What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (14 Viewers)

12 TM PPR QB, RB, 3WR, TE, F2 (RB/WR/TE)

Gave: D Watson, Okonkwo, 2024 1st (hopefully very late)
Got: J Hurts, 2024 3rd (likely mid)

Maybe a slight overpay - hoped to get a 2nd back instead of the 3rd, but QB was my weakest spot

Projected lineup:

QB Hurts
RB Barkley
WR Lamb
WR Moore
WR Lockett/Ridley
TE Kelce
FL Goedert
FL AJones/Sanders
I gave up 3 1st round picks for Mahomes so I would say you didn't overpay at all.
You gave up 3 1st round picks for Mahomes in a 1 QB league? That would be craziness but fair in a SF league.
When you put names to the picks, it sure looks different.

I totally agree with you and he doesn't have D-Hop any more
Not to nitpick but Watson's best season of his career was his last season in Houston without Hopkins plus he lost Will Fuller in-season and was not really working with much. His weapons right now in totality are as good or better then any point in his career IMO and not even close to what he was working with in his best statistical season, which was his last full season.
I'd have to look at his last season but D-Hop/Fuller are miles better than Amari Cooper/DPJ/Elijah Moore. Not sure how you figure these are the best weapons of his career. He also, is in a very different offense than he was in Houston and playing outside. I think he bounces back but his days of being a top 5 QB are over IMO.

as a totality, his weapons in CLE are better. cooper, njoku, moore and tillman, plus chubb + elite o-line.
finishing top 5 as a qb is difficult, and no, he's not a lock... but like i said... for me in dynasty, he's still a top 5-6 qb

Not to nitpick but Watson's best season of his career was his last season in Houston without Hopkins plus he lost Will Fuller in-season and was not really working with much. His weapons right now in totality are as good or better then any point in his career IMO and not even close to what he was working with in his best statistical season, which was his last full season.
I'd have to look at his last season but D-Hop/Fuller are miles better than Amari Cooper/DPJ/Elijah Moore. Not sure how you figure these are the best weapons of his career. He also, is in a very different offense than he was in Houston and playing outside. I think he bounces back but his days of being a top 5 QB are over IMO.

as a totality, his weapons in CLE are better. cooper, njoku, moore and tillman, plus chubb + elite o-line.
finishing top 5 as a qb is difficult, and no, he's not a lock... but like i said... for me in dynasty, he's still a top 5-6 qb
What value do you place on him, picks wise, in a 1QB league? 1.8-1.10ish?

watson? i treat him as a top 5-6 qb, thus i wouldnt be moving him for anything less than a 1.02 this year (maybe 1.03/1.04 cuz jsn and flowers are so delicious)
if you got another stud qb, sure, do whatever you feel like

watson? i treat him as a top 5-6 qb, thus i wouldnt be moving him for anything less than a 1.02 this year (maybe 1.03/1.04 cuz jsn and flowers are so delicious)
Even if you think he'll be a top 5 QB (I don't), I wouldn't give anything close to that value now. Why take the risk when you can probably get one of the CURRENT top 5 QBs for somewhere around the 1.02. I think 1.08 - 1.10 is fair IF you're very needy and like his upside.

Even if you think he'll be a top 5 QB (I don't), I wouldn't give anything close to that value now. Why take the risk when you can probably get one of the CURRENT top 5 QBs for somewhere around the 1.02. I think 1.08 - 1.10 is fair IF you're very needy and like his upside.

maybe it's just the league i play in, but no one would give up a top qb for a single 1st, unless it was the 1.01.
mahomes, allen type guys would take 2-3 1sts, at least.

maybe it's just the league i play in, but no one would give up a top qb for a single 1st, unless it was the 1.01.
Mahomes and Allen both went in the first round of a startup I just did.

If you're able to find a trade partner that overrates Watson as much as you are doing then well done. Personally I barely have him as a QB1 excluding the incoming rookie class, would prefer all of Mahomes, Herbert, Hurts, Allen, Lawrence, Fields, Jackson and Burrow, Dak and Murray seem close. I'd certainly reject an offer of Watson for my Gibbs or JSN in 1qb without a counter

If you're able to find a trade partner that overrates Watson as much as you are doing then well done. Personally I barely have him as a QB1 excluding the incoming rookie class, would prefer all of Mahomes, Herbert, Hurts, Allen, Lawrence, Fields, Jackson and Burrow, Dak and Murray seem close. I'd certainly reject an offer of Watson for my Gibbs or JSN in 1qb without a counter

Unrelated -
Who says a counter must be made on good offers? Perhaps the player someone wants is a player the other owner isn’t keen on trading :). This happens to me a lot. A guy sends an offer and I reject, then he posts Counter? Then I have to say something like, I wasn’t looking to trade that player. If someone wants a player that I’m not looking to trade, he better wow me.

FFPC (1 QB)

two deals went down, same team (the GAVE team) made two deals with two different teams. The GAVE team is in total rebuild.

first deal

Gave: Josh Jacobs, Mike Evans, and Dalton Schultz
Got: Travis Kelce and Christian WAtson

2nd deal

Gave: Travis Kelce
Got: Dalton Kincaid and a 2024 1st (could be anywhere)

So after two deals the rebuilding team
Got: Dalton Kincaid, Christian Watson, and a 2024 1st
I like both deals for you. Well done!

Kindcaid is one of the more polarizing players right now. What would people consider a successful year for Kincaid?

FFPC (1 QB)

two deals went down, same team (the GAVE team) made two deals with two different teams. The GAVE team is in total rebuild.

first deal

2nd deal

Kindcaid is one of the more polarizing players right now. What would people consider a successful year for Kincaid?
50 rec, 600 yards, 5 TD? That would probably put him the top 10, I think.

I'd have to look at his last season but D-Hop/Fuller are miles better than Amari Cooper/DPJ/Elijah Moore. Not sure how you figure these are the best weapons of his career.
Don't agree.
D-Hop's best season was almost 1600 yards and 11 TDs. Coopers is less than 1200 yards and 9 TDs. Fuller had almost 900 and 8 in 11 games and DPJs best was almost 839 and 3 in 17 games. That isn't even close. Moore 538 and 5 is his best season. You can like their upside but as it sits they aren't nearly as good. D-Hop was considered one of the best 1-3 WRs in the league for a couple of years. Cooper never been in that conversation. It could change in the future but Cooper is about to be 29 so his prime is behind him. Fuller was a stud but couldn't stay on the field was his only real issue. All that being said, I do like Watson this year but I think his best weapons are definitely not what he has now.

FFPC (1 QB)

first deal

2nd deal

Some sort of consistent playing time and a few plays showing his potential

I'd have to look at his last season but D-Hop/Fuller are miles better than Amari Cooper/DPJ/Elijah Moore. Not sure how you figure these are the best weapons of his career.
Don't agree.
D-Hop's best season was almost 1600 yards and 11 TDs. Coopers is less than 1200 yards and 9 TDs. Fuller had almost 900 and 8 in 11 games and DPJs best was almost 839 and 3 in 17 games. That isn't even close. Moore 538 and 5 is his best season. You can like their upside but as it sits they aren't nearly as good. D-Hop was considered one of the best 1-3 WRs in the league for a couple of years. Cooper never been in that conversation. It could change in the future but Cooper is about to be 29 so his prime is behind him. Fuller was a stud but couldn't stay on the field was his only real issue. All that being said, I do like Watson this year but I think his best weapons are definitely not what he has now.
DHOP was one guy. I'm talking about the entire team.

That season you referenced on Fuller is 100% not relevant to this discussion since he had after Hopkins left. 670 was the most he ever gave you while paired with Hopkins. You seem a bit lost here.

Moore's been hamstrung with Zach Wilson, has excelled without him.

He's never had a TE threat like Njoku. Tillmans and DPJ are better then I can recall his third and 4th WR options in Houston.

He's got deeper weapons, weapons that can work every part of the field and you are right about one thing, it's not even close that the Browns set of weapons are superior.

Mahomes and Allen both went in the first round of a startup I just did.
I want to say two wrongs don't make a right but I get, I just don't agree with paying that price. None of it's crazy, it's about what Rodgers was going for back when I started FFPC dynasty and he was about similar path and point in his career as these two. Again, just not for me.

I've literally picked these QB's off waivers along with Herbert, Hurts, Watson and Lamar and got a few for seconds. I just can't find top 12 overall talents like that so cheap is a major reason I don't like paying those prices. And as a consequence of me picking up all those Qb's off the waiver wire I had to move some cheap so now someone else gets to say how they got a stud QB for a real cheap price in my leagues.

Saying all that I feel like I'm in a middle ground area on QB value in one start FFPC leagues. Some of my leagues value them way lower then I ever would. Like a Herbert, Jalen Hurts type you won't be getting a 1, maybe a solid or two late seconds this time of year. Maybe a sure thing late one in-season if one is just tearing it up and it's a lock 9-12 type pick. I've tried to trade my QB surplus in these leagues and I just end up holding or having to take a massive discount.

Unrelated -
Who says a counter must be made on good offers?

It doesn't necessarily have to be, particularly when you're dealing with a trade that involves more than one asset on each side, but if someone sends me a player A for player B trade which I find obviously lol, then either they're hugely overvaluing their guy or undervaluing my guy, and in either case it's going to not be worth my time to investigate anything further

Unrelated -
Who says a counter must be made on good offers? Perhaps the player someone wants is a player the other owner isn’t keen on trading :). This happens to me a lot. A guy sends an offer and I reject, then he posts Counter? Then I have to say something like, I wasn’t looking to trade that player. If someone wants a player that I’m not looking to trade, he better wow me.
I get what you're saying, but I know my tendency is to exclude folks in my league that don't include some kind of dialogue in regards to offers. That said, I'd rather just see a 'not interested in moving xxx at this time' than nothing at all.

Unrelated -
I get what you're saying, but I know my tendency is to exclude folks in my league that don't include some kind of dialogue in regards to offers. That said, I'd rather just see a 'not interested in moving xxx at this time' than nothing at all.
I usually respond with thanks for the offer “ insert additional text here”, but it’s not necessary. Nor do I expect anything in return unless I ask a question. Or if I’m asked a question.

FFPC 1 QB

Rookie draft started, Bijan went 1.01. I'm not involved:

Team A gave: 1.02, 2.02, '24 R4
Team B gave: Chris Olave, 2.06

I've got the 1.03 in this league. I made about a half dozen offers for the 1.02, mostly before the reality draft, but I did make an offer last weekend that was rejected. Team A put the 1.02 on the block while on the clock and accepted an offer about 2 hours before I woke up this morning, so I missed out. Anyway, Gibbs is more valuable than this.
I love gibbs. But, I would seriously consider olave for him.

I'll probably get flamed for this one

12 teams, Superflex. TE-prem, bestball

Gave: Barkley, Arog

Got: Tua, Marquise Brown
----------------------
I've got Barley and Tua close in value and am loaded at RB (CMC, Stevenson, Henry, Kamara, Cook). Not a win or lose in my eyes. I wanted off the Arog train and needed to get younger.
I'm with you. I think Tua is criminally undervalued right now for the concussion scare and I have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that Hollywood Brown is 25. Seems like he's been in the league longer. I've always heard to sell your RBs after a big year and that would fit the mold for Saquon, who's 26 and has had major knee reconstruction and chronic ankle injuries.
I have Tua, Allen and Love as my qbs in standard league, really want to trade one, and its probably not Allen. Two teams have no qbs, and neither is willing to trade much of anything for Tua. I'll happily go with Love as my QB2. I think they best offer I got was Tua for Elijah Moore. I know he was a hot name last week, but I dont really want to give a team a good QB for a WR5 on my roster. His WRs are considered best in the NFL, yet the QB sucks? How can both of those be true at the same time?

I'll probably get flamed for this one

12 teams, Superflex. TE-prem, bestball

Gave: Barkley, Arog

Got: Tua, Marquise Brown
----------------------
I've got Barley and Tua close in value and am loaded at RB (CMC, Stevenson, Henry, Kamara, Cook). Not a win or lose in my eyes. I wanted off the Arog train and needed to get younger.
I'm with you. I think Tua is criminally undervalued right now for the concussion scare and I have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that Hollywood Brown is 25. Seems like he's been in the league longer. I've always heard to sell your RBs after a big year and that would fit the mold for Saquon, who's 26 and has had major knee reconstruction and chronic ankle injuries.
I have Tua, Allen and Love as my qbs in standard league, really want to trade one, and its probably not Allen. Two teams have no qbs, and neither is willing to trade much of anything for Tua. I'll happily go with Love as my QB2. I think they best offer I got was Tua for Elijah Moore. I know he was a hot name last week, but I dont really want to give a team a good QB for a WR5 on my roster. His WRs are considered best in the NFL, yet the QB sucks? How can both of those be true at the same time?
I don’t think the sucking is the issue. The concussions are.

Don't agree.
DHOP was one guy. I'm talking about the entire team.

That season you referenced on Fuller is 100% not relevant to this discussion since he had after Hopkins left. 670 was the most he ever gave you while paired with Hopkins. You seem a bit lost here.

Moore's been hamstrung with Zach Wilson, has excelled without him.

He's never had a TE threat like Njoku. Tillmans and DPJ are better then I can recall his third and 4th WR options in Houston.

He's got deeper weapons, weapons that can work every part of the field and you are right about one thing, it's not even close that the Browns set of weapons are superior.
I guess we will see. Tillman is a bust waiting to happen IMO, DPJ hasn't done much, Cooper is on the downside of his prime, and we will see what Moore is. Njoku was a bust of a first round pick too. They have some talent but that doesn't always prove to mean a ton in the NFL. Plus, Watson is older, playing in the cold, not use to those players/team, and has 7 TD passes in the last 3 seasons. I'd still take Houston's playmakers with D-Hop being the man.

2019 Fuller still had 670 and 3 in 11 games which is better than DPJ has ever done in per game splits. Stills had 561 and 4 in 13 games and D-Hop had 1165 and 7 in 15 games. Akins/Fells combined for 759 and 9 which is better numbers than Njoku has ever done by far so not like they didn't have anything at TE. I think you are hung up on these guys talent which is fine but I would say some recency bias is there if you are saying these guys are a better group of playmakers.

I don't know why I like McCaffrey here, but I do. There are just so few backs that can give what he gives. I hate that Walker was there and they drafted Charbonnet. It just doesn't bode well for the young man, IMO. Deebo and the early second aren't enough to swing this in that side's favor.

Give me Christian.

Last edited:
12 tm ppr dynasty 1qb deep 27 man rosters:

I traded Charbonet and my 24 and 25 firsts for Tee Higgins Herndon Hooker and Tank Bigsby

* note we switch to superflex in 25
* also note I’m a contender with three firsts in both 24 and 25 still in case these two points help it balance my way

12 tm ppr dynasty 1qb deep 27 man rosters:

I traded Charbonet and my 24 and 25 firsts for Tee Higgins Herndon Hooker and Tank Bigsby

* note we switch to superflex in 25
* also note I’m a contender with three firsts in both 24 and 25 still in case these two points help it balance my way
I'm not as high on Higgins as many in here are but I would take that side with the context you added. If those picks were early, I might lean the other way as Hooker and Bigsby could go either way but to get a QB when going to SF and I do like Tank. This seems like a good move in context.

12 tm ppr dynasty 1qb with deep 27 man rosters :

Mccaffrey for Kenneth walker deebo samuel and early 24 second
I'd take the McCaffrey side. Now if the other side was a 24 first I might have chosen the other side, depending on my roster construction.

12 team Best Ball SF PPR Dynasty League

Gave: 2024 1st, 2025 2nd, Crowder, Shepard, Kyle Philips

Got: Dotson, Terrace Marshall, Dyami Brown, $20 BBID (we each get 100 for the year)

Delusional or not, I expect my pick to be very late, roster below, and we start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 3 reg flex, 1 SF

Lawrence, Young, Carr
Pollard, Pierce, Dobbins, Mostert, Jeff Wilson, Hunt, Gainwell, Jordan Mason
Waddle, McLaurin, Higgins, London, Ridley, Dotson, Mingo, Marshall, Metchie, Dortch, Dyami Brown, Justyn Ross, Michael Wilson
Engram, Higbee, Juwan Johnson, Logan Thomas, Cole Turner, James Mitchell

12 team Best Ball SF PPR Dynasty League

Gave: 2024 1st, 2025 2nd, Crowder, Shepard, Kyle Philips

Got: Dotson, Terrace Marshall, Dyami Brown, $20 BBID (we each get 100 for the year)

Delusional or not, I expect my pick to be very late, roster below, and we start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 3 reg flex, 1 SF

Lawrence, Young, Carr
Pollard, Pierce, Dobbins, Mostert, Jeff Wilson, Hunt, Gainwell, Jordan Mason
Waddle, McLaurin, Higgins, London, Ridley, Dotson, Mingo, Marshall, Metchie, Dortch, Dyami Brown, Justyn Ross, Michael Wilson
Engram, Higbee, Juwan Johnson, Logan Thomas, Cole Turner, James Mitchell
Guess I don’t understand the logic in giving up a 1st/2nd to add yourself a WR6 and WR8, even in best ball? Your pick may very well be late, but in a SF league that’s basically a player like Dotson every year. Even so, your team has lots of question marks IMO and a top 6 pick could very easily happen. Finally, he’s not perceived to be worth much but Kyle Phillips has sneaky upside and it wouldn’t shock me if he held par with Dotson.

I think Dotson (and McLaurin) have had AWFUL QB play so far in their NFL careers. This year they have a real offensive coordinator and whether its Howell or Brissett, should have MUCH better QB play. I don't think Dotson is a player you will get each and every year. In fact, I think he will challenge and stay in the same elite tier with Olave, Wilson, and London from his class.

I think Dotson (and McLaurin) have had AWFUL QB play so far in their NFL careers. This year they have a real offensive coordinator and whether its Howell or Brissett, should have MUCH better QB play. I don't think Dotson is a player you will get each and every year. In fact, I think he will challenge and stay in the same elite tier with Olave, Wilson, and London from his class.

Agreed. I see Dotson as a sweet buy low right now. Mclaurin to a lesser extent too. As I've posted in the Howell thread, he looks like a nice flier as well.

What on earth was the guy acquiring Mixon thinking
If that ends up being a late first it seems about right. But if that's a random first or any decent shot at a high one, pretty ugly trade.

Wish I was in a league with you where I had Mixon then, I think the other guy could have removed the first and it's still an overpay, albeit one in the area of "maybe sensible depending on rosters/win now status" as opposed to a "LOL" overpay as described

What on earth was the guy acquiring Mixon thinking
If that ends up being a late first it seems about right. But if that's a random first or any decent shot at a high one, pretty ugly trade.

Wish I was in a league with you where I had Mixon then, I think the other guy could have removed the first and it's still an overpay, albeit one in the area of "maybe sensible depending on rosters/win now status" as opposed to a "LOL" overpay as described
I sold him to move up from 2.10 to 1.08 in my league. But I should add a signature to every message that "my league is RB crazy".

12 tm, ppr, idp

Gave: 2nd, 3rd
Got: Kendre Miller
--------------------------
I had some extra 2nd's and 3rd after I traded away Barkley for Najee+. I like Miller's chances at being a work horse back and wanted another share. The 2/3rd are projected mid-late.

Users who are viewing this thread