What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (8 Viewers)

10 team SF

Sent - Hopkins, Vaughn, 2023 5th

Received - 2023 2nd, 4th

All picks probably going to be middle. Don't think I received the best value I could have done, he was initially offering a second, suggested a late round swap to move up to get a bit of extra value, chucked in Vaughn who's probably a cut for me anyway (he owns Fournette) to get it done. That said, happy enough with my WR situation as is (Evans/Lockett/Renfrow/Olave/ARSB) both now and for the next couple of years that I think Hopkins is expendable and I've now got 1/2/2/2 picks in rounds 1-4 next year
This feels very light for D-Hop to me.  Especially with a mid round pick.  This might be his value right now but I hate selling someone at their absolute basement.  I'd rather hold someone in this situation.

12 team PPR 2 QB

new owner to the league has made some questionably bad trades imo. Here’s his latest:

for

James Connor

its weird cuz the 1 trade I have been able to get done with him took like 2 months of back and forth and him hardballing me to get fair value. Then he seemingly makes other trades like this in days or even hours. Is this veto worthy? Being a new owner I’m worried about his longevity in the league.
Knee-jerk reaction was saying it is veto worthy but I don't know that it is.  I have never vetoed a Dynasty trade so that would be hard.  If you really hate it, you could let the league vote on it which I normally don't do either. 

However.....I would be looking at replacing this guy if it is a normal thing.  This is just terrible.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see both sides but I'd take Pittman/Herbert easily but I'm higher on Pittman than anyone else in this trade.
Yeah seems to be the consensus take. I love Pittman and have a ton of him. This is my first share of Jeudy. I think there is still some unwarranted panic out there about him. I also like Ridder to take over the job from Mariota at some point in year 1 and this team needs QBs pretty bad. I don't think Pittman and Jeudy should be considered that far off from each other. I also hope I'm wrong but I'm not sure Matt Ryan can throw a football anymore. 

I like K Herbert a bit but in this FFPC SF I have six RBs in front of him right now. Badie is just a throw in.

12 team PPR 2 QB

new owner to the league has made some questionably bad trades imo. Here’s his latest:

for

James Connor

its weird cuz the 1 trade I have been able to get done with him took like 2 months of back and forth and him hardballing me to get fair value. Then he seemingly makes other trades like this in days or even hours. Is this veto worthy? Being a new owner I’m worried about his longevity in the league.
Definitely not veto worthy unless there is collusion.  Barring that never veto a trade.  

I also have owners that trade like this and it drives me nuts.  He grinds me down to extract every ounce of some deal and then gives stuff away to other people.  I have figured out that it typically happens when I go to him for some player.  He then instantly bumps of that player's value because I want him and grinds me over the coals.  However, when there is a player that owner wants he sends out crazy over payments to get his "guy".  These type owners are all about their perspective.  Very frustrating to deal with.  

Like I said, this was a bad trade. I'm just surprised that so many people jumped in with "veto". I've seen far worse trades in this thread alone.
Many people look at trades from their own perspective and how it affects them.  Because of that "unfair" trades will ruin the league because in their mind they are now at a big disadvantage and it has to be overturned because of how it affects their team.  As you said, there are many trades that look lopsided at the time of the deal but end up being lopsided the other way.

For this particular case Hall is no guarantee at all.  He hasn't played a down in the NFL and could be nothing.  Conner you know what he can do in the NFL.  The trade is only "bad" because of what people think the return on a the 1.01 pick should be not because of what is actually being traded.  Conner for a rookie that is unproven is not a bad deal on it's face and as you said I think it is very likely that Conner outproduces the rookie this year with an outside chance of next year too - even if Hall plays well.  

The trade is only "bad" because of what people think the return on a the 1.01 pick should be not because of what is actually being traded
Right…the 1.01 should be able to get a much, much better player than a 27 year-old and oft-injured running back. Saying that this is anywhere close to an equitable trade is nonsense. Even if you are that firm a believer that Conner continues to score 12+ tds for the next couple of years, you still should  get at least one nice piece along with Conner thrown in on your side to try and give it a semblance of reasonable. I don’t have an issue with Conner being involved in a trade that’s giving up the 1.01, my issue is that he’s the only piece. 

Right…the 1.01 should be able to get a much, much better player than a 27 year-old and oft-injured running back. Saying that this is anywhere close to an equitable trade is nonsense. Even if you are that firm a believer that Conner continues to score 12+ tds for the next couple of years, you still should  get at least one nice piece along with Conner thrown in on your side to try and give it a semblance of reasonable. I don’t have an issue with Conner being involved in a trade that’s giving up the 1.01, my issue is that he’s the only piece. 
I agree with all of that.   But in actual fantasy points for your team the next couple of years the trade is not that imbalanced.  The imbalance comes from the "value" everyone places on the 1.01 and the upside of that pick.  I agree that was selling extremely low on that 1.01 "value".   There was definitely a better deal out there with a little investigation.  

But all that being said, it is not a veto worthy trade.  

In a 1QB league I think this is heavily to the Sanders side.  Carr is a JAG in 1 QB leagues.
I’m extremely low on Sanders, and I think Carr moves into top 12 territory with the upgrades to their offense.

i see if as fair in 1-QB leagues and an absolute bargain in SF. 

I’m extremely low on Sanders, and I think Carr moves into top 12 territory with the upgrades to their offense.

Top 12 territory is being a JAG for QB's.  There are a lot of QB's in that range with the ability to get into that top 12 territory.  

Top 12 territory is being a JAG for QB's.  There are a lot of QB's in that range with the ability to get into that top 12 territory.  
While that might be true, I feel similarly about Sanders prospects. It’s a direct correlation. I’m not saying Carr is extremely valuable, I’m saying it’s fair because Sanders is unreliable, injury prone, and honestly just not a great RB in what looks like another RBBC with a running QB who vultures TDs and doesn’t throw to the RB much.

Everyone keeps chasing Sanders 2019 50 receptions, and it’s unlikely gonna happen. So he’s maybe what, a 1K APY back with 20 receptions & 3-6? TD, IF he stays healthy and gives you 12 games?

he’s the Derick Carr of RBs. It’s a fair trade. 

They got a 4 round difference in startup ADP with FFPC.

Carr was cut in a league of mine and was drafted back at 3.11 of the rookie draft and there is no way on earth Sanders would have got out of round 2.

Hate on Sanders all you want and love up Carr but their values are not equal. If you believe that strongly in Carr, and I don't, he can be had for less.

While that might be true, I feel similarly about Sanders prospects. It’s a direct correlation. I’m not saying Carr is extremely valuable, I’m saying it’s fair because Sanders is unreliable, injury prone, and honestly just not a great RB in what looks like another RBBC with a running QB who vultures TDs and doesn’t throw to the RB much.

Everyone keeps chasing Sanders 2019 50 receptions, and it’s unlikely gonna happen. So he’s maybe what, a 1K APY back with 20 receptions & 3-6? TD, IF he stays healthy and gives you 12 games?

he’s the Derick Carr of RBs. It’s a fair trade. 
I see Sanders as different that that.  I think he is a talented RB that has injury/usage concerns because of his coaching staff.  When he gets the ball he has been good.  I think his upside is much more than Carr but has a lot more risk for sure.  I don't think they brought in anybody and he is far better than everyone (except maybe Gainwell) there and will be the main guy (when healthy).  Mixing in Gainwell should benefit him to keep him healthy.  If he gets 15 touches a game I think he puts up high end RB2 numbers with a few RB1 weeks.  I think that has a lot more value than an "approaching top 12 possibly" QB in a 1 QB league.  

The range of outcomes though is all over so I don't believe this is an unfair trade but I highly favor the upside of the Sanders side.

They got a 4 round difference in startup ADP with FFPC.

Carr was cut in a league of mine and was drafted back at 3.11 of the rookie draft and there is no way on earth Sanders would have got out of round 2.

Hate on Sanders all you want and love up Carr but their values are not equal. If you believe that strongly in Carr, and I don't, he can be had for less.
That doesn’t mean it’s not a fair deal. 

Deals don’t have to be even to be fair. If team Carr needed an upside QB2, and team Sanders had 4 RB ahead of Sanders, then I get it.

But rather than saying Carr could be had for less, I’d suggest Sanders may have been sold for more because there are owners out there who still believe in him.

obviously I’m not one of them. 

I see Sanders as different that that.  I think he is a talented RB that has injury/usage concerns because of his coaching staff.  When he gets the ball he has been good.  I think his upside is much more than Carr but has a lot more risk for sure.  I don't think they brought in anybody and he is far better than everyone (except maybe Gainwell) there and will be the main guy (when healthy).  Mixing in Gainwell should benefit him to keep him healthy.  If he gets 15 touches a game I think he puts up high end RB2 numbers with a few RB1 weeks.  I think that has a lot more value than an "approaching top 12 possibly" QB in a 1 QB league.  

The range of outcomes though is all over so I don't believe this is an unfair trade but I highly favor the upside of the Sanders side.
That’s a fair evaluation. Again, I don’t disagree. The Carr recipient has the safest floor in the deal, and if it was a roster need acquired from a position of depth, i don’t hate it.

I don’t see Sanders as having RB1 upside, but I agree he’s a talented RB. He just can’t stay on the field. Not sure how that’s his coaches fault though.

14 team 1 QB IDP PPR - 18 yr old dynasty league

Trades don't happen often in this league, especially ones involving premium assets. I am defending champ and have some aging assets(Kelce, Evans) I had been looking for a way to convert them into something younger. I have Burrow at QB. He originally offered 23 1st & Penny for Watson. I countered with this. He sat on it for almost 24 hours before pulling the trigger this AM. 

Gave: Watson and Evans

Got: 23 1st(Mid to Late), Higgins
Looks like a fair trade for all.  With you keeping Burrow, you won't really feel losing Watson while upgrading your long-term WR prospects and getting a 1st rounder on top, so well done

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A gave up:

• Mahomes, Patrick KCC QB; 
  • Hill, Kylin GBP RB; 
  • Allen, Keenan LAC WR
Team B gave up:

• Carr, Derek LVR QB; 
  • Sanders, Miles PHI RB; 
  • Scott, Boston PHI RB;
  • Year 2023 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team B

I feel this is extremely light to get Kelce.
He asked if I was interested, I responded with 2023 1st and asked what else. He said the pick was enough, so who was I to argue?

ETA - FBGs value chart has Kelce at 19 and a mid-1st at 20.  Although DTC had Kelce at 34+ and still 20 for the pick, so a great deal on that basis.

Team A gave up:

• Hill, Kylin GBP RB; 
  • Allen, Keenan LAC WR
Team B gave up:

• Carr, Derek LVR QB; 
  • Sanders, Miles PHI RB; 
  • Scott, Boston PHI RB;
not worth commenting on it’s so bad. 

12 team PPR, TE Bonus - QB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FL/FL

Team A gives: TE Travis Kelce

Team B gives: 2023 1st (likely mid-late)
I don’t think you’ll get that much more than a 2023 1st for Kelce at this point, so I’d say it’s a win/win for the Win Now team getting Kelce and the likely rebuilding team getting the pick. That said, in TE Premium, could probably pull a 2nd or 3rd round pick in addition if the other owner really wanted Kelce to put them over the top. 

Team A gave up:

• Hill, Kylin GBP RB; 
  • Allen, Keenan LAC WR
Team B gave up:

• Carr, Derek LVR QB; 
  • Sanders, Miles PHI RB; 
  • Scott, Boston PHI RB;
Yeah it is gross, agree with everyone else on it. I think Keenan is close to the same value as the other side which makes it nearly free Mahomes.

12 team PPR, TE Bonus - QB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FL/FL

I really don't think that is enough for Kelce. He is probably a "ride him into the sunset" kind of guy for me. Would never do this. If I'm left holding the bag on him I'm not sure I care. 

I really don't think that is enough for Kelce. He is probably a "ride him into the sunset" kind of guy for me. Would never do this. If I'm left holding the bag on him I'm not sure I care. 
it was definitely a good deal for the team acquiring Kelce. 

If I were in a rebuild I’d ask for at least a 1st & a 2nd, and I’d hope both would be top 5. 

But that said, sometimes ya get what ya get, and not everyone wants to work as hard making a trade. We cat-bird these trades all the time - some folks make 1 trade a year. 

:shrug:  

Draft format is a little weird because its a combined rookie / devy in a 24 team league with 2 player copies (2023 severely depleted) but I think in any case this worked out pretty well, one round in and made two trades so far:

I was at 1.03 with Breece Hall and TreVeyon Henderson already taken.  Sent out offers to trade down but would have taken Kenneth Walker if no takers.  Three trade offers to guys with 2 picks in the first for a 2 for 1 for the 1.03 and all rejected.  Sent offers to the 1.06, 1.07, and 1.08 to trade up to 1.03 for their 2022 first and a 2023 1st, all rejected.  Then sent an offer to the 1.14 (dispersal team that may struggle a bit in first year) and they accepted offer for 1.14 + 2023 1st for my 1.03.

We then got to the 1.10 before someone took one of the two Walker copies available and then I offered 1.14 and 3.23 to move up to 1.11, it was accepted and I took Walker.

So basically, traded 1.03 and 3.23 for Walker and a 2023 mid/early 1st.  

I agree he is a unicorn that such a huge advantage he is tough to trade, If you are a contending team. 

Draft format is a little weird because its a combined rookie / devy in a 24 team league with 2 player copies but I think in any case this worked out pretty well, one round in and made two trades so far:

I was at 1.03 with Breece Hall and TreVeyon Henderson already taken.  Sent out offers to trade down but would have taken Kenneth Walker if no takers.  Three trade offers to guys with 2 picks in the first for a 2 for 1 for the 1.03 and all rejected.  Sent offers to the 1.06, 1.07, and 1.08 to trade up to 1.03 for their 2022 first and a 2023 1st, all rejected.  Then sent an offer to the 1.14 (dispersal team that may struggle a bit in first year) and they accepted offer for 1.14 + 2023 1st for my 1.03.

We then got to the 1.10 before someone took one of the two Walker copies available and then I offered 1.14 and 3.23 to move up to 1.11, it was accepted and I took Walker.

So basically, traded 1.03 and 3.23 for Walker and a 2023 mid/early 1st.  
That is working the draft! 

It's light until it isn't. People were saying the same thing about Nuk this time last year. You'd be lucky to get a 2nd for Nuk now. There's an art to exiting the stage before their value evaporates. 
I don't mind cashing out a little light. That ~10pts or so against the field is huge though. If you got a contender I would ride him to the end.

Denver fan. JJ is overrated. Talented? Sure. He's a head case. I'd take 60% of Pittman over JJ in dynasty. 
I'm interested in your take on Jeudy.  

In dynasty start-ups, Pittman is already valued higher than Jeudy but why do you think he's overrated?

Do you think his value increases with the presence of Wilson or would you sell him now?

12 team PPR, TE Bonus - QB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FL/FL

Fixed my original post to add required TE spot.

Same league, gave David Montgomery (still have Barkley, Jones, Sanders), got Terry McLaurin to line up with Lamb and DJ Moore.

With 3 required WR spots and only 1 required RB, I didn't feel good having Lockett (w/o Russ) as my WR3.

Users who are viewing this thread