The skills, physical and mental, are pretty unquestioned.

Not to derail, but that is the concern I just don't share. The height concerns me a bit, but there are examples of similar height working in the NFL. The weight, he could very well add mass while in the NFL. Their size isn't necessarily static. And even if he didn't add a lot, or any, I wonder if there is any scientific reason his size would make him more susceptible to injury. I know intuitively it feels like it, but I would suspect that flexibility, body conditioning, hell... genetics, could help offset that issue.
It's going to be interesting to watch, because I do think if he were just 6'2" 215 we would be talking about him as a sure fire franchise QB for the next decade.
Well put, but I would like to add a perspective that while in college his playing weight was more likely 180’ish and he was able to evade most weaker DL. If he truly puts on 20+ lbs of muscle how much speed & elusiveness will be sacrificed? I just don’t see his frame handling the extra weight and still maintain his ability to evade the faster, larger stronger NFL caliber DL.

I agree that this feels light but if they were drafting in the top 4 this year (I assume as they got Young), then it could work out. I don't hate it if rebuilding and may be a good trade but as of now it wasn't great value for Fields. I think I'd have shopped him or he is young enough to keep and build around.

I agree that this feels light but if they were drafting in the top 4 this year (I assume as they got Young), then it could work out. I don't hate it if rebuilding and may be a good trade but as of now it wasn't great value for Fields. I think I'd have shopped him or he is young enough to keep and build around.
Fields just turned 24. He's only 28ish months older than Young. Barring some gruesome injury, he'll be in the league longer than it takes to turn around a dynasty team.

I guess I still have Fields over Bryce Young in my rankings, but they are close and I would further categorize Fields as a sell and Bryce as a buy. Depends on my roster which side I’d want as I expect Fields to easily outproduce Bryce this year, just not expecting longevity for him as I am Bryce. Basically I think one is a real franchise QB and one isn’t.

So all that said, think it’s ok value and if you’re willing to be patient, could really workout for you.

Basically I think one is a real franchise QB and one isn’t.
Think the Bears should of drafted Young and traded Fields? I'd be surprised if that wasn't discussed pre-draft.

Just depends on what they could have gotten for Fields as to what my answer is. In a vacuum though yes, I think Bryce is a much better bet long term so if a package existed for Fields that was something in the vicinity of what they got for the #1 pick I would say yes rather easily. It probably did not though. If they could have got 50% of what they got for Bryce? Yeah sign me up for that. Just another answer we will likely never know.

16 team IDP 1.5 TE PPR 1 QB

I gave up 2.16 and 3.07
I got Chris Godwin

This is a questionable trade there are some good players still on the board but my team lacks WR depth and with questionable QB situation and Godwin is no spring chicken anymore.

Worst trade offers thread is around the corner…
This makes no sense. The trade was more than fair. I even question if I gave up too much. It isn't like Godwin is that top 10 WR anymore and 2 words for ya Baker Mayfield........

Think the Bears should of drafted Young and traded Fields? I'd be surprised if that wasn't discussed pre-draft.
Maybe they tried and no one wanted Fields? At least at whatever price the Bears may have been asking.
But they must like Fields, a lot. Otherwise they certainly would of upgraded with #1 overall.

Not necessarily. Teams always lean short sighted because the people making decisions have jobs to keep. The element of self interest is included in every decision made and we’re also not privy to what sort of offers they might have heard for Fields.

I think end of the day once DJ Moore was included, they thought their best path forward was to roll with Fields/DJM/extra picks. And Im not really in a position to disagree without knowing what they could have got for Fields.

I gave up 2.16 and 3.07
I got Chris Godwin

This is a questionable trade there are some good players still on the board but my team lacks WR depth and with questionable QB situation and Godwin is no spring chicken anymore.

This makes no sense. The trade was more than fair. I even question if I gave up too much. It isn't like Godwin is that top 10 WR anymore and 2 words for ya Baker Mayfield........
I actually think it's a big win for you too. Worst trade offer thread is a great exaggeration though, probably intentional.

Maybe they tried and no one wanted Fields? At least at whatever price the Bears may have been asking.
But they must like Fields, a lot. Otherwise they certainly would of upgraded with #1 overall.
I think a lot of it had to do with no generational type QB in this class worth not giving Fields a legit shot with some real assets to work while at the same time picking up an extra first round pick next year in case things don't work out in draft that actually has a generational* type QB plus another one that likely would have been graded over Young by most teams.

***generational is overused, it may not be with Caleb Williams***

I gave up 2.16 and 3.07
I got Chris Godwin

You got to give them context of who was left at 2.16, I'm sure that would change a lot of opinions because typically even in an IDP league the 32nd and 39th rookies in this draft are not overly valued assets.

Without that context I'd agree you won easily and I'm kind of soft on Godwin. But since you gave me that context and I know who was actually left at 2.16 I'd have rather have the picks.

I gave up 2.16 and 3.07
I got Chris Godwin

I agree Mayfield sucks and will sink all Tampa players value but Godwin is only 27 and currently goes on average before Flowers or Kincaid in FFPC TE premium startups. IDP certainly offsets quite a bit the position of those picks but that is negated itself by it being a 16 team league making those picks equivalent to a 3rd and a 4th in 12 team leagues for a WR2 currently valued for around a mid-late 1st. Maybe the context Meno suggests alters things especially if your IDP scoring heavy leaving other guys on the board, but on the face of it you got a massive steal.

I gave up 2.16 and 3.07
I got Chris Godwin

You didn’t give up too much.

I gave up 2.16 and 3.07
I got Chris Godwin

In a 16 team league this is stealing. I would want a pick from 11ish to 18 for Godwin.

Just depends on what they could have gotten for Fields as to what my answer is. In a vacuum though yes, I think Bryce is a much better bet long term so if a package existed for Fields that was something in the vicinity of what they got for the #1 pick I would say yes rather easily. It probably did not though. If they could have got 50% of what they got for Bryce? Yeah sign me up for that. Just another answer we will likely never know.
So you are betting on him being the only true franchise QB ever at 5'10"? We have seen Fields play in the NFL. Not Young. Plus, it isn't like the Panthers are some great organization at developing QBs. I'd much prefer Fields even though I do think Young will be fine but Drew Brees and Russ are the only really short QBs that have been true successes and Brees was 6'0" at least. Wilson also wasn't that amazing of a fantasy asset for a very good portion of his career. Give me the fantasy cheat code that Fields is on pace to be.

Plus, it isn't like the Panthers are some great organization at developing QBs
Even if this was true, how would it be relevant since it’s a brand new coaching staff with a HC that has shown he can develop QBs?
As well as a QB coach who is regarded as an ascending coach. It's a good situation to land in, good coaching, good OLine.

Plus, it isn't like the Panthers are some great organization at developing QBs.
While as a whole, I completely agree with this sentiment.
However, they did bring in a few coaches who have some experience with QB development and growth.
HC - Frank Reich was key to Carson Wentz growth. Hard to dispute what he did with Wentz being so mediocre everywhere else.
QB Coach - Josh McCown - he knows the game and what it takes for the position. I think he is a real asset for Bryce Young.
OC - Thomas Brown (admittedly I know little about him)... He was LAR Assistant HC/RB Coach. Him & Reich are building a new Playbook for the Rookie QB.

Now, I am firm believer that Bryce Young will not be a long lasting QB in NFL due to his physical limitations (like if he puts on 20 lbs, he will be slower and hit more often for example).
I just think the Panthers did all they could to establish a strong coaching staff for a rookie QB.

I know this post will get little traction because of the complexity of the league but...

16 team, ppr, pp 1st down, 1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1(no qb)flex 1k 2dt 2 de 2lb 2cb 2s 1def flex, contract years/cap

I received -
Cap hits (enough for 4 minimum players, less than 5% of max cap)
Brandon McManus K (fa) 2 yrs, league minimum cap hit
Bryce Callahan CB (fa) 1 yr, league minimum cap hit
Jordan Cameron DE 1 yr
Pick 1.11

I gave -
Deebo Samuel 1 yr
Jake Elliot k 1yr
Christian Kirksey LB 1yr

I know this post will get little traction because of the complexity of the league but...

16 team, ppr, pp 1st down, 1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1(no qb)flex 1k 2dt 2 de 2lb 2cb 2s 1def flex, contract years/cap

I received -
Jordan Cameron DE 1 yr
Pick 1.11

I gave -
Deebo Samuel 1 yr
Jake Elliot k 1yr
Christian Kirksey LB 1yr
:oldunsure:

:confused:

:shock:

:sadbanana:

So you are betting on him being the only true franchise QB ever at 5'10"? We have seen Fields play in the NFL. Not Young. Plus, it isn't like the Panthers are some great organization at developing QBs. I'd much prefer Fields even though I do think Young will be fine but Drew Brees and Russ are the only really short QBs that have been true successes and Brees was 6'0" at least. Wilson also wasn't that amazing of a fantasy asset for a very good portion of his career. Give me the fantasy cheat code that Fields is on pace to be.

Yes. if you insist on phrasing it that way, which is a way that really doesn’t matter to me at all, then sure. I’d say the way the game has evolved specifically over the last 3-4 years makes it all pretty pointless to compare to previous eras. He only has to play in today and tomorrows NFL. Don’t really care whether he could hack it in 1986 or 2002.

I received -
Jordan Cameron DE 1 yr
Pick 1.11

I gave -
Deebo Samuel 1 yr
Jake Elliot k 1yr
Christian Kirksey LB 1yr

Basically I got 1.11 and J Cameron plus a starter's worth of negative cap for Deebo, the Philly kicker, and Kirksey

What level WR do y'all think I could get for Tony Pollard? An Amon Ra, Cooper type, etc???

Thanks in advance
Mid WR2 (Metcalf, Adams, Smith types)
I could see Tee Higgins as a pretty solid deal if you have a believer in Pollard. Some feel TP is a top 5 breakout guy - value-wise I think straight up for Higgins in a 12-team PPR is fair.

If the cowboys bring back Zeke cheap, maybe add a future 4th to balance it.

Pollard is a tough evalution. KTC has him right around Davante Adams and Cooper Kupp. Stefon Diggs would take a bit of a sweetener, but he's at least around the area of a straight-up transaction.

I think the names you're thinking of -- like Amon-Ra and such -- are a bit out of Tony's class right now. For example, KTC has a transaction like that as needing the 2.01 in addition to Pollard to acquire St. Brown, which seems actually about right.

I think Tony is sitting in the catbird's seat right now, but his value isn't quite what it could be because he's twenty-six years old, and there's no guarantee that Dallas won't re-sign Zeke or sign another short yardage back to run certain concepts in certain blocking schemes. They basically did that with Zeke and Pollard last year, and they might do it again.

Just chiming in about why Pollard's stock isn't through the moon.

Pollard is a tough evalution. KTC has him right around Davante Adams and Cooper Kupp. Stefon Diggs would take a bit of a sweetener, but he's at least around the area of a straight-up transaction.

I think the names you're thinking of -- like Amon-Ra and such -- are a bit out of Tony's class right now. For example, KTC has a transaction like that as needing the 2.01 in addition to Pollard to acquire St. Brown, which seems actually about right.

I think Tony is sitting in the catbird's seat right now, but his value isn't quite what it could be because he's twenty-six years old, and there's no guarantee that Dallas won't re-sign Zeke or sign another short yardage back to run certain concepts in certain blocking schemes. They basically did that with Zeke and Pollard last year, and they might do it again.

Just chiming in about why Pollard's stock isn't through the moon.
I think your right.

But I also think as we move forward the longer the Cowboys don’t sign Zeke, the greater some manager’s optimism will grow.

I’ve read quite a few opinions expressing optimism for a bigger year regardless of whether busted down Zeke comes back.

Either way he’s going to be the lead dog in an offense that wants to go through the RB.

Right now I agree with you. But if I’m a pollard shareholder, as soon as the 1st “rah rah Pollard crushing it at camp, RB1 upside” article comes out, I’m gonna put him on the block. Feels like a sell high window is coming.

I received -
Jordan Cameron DE 1 yr
Pick 1.11

I gave -
Deebo Samuel 1 yr
Jake Elliot k 1yr
Christian Kirksey LB 1yr

Basically I got 1.11 and J Cameron plus a starter's worth of negative cap for Deebo, the Philly kicker, and Kirksey

Seems a little light for Deebo, but Cameron plus the cap space probably makes up for it in your league. Even trade.

I received -
Jordan Cameron DE 1 yr
Pick 1.11

I gave -
Deebo Samuel 1 yr
Jake Elliot k 1yr
Christian Kirksey LB 1yr
I'll take a stab at this:

So you gave up a nice asset (Samuel), a negligible asset (Eliiot), and a linebacker who has some value this year maybe for...

An asset that can only be obtained via trading (cap hits), AND players that can use that cap hit who have no value other than their ability to use that cap hit AND cover a starting roster slot, plus a dice roll (1.11).

That said, I'd guess you're a contending team with cap issues and a bunch of WRs that are better than Samuel, and you took what you could get.

I received -
Jordan Cameron DE 1 yr
Pick 1.11

I gave -
Deebo Samuel 1 yr
Jake Elliot k 1yr
Christian Kirksey LB 1yr

So you gave up a nice asset (Samuel), a negligible asset (Eliiot), and a linebacker who has some value this year maybe for...

An asset that can only be obtained via trading (cap hits), AND players that can use that cap hit who have no value other than their ability to use that cap hit AND cover a starting roster slot, plus a dice roll (1.11).

That said, I'd guess you're a contending team with cap issues and a bunch of WRs that are better than Samuel, and you took what you could get.
What would you say Deebo is worth straight up picks wise?

Plus, it isn't like the Panthers are some great organization at developing QBs
Even if this was true, how would it be relevant since it’s a brand new coaching staff with a HC that has shown he can develop QBs?
I do believe that Reich's ability to develop QBs is severely overhyped. Like who was a tremendous success of his? Wentz? Darnold? Foles did win but that was all about the D they had. Regardless, I think it is really early to be claiming Young as a transcendent QB. I think he will be ok but Fields has the chance to be an elite fantasy asset already and was at times last year. Young may end up being a better real life QB though.

Plus, it isn't like the Panthers are some great organization at developing QBs.
While as a whole, I completely agree with this sentiment.
However, they did bring in a few coaches who have some experience with QB development and growth.
HC - Frank Reich was key to Carson Wentz growth. Hard to dispute what he did with Wentz being so mediocre everywhere else.
QB Coach - Josh McCown - he knows the game and what it takes for the position. I think he is a real asset for Bryce Young.
OC - Thomas Brown (admittedly I know little about him)... He was LAR Assistant HC/RB Coach. Him & Reich are building a new Playbook for the Rookie QB.

Now, I am firm believer that Bryce Young will not be a long lasting QB in NFL due to his physical limitations (like if he puts on 20 lbs, he will be slower and hit more often for example).
I just think the Panthers did all they could to establish a strong coaching staff for a rookie QB.
Totally agreed with most of what you said. I'm not that impressed with the Wentz situation personally just because this was a SB team without him and he wasn't good for very good. I think Young will be fine but not great. The Panthers did what they had to do to put him in the right situation though and I would say they most likely made the right pick.

My Comments are more in regards to comparing his value to Fields and I think they are on different stratospheres and I'm not even incredibly high on Fields personally but we have seen what that type of QB can mean in fantasy.

I received -
Jordan Cameron DE 1 yr
Pick 1.11

I gave -
Deebo Samuel 1 yr
Jake Elliot k 1yr
Christian Kirksey LB 1yr

Not as much as you want. He is a hold.

I received -
Jordan Cameron DE 1 yr
Pick 1.11

I gave -
Deebo Samuel 1 yr
Jake Elliot k 1yr
Christian Kirksey LB 1yr

Would you take 1.11 in a 16 team league? Minus all the other noise?

I received -
Jordan Cameron DE 1 yr
Pick 1.11

I gave -
Deebo Samuel 1 yr
Jake Elliot k 1yr
Christian Kirksey LB 1yr

No

I received -
Jordan Cameron DE 1 yr
Pick 1.11

I gave -
Deebo Samuel 1 yr
Jake Elliot k 1yr
Christian Kirksey LB 1yr

I might trade him for the 1.09 in a normal dynasty draft, depending what's available, but the makeup of my team comes into play. I probably wouldn't even do that until the draft has already started. Like I said, it depends what's available at the 1.9.

You didn't ask me, but he's probably worth anywhere from the 1.05-1.07. But that's all league-dependent. Sixteen team-leagues might be different, but that would seem to make holding an established guy even more important.

Users who are viewing this thread