What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (15 Viewers)

12 Team PPR, not involved.

Team A gets Mike Davis

Team B gets 2021 2.03
This is fair enough.  Might be pricey for Davis as I am not really high on him and think he only really might have this year but I'm not as high on the end of the 1st/top of 2nd in this draft as some others so nothing wrong if you you needed RB help and are trying to win now.

I like that it was done after the NFL draft.  Too many people pull the trigger on a trade like this before the draft and then the team goes and drafts a RB to compete for touches.

Have to agree with Edgar here. 29 for a receiver means you don't have a lot (any?) top level seasons left. I have Hopkins on half my teams and he is a forever favorite. Still, 6 guys in the game have more receiving yards than Nuk and 3 of those are Fitz, Jason Whitten and Desean Jackson who are not going to be starters ever again. Julio is the single example still playing of a guy older than Nuk who may this year be playing at a top level (apologies, perhaps, to AJ and conceivably Antonio Brown). I don't claim the ability to know if Pitts will be the real deal, but its unlikely that Nuk has more than a year of top 10 or 20 production left, where if Pitts is as advertised he should have a good eight years ahead of high quality production. Unless Hopkins makes you league champion this year, I don't see how the odds don't favor the rest of Pitts' career pretty easily over the rest of Nuk's..
I remember an analysis that showed a WR who is still producing as a WR1 at age 29/30 actually tends to continue  to produce for another 2-4 years. I actually think Nuk could be one of those guys. 

Dynasty Superflex 

Team A-KMurray

Team B-DK Metcalf & 2021 2nd

Team A has Mahomes.. ARodgers and 3rd and 4th pick in rookie draft. 

PPR league

Thoughts 

fwiw i offered the 1.03 for dhop in our good friend, 10 team super competitive 1ppr/1.5PPR dynasty.

he denied. 

so took pitts at 3. 

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team SF 0.5 PPR

Gave R. Stevenson, my 2022 4th, HIS 2022 4th, HIS 2022 1st

Got 2023 1st, 2022 2nd, 2023 3rd

Trade partner wanted his own 2022 1st back that I acquired last season. I had three 2022 1sts, so I moved one to 2023 and picked up another draft pick.

12tm 1QB

Trey Sermon (post-drafting), 22 2nd, 22 3rd (later projection)

FOR

Tyler Lockett, 22 1st (mid?)
That's a good deal for the person getting lockett. I just drafted Sermon at 1.12 in PPR. I don't need a WR, but now I wonder what I could get for him. I'll sell for that kind of haul lol. I got no bites when I put him on the block

12tm 1QB

FOR

I think it's pretty even.

Sermon's my 7th ranked player in this draft and I'd have to think that 2022 first is as good or better. Fact it's a risk and I got to wait a year for it so I lean Sermon over the 2022#1 by a tad, maybe more than a tad if I need a RB.

Locket's probably worth more then a 2nd and a 3rd but he's also a diminutive 29 year old speed WR and I don't usually put a massive value on those guys and sure not giving up a 2022#1 for him. A later projected second and a third however seems like a good deal, especially if you have a need.

Maybe slight value to team getting Locket but can see both sides. Let me put it another way on most of my teams I'd prefer the Sermon side even if I thought I was "losing" the trade.

If you are playing for the future, I guess.  I don't see people winning a ton of titles making these types of moves regularly.  This just screams rookie fever to me.
I would respectfully argue trading players like Hopkins before it's to late  is exactly how you win a ton of titles or at least stay relevant without needing to take a few steps(years) back and reload.

Different ways to reach success in dynasty but for me personally I feel like the trades where I've been on side dealing off the older aging player whose value I fear is about to fall off has been almost universally nothing but success. I used to never be the kind of person who bought players like this but did a few times in last 2 seasons and I would label those moves as a universal failure.

I would respectfully argue trading players like Hopkins before it's to late  is exactly how you win a ton of titles or at least stay relevant without needing to take a few steps(years) back and reload.

Different ways to reach success in dynasty but for me personally I feel like the trades where I've been on side dealing off the older aging player whose value I fear is about to fall off has been almost universally nothing but success. I used to never be the kind of person who bought players like this but did a few times in last 2 seasons and I would label those moves as a universal failure.
My experience has been the exact opposite.  While other owners are going after the shiny new toys every year I pick up the above average aging vets and continue to be in contention year after year.  This is by not necessarily giving up 1st round capital but picks for proven serviceable vets.  

My experience has been the exact opposite.  While other owners are going after the shiny new toys every year I pick up the above average aging vets and continue to be in contention year after year.  This is by not necessarily giving up 1st round capital but picks for proven serviceable vets.  
Recycling aging studs for young studs doesn't have to be about shiny rookies. For example, FantasyPros dynasty consensus rankings has DHop ahead of proven 22 year old Ceedee Lamb, straight up. Lamb's coming off a 1000 yard rookie season. Sure, your production takes a hit in the current year, but you come out ahead the following six years. Then when Ceedee is 29 and others in the fantasy community still consider him young and immune to regression like current day DHop, you trade him to them for the next 22 year old stud.

It's how monster teams get built and you never rebuild, because you just reload.

Recycling aging studs for young studs doesn't have to be about shiny rookies. For example, FantasyPros dynasty consensus rankings has DHop ahead of proven 22 year old Ceedee Lamb, straight up. Lamb's coming off a 1000 yard rookie season. Sure, your production takes a hit in the current year, but you come out ahead the following six years. Then when Ceedee is 29 and others in the fantasy community still consider him young and immune to regression like current day DHop, you trade him to them for the next 22 year old stud.

It's how monster teams get built and you never rebuild, because you just reload.
Great in theory, but who is dealing Ceedee for anything other than top 5 asset value? Probably top 3. I agree if you can flip DHop for Ceedee do it. 

I tried to do something similar in making a deal on draft day for the guy who took Etienne. Now that he had RB depth I made an offer for Akers but he had no interest in moving him. We ended up making the deal for the unknown ETN. Everyone knows that the year 2 guy who has already shown is more valuable than a pick or an aging vet. They are the top commodity in dynasty.

This can be done in multiple ways.  You really need to find a balance but most owners don't.  Guys that always search for youth and playing for next year perpetually do that and never play for this year.  The best owners find the balance between youth and veterans and always stay in the top of the standings.  In my experience the teams that always trade the still relevant DHop for the rookie tend to be disappointed by the rookies early on because instead of them being a complimentary piece they expect top 10 production right from the get go (which rarely happens) so they move on because the player wasn't was expected.  My success has been driven by looking at shorter windows (2 yrs) and treating it a lot like a redraft by increasing the acquisition of guys like DHop or underperforming rookies that have changed situations (new QB, new position, new team, veteran leaving, etc).  The dynasty mentality of 5 yr windows or always needing the rookies tends to lead to owners always playing for next year (which never comes).  

Great in theory, but who is dealing Ceedee for anything other than top 5 asset value? Probably top 3. I agree if you can flip DHop for Ceedee do it. 

I tried to do something similar in making a deal on draft day for the guy who took Etienne. Now that he had RB depth I made an offer for Akers but he had no interest in moving him. We ended up making the deal for the unknown ETN. Everyone knows that the year 2 guy who has already shown is more valuable than a pick or an aging vet. They are the top commodity in dynasty.
This feeds into my point.  It is much easier to get the aging veteran that still has value in the current year because people want the shiny new toy so the value is so much better.  This is where the balance comes in.  If you can get the Lamb/Akers for reasonable prices of course you do it unfortunately that very rarely happens.  The key is finding the disappointing 2nd/3rd year guys that have a reason to improve and getting them at a discount. That is where you get true value.  

Not involved 12 Team 1 QB 0.5 PPR / 1.0 PPR TE

Team A gave up QB R Tannehill & 2022 1st 

Team B gave up 2.01 

Note:  Team A is 2020 Champ, has 1.12 pick and Buff QB Josh Allen (& Jimmy G) 

Edit to add additional trade just occured.... I am involved... 1-3 RB / 2-5 WR 

I gave up Phil RB Miles Sanders

I got Balt WR Hollywood Brown, 2022 1st (from above Team A gave up) & 4.04 pick 

12tm 1QB

FOR

Sermon and Lockett have similar ADP’s based on DLF so this is an almost free upgrade to a nice 1st next year IMO. Even if their ADPs head in opposite directions by this time next year, mid-1sts have a lot of trade value in season and have a nice shot of easily turning into early 1sts with just a key injury or under-performing player.

12tm 1QB

FOR

I like Sermon and I think he goes in the top 10 in a lot of drafts so I don't see much issue with this if you believe in him in SF as that is a great place for a RB if he takes over.  This seems pretty fair to me as I don't see Lockett with a ton of value personally.  He is way too hit or miss for me to like having him in my lineup.

I agree in a lot of situations personally but some players last longer than others and the deal has to be right.  Selling a 29 year old Tyler Lockett is different than selling a soon to be 29 year old D-Hop. 

I just feel that some aging players are worth more than a mid-1st and Hopkins is one of those guys.  Just my take but yes knowing "when" to sell vets in dynasty can help you win titles but selling them just to get a 1st round pick when the value isn't right isn't the way to win to me.

.5 ppr start 4-5 WR

A got 1.3

B got Dak, Julio
I like the talent at 1.3 but Dak and Julio going to a good team can win a chip this year and that is what we play for.  Feels like team A could have got more for those 2 players but that is a high end asset.  I like it for Team B, especially when they raise the trophy this year.

12 tm sf

gave 2.8 2.12 and 3.02

got 2.01 and 4.07

Came up and took Mac Jones with the pick, may yet trade him but 2.8 is a danger zone for me. You are hoping Marshall falls there or you are taking Toney just on capital.  Could still move Jones as I have Dak, Deshaun and Matt Ryan, but never anything wrong with having starting qb depth.  

Some trades in my leagues past few days and I'm not involved in any, thought they were all varying degrees of terrible.

FFPC:

Team A gave: Najee Harris

Team B gave: Terry McLaurin, Mike Williams, Firkser, Amon St. Brown and 6th in 2022.

Not FFPC, 12 team, single PPR, QRRWWTFF

Team A gave: 2022#1 (was pick 3 last year)

Team B got: 2.2 and 2.3

***Team B already had pick 2.4 and proceeded to pick Gainwell and Herbert  with the picks they got and Lawrence at 2.4****

Team A(same team A as above) gave: Deshaun Watson and Mecole Hardman

Team B gave: a 4th round pick and Gronk.

Some trades in my leagues past few days and I'm not involved in any, thought they were all varying degrees of terrible.

FFPC:

Team A gave: Najee Harris

Team B gave: Terry McLaurin, Mike Williams, Firkser, Amon St. Brown and 6th in 2022.

Not FFPC, 12 team, single PPR, QRRWWTFF

Team A gave: 2022#1 (was pick 3 last year)

Team B got: 2.2 and 2.3

***Team B already had pick 2.4 and proceeded to pick Gainwell and Herbert  with the picks they got and Lawrence at 2.4****

Team A(same team A as above) gave: Deshaun Watson and Mecole Hardman

Team B gave: a 4th round pick and Gronk.
I'm not a fan of any of these at all.  I know people like Scary Terry and I do think St. Brown has some upside but that is a bunch of pennies for Harris in the 1st.

The 2nd was terrible.  I would never give a 1st for those picks personally if there was any chance that 1st would be high.  Gainwell and Herbert don't have a ton of value right now in the places they ended up.

I also don't think that is anywhere near enough for Watson.  He is elite and won't miss more than this year (if he misses the entire thing).  Gronk and a 4th just doesn't move the needle at all for me.  These are the type of trades I hate to see in my leagues.

I also don't think that is anywhere near enough for Watson.  He is elite and won't miss more than this year (if he misses the entire thing).  Gronk and a 4th just doesn't move the needle at all for me.  These are the type of trades I hate to see in my leagues.
I thought this was the worst trade of all. Gronk is close to worthless,  Hardman alone worth a 4 IMO so this is free Watson. Also think at most Watson misses this year but I actually lean on him being cleared to play at some point in 2021 if he wants to but regardless he's at most a year away.

The trade of his #1 used to pick those RB's is awful but at least they got a shot. Of course he could have just not picked Lawrence(he has Justin Herbert so was ok without Watson for awhile), and picked Gainwell at 2.4. He'd have retained his #1 in 2022, still had Watson.  In essence in a one start QB league he gave up Watson and his 2022#1 for Lawrence and Khalil Herbert. Oof.

This is a 10+ year old league  and I called him out for it during the draft and rest of the league left me hanging like I was the bad guy.

The Najee trade is also bad but that's one weird situation with that team. That team is on it's 4th owner already this off-season. I don't know what's up with the team but I think one of the guys who runs Dynasty Depot was owner 3, he drafted Najee, sold the team a few days after. So at least it's not as bad as picking Najee 1.1 and dealing him off but the whole thing is kind of odd.

Edit to add additional trade just occured.... I am involved... 1-3 RB / 2-5 WR 

I gave up Phil RB Miles Sanders

I got Balt WR Hollywood Brown, 2022 1st (from above Team A gave up) & 4.04 pick 
Depending on the pick it could be okay, but I do like Miles Sanders.  I think he has great speed and if he can stay healthy + better QB play (I know that isn't guaranteed) - he could be a RB1.  I think there could have been a better WR for you than Marquise Brown.  

A controversial trade went down in one of my FFPC leagues.  Some of the other owners protested it but FFPC upheld it.

Team A gets:  CeeDee Lamb, DJ Moore, Jonnu Smith, 2022 6th, 2022 7th

Team B gets: Allen Robinson, Amari Cooper, Darren Waller, Deebo Samuel, 2022 2nd, 2022 4th

This kind of fits in with the discussion above about trading players before they fall off the cliff but IMO this is an example of somebody giving up way too much to try to reload with younger players.

I thought this was the worst trade of all. Gronk is close to worthless,  Hardman alone worth a 4 IMO so this is free Watson. Also think at most Watson misses this year but I actually lean on him being cleared to play at some point in 2021 if he wants to but regardless he's at most a year away.

The trade of his #1 used to pick those RB's is awful but at least they got a shot. Of course he could have just not picked Lawrence(he has Justin Herbert so was ok without Watson for awhile), and picked Gainwell at 2.4. He'd have retained his #1 in 2022, still had Watson.  In essence in a one start QB league he gave up Watson and his 2022#1 for Lawrence and Khalil Herbert. Oof.

This is a 10+ year old league  and I called him out for it during the draft and rest of the league left me hanging like I was the bad guy.

The Najee trade is also bad but that's one weird situation with that team. That team is on it's 4th owner already this off-season. I don't know what's up with the team but I think one of the guys who runs Dynasty Depot was owner 3, he drafted Najee, sold the team a few days after. So at least it's not as bad as picking Najee 1.1 and dealing him off but the whole thing is kind of odd.
That is odd.  I mostly only play with friends so don't have that type of thing happen.  That is interesting.  I agree on the Watson trade.  Just terrible.  

A controversial trade went down in one of my FFPC leagues.  Some of the other owners protested it but FFPC upheld it.

Team B gets: Allen Robinson, Amari Cooper, Darren Waller, Deebo Samuel, 2022 2nd, 2022 4th

This kind of fits in with the discussion above about trading players before they fall off the cliff but IMO this is an example of somebody giving up way too much to try to reload with younger players.
I agree with you here.  Losing A-Rob, Cooper, and Waller is a ton for Lamb.  With also giving a 2nd and 4th to get a 6th and 7th back.  I'm not big on Moore, Smith, or Deebo but this feels like an overpay for Lamb though big time.  I have seen worse but it definitely isn't a balanced trade.

I'd take what team B got quite easily but don't see this as something anyone should be protesting and good of FFPC IMO to let it stand.

I agree with you here.  Losing A-Rob, Cooper, and Waller is a ton for Lamb.  With also giving a 2nd and 4th to get a 6th and 7th back.  I'm not big on Moore, Smith, or Deebo but this feels like an overpay for Lamb though big time.  I have seen worse but it definitely isn't a balanced trade.
I disagree. In 12 months I think Lamb and Moore might be the two most valuable assets in this deal. Not something that multiple owners should be protesting IMO

I disagree. In 12 months I think Lamb and Moore might be the two most valuable assets in this deal. Not something that multiple owners should be protesting IMO
I think the Moore love has gone way too far.  I agree on Lamb though.  Still think Waller & A-Rob will be great pieces for a few years.  I don't think it is veto worthy but I do think it is an overpay easily.

Depending on the pick it could be okay, but I do like Miles Sanders.  I think he has great speed and if he can stay healthy + better QB play (I know that isn't guaranteed) - he could be a RB1.  I think there could have been a better WR for you than Marquise Brown.  
Thanks.  I think the Phi Offense under Sirianni will not make them "high octane" but more bottom of the barrel.  I like Sanders too, but Phi QB Hurts will take come carries and Sirianni is a reported RBBC believer.  I don't see Sanders getting more than 180-200 touches.  That to me warrants looking to move him.   This trade gives me 3 2022 1st's & 3 2022 2nds in my rebuild effort.  I believe the 2022 class will offer higher volume & caliber play makers.  

This is a deal between two owners who really love CeeDee Lamb. 

I think Lamb is far more talented and could very well be the WR1 in dynasty after this season.  He was well on his way there before Dak got hurt.
I hear the bolded all the time while everyone seems to want to crap on Cooper but he was the #1WR in fantasy after Dak's full 4 games and that was while drawing more difficult coverage.  So yes Lamb is coming along but Cooper already arrived and I'm in the camp that still thinks Cooper is more talented, not more valued, but more talented.

I hear the bolded all the time while everyone seems to want to crap on Cooper but he was the #1WR in fantasy after Dak's full 4 games and that was while drawing more difficult coverage.  So yes Lamb is coming along but Cooper already arrived and I'm in the camp that still thinks Cooper is more talented, not more valued, but more talented.
If you want to play games with partial seasons, why not mention that Lamb and Cooper were within 1 point of each other in PPR standings after Week 5?

We've seen what Cooper is, we know his ceiling.  He'll never be more than a high WR2, and his dynasty ranking accurately reflects that. Lamb could (and maybe should already) be the WR1 overall.

Midway through last season Amari Cooper was kind of a persona non grata and didn't fetch much in return.

As we sit here right now you can argue that he is a better NFL receiver than Lamb,  but we'll scoff at that notion by the end of this next season.

If you want to play games with partial seasons, why not mention that Lamb and Cooper were within 1 point of each other in PPR standings after Week 5?

We've seen what Cooper is, we know his ceiling.  He'll never be more than a high WR2, and his dynasty ranking accurately reflects that. Lamb could (and maybe should already) be the WR1 overall.
Whoa, I'm not playing games and was just responding to your post. I only deal in full games but sure we can use the Dak partial game and Cooper was still better despite drawing the top coverage because he's still more talented while Lamb operated out of the slot 85% of the time.

And Coopers already been a WR1 and is one of the best point per target WR's in the league during his career.  He's  been a steady volume guy most years but never a huge volume guy is his main issue of rising higher, his career high not counting week 17 is WR13 in targets.

No one is arguing who is more valuable in dynasty.

I think Lamb is far more talented and could very well be the WR1 in dynasty after this season.  He was well on his way there before Dak got hurt.
I might be a touch off here (and maybe not, im going off memory), but Cooper WAS the #1 ppr wr while dak was playing

Eta: was already discussed above. Anyways, i stand by it. I think cooper is a better nfl receiver. But lamb is a boss, i own him. I love him

Midway through last season Amari Cooper was kind of a persona non grata and didn't fetch much in return.

As we sit here right now you can argue that he is a better NFL receiver than Lamb,  but we'll scoff at that notion by the end of this next season.

I do think Lamb could surpass him on talent but they are really different kind of WR's playing different roles so not an easy thing to measure. For me I need to see Lamb as the outside WR drawing top coverage and excelling before I can say he's more talented and again no argument from probably a single soul who plays dynasty who is more valuable, that is not close.

Interestingly to me that in FFPC redrafts they are going as WR13 and WR14 with Lamb going first and that surprises me, not that Lamb is going higher but that they are that close because I know how much fantasy people are down on Cooper and high on Lamb and not just in dynasty.  Cooper for most part remains persona non grata in fantasy community from what I can tell.

tangfoot said:
I like Lamb a lot and think Cooper might be gone after this year once his guaranteed money is gone but I think this might be a touch much.  He is a monster though.  I wish I had more shares in him.

Users who are viewing this thread