What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (10 Viewers)

I guess we just need to resign ourselves to the fact that some leagues have traders that are fair and others that aren't. Then decide how badly you want to participate in the latter.

I have a Zealots league I'm probably leaving after this year. Half of it are players that don't have a clue.

Sure, guy, I'd love to trade Chubb for the #6 pick in this draft.

Or sure, guy 2, I'll take ten of your spare parts for Chubb, Lamb, and Chase Young.

I thought a bit, guy 3, about giving you the #2 overall for Daniel Jones, but I think I might be able to do better.

Or, why wouldn't I, guy 4, give you two firsts (including the #2) and a second for Watson? :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess we just need to resign ourselves to the fact that some leagues have traders that are fair and others that aren't. Then decide how badly you want to participate in the latter.

I have a Zealots league I'm probably leaving after this year. Half of it are players that don't have a clue.

Sure, guy, I'd love to trade Chubb for the #6 pick in this draft. Or sure, guy 2, I'll take ten of your spare parts for Chubb, Lamb, and Chase Young.
There are some guys that you just can't trade with and yet they seem to give away players to other teams.  I have actually had an owner say the only way he will trade with me is if I overpay by a lot because he doesn't want to help my team because my team is generally strong.  Then he gives away players to other owners for basically nothing (the exact guys I just inquired about and gave a better offer for).  Damn frustrating. 

We were talking about *my* WR4, not a WR4 in the NFL. And as my WR4 he is competing with my second QB in superflex to make it into my lineup.
In 2019 Slayton finished as WR 41 in PPG.

In 2020 Slayton finished as WR 71 in PPG.

I'd say he isn't just a WR4 on your roster, he's also a WR4 in the NFL.

In 2019 Slayton finished as WR 41 in PPG.

In 2020 Slayton finished as WR 71 in PPG.

I'd say he isn't just a WR4 on your roster, he's also a WR4 in the NFL.
I've got him at 34 and 53 for total points in PPR, Weeks 1-16. I know people love PPG for predictive purposes. I love players who play. 

Another FFPC league, this kind of pissed me off.

I traded: Jonnu, 5th

I got: 2022 3rd

Then the new Jonnu owner traded him away for Boyd and Robby Anderson

I don't mind so much because I'm consolidating and I made some roster space. Jonnu was going to do me no good, but how the hell did he fetch so much when I shopped him a bit and nobody wanted to pay more than a 3rd? That's what annoyed me. The flip happened less than 3 hours later, the market for Jonnu was set by what I traded him for, and someone gives up 2 top50 WR's for him? I don't get it. 
A lot of teams are trying to consolidate.  When you were shopping him around I'm guessing you were asking for picks, not for players.   Player values go down a lot this time of year in FFPC leagues if you are willing to take on extra players.   Picks and roster spots go way up in value.

Zealots Field superflex

Traded Diontae Johnson and the 2021 2.12

Received Calvin Ridley and 2021 4.06

Reasoning - I just don't trust Johnson's hands.

Zealots Field superflex

I think your reasoning should be...you got a great deal...not sure what the other guy is trying to accomplish...Johnson is intriguing but in a very best case scenario I still don't think he would be able to outscore Ridley if they are both healthy...the part I really don't understand is the draft picks (I am assuming 2.12 means it is the 12th pick in the second round)...if this deal was Johnson and a #1 for Ridley I could see the reasoning but you only had to give up a pick that is pretty far outside the stud zone which means you have zero exposure in this deal...this guy really has to be super-high on Johnson or really down on Ridley because it just doesn't make sense.

12 Team PPR

Team A got

Miles Sanders

Team B

got Dionte Johnson
I really don't understand this deal...Sanders had a bit of a choppy year due to injuries and overall Philly ineptness but it's very easy to see he is legit and will still only be 24 in May...if I am dealing Sanders for a WR I would be aiming much higher or would at least need another quality player or draft pick attached to Johnson...obtaining a potential stud RB should not be this easy.

Zealots Field superflex

The other guy needs to explain his reasoning.  Your's is simple.....you got a great deal on Ridley that you couldn't pass up. 

FFPC BB

Gave
Moore, D.J.
Jacobs, Josh
2021 Pick 1.04
Schultz, Dalton
Sample, Drew
2022 4th Round

Got
Sanders, Miles
Gibson, Antonio
Hockenson, T.J.
2022 3rd Round
2021 Pick 3.07

2nd yr tm, middle of the road, nothing at te, lost a bit at wr but improved at rb and te imho. Schultz, Sample obvious cuts. Am i wrong to think right now top 3 rookies r Harris, Etienne, Chase and then whole bunch of guys?

I think so, but I hold the 1.04 and 1.05 in one league, so I'm biased. But I'm seeing guys very much worth having. It's not a throwaway pick by any stretch.
Agreed, there is lots of talent 1.4+ but right now I'm thinking its much more of a crapshoot after what i think is big 3.

FFPC BB

Gave
Moore, D.J.
Jacobs, Josh
2021 Pick 1.04
Schultz, Dalton
Sample, Drew
2022 4th Round

Got
Sanders, Miles
Gibson, Antonio
Hockenson, T.J.
2022 3rd Round
2021 Pick 3.07

2nd yr tm, middle of the road, nothing at te, lost a bit at wr but improved at rb and te imho. Schultz, Sample obvious cuts. Am i wrong to think right now top 3 rookies r Harris, Etienne, Chase and then whole bunch of guys?
 I would definitely bet that won't be the consensus top 3 when everything unfolds and not because I'm saying you are wrong to feel this way now just that the top 3 consensus players in early February don't usually hold.

And that's really the interesting part of your trade. I personally like Gibson and Sanders more then Jacobs and DJ Moore but I think opinions would be varied on them. The only thing I would have had any hesitation in your trade is the part of it were Hock was turned into 1.4. I feel like this trade involved 5 blue chip players or pieces and one really good piece in Hockenson. ETA but if I was picking out the 5 pieces/picks I would start with Sanders and Gibson.

Gave Moore, D.J., Jacobs, Josh. 2021 Pick 1.04...
Got Sanders, Miles. Gibson, Antonio. Hockenson, T.J.

Personally, prefer Moore, Jacobs and the pick but can see either side.  I like the prospect of Chase or Smith and expect a RB to also be the mix, depending on landing spots, at the 1.04. 

That said, I have a preference for quality WRs due to stability and career length.

Team A in major rebuild.

A gave Mahomes

B gave Tua, 1.11, 2.07, 2.11, 3.11

12 team ppr, start 1 QB. 4 pts TD. 
Obviously one start QB leagues in this system it's hard for QB's to have big time value and get a lot for a trade.

But IMO even if the team trading Mahomes had another high end  QB(Tua's not that guy), even if they have have so much roster room that adding and keeping these picks did not look like an issue, hard to not feel like they just got about 75 cents on the dollar for Mahomes.

even if they have have so much roster room that adding and keeping these picks did not look like an issue, hard to not feel like they just got about 75 cents on the dollar for Mahomes.
The picks are lousy for Mahomes. I know there's supposed to be compensation for Mahomes in the form of Tua, but I can't shake that same feeling about the seventy-five cents.

12 team ppr, start 1 QB. 4 pts TD. 
I play under the same dynasty settings. Drafted Rodgers 1.05 in the start up (2011) and traded him away for the 1.1 and 2.1 a couple of years later. Then I moved the 1.1 in a package that involved Nuk coming back my way. I've won the 'ship 3 times since then and have a handful of 2nd and 3rd place finishes as well. *pats self on back*

I tell you all of this just to say that I don't think this guy is going to find the same success here. Mahomes has more value now then Rodgers had then. If you're going to trade a stud you gotta get one in return. 

I play under the same dynasty settings. Drafted Rodgers 1.05 in the start up (2011) and traded him away for the 1.1 and 2.1 a couple of years later. Then I moved the 1.1 in a package that involved Nuk coming back my way. I've won the 'ship 3 times since then and have a handful of 2nd and 3rd place finishes as well. *pats self on back*

I tell you all of this just to say that I don't think this guy is going to find the same success here. Mahomes has more value now then Rodgers had then. If you're going to trade a stud you gotta get one in return. 
If anything, your post shows that you were over compensated for Rodgers.  

No roster limits?  You can have 50 guys?

If that's the case then the deal is just "not good?
I thought you were referring to positional roster limits. I don’t see how that’s relevant to the trade but 23 guys is the roster limit. He has plenty of guys to cut if you are concerned about too many draft picks

If anything, your post shows that you were over compensated for Rodgers.  
Eh, at the time Rodgers was considered a set it and forget it at the QB position for the next decade plus. Probably what Mahomes is considered now. That draft was the one where Gio Bernard was typically the 1.1 pick. Not viewed as a particularly strong draft class at the time. 

FFPC Superflex:

I gave Antonio Gibson, 2022 1st (defending champ)
I got Russell Wilson

FFPC regular:

I gave Burrows, 1.05
I got Mahomes
In the FFPC orphan I took over, nobody is giving any sort of 1st for a QB, not even future 1st.

That said, I can easily see paying pick 5 for mahomes.  

Team A has got somebody in mind, eh? I like it for both if they like it. That's about even.
I think I like James Robinson basically equal to the 1.01 or close, but I know I am probably in the minority (as usual). I can't see paying that price to get 1.01, but I might a few months from now. So maybe it does make sense given how much more it will be worth as we move on. Could easily flip for another deal better than Robinson plus a late 1st. So...?

I think I like James Robinson basically equal to the 1.01 or close, but I know I am probably in the minority (as usual). I can't see paying that price to get 1.01, but I might a few months from now. So maybe it does make sense given how much more it will be worth as we move on. Could easily flip for another deal better than Robinson plus a late 1st. So...?
I see. So Robinson would be 1.01? Perhaps I really undervalued Robinson. I'm beginning to regret moving him for what I did. Smart money says he's the starter. I still think Meyer is going to want his guy for some reason. Then he's an asset that just lost a whole lot of value. Enough about me. Calcs have this all even, as do I. My personal thought: I think getting Chase or whoever you believe in (I'm not thinking that the guy is picking Harris or Etienne for two reasons. Age, and they haven't proven they're three down backs yet. Why would you move a younger, three-down Robinson for one of those guys?) is good value for the pick and Robinson. 

Users who are viewing this thread