What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (18 Viewers)

Two things...your best bet to get more is during the season when injuries/benchings take place and a team becomes desperate...right know everyone is healthy...he is also be a great add-on to a bigger deal...two, I would rather hold onto him then deal him for a #2...I am not a Wentz fan but QBs are gold in SF and I would rather have the QB depth then a future #2...if he gets benched before I can move him for something better so be it, that is worth the risk. 
Do you think I possibly tried package deals before going for a 2023 2nd? Yes, of course I did. No takers unfortunately. 

You are ok with the risk of depreciation and I am not. I don't really think he has much of upside and he was my 4th QB on  20 man rosters. I think I need that roster spot for a couple of RB's. I would rather sit on an RB with injury upside over what I believe to be a dying asset in Wentz. 

🤜🤛

I am a Bears fan and have watched every snap of Mitch's career in Chicago. He is better than Ben was last year. Ben was brutal last season. Want to talk about inaccurate, That was Ben and a statue too. Plus MT has had some time to grow up, he came in the NFL super young and super inexperienced at the college level. If anything, he's no worse than 2022 BB.

Do I think Mitch is a pro bowler, of course not. Do I think the offense will regress, no, not that much. I am now actually hoping for some depreciation in value on a guy like D Johnson in redraft. I'll be in on that as much as I can

Now there is a possibility that a rookie beats him out, that's a real wildcard here. 

Last edited by a moderator:
10 Team 2QB League PPR  Starts 2QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 WR/TE/ 1 WR/RB/ 1 WR/RB/TE  

I traded:  DJMoore & Rhamondre Stevenson for  #4 overall pick. 

My Team:

• QB Watson, RWilson, Tua, TLance 
  • WR: JJefferson, AJBrown, JWaddle,  CGodwin (DJMoore) RonDale Moore, Laviska Shenault, Parris Campbell. 
  • RB: Jonathan Taylor, NChubb, JKDobbins, AJDillon, MCarterIII, (Rhamondre Stevenson) Trey Sermon, 
  • TE: Kelce, Goedert, Kmet, Trautman  
  • K, DEF, IDP, IDP
  • Draft Picks #2, (now #4), #10, #13, #14, #16 
  • Targets are likely to be  #2 Best of Hall/Walker available.  #4 Olave.    Rest WRs and maybe FA A.Okwuegbunam  I'd like to leverage someone for 2023 1st to get JSN. 
  •  
  • OTHER TEAM
  • QB Rodgers, KMurray, Garoppolo, JLove, JWinston, 
  • WR: D Hopkins, TeeHiggins, PittmanJR, DMooney, CKirk, Beasley, Marvin Jones JR.  Jarvis Landry 
  • RB: Gibson, DHenry, BBolden, Latavius Murray, CHyde, 
  • TE: Fant, HHenry, Gesicki 
  • Picks; (#20 overall)   He's also quoted as being in Rebuild mode. 

10 Team 2QB League PPR  Starts 2QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 WR/TE/ 1 WR/RB/ 1 WR/RB/TE  

I traded:  DJMoore & Rhamondre Stevenson for  #4 overall pick. 

My Team:

• QB Watson, RWilson, Tua, TLance 
  • WR: JJefferson, AJBrown, JWaddle,  CGodwin (DJMoore) RonDale Moore, Laviska Shenault, Parris Campbell. 
  • RB: Jonathan Taylor, NChubb, JKDobbins, AJDillon, MCarterIII, (Rhamondre Stevenson) Trey Sermon, 
  • TE: Kelce, Goedert, Kmet, Trautman  
  • K, DEF, IDP, IDP
  • Draft Picks #2, (now #4), #10, #13, #14, #16 
  • Targets are likely to be  #2 Best of Hall/Walker available.  #4 Olave.    Rest WRs and maybe FA A.Okwuegbunam  I'd like to leverage someone for 2023 1st to get JSN. 
  •  
  • OTHER TEAM
  • QB Rodgers, KMurray, Garoppolo, JLove, JWinston, 
  • WR: D Hopkins, TeeHiggins, PittmanJR, DMooney, CKirk, Beasley, Marvin Jones JR.  Jarvis Landry 
  • RB: Gibson, DHenry, BBolden, Latavius Murray, CHyde, 
  • TE: Fant, HHenry, Gesicki 
  • Picks; (#20 overall)   He's also quoted as being in Rebuild mode. 
I’d probably take the DJM side. Not sure who you’ll get at 1.04 that’s better. Moore is still only 25, and chances are the Panthers will figure out a QB in the next ~1-2 years. 

And I’m not sure why you needed to pay Stevenson, too. That’s a package I’d expect to see for 1.02, maybe 1.01

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a Bears fan and have watched every snap of Mitch's career in Chicago. He is better than Ben was last year. Ben was brutal last season. Want to talk about inaccurate, That was Ben and a statue too. Plus MT has had some time to grow up, he came in the NFL super young and super inexperienced at the college level. If anything, he's no worse than 2022 BB.

Do I think Mitch is a pro bowler, of course not. Do I think the offense will regress, no, not that much. I am now actually hoping for some depreciation in value on a guy like D Johnson in redraft. I'll be in on that as much as I can

Now there is a possibility that a rookie beats him out, that's a real wildcard here. 
Respectfully, the bolded seems incongruous with your initial statement.

Either Mitch is good, or he’ll get beaten out by a rookie.

I don’t see how both of those things can be true. 

It's possible the rookie comes in and plays lights out and beats out a mediocre QB in Mitch in camp. Which still wouldn't mean those hyperbolic statements you made about Mitch are accurate.

Head scratching….am I missing something? Is Beasley on a team…do 3rd round picks matter?

More than other leagues as 3.02 is basically 1.02 in the August draft, so if a rookie is rising or changing depth chart situations, those earlier 3rds do have more value than a typical rookie draft in one shot in May or August. Still, I was surprised to get the offer.

More than other leagues as 3.02 is basically 1.02 in the August draft, so if a rookie is rising or changing depth chart situations, those earlier 3rds do have more value than a typical rookie draft in one shot in May or August. Still, I was surprised to get the offer.
They're slightly more valuable, but there will still be two rounds of the top players gone at that point - plus the one guy that  shined the most should be gone at 3.01. I agree that one is a head scratcher - like ridiculously bad value.

12 team ppr 1QB

Mike Williams, Cole Kmet, Mac Jones

for

AJ Brown & 2 guys the other team immediately dropped

Team getting Mac Jones only had Goff at QB and is very thin at TE.

If you are a believer in Cole Kmet becoming a decent starting TE1 then I could see that side as I don't like AJB in Philly, especially with his injury history but this has to go to the AJB side.  I get why they did it but Mac Jones shouldn't be starting in a 1 QB league.  Makes them better and BMW should age well as Allen gets older.

12tm 1QB

Cole Beasley, 3.02, 3.06 (split draft with RD3/4 in August)

for

Devonta Smith
I'm not a Devonta Smith fan at all but this is way too light for him.

16tm 1QB Full IDP

Robert Tonyan, 1.15, 4.05

for

Mark Andrews

(1.15 became George Pickens)
I think Pickens could be decent and I know a lot of people expect Big Bob Tonyan to have a good season with Adams gone but Andrews was the TE1 last year and not that old for the position.  This feels pretty light to me too and I do think Pickens could be decent.

Agreed. If the 1.15 was, I don't know, 1.07, then maybe it starts become closer, but this just seems like giving up Andrews for a huge downgrade and a couple of dart throws. If there are some elite IDP prospects this season that are the equivalent value of a top 7 pick in offensive only, then it becomes closer (I don't play IDP, so no idea), but that does look kind of horrible

He didn't say Mitch was good.  He said he was better than BB last year.  Big difference.  It is totally possible for Mitch to be better than BB last year and still get beat out by a rookie.  Both of those can definitely be true.  

I am a Bears fan and have watched every snap of Mitch's career in Chicago. He is better than Ben was last year. Ben was brutal last season.

Not that this means anything in the trade threat but I have a strong disagreement with this. Ben's getting a bad rap.  He could still make all the throws and his processing speed was fantastic. He was probably the least mobile QB in the league playing behind arguably the worst pass blocking offensive line in the league. An absolutely horrible mix but it was not all on him.

For sure  Mitch, and Pickett, are better suited to run the type of offense the Steelers want to run which is going to have a lot of motion and RPO's. Whether their mobility is a bigger advantage then Ben's processing speed and the impact that has on the offense and weapons is tbd for me.

He didn't say Mitch was good.  He said he was better than BB last year.  Big difference.  It is totally possible for Mitch to be better than BB last year and still get beat out by a rookie.  Both of those can definitely be true.  
Ok, that’s fair. I thought he’d said Mitch wasn’t great but he was better than many people thought.

And since Pickett is a complete unknown at the NFL level, it seemed like if he beat out Mitch, then maybe Mitch isn’t better than many people think. 

Not that this means anything in the trade threat but I have a strong disagreement with this. Ben's getting a bad rap.  He could still make all the throws and his processing speed was fantastic. He was probably the least mobile QB in the league playing behind arguably the worst pass blocking offensive line in the league. An absolutely horrible mix but it was not all on him.

For sure  Mitch, and Pickett, are better suited to run the type of offense the Steelers want to run which is going to have a lot of motion and RPO's. Whether their mobility is a bigger advantage then Ben's processing speed and the impact that has on the offense and weapons is tbd for me.
My recollection was that DJ had a solid season because Ben couldn't make all the throws and had to stay short all the time because there wasn't anything else he could do.  The few games I watched seemed to match that narrative.  Ben's arm just wasn't the same last year.  

I agree with this. I’ll add that for years, Ben’s mobility & strength helped him evade the pass rush and helped to offset a somewhat poor pass blocking OL.

Dude used to shake off LB on the regular. When he lost that ability, his whole game suffered. 

We’ve seen Mitch behind a poor OL. It hasn’t been pretty. Is PIT’s OL now better than what Mitch had in Chicago? Maybe. 

I agree with this. I’ll add that for years, Ben’s mobility & strength helped him evade the pass rush and helped to offset a somewhat poor pass blocking OL.

Dude used to shake off LB on the regular. When he lost that ability, his whole game suffered. 

We’ve seen Mitch behind a poor OL. It hasn’t been pretty. Is PIT’s OL now better than what Mitch had in Chicago? Maybe. 
We saw Mitch behind a bad OL and a bad scheme that tried to make him do things he wasn't good at.  He is going to look bad when they try and make him do things he can't do.   Mitch's success will greatly depend on how well the coaches adapt the offense to play to what Mitch can do.  He has some skills and has shown glimpses of serviceable play.  It will be up to the coaching staff to get the most out of him.  

We saw Mitch behind a bad OL and a bad scheme that tried to make him do things he wasn't good at.  He is going to look bad when they try and make him do things he can't do.   Mitch's success will greatly depend on how well the coaches adapt the offense to play to what Mitch can do.  He has some skills and has shown glimpses of serviceable play.  It will be up to the coaching staff to get the most out of him.  
All salient points.

as I’ve said, PIT is a historically good team management-wise. Time will tell if they can fix Mitch. 

My recollection was that DJ had a solid season because Ben couldn't make all the throws and had to stay short all the time because there wasn't anything else he could do.  The few games I watched seemed to match that narrative.  Ben's arm just wasn't the same last year.  

Sorry but can't say I agree at all and I did watch every game because I watch most games but I'm also a Steelers fan. Was he the same as when he first came into the league? No. But from what I saw  when Ben struggled on his deep passes it was usually because he could not set his feet in the pocket or step into his throws because of the shoddy OL. So some of the deep ball accuracy stats won't reflect well on him but it's not taking that into consideration.  Throwing short to Diontae  was necessary because time. If Ben did not get rid of the ball quickly it was usually a mess if he could not locate a WR to throw to, had no plan because he could not move so he had to get it out or just get sacked. What he lost was his mobility and ability to escape.

Ben's longest completed air yard on the season was 53.1 but one throw does not tell a lot but here are a few I found. They won't be 50+ yard throws but and I'd post the lowlights and misses if I could find it but here are several long air yard throws he made.

The link below is Diontae Johnson highlights from last season. Times and air yards are approximate but in this video you will see:

48 second mark: 38 air yards

1.04 mark: 41 air yards

1.20: 43 air yards

4.29: 40 air yards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qwCxTic1bg

This link below Claypool highlights:

9 second mark: 46 air yards

1.22: 46 air yards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkAAdXBqDyU

Sorry but can't say I agree at all and I did watch every game because I watch most games but I'm also a Steelers fan. Was he the same as when he first came into the league? No. But from what I saw  when Ben struggled on his deep passes it was usually because he could not set his feet in the pocket or step into his throws because of the shoddy OL. So some of the deep ball accuracy stats won't reflect well on him but it's not taking that into consideration.  Throwing short to Diontae  was necessary because time. If Ben did not get rid of the ball quickly it was usually a mess if he could not locate a WR to throw to, had no plan because he could not move so he had to get it out or just get sacked. What he lost was his mobility and ability to escape.

Ben's longest completed air yard on the season was 53.1 but one throw does not tell a lot but here are a few I found. They won't be 50+ yard throws but and I'd post the lowlights and misses if I could find it but here are several long air yard throws he made.

The link below is Diontae Johnson highlights from last season. Times and air yards are approximate but in this video you will see:

Before last year BB could make those throws without setting his feet and if he was pressured.  It is what NFL QB's should be able to do.  The fact that he needed to set his feet and get everything in line perfectly to make those throws shows that his arm wasn't the same as it had been in the past.  He also had a few of those that floated on him and were underthrown.  

The bottom line is that his arm was not the same.  

Before last year BB could make those throws without setting his feet and if he was pressured.  It is what NFL QB's should be able to do.  The fact that he needed to set his feet and get everything in line perfectly to make those throws shows that his arm wasn't the same as it had been in the past.  He also had a few of those that floated on him and were underthrown.  

The bottom line is that his arm was not the same.  
We'll agree to disagree as I don't know what else I can say or provide.

See also: 1-3 yard outs to JJSS. 

I'm a big fan of yours Meno, I have played vs you in a few leagues. I really like your style and your success in that small sample that I have witnessed. Kudos to you and I always take note whenever you have a take in SP. 

https://www.nfl.com/players/ben-roethlisberger/stats/situational/

This gives a pretty good idea statistically of how last season was. It was better than I had anticipated, although I would like to dig a little deeper into this as it just might change my stance some. So thanks for that and I will dig a little deeper which usually means so condensed games to watch. Any particular games you recommend? 

I have been offered in a 12 team SF league the following trade.

Giving away 

T Lance

Tua Tag

Tee Higgins

For 

P Mahommes

Jimmy G

KJ Osborne

6th round 2022(no value)

Thoughts? KeepCutTrade likes the Mahommes side. 

The smart play is probably Mahomes but I think I’d take the risk on the other side. I’m not a Tua fan but he’s sure set up to succeed.
I already have Murray, so this could be a pretty good duo. This person has tried several times to get T Lance, but this is the first time that I am thinking about it. I also drafted S Moore, so that could be nice pairing for the next 4+ years. 

I already have Murray, so this could be a pretty good duo. This person has tried several times to get T Lance, but this is the first time that I am thinking about it. I also drafted S Moore, so that could be nice pairing for the next 4+ years. 
I mean you’d be giving up nice young WR in a deep WR pool but both QBs have “serious” question marks so in your position I could see it. The other side has a bit more excitement level I guess but like I said the smart play is probably Mahomes.

I mean you’d be giving up nice young WR in a deep WR pool but both QBs have “serious” question marks so in your position I could see it. The other side has a bit more excitement level I guess but like I said the smart play is probably Mahomes.
He has Justin Fields, so I am going to counter with those 2 for my 3. Lets see what happens. 

I agree that the younger QB side seems more exciting, that's why I am hesitant. 

osiriskid said:
12 Team SF, PPR.

Team A: Higgins 23 4th, 24 3rd.

Team B: Waddle 23 2nd.
That's a hard one because I like both Higgins and Waddle.  I suppose it comes down to which one you like better.  However, if you like both equally, it comes down to the 2023 2nd.  Will it be early?  A great player will be available in the early 2nd.  See the 2023 dynasty mock draft - https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/804376-2023-12-team-dynasty-3-round-mock-draft-ppr-start-1qb/   If an early 2nd, then I would think you have to consider getting Waddle and the 2nd.  You might consider it whether the pick is early or not.

Users who are viewing this thread