What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (13 Viewers)

Definitely Renfrow...I know I am in the minority, but I think he thrives with McDaniel and at least should remain solid...so you get him and then get the #2 back next year in what appears to be a strong draft...Allgeier is very intriguing as he has a great opportunity due to the landing spot, but he is a 5th round pick who if he went to a different team would be overlooked right now...he can be good this year due to the team's depth chart but I don't see him being anything too special long term. 

Renfrow side. Feels like you sold pretty low on him tbh. Renfroe & a 2nd for a ‘23 2nd? Yeah, I like Renfrow here by a lot. 
I don't actually disagree. I acknowledge it as an overpay. I think it makes my team stronger in the short term, which was the goal. My WR core is strong enough I'm not worried about losing Renfrow. But I fully agree the price was high. I don't mind.

I don't actually disagree. I acknowledge it as an overpay. I think it makes my team stronger in the short term, which was the goal. My WR core is strong enough I'm not worried about losing Renfrow. But I fully agree the price was high. I don't mind.

Got zero issues with this thinking...sometimes when it comes to roster construction you have to overpay in a trade to make the overall team better...the x-factor is Allgeier worth doing it for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got zero issues with this thinking...sometimes when it comes to roster construction you have to overpay in a trade to make the overall team better...the x-factor is Allgeier worth doing it for.
Yeah my expectations are tempered. In this particular situation (though it didn't really factor into my thinking for the trade at the time) I also ended up grabbing Damien Williams later in the draft. It may come to pass that we'd rather have CPat in our lineup but I do actually like Allgeier's profile enough to snag him here in a time of need. I think he is solid enough without being special. I think the room is wide open for him. I don't think the day 3 draft capital is as much of an impediment as people think it is. I think this draft is deeper at all positions because of covid and those days 3 backs may be more highly regarded than we realize right now. None of it means anything until they earn it on the field but I have to get RBs somewhere somehow.

I think Mariota is more serviceable than people are giving him credit for and that with Pitts/London/and yes Edwards, there really should be some decent running lanes and such. We'll see.

I also agree Renfrow could really eat in Vegas under McDaniels. He clearly has the chops and he has the chemistry already with Carr, so there is no stretch involved in thinking this way. I have him in a few other spots still. This squad of mine is strong at WR, TE and QB. IMHO.

menobrown and I just did this trade OTC - 12 team PPR (DWFC)

We traded 3 and 10

for

4 and Jerry Jeudy

Yeah my expectations are tempered. In this particular situation (though it didn't really factor into my thinking for the trade at the time) I also ended up grabbing Damien Williams later in the draft. It may come to pass that we'd rather have CPat in our lineup but I do actually like Allgeier's profile enough to snag him here in a time of need. I think he is solid enough without being special. I think the room is wide open for him. I don't think the day 3 draft capital is as much of an impediment as people think it is. I think this draft is deeper at all positions because of covid and those days 3 backs may be more highly regarded than we realize right now. None of it means anything until they earn it on the field but I have to get RBs somewhere somehow.

I think Mariota is more serviceable than people are giving him credit for and that with Pitts/London/and yes Edwards, there really should be some decent running lanes and such. We'll see.

I also agree Renfrow could really eat in Vegas under McDaniels. He clearly has the chops and he has the chemistry already with Carr, so there is no stretch involved in thinking this way. I have him in a few other spots still. This squad of mine is strong at WR, TE and QB. IMHO.
I also agree that sometimes ya overpay for what ya want. I’m no stranger to it myself. I’ve made some shrewd deals as part of my rebuild. I also overpaid to turn what I expected to be 1.07-8 and 1.09-11 into what I expect will be top 3-6 picks because it was necessary for my strategy.

I may have been able to do both deals a little cheaper, but I also managed to get them done, so it was worth it.

Perspective is everything. If this deal put you in a position to do what you needed to build in a way you believe helps, then it’s only an overpay on paper. Especially if you have a strong team and can afford to do it.

14 teams, SF, start two TE (TE 1.75 PPR)

Gave: 1.05, Aiyuk

Got: B. Hall, 3.01

---------------------------------

I'm pulling the parachute on Aiyuk. I don't see anything more than WR3 type years. I'll take the young, possible workhorse over the WR's at 1.05. 

16 Team PPR IDP TE Premium best ball league:

Gave: 1.14, 2023 1st
Got: Davante Adams

Means I basically have to ride out the rest of his career as I'll never get decent value trading him away, but my team is setup well to contend for another couple years so it felt like a deal I should take.

12 team PPR, start 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 2F, 1K, 1D

Traded:

• Allen, Keenan LAC WR
  • Smith Jr., Irv MIN TE
For:

• Gibson, Antonio WAS RB
  • Year 2023 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team B (drafting from 8 slot in 2022 draft)

12 team PPR, start 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 2F, 1K, 1D

Traded:

• Allen, Keenan LAC WR
  • Smith Jr., Irv MIN TE
For:

• Gibson, Antonio WAS RB
  • Year 2023 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team B (drafting from 8 slot in 2022 draft)

Solid trade...Gibson is a legit RB and that #2 is a very nice add-on...Allen is quality but he's not getting any younger and while Smith is very intriguing, he is still kind of an unknown quantity...this was a good deal without the #2 because obtaining an RB like Gibson is tough but getting the #2 makes this go from good to very good. 

Means I basically have to ride out the rest of his career as I'll never get decent value trading him away, but my team is setup well to contend for another couple years so it felt like a deal I should take.

Good deal...added a big time player without touching your current roster...the 1.14 is nothing too special and you have a year to get back into the first round for 2023...I really don't like this deal for the other guy...I get moving on from Adams at this point of his career but you gotta do better than this.

For a win-now team I like it. 

Could bite you in the A if Adams production in Oakland drops off, because as you said, he’s unlikely to get moved for this much again, and he’s not getting any younger.

But if it puts you over the top to win a ‘ship, it’s worth it. 

14 teams, SF, start two TE (TE 1.75 PPR)

Gave: 1.05, Aiyuk

Got: B. Hall, 3.01

---------------------------------

I'm pulling the parachute on Aiyuk. I don't see anything more than WR3 type years. I'll take the young, possible workhorse over the WR's at 1.05. 

Nice deal...getting quality RBs in a 14 team is not easy and as far as this year's draft it may not yield too many...if I was dealing Hall I would want that second piece to be more than Aiyuk.

menobrown and I just did this trade OTC - 12 team PPR (DWFC)

We traded 3 and 10

for

4 and Jerry Jeudy

Already got the "Will Jeudy play this year" comment from the chat in this league after the trade.

Trying to take advantage of negativity in the air surrounding Juedy was the thought behind the trade offer.

Was sort of hoping people would over react to an arrest report and when you got people wondering if a guy might not play this year over a non-violent misdemeanor there is your answer.

Good deal...added a big time player without touching your current roster...the 1.14 is nothing too special and you have a year to get back into the first round for 2023...I really don't like this deal for the other guy...I get moving on from Adams at this point of his career but you gotta do better than this.
He's definitely trying his hardest to make moves on that team. He's been shedding players in trades the last month or two. I actually had his 2022 1st from the startup draft last year in a deal that ended up being:

Him: Brandon Aiyuk (move up in startup draft)
Me: Joe Burrow, Treylon Burks (1.06)

Safe to say not a great one a year removed.

He just took George Pickens w/ the 1.14

FFPC 1QB

traded the 1.09 OTC for Herbert.

QB was my bring need and now I think I have a really well rounded and competitive team. He took Spiller with the 1.09. He’s rebuilding ad has Watson at QB now

Superflex

Traded Lock, Toney and 2.08 for 1.08.

I have an abundance of receivers, and would rather have a stud (or possible one) at 1.08, than bank on the Toney mess. Oh and I definitely didn't need Lock with Lamar, Rodgers and TLaw.

FFPC 1QB

QB was my bring need and now I think I have a really well rounded and competitive team. He took Spiller with the 1.09. He’s rebuilding ad has Watson at QB now

Excellent move for you...you lock down that position for a very long time with a QB that could go off any week...the 1.9 (especially this year) is an easy price to pay for that...very easy.

mcintyre1 said:

Some follow up on this, the other team ended up trading away my 2023 1st for the 2.02 OTC, so this trade ended up being:

Gave: George Pickens, Dameon Pierce

FFPC 1QB

FFPC I offered an owner my 2.02, 3.02 and 4.02 with Spiller still on the board for his Herbert (He also had Josh Allen)

No accept for me.  He said not close which I can understand but when you said he took Spiller with the pick he traded for Herbert I thought of course that guy did and not my guy.

FFPC 1QB

Good move.

I got offered 1.10 for Herbert on a FFPC team he's on with Mahomes and said no in part because the team is my multiple year main rival and also because even if Herbert is my backup in a one QB start league he's still a blue chip player and I don't like to give those up for fliers.

14 team PPR SF (start 8). Rookie draft started yesterday. Slew of trades, mostly for picks otc. In all, I think 10 teams were involved in trades. Draft summary at end of post.

Trade #1: N Harris, 2.08, 2023 3rd for Etienne, 2023 1st

Trade #2: 1.02 for J Jacobs, 1.09

Trade #3: 1.03, 2.03 for 1.07, 1.10

Trade #4: 1.05 for 3.07, 2023 1st

Trade #5: 1.06 for C Davis, 1.09

Trade #6: 1.07, Gallup for D Smith, 2.08, 2024 2nd

Trade #7: 1.11 for Schultz, 3.01

Draft recap (so far):

1.01 - Hall, 1.02 - Wilson, 1.03 - Walker, 1.04 - Williams, 1.05 - Pickett, 1.06 - London, 1.07 - Burks, 1.08 - Olave, 1.09 - Moore, 1.10 - Dotson, 1.11 - Willis, 1.12 - Ridder, 1.13 - R White, 1.14 - Cook, 2.01 - Watson, 2.02 - Pickens

Trade #1: N Harris, 2.08, 2023 3rd for Etienne, 2023 1st
ETN + ‘23 1st :wub:  

Trade #2: 1.02 for J Jacobs, 1.09
Jacobs 

Trade #3: 1.03, 2.03 for 1.07, 1.10
1.03 + 2.03

Trade #4: 1.05 for 3.07, 2023 1st
‘23 1st

Trade #5: 1.06 for C Davis, 1.09
tough one. 1.06 probably. 

Trade #6: 1.07, Gallup for D Smith, 2.08, 2024 2nd
Smith & Picks

Trade #7: 1.11 for Schultz, 3.01
Another tricky one. Schulz if I need a TE. Maybe even if I don’t. 

Ppr start 1 qb

devonta smith for 1.08

tyreek hill for 1.07
At first I read this as Smith and 8 for Tyreek and 7 and was going to say Tyreek side.

28 years old and without Mahomes or not I think you got to get a lot more for Tyreek then 1.7.

Devonta vs 1.8 is closer, his situation is not ideal right now but I love the talent. I'd take him over the 1.8 and exercise patience but I think you can draft some players at 8 that offer more immediate upside.

Users who are viewing this thread